Author Topic: Wacky Packages Old School 8  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Dr.M

Wacky Packages Old School 8
« on: November 08, 2019, 08:29:34 AM »
I just want to say thank you to David for bringing this set to life. I know there is a ton of frustration with Topps and they’re lack of interest in the WP line. The reality is that if the retail sets don’t sell well, why would they keep doing them. I personally would rather have these artist-driven sets that are being released. They have the quality and feel of the wacky packages cards we all want. The artwork on old school 8 is fantastic and would rather keep it that way. I don’t need relic cards and ransom inserts. Having a quality 30 card set once or twice a year is so much better. I know that $150 can seem like a lot to put out but you would be paying that for a retail box anyway. The fun part of collecting the alternate backs is being able to connect with the great people on this forum. I successfully completed old school 7 last year and expect to be able to do the same with this set (with the help of forum members of course!) can’t wait to get my set and start trading. I usually keep 1 artist sketch card and use the others to trade for cards I need.

Online mikecho

Re: Wacky Packages Old School 8
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 12:15:36 PM »
I just got a great idea for OLDS9.

How about a 1990s series to go with the 1991 one?

Better than that, why doesn't Topps take all the lost 1992 stickers that have already been published (including the ones from Lost Wackys Series 1 and Series 2 that haven't been officially published...yet), re-do them with the original white backgrounds and black borders, round them off to the intended 55 (and add or subtract some if what we have already isn't enough) and bingo! The lost 1992 series is now no longer lost! In fact, it's official!

anything