Author Topic: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series  (Read 238428 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series
« Reply #525 on: June 13, 2020, 05:37:54 PM »
good grief, that is one messed up mix up

Plus for Wonky Packages it looks like we now have: Three WP1 Cards,: Gargle,  Baby Rant, Gatorage.
                                                                           Three WP2 Cards: Brutal, Crumbs, Pit-O-Money
                                                                           Two  WP3 Cards:   Run Tiny, Clumsy
                                                                           Two WP4 Cards: Dill,  Top Snob

That will make it alot easier to know if your set of Wonky's is complete right?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:43:26 PM by DrDeal »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #526 on: June 13, 2020, 05:41:18 PM »
good grief, that is one messed up mix up

Not only is this not rocket science, it is their business!!!  Shameful execution with reverses is much too common.

But, with base sets so overproduced compared to the inserts, my plan of putting one base set in pages in order and another set up to show the puzzle, I'm covered.  I've actually got enough base sets to cover a wall...…

Anyone remember the 1991 Upper Deck Looney Tunes MLB set?  Now, that was planning and execution!  Designed for 9 pocket pages, with 9 cards on the front, and the next 9 printed on the backs, in the right order for the page.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #527 on: June 13, 2020, 07:10:25 PM »

I would actually prefer that they sell a Series once a month, with a base set, maybe half the coupons, and a handful of ludlows with each base set.  Monthly is less trouble, especially when selling/trading extras, and should save Topps some packing and shipping expenses.  I'd rather the Wonkys be a separate offering, but if they continue in these sets, maybe 1 title a month, and make them 1:5, in place of one of the ludlows.  Just my two cents, if Topps is listening.

I think the once per month is an interesting and worthwhile idea.  The savings on postage alone could allow for the price to be a bit lower or for Topps to add some extra incentive (assuming the month would still be $60 total).  It's kinda fun to get a set per week, but once per month is also pretty frequent.

I looked at the Topps page to see my previous orders as I had forgotten if I had already ordered the current week.  It listed like 2 of the 6 weekly series I've ordered.  I'm curious if anyone else has looked at that and seen an incomplete listing of their previous orders. 

Has it been determined (ie announced publicly) what will happen in months with five Wednesdays?  Will that month's set have more titles?

Edited to add: I just realized this is my 1000th post here.  Only 3900+, Pat, and I'll catch up to ya ;)

Offline Swiski

« Reply #528 on: June 14, 2020, 05:04:16 AM »
My set arrived yesterday with a Ludlow and coupon, but I was more excited to get this week's batch of parodies! IMO this is the best week so far. The colors, the jokes, the artwork all top notch!

Offline drono

« Reply #529 on: June 14, 2020, 05:22:02 AM »
I looked at the Topps page to see my previous orders as I had forgotten if I had already ordered the current week.  It listed like 2 of the 6 weekly series I've ordered.  I'm curious if anyone else has looked at that and seen an incomplete listing of their previous orders. 

All six of my weekly orders were listed.  Did you order some without logging in?

Anyone remember the 1991 Upper Deck Looney Tunes MLB set?  Now, that was planning and execution!  Designed for 9 pocket pages, with 9 cards on the front, and the next 9 printed on the backs, in the right order for the page.

I don't remember that one, but after going through all my worthless baseball card sets in binders from the late 80s and early 90s, I did notice that a couple of sets actually put the teams together in numerical and then alphabetical order rather than randomly scattering them through the series of 660 and more in the later sets.  As a kid, we never paid attention to the numbers on the backs of the cards, we kept them separated by teams and then sorted alphabetically, so that only makes sense for a manufacturer to do that knowing that the hobby moved to putting them in 9-pocket sheets.  It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 05:33:01 AM by drono »

Offline Tie Boot Tea

« Reply #530 on: June 14, 2020, 05:45:18 AM »

Yes.  I had the same with one of my orders.  I think I might have forgotten to log into my Topps account when I ordered that one, though.  Even though it was not in my order summary, I received an email confirmation from Topps for the order.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #531 on: June 14, 2020, 06:49:14 AM »

Geez, this series is creating a lot of waste!  I'm hip deep in bubble wrap that's too small for much of anything.  The only useful purpose I've found is to use it to protect my Gameboy Advance and my Gameboy Color.  That's 2; the rest, my mother will get to pop when she's bored.  That makes it a mom and pop   :]   But, our landfill is almost full here.  Maybe they could just tape the cases?

