Author Topic: Spring 2020 Philly show  (Read 2190 times)

Offline dth1971

Re: Fall 2020 Philly show
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2020, 12:42:38 PM »
Just got an email cancelling the October show.  Sorry everybody   :sad:

Why not a virtural Philly Non-Sport Card show to fill both 2020 in person losses?

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2020, 12:46:27 PM »
Just got an email cancelling the October show.  Sorry everybody   :sad:

This is literally starting to get ridiculous. And that's saying a lot considering it has been ridiculous, and it is still ridiculous.

Offline BattleCaps

Re: Spring 2020 Philly show
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2020, 02:54:05 PM »
  I was planning on going, but hopefully this virus stuff will be behind us next year *fingers crossed*

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2020, 06:48:48 PM »
This is literally starting to get ridiculous. And that's saying a lot considering it has been ridiculous, and it is still ridiculous.

It is unfortunate, but I can't see how it is ridiculous.  They need to draw enough dealers and customers to make it work financially, and they might not have.  Also, if they had to limit the number of people in the room at any one time, there probably would have been awful lines, which would have resulted in disgruntled customers, maybe even demanding refunds.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2020, 08:14:31 PM »
Pat,
You are 100% correct

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2020, 03:12:47 AM »
It is unfortunate, but I can't see how it is ridiculous.  They need to draw enough dealers and customers to make it work financially, and they might not have.  Also, if they had to limit the number of people in the room at any one time, there probably would have been awful lines, which would have resulted in disgruntled customers, maybe even demanding refunds.

I am not calling it ridiculous such that the card show/Tosers are for not holding it, but regarding to this virus as a whole. I'm not going to rant about it again for obvious reasons, and I am sure everyone here knows my take.

Florida's health department falsified their numbers, and there's no doubt a plethora of other states are doing this as well because it lines their wallets. 'Tis all I have to say.

Offline drono

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2020, 03:51:28 AM »
I was going to try to make it this fall too and couple it with some other side trips in the area over the weekend.  I don't go anywhere these days, so I was hoping that the COVID-19 issue would be behind us.  However it only looks like it's getting worse.  We can hope for Spring of 2021.

Offline bandaches

• I had wacky sketch addiction!
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2020, 06:47:20 AM »
I am not calling it ridiculous such that the card show/Tosers are for not holding it, but regarding to this virus as a whole. I'm not going to rant about it again for obvious reasons, and I am sure everyone here knows my take.

Florida's health department falsified their numbers, and there's no doubt a plethora of other states are doing this as well because it lines their wallets. 'Tis all I have to say.
Not all of us know your stance, what evidence do you have that inflating the numbers lines wallets?  I have yet to find truly verifiable literature that says hospitals are enriched per Covid case.  Florida has an ex Health department worker saying she was fired because she refused to LOWER the numbers to justify opening Florida.  Lots of rumors with no substantiation of a conspiracy either way.  I focused on NJ and I can show the Covid death numbers are SURPRESSED and not inflated.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2020, 07:07:46 AM »
Not all of us know your stance, what evidence do you have that inflating the numbers lines wallets?  I have yet to find truly verifiable literature that says hospitals are enriched per Covid case.  Florida has an ex Health department worker saying she was fired because she refused to LOWER the numbers to justify opening Florida.  Lots of rumors with no substantiation of a conspiracy either way.  I focused on NJ and I can show the Covid death numbers are SURPRESSED and not inflated.

Unless I am reading incorrectly, hospitals have been getting 20% more federal funds due to this virus, and as usual, patients whom require ventilators give the hospital a three-fold kickback when compared to normal patients. I have no clue just HOW much hospitals are paid in general, and not sure who does...

And, the numbers are beyond FUBAR. Hospitals are reporting different numbers than health departments which are reporting different numbers than governors which are... you get my point. The country is getting shut down/has been shut down for months over a bunch of question marks where there is IS quantitative data that hasn't been shown publicly. Too little of the population wants to question that, and would rather lecture me on how a mask is just "common courtesy". I've often wondered why people don't wear these in the flu season.

I usually don't entertain conspiracy theorists, but this can't be chalked up to a whole lot until we know more. There is something up.

"It does appear to the case, however, that a motorcyclist who was killed in a traffic accident also tested positive for COVID-19, and was initially listed among Florida’s COVID-19-related deaths. But officials from the Florida Department of Health said that person has since been removed from the count."

I want to know when this figure was lowered, and how many similar cases have occurred and gone unnoticed by the general public.

http://www.madnesshub.com/2020/04/wolf-administration-is-caught-adding-up.html

And, I realize that the article was from a few months ago but that doesn't mean this flawed logic isn't still holding true. This corruption can still be hidden and we will never know.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 07:15:31 AM by NationalSpittoon »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2020, 07:25:11 AM »
I'm not going to rant about it again for obvious reasons, and I am sure everyone here knows my take.

I didn't know/remember your take, or I wouldn't have responded.  Let's move this to the Covid thread.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2020, 12:07:16 AM »
Y'all need to get onto the VR train.  Virtual Philly Show!  That'd be interesting.  Add crypto-Wackys paid for with bitcoin while in-headset, and we'll see the future of collectables!  (Ug.  Yah, even me, Mr. VR, wouldn't vote for THAT development.)  Wouldn't be bad for an alternative to the inevitable, 2021 "Zoom Reunion".  Who wants to see a Brady-Bunch-esque grid of 9 old faces with giant nostrils when you could be 3D Avatars of your favorite Wacky Pack character waltzing around and interacting in 3d instead?