Author Topic: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series  (Read 238482 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series
« Reply #245 on: May 25, 2020, 04:36:18 AM »

To me that seems a really high number. I'm hoping for a different definition of 'evenly distributed', which is that there is only one Wonky per each sets of Ludlow and Coupons (printRun*2Bonus/(5+5+1)). This scenario would then give 161 of each set of five back variations as well as only 161 Wonky cards. More total back variation sets and a lot fewer Wonkys.
[/quote]

It sounds like you would prefer fewer Wonkys being made. Why is that?

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #246 on: May 25, 2020, 05:06:53 AM »
To me that seems a really high number. I'm hoping for a different definition of 'evenly distributed', which is that there is only one Wonky per each sets of Ludlow and Coupons (printRun*2Bonus/(5+5+1)). This scenario would then give 161 of each set of five back variations as well as only 161 Wonky cards. More total back variation sets and a lot fewer Wonkys.

It sounds like you would prefer fewer Wonkys being made. Why is that?

Sorry, I think I messed up in my wording.

There are 11 bonus cards in total.  If I purchase 3 base sets, I get 6 bonus cards. If all 11 bonus cards are distributed evenly (meaning 5/11 odds of getting a Ludlow, 5/11 odds of getting a couoon, 1/11 odds of a Wonky) with no doubles, I would have a 6/11 chance of gettingt the wonky, or a little more than 50%.

I'm hoping that the actual odds of getting the Wonky are higher than this so there are more Wonkys since it seems like mostly everyone likes there and would want one.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 05:09:00 AM by BattleCaps »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #247 on: May 25, 2020, 07:56:09 AM »
Sorry, I think I messed up in my wording.

There are 11 bonus cards in total.  If I purchase 3 base sets, I get 6 bonus cards. If all 11 bonus cards are distributed evenly (meaning 5/11 odds of getting a Ludlow, 5/11 odds of getting a couoon, 1/11 odds of a Wonky) with no doubles, I would have a 6/11 chance of gettingt the wonky, or a little more than 50%.

I'm hoping that the actual odds of getting the Wonky are higher than this so there are more Wonkys since it seems like mostly everyone likes there and would want one.

But, Topps might realize that mostly everyone will want the Wonky.  If the Wonkys are in 50% of each weekly set, I think there will be a big drop in future weekly set sales.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #248 on: May 25, 2020, 09:45:02 AM »
I agree that we should keep notes on what the bonus card distribution is with every set. I do agree that I’m sure there will be a coupon back with every set and the Ludlows will probably be packed in with them in every 2-3 packs. You’ll probably see the Wonky in every 4th Pack. As mentioned, there’s no way the wonky will be in every other pack. This would kill the online sales for Topps. You’re most likely going to have to buy between 4-6 sets to get the wonky. With this. There will be lots of base sets up on eBay pretty quick. If that’s all you want and don’t care about the extras, you could probably just wait.

Offline drono

« Reply #249 on: May 25, 2020, 10:40:24 AM »
You’ll probably see the Wonky in every 4th Pack. As mentioned, there’s no way the wonky will be in every other pack. This would kill the online sales for Topps. You’re most likely going to have to buy between 4-6 sets to get the wonky.

That reminds me of the old bubblegum machines I saw as a kid with a bunch of worthless stuff and one really cool item pictured in the glass so I'd want to keep feeding it quarters until I got that one cool item.  The problem was, even though I was very gullible at that age, I also lacked having more than one or two quarters to feed the machine.  I'm tired of feeding Topps $15 just to try and get that cool item, so I'm buying one set and Wonky be d**ned.  If I get one, I get one.

There will be lots of base sets up on eBay pretty quick. If that’s all you want and don’t care about the extras, you could probably just wait.

Just like those early 1990's baseball cards I invested heavily in, they're pretty worthless at that point, not even worth the paper they're printed on.

Glad to see Wackys back, and I'm supporting the artists, but only at the rate of $15/week.  COVID-19 has seen my salary reduced, my bonuses removed, my leave accrual stopped, my holiday taken away, and the demand for me to work more hours.  I just can't afford to keep paying for more, but I'm happy to have a job and be able to work from home in the interim.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:03:48 AM by drono »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #250 on: May 25, 2020, 10:47:52 AM »
I agree that we should keep notes on what the bonus card distribution is with every set. I do agree that I’m sure there will be a coupon back with every set and the Ludlows will probably be packed in with them in every 2-3 packs. You’ll probably see the Wonky in every 4th Pack. As mentioned, there’s no way the wonky will be in every other pack. This would kill the online sales for Topps. You’re most likely going to have to buy between 4-6 sets to get the wonky. With this. There will be lots of base sets up on eBay pretty quick. If that’s all you want and don’t care about the extras, you could probably just wait.