There are"Electronic Bubble Wrap Pop Fidget Toy Stress Relief Gadget" keychains on Amazon for those who crave the satisfaction. 

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #532 on: June 14, 2020, 09:29:50 AM »
No Week 3 S&H for me either :-(

Richard
#StayWacky

Online quas

« Reply #533 on: June 14, 2020, 10:06:48 AM »
No Week 3 S&H for me either :-(

Richard
#StayWacky

Richard, I feel your pain.
Marc

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #534 on: June 14, 2020, 10:18:54 AM »
All six of my weekly orders were listed.  Did you order some without logging in?

I don't remember that one, but after going through all my worthless baseball card sets in binders from the late 80s and early 90s, I did notice that a couple of sets actually put the teams together in numerical and then alphabetical order rather than randomly scattering them through the series of 660 and more in the later sets.  As a kid, we never paid attention to the numbers on the backs of the cards, we kept them separated by teams and then sorted alphabetically, so that only makes sense for a manufacturer to do that knowing that the hobby moved to putting them in 9-pocket sheets.  It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

You know, I don't recall ordering any sets without logging in.  Guess I wouldn't have thought that would have even been possible.

I also organized my baseball and football card sets in teams regardless of order.  If memory serves, I used the team checklist to organize the teams and they were typically in alphabetical order.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #535 on: June 15, 2020, 11:22:38 AM »
I received my two packs of week 3 wacky's today. I ordered each pack individually. First pack had a coupon back on the bottom with a Clumsy Wonky hiding underneath it. The second pack had a different coupon back on the bottom with another Clumsy Wonky hiding under it!!!!! I had purchased them this way in the hopes of having that happen. So two packs purchased each week so far, no Wonky's for weeks one of two. Two in week 3. I almost fainted.   ;)

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #536 on: June 15, 2020, 11:50:37 AM »
Week 3 arrived - without the benefit of a shipping notice - and what's up with the puzzle? I think a blind man lined it all up, the sequence is screwy.

3 sets each, 3 weeks, zero Wonkys. :-(

Online quas

« Reply #537 on: June 15, 2020, 01:34:56 PM »
Week 3 arrived - without the benefit of a shipping notice - and what's up with the puzzle? I think a blind man lined it all up, the sequence is screwy.

3 sets each, 3 weeks, zero Wonkys. :-(

Same here, no shipping notice.  5 sets, no Wonky, but remarkably all 5 coupon backs.  Also 5 ludlow backs, 4 different (all but #11) but I don't collect the ludlows.  I'll happily trade all 5 ludlows for a Clumsy Wonky.
Marc

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #538 on: June 15, 2020, 01:47:27 PM »
I received my 3 pack May week 3 order today as well. Was happier with this order. All 3 ludlows and all 3 coupons where different. But still Wonky-less after 3 weeks/9 packs. 
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #539 on: June 15, 2020, 04:13:33 PM »
just an FYI, I received my week 3 order of 20 packs, and got 2 Wonkys, and one of the packs that had it, the Wonky card was NOT on the bottom of the clear case.

Otherwise, good distribution this week, fairly even.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #540 on: June 15, 2020, 04:24:08 PM »
Week twos, two packs, 2 coupons 2 luds

Week threes, two packs, 2 coupons 1 lud and 1 Wonky

That's 2 wonky from 6 packs, not bad.

(note) neither Wonkys were on the bottom.

Jim

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #541 on: June 15, 2020, 05:17:29 PM »
week 3 resutls:

3 packs:  3 coupons (one a double) and 3 ludlows

Back to normal  :'(

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #542 on: June 15, 2020, 06:51:03 PM »
Shipping label notice for week 4 just showed up.
I might get these by Friday

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #543 on: June 15, 2020, 07:19:50 PM »
Same here. Coming via FedEx. Just need the borders re-opened. Should be getting them by August at this rate. That’s going to be a lot of opening and sorting. 😆

Offline drono

« Reply #544 on: June 16, 2020, 04:18:27 AM »
That’s going to be a lot of opening and sorting.

