Author Topic: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1  (Read 251564 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1
« Reply #1155 on: December 25, 2020, 02:16:22 AM »
Update on the restocked Wacky Minis at Wal-Mart in Indy.  As I reported earlier today, I noticed a restock of minis at Wal-Mart in Indy that had a newer lot number on the case. I spoke with store personnel this afternoon and they confirmed that the stock that was on the shelves was just received the night before and stocked on the shelves this morning.

So I took one for the team, and I bought all of the cups they had in stock.  60 of them.  And the result of opening them all? Nothing. Not a single new mini item and no chase items. Zero on the stickers too.  In fact, on 3 of the cups, all 4 wrapped minis were the same item.  It's almost as if they were sweeping up the inventory they had left and just dumping them into cups.

If this is truly the "fifth wave", it is likely going to be a disaster.  Doesn't bode well in trying to complete sets.

Thanks for doing that on Christmas Eve.  Did you get any rare minis for your trouble?  Based on your intel; I will not purchase any new mini's at WalMart till I see wave 4 or 5 New Minis on the tops of the cups.  Maybe we finish our sets by April 1st........

Andrew
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 02:27:29 AM by DrDeal »

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #1156 on: December 25, 2020, 02:22:34 AM »
And the result of opening them all? Nothing. Not a single new mini item and no chase items.

Offline drono

« Reply #1157 on: December 25, 2020, 04:35:25 AM »
And the result of opening them all? Nothing. Not a single new mini item and no chase items.

And yet you still stood there singing Fahoo fores dahoo dores?

I'm sorry to see that so many here on the forum spent so much money on these things.  I'm in the group that lucidjc mentioned with, "Not Everybody!" I got out early.  There are two things that I hate even more than getting Wacky Packages - 1) spending a lot on one(s) that I already have, and 2) overpaying for something that's not worth the value, or to quote vahsurfer, "the juice isn't worth the squeeze." 

In 2020, we've seen a lot of that from SI and also from Topps.  Let's hope 2021 is better.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1158 on: December 25, 2020, 06:28:34 AM »
And yet you still stood there singing Fahoo fores dahoo dores?

I'm sorry to see that so many here on the forum spent so much money on these things.  I'm in the group that lucidjc mentioned with, "Not Everybody!" I got out early.  There are two things that I hate even more than getting Wacky Packages - 1) spending a lot on one(s) that I already have, and 2) overpaying for something that's not worth the value, or to quote vahsurfer, "the juice isn't worth the squeeze." 

In 2020, we've seen a lot of that from SI and also from Topps.  Let's hope 2021 is better.

I agree there is alot not to like about the Mini rollout; but I will say if I had to do it again with the same rollout I would still buy in the way I did. It was quite fun chasing these through online sources first , then Target and WalMart.   

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1159 on: December 25, 2020, 07:03:02 AM »
I agree there is alot not to like about the Mini rollout; but I will say if I had to do it again with the same rollout I would still buy in the way I did. It was quite fun chasing these through online sources first , then Target and WalMart.

Geez, I don't remember - who had them online?  FYI?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1160 on: December 25, 2020, 07:20:06 AM »
Geez, I don't remember - who had them online?  FYI?

Amazon,  Littleobessed, Toy Wiz....     That is how this started.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1161 on: December 25, 2020, 07:51:24 AM »

Amazon,  Littleobessed, Toy Wiz....     That is how this started.

Over 1,100 posts ago!!!   >(

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #1162 on: December 25, 2020, 12:17:04 PM »
Watch this Youtube video (starting about 12 minutes in) for a preview of series 2: https://youtu.be/JzfKG9cv5cA

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #1163 on: December 25, 2020, 12:47:25 PM »
Watch this Youtube video (starting about 12 minutes in) for a preview of series 2: https://youtu.be/JzfKG9cv5cA

How did she get in the good graces of SI? I'm sure there are more deserving fans on this forum...
A

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #1164 on: December 25, 2020, 01:04:55 PM »

Thank you Fred. It appears that with only a few tubs she ended up with several doubles.  Please don't be like the first series.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1165 on: December 25, 2020, 01:50:08 PM »
nice find!
who knew there was a contest for series 2? fun to watch though

• Administrator
« Reply #1166 on: December 25, 2020, 01:50:49 PM »
It appears that with only a few tubs she ended up with several doubles.  Please don't be like the first series.
Doubles - and that's with 82 different pieces now too.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1167 on: December 25, 2020, 02:48:45 PM »

Thanks for posting that video.

