Author Topic: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series  (Read 238431 times)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
Re: Wacky Packages All New Weekly Series
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2020, 10:41:50 AM »
I do believe I'm extra dense today.........  can't quite figure out what to order to have a chance at one of everything.  Maybe I'll just not worry about the alternate backs.

And, is this print on Demand, or might they sell out before the week is up?

Print on Demand so you don't have to worry about it selling out

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2020, 10:44:36 AM »
Ok he said yes yes no

I had puzzle, coupon and Ludlow

Confused...

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2020, 10:46:17 AM »
Ok he said yes yes no

I had puzzle, coupon and Ludlow

Confused...
You had three questions. All those were in question one.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2020, 10:48:29 AM »
Awesome. Thank you.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2020, 11:14:43 AM »
My mistake, I should've answered each question individually. To clear up some of the confusion:

There are Coupon Backs, Puzzle Backs and Ludlow backs for each of the 5 new titles. Baby Rant is the Wonky Packages card. There will be a different one each week.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 11:20:14 AM by koduck »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2020, 11:16:41 AM »
What makes this a Wonky Package?  It looks like a Wacky Package to me.

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2020, 11:17:18 AM »
I hate this.

I really just want the base cards and the Wonky bonus card.

I assume that if you get 2 of 3 chase cards in each pack, in 3 packs you can get either:

I Ludlow, 1 Coupon
1 Ludlow, I Wonky
1 Coupon, I Wonky

So there's a 2/3 chance that you get the Wonky in one pack?

Then with perfect collation, you'd have to purchase at least 8 packs to get 5 each of the ludlows and coupon cards.

Is my logic correct?

------------------------------------
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 11:19:52 AM by BattleCaps »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2020, 11:19:32 AM »

Hey Rob, It's based off the 6th series title, "Baby Runt", very similar but kind of different...

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2020, 11:21:57 AM »

It might be considered a little bit of stretch from Baby Ruth, but it's a good twist on Baby Runt.  I don't know if the current packaging is different, but this Wonky looks like the old 1970's packaging used in Series 6.

Oh my, I need to go find my first four Wonkys..........

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2020, 11:22:10 AM »
Hey Rob, It's based off the 6th series title, "Baby Runt", very similar but kind of different...

Where's the baby from?

Online mikecho

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2020, 11:27:04 AM »
It might be considered a little bit of stretch from Baby Ruth, but it's a good twist on Baby Runt.  I don't know if the current packaging is different, but this Wonky looks like the old 1970's packaging used in Series 6.

Oh my, I need to go find my first four Wonkys..........
From what I can see, Pat, its real name is Curtiss Baby Ruth and it is, thus, based on Baby Runt from the 6th series. Baby Ruth is made by Nestle now, not Curtiss.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2020, 11:28:16 AM »
By the way, I want to give a big shout out to Paul Harris, the brainchild of "Magic Meatball"! As everyone here will agree, he's a top-notch writer and a true inspiration to the hobby! As a matter of fact, he's been touting a regular Wacky Packages release for as long as I can remember. So many thanks Paul!!! Hope to see a lot more of your ideas in future weeks!

Online mikecho

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2020, 11:30:43 AM »
By the way, I want to give a big shout out to Paul Harris, the brainchild of "Magic Meatball"! As everyone here will agree, he's a top-notch writer and a true inspiration to the hobby! As a matter of fact, he's been touting a regular Wacky Packages release for as long as I can remember. So many thanks Paul!!! Hope to see a lot more of your ideas in future weeks!
Oh yeah, Magic Meatball! I got a real laugh out of that one when I saw it on the Topps website!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2020, 11:39:11 AM »
Print on Demand so you don't have to worry about it selling out

Thanks!  That takes the pressure off for now, while we get a better understanding of the extra 2 cards per pack.  If the 2 cards will always be different types, such as ludlow and coupon, ludlow and Wonky, coupon and Wonky, that's one thing, but if packs might have 2 ludlows or 2 coupons, or 2 Wonkys, and the alternate backs for the 5 different stickers are printed in equal quantities with Wonkys, it might be a lot harder to get Wonkys.

Please forgive me if I'm overthinking this.........  I really like the Wonkys and will want one of each!  I've given up on luds, but I do enjoy the coupons, so I'll probably want those, too.

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2020, 11:52:43 AM »
Thanks!  That takes the pressure off for now, while we get a better understanding of the extra 2 cards per pack.  If the 2 cards will always be different types, such as ludlow and coupon, ludlow and Wonky, coupon and Wonky, that's one thing, but if packs might have 2 ludlows or 2 coupons, or 2 Wonkys, and the alternate backs for the 5 different stickers are printed in equal quantities with Wonkys, it might be a lot harder to get Wonkys.
Legit questions.
What are the odds with the chase cards. All equal? More Luds and coupons than Wonkys? Something else?

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2020, 12:07:24 PM »
Would be nice if it was something easy like
Every pack had 1 coupon back and the 2nd card was either a Ludlow or Wonky. Maybe lower odds of getting the Wonky.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2020, 12:14:44 PM »
I found my first Wonkys, numbered WP1 through WP4 on the fronts.  The backs are the same as what is shown for Baby Rant, but it looks like with this issue they will just be numbering the fronts starting from 1, without the WP.  A little odd to me, but I guess it keeps people who don't have the first four from feeling like they haven't "collected 'em all!" like it would if they started these with WP5.

