Author Topic: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series  (Read 238454 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series
« Reply #420 on: June 05, 2020, 03:27:34 AM »
Ebay seller got his week two shipment of twenty packs. He pulled two Cram Wonkys.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #421 on: June 05, 2020, 04:43:34 AM »
Can one of the artists who knows about the Guest Artists cards comment about whether they will change the insert ratio/ production of the Wonky's once they start the Guest Artist cards with week number five? They state either a Wonky or a Guest Artist card will be the second chase card in each pack. They do not state the odds of getting a Wonky. This impacts whether you purchase 2 packs / 5 packs etc. in hopes of scoring both a Wonky and a Guest Artist chase card.  Please advise. 

Thanks,  Andrew

If Topps was willing to share this info, I'd think they would have done it with Week 1 when we asked.  And, it seems that they will be changing the inserts on a monthly basis. 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #422 on: June 05, 2020, 06:33:55 AM »
If Topps was willing to share this info, I'd think they would have done it with Week 1 when we asked.  And, it seems that they will be changing the inserts on a monthly basis.

Looking for additional info sometimes pans out on this forum. What leads you to believe that they will be changing the inserts on monthly basis?
I feel the change they just made was influenced by our feedback on their choice of inserts. Did I miss a statement from Topps on changing up the inserts on a monthly basis?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #423 on: June 05, 2020, 08:44:20 AM »
Looking for additional info sometimes pans out on this forum. What leads you to believe that they will be changing the inserts on monthly basis?
I feel the change they just made was influenced by our feedback on their choice of inserts. Did I miss a statement from Topps on changing up the inserts on a monthly basis?

I am just thinking that if they added a new insert type for June, and are restarting the numbering, that they may well be considering the sets on a monthly basis, and might make a different change for July (which also has a fifth Wednesday).  I originally thought it was going to be a "2020 set" issued weekly, with continuous numbering and inserts.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #424 on: June 05, 2020, 08:51:32 AM »
I am just thinking that if they added a new insert type for June, and are restarting the numbering, that they may well be considering the sets on a monthly basis, and might make a different change for July (which also has a fifth Wednesday).  I originally thought it was going to be a "2020 set" issued weekly, with continuous numbering and inserts.

Maybe one of the artists will weigh in here and provide some insight. That has been known to occur.   ;)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #425 on: June 05, 2020, 09:01:37 AM »
Maybe one of the artists will weigh in here and provide some insight. That has been known to occur.   ;)

It's a new ongoing program, so everything is on the table.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #426 on: June 05, 2020, 10:41:53 AM »
It's a new ongoing program, so everything is on the table.

So safe to say that each month will be a set in its own? I kinda liked the idea of an ongoing set. Similar to the Wackies from 1979-1980 reprints. Each set was continuation of the previous set. Even over the 2 years. Would also be better if the wonkies could keep increasing in # and not restarting at 1 each month.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #427 on: June 05, 2020, 01:38:10 PM »
So safe to say that each month will be a set in its own? I kinda liked the idea of an ongoing set. Similar to the Wackies from 1979-1980 reprints. Each set was continuation of the previous set. Even over the 2 years. Would also be better if the wonkies could keep increasing in # and not restarting at 1 each month.

Looks like even the base cards are starting over at #1 this month.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #428 on: June 05, 2020, 02:16:26 PM »
Purchased 7 week 1 packs and 10 week 2 packs. Scored only one Wonky (week 2) and didn't get all the Luds or Coupons for week 1 either. That's a lot of money to not get all the cards. :sad:

Trying not to be negative, because: 1. Wackys are back! 2. The cards are GREAT!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 02:59:15 PM by Brian Mc »
Brian Mc

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #429 on: June 05, 2020, 03:46:19 PM »
Quote from: Dr.M
So safe to say that each month will be a set in its own?
Right from minute one this was noted. Look at Dave's OP. "Every month makes a series". To me, this means "starting over each month".

Quote from: RawGoo
Looks like even the base cards are starting over at #1 this month.
Well, sure!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #430 on: June 05, 2020, 04:27:11 PM »
Purchased 7 week 1 packs and 10 week 2 packs. Scored only one Wonky (week 2) and didn't get all the Luds or Coupons for week 1 either. That's a lot of money to not get all the cards. :sad:

Trying not to be negative, because: 1. Wackys are back! 2. The cards are GREAT!

