Author Topic: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1  (Read 251542 times)

Offline Zenergizer

Re: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1
« Reply #1085 on: December 14, 2020, 02:59:58 PM »
I'm fine with that information, Walmart should have the last three, and maybe Target will have them, too, who knows?

As long as they're available.

As a Marketing Major, I must say this first series has been a mess.  It just feels like that Super Impulse, with all due respect,
had no distributional plans at first, or had plans that got easily switched around WAY too much, and there are many of us
who really love the product and got a bit of a sour taste in our mouths because of all this confusion and difficult getting them.

Maybe the confusion all got started with the Aunt Jemima issue, not sure?  And they had to scramble around too much to
correct it?

If they do another series, and I hope they do, please stop torturing us, please them in one or two phases at the maximum.
If you want to have a few titles tougher than others, fine, but don't turn us off completely.

Just my two drachmas....

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1086 on: December 14, 2020, 03:25:16 PM »
I'm fine with that information, Walmart should have the last three, and maybe Target will have them, too, who knows?

As long as they're available.

As a Marketing Major, I must say this first series has been a mess.  It just feels like that Super Impulse, with all due respect,
had no distributional plans at first, or had plans that got easily switched around WAY too much, and there are many of us
who really love the product and got a bit of a sour taste in our mouths because of all this confusion and difficult getting them.

Maybe the confusion all got started with the Aunt Jemima issue, not sure?  And they had to scramble around too much to
correct it?

If they do another series, and I hope they do, please stop torturing us, please them in one or two phases at the maximum.
If you want to have a few titles tougher than others, fine, but don't turn us off completely.

Just my two drachmas....

I wholeheartedly agree with your two drachmas!!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1087 on: December 14, 2020, 03:46:28 PM »
so maybe I grabbed some good cups, it had about 6 cups left. I won't know what I got until girls open at xmas.  I guess I can kill the Wolfman pack as that was for me.  Why are wolfmen selling for over $10 on ebay?

I haven't paid attention to the price of these much on ebay.  That is very strange about Wolfmen.  It is one of my favorite titles, for sure my favorite of the New Skool titles.  But it doesn't seem inordinately rare, so maybe people just like it.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1088 on: December 15, 2020, 02:24:43 PM »
I haven't paid attention to the price of these much on ebay.  That is very strange about Wolfmen.  It is one of my favorite titles, for sure my favorite of the New Skool titles.  But it doesn't seem inordinately rare, so maybe people just like it.

Wolfman is only at Target which is not highly stocked so it will go for coin for a bit longer. Once WalMart gets their restock all the Target titles will drop, unless some of them are Target exclusives which has not been stated.  Supposedly some titles are WalMart Exclusives.  Not sure which.   

So far no action at WalMarts. I checked two stores today and no Minis at all.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #1089 on: December 15, 2020, 02:52:51 PM »
Checked Walmarts here in Nebraska, they have been re-stocked. I scored another Exceedrin, no sign of next wave they may have them but waiting for the overstock to sell off. Each place I left 20 plus.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1090 on: December 15, 2020, 06:04:18 PM »
Checked Walmarts here in Nebraska, they have been re-stocked. I scored another Exceedrin, no sign of next wave they may have them but waiting for the overstock to sell off. Each place I left 20 plus.

Just to be clear, when you say they have been re-stocked but no sign of the next wave, wouldn't the restock be the next wave?  I mean, they've been at Walmart for, what, a month or so?  Did they get restocked with the wave from that month or so ago? 

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #1091 on: December 16, 2020, 04:09:29 PM »
I was able to get a case of the new Target Release yesterday (had 22 of the 24 cups) Filled a TON of missing minis, but still missing some.... grrrrrrrr

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1092 on: December 16, 2020, 06:24:48 PM »
So...what is everyone doing with all their empty cups?  I have plenty.  Can't quite bring myself to throw them out just yet.  But they don't stack quite as small as I would have liked.

Offline quas

« Reply #1093 on: December 16, 2020, 06:38:43 PM »
So...what is everyone doing with all their empty cups?  I have plenty.  Can't quite bring myself to throw them out just yet.  But they don't stack quite as small as I would have liked.