If that's true, many collectors will stop buying directly from Topps and just wait for eBay. To keep Topps sales strong, they should make the distribution of the Wonkys higher so you get a 50-50 chance if you purchase just one set. So it's up to Topps to keep these weekly sets continuing for a long time. IMO the Wonky should be an automatic card you get each week, because it's a unique title and not a chase variant. I could care less about the Ludlow backs.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 10:52:01 AM by Swiski »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #251 on: May 25, 2020, 11:00:03 AM »
I purchased two packs for the first two weeks.  If the Wonky's settle at around $17 I may just buy one pack per week and supplement the wonky via Ebay if I strike out.  If Wonky's end up costing more ; I am not sure which way I will go.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #252 on: May 25, 2020, 11:05:56 AM »
Glad to see Wackys back, and I'm supporting the artists, but only at the rate of $15/week.  COVID-19 has seen my salary reduced, my bonuses removed, my leave accrual stopped, my holiday taken away, and the demand for me to work more hours.  I just can't afford to keep paying for more.

Yeah, I'm in that boat right now as well. $15 a week isn't too much of a strain since I'm buying only 1 set. Time will tell what the distribution is on the Wonkys. Some people can afford to buy 10 sets to guarantee getting at least one Wonky, then dump their extras on eBay. I can't wait to see how low the base sets go!! If my work situation doesn't improve soon, I might be forced to wait for eBay if the Wonkys are near impossible to get. I really don't benefit personally from having the coupon backs or Ludlows in my collection.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2020, 11:44:34 AM »
Yeah, I'm in that boat right now as well. $15 a week isn't too much of a strain since I'm buying only 1 set. Time will tell what the distribution is on the Wonkys. Some people can afford to buy 10 sets to guarantee getting at least one Wonky, then dump their extras on eBay. I can't wait to see how low the base sets go!! If my work situation doesn't improve soon, I might be forced to wait for eBay if the Wonkys are near impossible to get. I really don't benefit personally from having the coupon backs or Ludlows in my collection.

I do hope that the Wonkys will be in every 2-3 packs, but just doubt it.  So far, I've been buying my packs each week, hoping that the luds will be the rarest, and that I'll have plenty of Wonkys for people here, either for sale at less than ebay prices, or in trade for coupon backs I might need for myself.  I dearly hope that my Week 1 packs get here before I have to order Week 4 so we'll finally know the distribution for the inserts.

I ordered some magnet sheets for some of my base extras, and will probably also be giving single base stickers out at Halloween.

What I hate about the weekly sets is that if you're hoping to build an extra set to sell when it is "complete" you're going to have to wait 7 months until you can offer it  :-\

Offline Swiski

« Reply #254 on: May 26, 2020, 12:51:20 PM »
Teaser image on Facebook for one of tomorrow's titles. I won't spoil it here in case people want to be surprised.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2020, 01:43:01 PM »
Teaser image on Facebook for one of tomorrow's titles. I won't spoil it here in case people want to be surprised.
nice spot!
Another good one

for those not on Facebook  https://i.postimg.cc/Ls5tp87R/100805853-3839049792802785-2611328167368982528-o.jpg

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2020, 02:54:25 PM »

Great looking card!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #257 on: May 26, 2020, 04:37:01 PM »

Great card!!!   Promises kept!  Wackies live on in 2020......

• Administrator
« Reply #258 on: May 27, 2020, 11:08:53 AM »
cards are up, sort of, there are definitely some problems with the topps site

looks like the website has been fixed now

https://www.topps.com/2020-topps-wacky-packages-weekly-series-week-4.html

all five coupons shown this time.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:25:56 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #259 on: May 27, 2020, 11:20:02 AM »
I think there is some problems with Topps in general.  4 weeks of Wackies and still no shipping confirmations!

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #260 on: May 27, 2020, 11:25:00 AM »
I think there is some problems with Topps in general.  4 weeks of Wackies and still no shipping confirmations!