I guess I am more negative than you. That’s ridiculous. I wish the hell they would just offer a master set option for something like $100.or so.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #431 on: June 06, 2020, 03:38:14 AM »
My Week Two Two Packs will arrive on Tuesday. Fingers crossed......

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #432 on: June 06, 2020, 09:50:43 AM »
June Week 1 now up

and the Bonus cards have an update
• 2 chase stickers - (1) Red Ludlow Back OR Coupon Back, (1) Wonky Packages OR Guest Artist of the Week
• Pezzimist - by Robert Jimenez

Wonky Packages restart at WP1. Hmm

https://www.topps.com/2020-topps-wacky-packages-weekly-series-june-week-1.html

Thanks for posting this!  I'm actually trying not to look too closely as I want some surprise when my pack arrives.  But that strategy led me to miss this new info when I ordered my first week of June pack.  I've been buying just one pack per week as I don't want to spend too much money and still not get a complete set.  Now I'm tempted to buy a second set in hopes of getting a Wonky and a Guest Artist.  But I'd be annoyed to do that and get two of one type.  Guess I have a few days to consider.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #433 on: June 06, 2020, 10:49:19 AM »
Got my second order of Week 1 packs.  These had the inserts hidden.  I now have plenty of extra inserts, even a Wonky.  LMK what you need! 

My Week 2 order showed up at the same time.  Haven't dug in yet, but I can see a Wonky at the back of one case, which is like what I saw with my first Week 1 order.

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #434 on: June 06, 2020, 11:26:12 AM »
In Week 1, the inserts I received were the 2nd and 3rd card in every case.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #435 on: June 06, 2020, 11:41:53 AM »
I guess we can call it pure luck, but I only ordered 2, week 1 packs and I got a Wonky.

I highly doubt my week 2, 2 packs will have one!

jim

Offline quas

« Reply #436 on: June 06, 2020, 12:17:29 PM »
Just got Week 2 from Topps.  5 packs, 1 Wonky, 4 different coupon backs, and Ludlows 7, 9, and 10.  I'll trade all 3 Ludlows for a coupon back #7.
Marc

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #437 on: June 06, 2020, 01:25:18 PM »
got my week 2 as well. not bubble wrapped this time. Just plastic cases loose in a box.
And collation was just awful this time, after a great distribution the first week. And just 1 Wonky for the 10 packs.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #438 on: June 06, 2020, 01:33:35 PM »
got my week 2 as well. not bubble wrapped this time. Just plastic cases loose in a box.
And collation was just awful this time, after a great distribution the first week. And just 1 Wonky for the 10 packs.

No bubble wrap for me either this time.  Glad to have less packaging.  Will open them later, gotta go make dinner.  I'm sure I will be able to help people with specific backs, not so sure about WP2 Wonkys yet.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 02:04:03 PM by RawGoo »

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #439 on: June 06, 2020, 01:43:22 PM »
Reading the results of others and along with my luck, I'm not looking forward to opening my packs for the first 2 weeks LOL

Week 1 arrives Monday and Week 2 on Tuesday.

I haven't decided about how many of the June Series cards I will purchase yet. I'll see what I get in the mail first.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #440 on: June 06, 2020, 04:55:29 PM »
got 20 sets, only one Wonky, not good distribution whatsoever.

I have plenty of the other "stuff" so if someone has a Wonky to spare, and you
need the Ludlows or Coupons, let me know, I always like to have a spare Wonky.

Thanks!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #441 on: June 06, 2020, 05:40:29 PM »
Thanks for posting this!  I'm actually trying not to look too closely as I want some surprise when my pack arrives.  But that strategy led me to miss this new info when I ordered my first week of June pack.  I've been buying just one pack per week as I don't want to spend too much money and still not get a complete set.  Now I'm tempted to buy a second set in hopes of getting a Wonky and a Guest Artist.  But I'd be annoyed to do that and get two of one type.  Guess I have a few days to consider.

