Author Topic: WACKY POSTCARDS ARE BACK!!! NO FOOLIN'!!!  (Read 28189 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: WACKY POSTCARDS ARE BACK!!! NO FOOLIN'!!!
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2020, 06:16:59 PM »
I figure we'll find out when we open them.  Also, whether a pack will have all three with orange borders, or if they will be even more spread out.  If people will keep track/report here how they find them it will be helpful.

I believe the orange cards are randomly inserted, so it's likely you won't get all 3 in one pack.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2020, 07:44:48 PM »
set looks fan-tastic, thank you to Neil, Topps, and everyone involved!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2020, 02:17:38 PM »
For those of you that can't get enough of Halloween, here's some binder inserts I made especially for the occasion! Please keep in mind, these are not an official Topps product, just something I put together for fun with their blessings. The spine is ideally suited for a 3/4" or 1" binder, but may need to be trimmed to fit.

Also, the files are large enough that they should look good when printed on a decent inkjet or laser printer. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2020, 02:39:28 PM »
Thanks Neil!!!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2020, 02:50:12 PM »
For those of you that can't get enough of Halloween, here's some binder inserts I made especially for the occasion! Please keep in mind, these are not an official Topps product, just something I put together for fun with their blessings. The spine is ideally suited for a 3/4" or 1" binder, but may need to be trimmed to fit.

Also, the files are large enough that they should look good when printed on a decent inkjet or laser printer. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!

WOW!!!! Printing mine tonight!!!
Alex

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2020, 05:49:10 PM »
They look great, Neil, and I just ordered my set.  Do you know if the wrapper they come in is more of an envelope or an actual wax-like wrapper?

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2020, 04:30:47 AM »

You know you're stepping on Richard's turf, right?

He's gonna wanna meet you on the playground at recess to settle this...  :]
Brian Mc

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2020, 06:45:54 AM »
Print the back sheet with some Glow in the Dark inks, now that’d be cool!

Online drono

« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2020, 06:59:58 AM »
For those of you that can't get enough of Halloween, here's some binder inserts I made especially for the occasion!

Topps should really think about selling these for all of their recent sets to those of us without color printers.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »
You know you're stepping on Richard's turf, right?

He's gonna wanna meet you on the playground at recess to settle this...  :]

Knowing Richard, he's not going to take any prisoners!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2020, 09:01:58 AM »
I am overwhelmed!!!!!

I am sooooo Happy I have inspired The Dark Lord Of Mars!

It is GREAT! to have a Partner in Wacky Crime!
I never caught onto Photoshop, probably better I had not, teee heee heee.........

I am currently working on ideas for the Weekly Wacky Series, just curious when it will end, for planning purposes that is!
Neil, Thanks again for the AWESOME Artwork,

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2020, 04:42:07 PM »

Thanks, Neil, for providing these!  I miss the days of the official Topps binders for so many sets.  Now, for the seemingly ungrateful part of this post.  Any chance you could do one for the Mars Attax Wackys?  Since I have nothing even close to official for those sets, and since they are picking up in number, I would totally love to have something for those.  And, if Neil is understandably too busy, anyone else up for the challenge?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2020, 06:41:56 AM »
Funny you should mention that. I am definitely going to try and put something together for mars when i get a little spare time. I suppose it should be a mix of old and new titles, right?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2020, 07:53:45 PM »
Funny you should mention that. I am definitely going to try and put something together for mars when i get a little spare time. I suppose it should be a mix of old and new titles, right?

Fantastic!  Yes, I think a mix of old and new would be great.  Attacky Packages are definitely becoming their own thing and deserve a binder  :-[

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2020, 04:30:07 PM »
Here is the Unofficial Version I created under my thread for Unofficial Binder Artwork:

Check out the Main Thread for more!
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=5472.msg98792;topicseen#msg98792

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2020, 07:34:07 AM »
Nice! That's as good as anyone could ask for!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2020, 07:36:20 AM »
Ok, halloween postcards countdown!