Check the spam folder in your email. Seems like most folks got a shipping notification for Week 1 purchases this past weekend.
Brian Mc

• Administrator
« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2020, 11:27:13 AM »
I'm in the same boat. Still no shipping notice.
I know some people have gotten them, but going on 9 business days and still nada

Offline zerostreet

• The Art of Robert Jimenez
« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2020, 11:31:40 AM »
So I think I jinxed myself by mentioning I live by the printer...my package is currently at the MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER. This happened once before with a GPK purchase. The  cards went to Puerto Rico and sat there for about 2 weeks before being redirected!
The Art of Robert Jimenez
www.zerostreet.com

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #263 on: May 27, 2020, 11:40:10 AM »

My order of first week cards is scheduled to arrive next Tuesday according to FedEx tracking.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #264 on: May 27, 2020, 11:54:19 AM »
So I think I jinxed myself by mentioning I live by the printer...my package is currently at the MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER. This happened once before with a GPK purchase. The  cards went to Puerto Rico and sat there for about 2 weeks before being redirected!

Mine said the same thing, now it's in Opa Locka and scheduled for Sat. delivery. Topps did not use Fed Up, they sent it directly thru the Post Office.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #265 on: May 27, 2020, 12:28:50 PM »
Fedex tracking says my Week 1 packs have made it from Florida to Georgia, and that I should get them on Friday.  Here's hoping!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #266 on: May 27, 2020, 12:33:53 PM »
Is this the best place to report a typo on one of the parodies? I noticed Hun Maid has "conquered" spelled "conquored" incorrectly. Figures its best to let them know right away to see if it can be fixed before production.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #267 on: May 27, 2020, 01:26:34 PM »
Is this the best place to report a typo on one of the parodies? I noticed Hun Maid has "conquered" spelled "conquored" incorrectly. Figures its best to let them know right away to see if it can be fixed before production.

I sent them the wrong file last night (hey, I was tired). I just sent over the one that was correct for them to fix it. I had it right on the actual painting but put the wrong overlay of lettering over that. Oy.

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #268 on: May 27, 2020, 01:42:20 PM »
I'm really enjoying this series.

I ordered my week 1 sets on the final Wednesday morning that they were available so I'lll probably be the last person to get a shipping notification. Nothing as of today.

• Administrator
« Reply #269 on: May 27, 2020, 02:31:19 PM »
Week 3 sales holding steady, which is great news!

Week 1:  886
Week 2:  745
Week 3:  739

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #270 on: May 27, 2020, 03:00:44 PM »
Mine (with corrected typo): Hun-Maid Raisins

• Administrator
« Reply #271 on: May 27, 2020, 03:06:39 PM »
Assume the coupon would get updated as well to the corrected version?

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #272 on: May 27, 2020, 03:09:47 PM »
I sent them the wrong file last night (hey, I was tired). I just sent over the one that was correct for them to fix it. I had it right on the actual painting but put the wrong overlay of lettering over that. Oy.

Thanks David! Great looking card

Offline Swiski

« Reply #273 on: May 27, 2020, 04:25:11 PM »

No worries...your entry this week is fantastic! I thought maybe there was a joke there, combining "conquered' with "concord" (as in grapes). This parody looks like it could be in the vintage series.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 04:26:51 PM by Swiski »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #274 on: May 27, 2020, 06:07:06 PM »
One of the Coupon Backs in the 4th set is cool enough that I might have to buy it.  Maybe one coupon back from each 5 card release going forward.  These keep getting better.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #275 on: May 28, 2020, 06:35:50 AM »
Really like the Hounds one! Knew I'd seen something similar before.

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: May 28, 2020, 07:26:57 AM »
*Finally* got a shipping notice last night at 2am for my Week 1 cards

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2020, 09:49:20 AM »
*Finally* got a shipping notice last night at 2am for my Week 1 cards

Yikes, bet you've been going crazy!

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: May 28, 2020, 02:26:48 PM »
Yikes, bet you've been going crazy!
Oh yeah! I didn't order on the first day of sales, but the delay compared to the others seems ridiculous.
At this point it's still only the tracking number, as Fedex doesn't actually have the package yet.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #279 on: May 28, 2020, 02:36:27 PM »
Oh yeah! I didn't order on the first day of sales, but the delay compared to the others seems ridiculous.
At this point it's still only the tracking number, as Fedex doesn't actually have the package yet.

And it's Thursday afternoon...….  Maybe next Wednesday?

anything