Based on what we have seen so far; I sense they will continue to make the Wonky's scarce and most Week 5 packs will contain a Guest Artist Card.
Once this is confirmed I will just buy one pack per week. For now I will go with two packs per week.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #442 on: June 06, 2020, 06:23:00 PM »
from what I understand, we will still get two bonus cards.

One is going to be a ludlow or coupon
The other will be a Wonky or Guest Artist card

so the Wonkys are going to be easier to get, but the Ludlows and coupons, tougher

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #443 on: June 07, 2020, 12:55:08 AM »

so the Wonkys are going to be easier to get, but the Ludlows and coupons, tougher

These are starting to make my head spin.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #444 on: June 07, 2020, 02:21:03 AM »

Nowhere has it been stated that with the new arrangement Wonkys will be "Easier" to get. I think they will remain short-printed.  I think most packs will contain a Artist Guest Card. Time will tell.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #445 on: June 07, 2020, 04:18:02 AM »
Nowhere has it been stated that with the new arrangement Wonkys will be "Easier" to get. I think they will remain short-printed.  I think most packs will contain a Artist Guest Card. Time will tell.

I fear that I can no longer afford to want all the Wonkys and coupon backs  :'(
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 04:22:16 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #446 on: June 07, 2020, 04:54:26 AM »
These new June sets will satisy us a little better than the May sets, mainly because we get 6 unique titles with each set. I know many of you here are completists and want all the back variations (Luds, coupons) so the odds to complete a master set are harder, and you need to buy more sets. Personally, I think the whole Ludlow craze has run its course. I also wonder if the Guest Artist cards and Wonkys will be evenly produced, giving us a 50-50 chance. Time will tell indeed!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 04:56:53 AM by Swiski »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #447 on: June 07, 2020, 05:48:26 AM »

How did you do on your latest shipment? 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #448 on: June 07, 2020, 06:53:12 AM »
How did you do on your latest shipment?

The Week 1 second shipment wasn't too bad.  Week 2 (that was a single order) I cracked this morning, and it was very disappointing.  I am ashamed to admit it, but I ordered 40 packs, hoping to be able to help everyone with Wonkys and Coupons.  I got just 3 Wonkys.  And, the Wonky packs were obvious since the Wonky was the last card, so you'd think for $590 they would have at least managed to do 1:10.  Even the coupon backs were skewed, and I was shorted on #8. 

I truly wasn't looking to make a profit, but I see no way to come close to just breaking even on these.  I hope there will be Trick-or-Treating this year so I can give the base cards out and save some money on candy.  And, there will be magnets.

This is exactly what I was afraid of from the beginning - buying blind for four weeks.  And since the "sets" change each month, we will always be buying blind.  Maybe I'll be trading May inserts for future June base sets.  Not sure.  Just, disappointed.

Offline drono

« Reply #449 on: June 07, 2020, 07:53:13 AM »

Some of us came to that realization, and gave up, much quicker.

Week 2 (that was a single order) I cracked this morning, and it was very disappointing. 

I haven't heard of collation that bad since 1986.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #450 on: June 07, 2020, 08:06:48 AM »
Some of us came to that realization, and gave up, much quicker.

Guess I'm stupid, but I was trying to be optimistic and support new Wackys, and help forum friends.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 08:08:29 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #451 on: June 07, 2020, 08:50:58 AM »
I ordered 40 packs... I got just 3 Wonkys.... you'd think for $590 they would have at least managed to do 1:10.  Even the coupon backs were skewed, and I was shorted on #8. 

OMG, I thought my story was bad. This is borderline robbery by Topps.
Brian Mc

Offline quas

« Reply #452 on: June 07, 2020, 08:59:34 AM »
Guess I'm stupid, but I was trying to be optimistic and support new Wackys, and help forum friends.

Pat, you're not stupid at all.  You're the best!
Marc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #453 on: June 07, 2020, 09:24:07 AM »

We should start a virtual protest based on what you just experienced!!  That is not cool. 40 packs and three Wonky's. Very sad to hear that.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #454 on: June 07, 2020, 10:22:36 AM »
Great point Andrew!

Richard
#StayWacky

anything