The way the collation is going, there might not be a lot of sorting.  ;D

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #545 on: June 16, 2020, 08:27:43 AM »
And just announced this morning..borders for Canada and US will be closed until July 21st for non-essential travel. Definitely needed but it’s going to be awhile before I get my sets. Oh well, I’ll keep supporting and keep my fingers crossed!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #546 on: June 16, 2020, 08:59:55 AM »
Preview image up on Facebook for tomorrow's set. There's a spelling error on it though...I'm sure you'll find it without me pointing it out...

https://www.facebook.com/WackyPackages/photos/a.127286783979123/3925290234178740/?type=3&theater

• Administrator
« Reply #547 on: June 16, 2020, 09:43:14 AM »
Preview image up on Facebook for tomorrow's set. There's a spelling error on it though...I'm sure you'll find it without me pointing it out...
Thanks for the heads up
Unfortunate that typos like this get through the process, but I’m sure it’ll get fixed before printing

Offline drono

« Reply #548 on: June 16, 2020, 10:07:28 AM »
There's a spelling error on it though...I'm sure you'll find it without me pointing it out...

https://www.facebook.com/WackyPackages/photos/a.127286783979123/3925290234178740/?type=3&theater

What are you talking about?  It's the new word for millennials living on their smart devices (computers) - compulively!

• Administrator
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 04:29:11 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #550 on: June 16, 2020, 04:23:49 PM »
Well, I guess I should not be ungrateful for the WP releases - I think they should have kept it simple; KISS

Puzzles no longer line up in order of cards - STOP trying to re-create the wheel..... gheeezzzzz!!!!!!

#AllWackiesMatter - For the love of G-d, keep them in proper order with ONE checklist.....

You're killing me smalls!

ONE Set with a checklist, one puzzle and OPTIONAL Wonky Set for those that wanted as well as a coupon SET.... what do I know..... I am a man over 50, that's two strikes already.... rant over, for now...... Grrrrrrr

Richard
#StayWacky

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #551 on: June 16, 2020, 11:11:14 PM »
I put my coupon and ludlow stickers into pages yesterday (to ensure that I actually kept one of everything for myself!), and still haven't decided what to do with the base sets.  At least I have plenty of those to just build the puzzles separately.  I might put them behind the number ordered stickers in the pages, although the checklists in the middle pose a problem.  Guess the extras could go at the end, checklists facing forward?  At least that way I'd save some pages.

A monthly set could avoid this, and have just one checklist
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 11:21:01 PM by RawGoo »

• Administrator
« Reply #552 on: June 17, 2020, 08:21:30 AM »
June week 3 posted a little bit earlier than usual

Guest artist of the week:  Chenduz

https://www.topps.com/2020-topps-wacky-packages-weekly-series-june-week-3.html

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #553 on: June 17, 2020, 08:28:17 AM »
What's the plan for these, just 8 weeks of May & June?

• Administrator
« Reply #554 on: June 17, 2020, 08:28:50 AM »
What's the plan for these, just 8 weeks of May & June?
I’m pretty sure that July is a ‘go’
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 09:01:27 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #555 on: June 17, 2020, 09:33:29 AM »
The more I see these GA Guest Artist cards, the more I love them! That being said, I prefer if I get that over the Wonky in my single weekly set. So if they are evenly rationed with a 50/50 chance, I'll pick one up on eBay since the price should be lower as more will be in circulation.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #556 on: June 17, 2020, 09:49:50 AM »
June week 3 posted a little bit earlier than usual

Guest artist of the week:  Chenduz

https://www.topps.com/2020-topps-wacky-packages-weekly-series-june-week-3.html

Looks like a really good week, but sticker #13 would have been even better with something on the top of the box.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #557 on: June 17, 2020, 10:21:06 AM »
I’m pretty sure that July is a ‘go’

I'm sure you're correct!

• Administrator
« Reply #558 on: June 17, 2020, 11:09:41 AM »
Sales for June week 2 staying high, at 952.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #559 on: June 17, 2020, 11:46:25 AM »
Sales for June week 2 staying high, at 952.
WAHOO!!!!!

anything