Andrew

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #1168 on: December 26, 2020, 12:20:39 PM »

Intriguing, how on earth did this chick get into wackys given she knows so little about them. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline quas

« Reply #1169 on: December 26, 2020, 12:23:54 PM »
Intriguing, how on earth did this chick get into wackys given she knows so little about them.

And how is it that none of us on the Forum (apparently) knew about this "contest" that she won?  Or did I miss something...
Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #1170 on: December 26, 2020, 12:49:35 PM »
Got incredibly lucky today and pulled a Jolly Mean Giant from a cup - it was the last sticker I needed.
With that, I finally have all 74 stickers from Wave 4. What a mess that Wave was!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #1171 on: December 26, 2020, 01:52:01 PM »
Got incredibly lucky today and pulled a Jolly Mean Giant from a cup - it was the last sticker I needed.
With that, I finally have all 74 stickers from Wave 4. What a mess that Wave was!

Congrats. The struggle is real.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

• Administrator
« Reply #1172 on: December 26, 2020, 01:58:40 PM »
Congrats. The struggle is real.
yes it was! ugh.
Pictures of all four waves of stickers now added into the Master List.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1173 on: December 26, 2020, 02:44:47 PM »
yes it was! ugh.
Pictures of all four waves of stickers now added into the Master List.
your list and work on this is the only reason I follow it at all and sometimes have the temptation to join the hunt again and then SI ruins it with another round of stupidity like new waves nobody can find....
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

« Reply #1174 on: December 26, 2020, 02:53:22 PM »

That was EXACTLY what I thought as I watched her botch up the video.

« Reply #1175 on: December 26, 2020, 02:56:03 PM »
your list and work on this is the only reason I follow it at all and sometimes have the temptation to join the hunt again and then SI ruins it with another round of stupidity like new waves nobody can find....

Right again. Where are Minute Mud, Jerkson’s and eBayer minis?  Where are sic and hisseys syrup stickers? No where.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1176 on: December 26, 2020, 02:59:13 PM »
Right again. Where are Minute Mud, Jerkson’s and eBayer minis?  Where are sic and hisseys syrup stickers? No where.

Guess this is supposed to be like "Where's Bandache" 47 years ago?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 03:03:19 PM by RawGoo »

Offline paste_anyplace

« Reply #1177 on: December 26, 2020, 03:29:33 PM »
And how is it that none of us on the Forum (apparently) knew about this "contest" that she won?  Or did I miss something...

I found the YouTube video because I follow Super Impulse on social media. They posted a link to the video in an Instagram story (screenshot below). The company had held a contest on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter--the idea was to post a picture to show how "Wacky" you are about the minis.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 03:31:05 PM by paste_anyplace »

Offline paste_anyplace

« Reply #1178 on: December 26, 2020, 03:37:54 PM »
I know nothing about her, but it's likely that she stumbled across them while looking for similar toys. Wackys in this mini-product toy market are actually johnny-come-latelys. Shopkins Real Littles, Mini-Brands, Grossery Gang, and others have been around for a while. I found the video a little hard to sit through, but she seems genuinely amused by the Wackys. Who knows if she would ever have encountered them in the sticker form that we love most.

Offline paste_anyplace

« Reply #1179 on: December 26, 2020, 03:44:03 PM »
nice find!
who knew there was a contest for series 2? fun to watch though
When the yellow packaging came into view in the video, I was reminded of the childhood thrill of seeing my first yellow Wacky wrapper.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1180 on: December 26, 2020, 05:57:51 PM »
When the yellow packaging came into view in the video, I was reminded of the childhood thrill of seeing my first yellow Wacky wrapper.

The yellow color is great to see. Who knows how many series will be released?
I took pics of the checklist but its pretty hard to make anything out.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1181 on: December 26, 2020, 06:03:52 PM »

Congrats!  Your binder is at peace now...

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1182 on: December 26, 2020, 06:21:31 PM »
I know nothing about her, but it's likely that she stumbled across them while looking for similar toys. Wackys in this mini-product toy market are actually johnny-come-latelys. Shopkins Real Littles, Mini-Brands, Grossery Gang, and others have been around for a while. I found the video a little hard to sit through, but she seems genuinely amused by the Wackys. Who knows if she would ever have encountered them in the sticker form that we love most.
I am amazed she submitted a video that won given she seems unware that when she runs images close up we see nothing.