Offline quas

« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2020, 12:37:26 PM »
Those are only good for topps now products and these aren’t those.

Basically you will earn these points for purchasing non-sports cards but if all you are interested in is non-sports cards, you can't use the points you earned because Topps Now products are only sports cards, as far as I know.  I'd love to be proven wrong so we could see how to actually use the points.
Marc

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2020, 12:38:08 PM »
I found my first Wonkys, numbered WP1 through WP4 on the fronts.  The backs are the same as what is shown for Baby Rant, but it looks like with this issue they will just be numbering the fronts starting from 1, without the WP.  A little odd to me, but I guess it keeps people who don't have the first four from feeling like they haven't "collected 'em all!" like it would if they started these with WP5.

How were the first 4 wonkys made available? Were they easy to get?

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2020, 12:53:55 PM »
WP1-WP3 were one per Wacky Comic book #5 order back in April 2013.
And if you bought three comics, you received WP4 as a bonus.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2020, 12:55:02 PM »

They were issued in 2013 with the April Fool's Day Wacky Packages Comics #5.  Each sealed comic included 1 of 3 different Wonky Packages cards (WP1, WP2, and WP3); a purchase of three comics included a special 4th Wonky Packages card WP4.

The issue price was $16.95 per comic book.  So, although they were easy to get, they weren't cheap.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 01:39:34 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2020, 12:57:54 PM »
They were issued in 2013 with the April Fool's Day Wacky Packages Comics #5.  Each sealed comic included 1 of 3 different Wonky Packages cards (WP1, WP2, and WP3); a purchase of three comics included a special 4th Wonky Packages card WP4.

The issue price was $16.95 per comic book.  So, although they were easy to get, they weren't cheap.

Thanks so much for the info! If anyone has them for sale please PM me :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 01:41:23 PM by RawGoo »

Offline quas

« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2020, 01:06:13 PM »
Thanks so much for the info! If anyone has them for sale please PM me :)

PM sent.
Marc

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2020, 02:01:48 PM »
Here's a pic of the original Wonky Packages, with the back.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2020, 02:50:08 PM »

Thanks for posting those Pat! And you guessed right: The reason we decided to start with 1 was because it might be tricky to find the original four titles and we didn't want to leave fans without a way to "collect them all".
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 02:52:54 PM by koduck »

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2020, 03:15:26 PM »
I've been bidding on the W1 through W4 Wonky Packages on eBay when they come up for sale for several years now and only have managed to get one of them so far.  They don't come up very often.

Does anybody know how many were made of each?

Offline quas

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2020, 03:19:59 PM »
There's a complete set listed on ebay for $250 plus applicable sales tax.  I have a complete set of W1 through W4 that I paid around $170 for.  I'd sell it for that same price, shipped.  If anyone is interested, please PM me.

SOLD!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 03:35:06 PM by quas »
Marc

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2020, 04:29:36 PM »
Missed it!   :'(

That sold quickly.

I'll keep searching....there's fun in that, or at least that's what I keep telling myself!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2020, 05:04:46 PM »
Dr.M,

You CAN write a script for the KoDUCK to discount forum members to only $10 / week and we can have the most important meal of the day (inside joke)

Doctor's Orders!!! being They are in NY they SHOULD comply!

SOOOO Great to see a new and consistent release of Wackies!!!!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2020, 06:46:24 PM »

Please forgive me if I'm overthinking this.........  I really like the Wonkys and will want one of each!  I've given up on luds, but I do enjoy the coupons, so I'll probably want those, too.

I don't mean to overthink it either, Pat, but I would like a clear answer about what the possibilities and odds are for the two bonus cards.  I also like the coupons (though not enough to collect 'em all as I suspect that could get a bit expensive) and Wonky Packages (which I would really like). 

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2020, 07:14:13 PM »
I don't mean to overthink it either, Pat, but I would like a clear answer about what the possibilities and odds are for the two bonus cards.  I also like the coupons (though not enough to collect 'em all as I suspect that could get a bit expensive) and Wonky Packages (which I would really like).
Finding out the odds would be great for the two extra cards, or really, the three types of bonus.
The coupon backs could be just as easy to get as the ludlow backs.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2020, 07:32:44 PM »
Dr.M,

You CAN write a script for the KoDUCK to discount forum members to only $10 / week and we can have the most important meal of the day (inside joke)

Doctor's Orders!!! being They are in NY they SHOULD comply!

SOOOO Great to see a new and consistent release of Wackies!!!!

Richard
#StayWacky

More than happy to oblige! Doctors orders must be followed. Stay safe out there!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2020, 10:26:18 PM »
Agree.
Ditto. Snot gags are the worst. I'll pass on these and hope for another old school series.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2020, 03:31:36 AM »
Ditto. Snot gags are the worst. I'll pass on these and hope for another old school series.

I has been stated that snot gags will not be the focus of this release. You can jump in and enjoy classic wacky humor without an overabundance of
poop/snot humor.

Offline drono

« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2020, 05:37:15 AM »
Glad to see the return of Wacky Packages, but I couldn't care less about the coupon or ludlow backs.  I'd rather just have the base cards and the Wonky Package.