Just 2 Hours left to get your sets!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2020, 08:18:26 AM »
Ok, halloween postcards countdown!

Just 2 Hours left to get your sets!

Sold out as of 11:17 am!!

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2020, 12:01:25 PM »
Sold out as of 11:17 am!!
Total sales:  600

Online drono

« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2020, 12:51:49 PM »
I remember being away for a weekend when a Halloween set (2012?) went on sale on a Friday afternoon.  Before I got home on Sunday afternoon the limited edition sets of 600 had sold out.  I'm surprised that it took almost a week this time.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2020, 01:56:18 PM »
I remember being away for a weekend when a Halloween set (2012?) went on sale on a Friday afternoon.  Before I got home on Sunday afternoon the limited edition sets of 600 had sold out.  I'm surprised that it took almost a week this time.

I think it was the lack of sketches.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2020, 02:14:04 PM »
Great to hear they sold all 600 sets. So I guess there are 200 each of the bios , GITD and masks. They should not be too hard to acquire. The Orange variant cards will be another story.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2020, 02:46:30 PM »
Great to hear they sold all 600 sets. So I guess there are 200 each of the bios , GITD and masks. They should not be too hard to acquire. The Orange variant cards will be another story.

Hopefully everyone here will post how many orange postcards they pull.  Just guessing here, but I'd be surprised if the 3 orange cards aren't all in the same pack, replacing the 3 regular white cards.  The listing said to look out for orange variation "sets," and besides, I think it would make the packaging simpler.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2020, 04:28:51 PM »
Hopefully everyone here will post how many orange postcards they pull.  Just guessing here, but I'd be surprised if the 3 orange cards aren't all in the same pack, replacing the 3 regular white cards.  The listing said to look out for orange variation "sets," and besides, I think it would make the packaging simpler.

I agree Pat. All or nothing on the orange cards.

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2020, 04:39:10 PM »
I believe the orange cards are randomly inserted, so it's likely you won't get all 3 in one pack.
As Neil said.
We shall see...

Offline mikecho

« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2021, 07:39:39 PM »
Neil,

Did Wacky Halloween Postcards 2020 sell well, or is this the end?

And how goes it with the possible Halloween 2021 card set I think I may have heard about somewhere?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #166 on: July 14, 2021, 08:50:11 PM »
The 2020 set sold out, so in my book, that would warrant a follow up set in 2021, but we'll see.  Some of that will depend on what other projects are scheduled around October. Over the years, I've learned taht the golden rule with Wacky Packages is "never say never"!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2021, 10:53:54 PM »
The 2020 set sold out, so in my book, that would warrant a follow up set in 2021, but we'll see.  Some of that will depend on what other projects are scheduled around October. Over the years, I've learned taht the golden rule with Wacky Packages is "never say never"!

That's something Topps doesn't make clear on their site - they use "Sold Out" for items that were available in essentially unlimited quantities, but only during a specified window of time, such as a day or a week, which is different from a set that had limited quantities and literally sold out before the time window expired.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #168 on: July 14, 2021, 11:14:09 PM »
Neil, I think you may have misunderstood me. The Halloween 2021 set, from what I may have seen on here somewhere (I think), is the possible follow-up to the Halloween 2019 set you did before.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 11:16:46 PM by mikecho »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2021, 11:57:43 PM »
Neil, I think you may have misunderstood me. The Halloween 2021 set, from what I may have seen on here somewhere (I think), is the possible follow-up to the Halloween 2019 set you did before.

You asked about the "Wacky Halloween Postcards 2020" set, which is what this thread is all about; that was a Topps product, and it sold out about 45 minutes before the 1 week sale window closed.  There were 600 sets produced.

Perhaps you meant to ask about privately produced sets?  That isn't in this thread.  And, although I can't speak for Neil, if Topps is doing an official Wacky Halloween set, I would be very surprised if there was also a privately produced set.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 12:04:52 AM by RawGoo »