I made a stack 50 cups high.
Marc

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #1094 on: December 16, 2020, 07:22:27 PM »
Large Shot Glasses for when you add up the receipts for what you spent and still not a complete set!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1095 on: December 17, 2020, 02:08:58 AM »
I recently tossed all my empty packs , boxes, wrappers, Etc; mainly in order to not have my spouse see exactly how much of this product has entered our home. It is amazing the amount of packaging that is used on this product.  Almost criminal.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #1096 on: December 17, 2020, 03:22:11 AM »
  Almost criminal.

I think the way they rolled this out is criminal. This series is dead to me.

Jim

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #1097 on: December 17, 2020, 02:15:52 PM »
Large Shot Glasses for when you add up the receipts for what you spent and still not a complete set!

Richard
#StayWacky
Now THAT my friend is BRILLIANT :)

Pouring one now..........Cheers

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #1098 on: December 17, 2020, 06:10:13 PM »
Cheers AB!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1099 on: December 18, 2020, 03:18:25 AM »
My current thinking on the stickers is that the last wave (5) which may hit WalMart soon will have some more stickers including repeats of what was in the Target Wave 4 release. We have no way of really knowing at this point what the final sticker list will be. We are at 122 at present with no Sic Pens and Hissey's Syrup Stickers yet. It will be interesting to see where we end up. Maybe 175 stickers?  Super Impulse asserts that they have shipped the last wave to WalMart and now have no control over when they will hit WalMart stores. WalMart may still have inventory of Wave 3 to get through before they ship out Wave 5. I will try to speak to someone in a WalMart and have them run the SKU # to check how much inventory is currently in their wharehouse. It may be awhile before we see the last wave hit WalMart Checklanes.  Maybe someone reports today that the last wave has just hit in Nebraska. Anything can happen with this set.    :-\

Andrew
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 03:24:14 AM by DrDeal »

Offline drono

« Reply #1100 on: December 18, 2020, 03:33:54 AM »
My current thinking on the stickers is that the last wave (5) which may hit WalMart soon will have some more stickers including repeats of what was in the Target Wave 4 release.

This is starting to sound like the way sports cards were released before 1974 - in series.  The difference was that the checklist would only list 1-132 for series 1, then 133-264 for series 2, etc.  You didn't know what was in the next release, but the new checklist always let you know. 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1101 on: December 19, 2020, 03:16:58 AM »
I was in a  Target yesterday and saw a new case with 8 cups missing. All the cups with the new titles had been purchased. I left the 16 cups behind as I only need two stickers and its not worth $100 to me to attempt to pull them out of packs. That was the first time I saw newer packs and left them. It was not easy.

Offline drono

« Reply #1102 on: December 19, 2020, 04:04:03 AM »
That was the first time I saw newer packs and left them. It was not easy.

The first step to recovery is admitting your problem.  There's a hotline that will give you more help:
1-922-596-4647.  If you're having trouble remembering the number, just dial 1-WAC-KYM-INIS.

I'll be happy to be your sponsor.  I'm at step 12 finally, having had a spiritual awakening and wanting to spread the WMA message.  You should package up all your minis and mini stickers and send them to me.  The quicker you rid yourself of the things that are causing your addiction, the quicker you can recover.  Just PM me, and I'll send you my address.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 04:11:54 AM by drono »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1103 on: December 19, 2020, 05:07:30 AM »
The first step to recovery is admitting your problem.  There's a hotline that will give you more help:
1-922-596-4647.  If you're having trouble remembering the number, just dial 1-WAC-KYM-INIS.

I'll be happy to be your sponsor.  I'm at step 12 finally, having had a spiritual awakening and wanting to spread the WMA message.  You should package up all your minis and mini stickers and send them to me.  The quicker you rid yourself of the things that are causing your addiction, the quicker you can recover.  Just PM me, and I'll send you my address.

Part of my therapy has been selling off most of my dupes for minis and stickers at prices that hopefully pull the market prices down. I am sure other sellers hate that I do that, but it has had some impact on the market. Every tike I sell 24 mini's for $5 or a sticker for $2, that helps to drag down sale prices. Time will tell.
At this point I have one set of mini's and stcikers and that's it. Just a few dupes scattered around my house. 