Offline drono

« Reply #1183 on: December 27, 2020, 05:32:50 AM »
I am amazed she submitted a video that won given she seems unware that when she runs images close up we see nothing.

Well, Carl Yastrzemski won the 1968 AL batting title with a .301 average as the only player to hit over .290.  I guess when there's no (or very little) competition, even a VLogger who knows nothing about the product can win.  I would think anyone on here that was collecting them could've just done a fly by of all they'd purchased with the sounds of a cash register ringing up in the background to beat whatever she submitted.

You'd think she would've at least done some research on what Wacky Packages are, but that's so typical of millennials.  I just had one working for me as a contractor, and it was a real eye-opening experience on "what is college teaching these kids today that they could be so unprepared for an office environment?"  It makes me want to teach.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1184 on: December 27, 2020, 07:15:32 AM »
Well, Carl Yastrzemski won the 1968 AL batting title with a .301 average as the only player to hit over .290.  I guess when there's no (or very little) competition, even a VLogger who knows nothing about the product can win.  I would think anyone on here that was collecting them could've just done a fly by of all they'd purchased with the sounds of a cash register ringing up in the background to beat whatever she submitted.

You'd think she would've at least done some research on what Wacky Packages are, but that's so typical of millennials.  I just had one working for me as a contractor, and it was a real eye-opening experience on "what is college teaching these kids today that they could be so unprepared for an office environment?"  It makes me want to teach.
Millennials are extremely flippant.  Not sure of the source of that attitude but there is a sense of things not mattering and rolling the dice that things will magically work out for them.  Perhaps every single thing kids do these days are pre-organized run by adult events.  When I was a kid, we played our own games, picked our own teams and dealt with it head on.  When my kids' friends come over(pre covid), I refuse to organize anything for them.  They figure out the game, they make their own rules and they argue and work their way through it.  I know when they go to many of their friend's houses, the parents seem to organize everything the kids are going to do even for a play date, it is crazy!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #1185 on: December 27, 2020, 11:46:59 AM »
Millennials are extremely flippant.  Not sure of the source of that attitude but there is a sense of things not mattering and rolling the dice that things will magically work out for them.  Perhaps every single thing kids do these days are pre-organized run by adult events.  When I was a kid, we played our own games, picked our own teams and dealt with it head on.  When my kids' friends come over(pre covid), I refuse to organize anything for them.  They figure out the game, they make their own rules and they argue and work their way through it.  I know when they go to many of their friend's houses, the parents seem to organize everything the kids are going to do even for a play date, it is crazy!

TRU DAT !! my friend!! I did the same with my kids ....and their going to need to "figure it" out faster with the new covid economy going forward :-\ :-\

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #1186 on: December 28, 2020, 05:19:48 PM »
SI has no reason to change anything they're making their money and everybody is condoning their bad behavior.

I agree. If they had been straight up with info and everyone knew what to expect and when, they never would have sold so much product!

In some ways, this is a reminder of the old days; whenever we saw them, we bought them, because as kids, we never really could be sure if it was a new series (ala wave) until you bought a few packs (cups) and found out.

Their lack of transparency is a stroke of marketing genius even if it likely wasn't intentional.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1187 on: December 28, 2020, 11:41:53 PM »
I agree. If they had been straight up with info and everyone knew what to expect and when, they never would have sold so much product!

In some ways, this is a reminder of the old days; whenever we saw them, we bought them, because as kids, we never really could be sure if it was a new series (ala wave) until you bought a few packs (cups) and found out.

Their lack of transparency is a stroke of marketing genius even if it likely wasn't intentional.

At least the original Wackys didn't have different "waves" within a series.  And, sometimes we could tell if packs were (or might be) a new series by the wrapper color or the label on the box.

Is SI's marketing consistent with other lines of minis, such as Mini Brands?

Offline drono

« Reply #1188 on: December 29, 2020, 06:30:13 AM »
sometimes we could tell if packs were (or might be) a new series by the wrapper color or the label on the box.

I don't remember being that savvy as a kid.  The 7-11 where I bought most of mine was just under a mile away but on a major road, so riding my bike there wasn't an option.  I don't remember being able to talk my mom or dad into taking daily trips looking for them; maybe we went once a week.  I would typically find out from my friends at school what series was out.  Times were certainly much different in 1973-74.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #1189 on: December 29, 2020, 06:48:57 AM »
My Walmarts here still only have wave 4, and the Targets have nothing.  What does Super Impulse say about that?

anything