Offline Tie Boot Tea

« Reply #1104 on: December 19, 2020, 08:11:36 AM »
Part of my therapy has been selling off most of my dupes for minis and stickers at prices that hopefully pull the market prices down. I am sure other sellers hate that I do that, but it has had some impact on the market. Every tike I sell 24 mini's for $5 or a sticker for $2, that helps to drag down sale prices. Time will tell.

Whether by design or incompetence, SI has drive up prices in the secondary/eBay market with its staggered issuance of this series.  They're creating temporary scarcities in minis and stickers that is temporarily driving up prices.  Right now, the scarcity is with the Wave 4/Target OS stickers.  There is probably a dozen of us that are driving up these prices on eBay and it will keep happening until we see enough of these stickers to satisfy this hardcore dozen and then the prices will go down again.  Not enough people are holding back on the bidding on eBay because no one trusts that SI will eventually get around to issuing enough of the stickers to satisfy all of us - even though, so far, they eventually get around to doing it (e.g., remember the person who paid $700 for 50 black border stickers - only to see, within a week or two, most of those black border stickers sell for half of that price).

What's unfair to everyone (including Target and Walmart) is that this issuance is actually not a single series, but so far five separate series - without any label indicating which series is contained in any container.  Rather, by rumor and forum posts, people are determining where to buy from or not buy from, obviously leaving some sellers with excess stock and others a shortage.  In the end, all of us will probably get our Wacky fix satisfied, but will likely leave more than a few vendors with unwanted stock, which will not bode well for vendors in making decisions to carry Series 2.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1105 on: December 19, 2020, 11:39:48 AM »
They're creating temporary scarcities in minis and stickers that is temporarily driving up prices.  Right now, the scarcity is with the Wave 4/Target OS stickers.  There is probably a dozen of us that are driving up these prices on eBay and it will keep happening until we see enough of these stickers to satisfy this hardcore dozen and then the prices will go down again.  Not enough people are holding back on the bidding on eBay because no one trusts that SI will eventually get around to issuing enough of the stickers to satisfy all of us - even though, so far, they eventually get around to doing it (e.g., remember the person who paid $700 for 50 black border stickers - only to see, within a week or two, most of those black border stickers sell for half of that price).

I am trying not to bid up the sticker auctions. Hoping for a good buy it now price on the two titles I need.  You never know.  These are not chase stickers so why pay a ton for them? I can wait 6 weeks to get them. I also think Wave 5 at WalMart will change things again.   The Wave 4 Minis and stickers will be worthless and the Wave 5 last two minis and stickers will command coin for a bit.
Andrew

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #1106 on: December 19, 2020, 02:40:01 PM »

:]

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #1107 on: December 20, 2020, 09:10:21 AM »
...selling off most of my dupes for minis and stickers at prices that hopefully pull the market prices down. I am sure other sellers hate that I do that, but it has had some impact on the market. 
Anyone who wants to sell me those for $20 each please advise........

:-\  ;D sorry, couldn't resist commenting on the unintended contradiction  >:D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 09:12:18 AM by cmgmd »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #1108 on: December 20, 2020, 10:48:12 AM »
How many waves have been made so far and what're the details about them? I've lost track, to tell you the truth.

I say this because the Spreadsheet's Note about them hasn't been updated since Wave 1 and I think Patrick might need the information to do so.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #1109 on: December 20, 2020, 11:53:41 AM »
How many waves have been made so far and what're the details about them? I've lost track, to tell you the truth.

I say this because the Spreadsheet's Note about them hasn't been updated since Wave 1 and I think Patrick might need the information to do so.

Patrick does have it all documented here:  http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=5862.0
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline mikecho

« Reply #1110 on: December 20, 2020, 06:54:39 PM »
Patrick does have it all documented here:  http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=5862.0
Thanks! So, four waves so far.

And now I see there's a fifth one, too.

Oh, btw, I was referring to the Master Spreadsheet; the Note for the Minis in it hasn't been updated beyond Wave 1.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 04:35:31 PM by mikecho »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1111 on: December 22, 2020, 06:09:45 AM »
Hit a Walmart this morning that had received Mini's when they first hit WalMart. They had about 25 cups in some of the check lanes. I found the Lead Front End person and had her scan a cup. It said 127 on hand. I asked here to check in back for new cases. She came out 15 minutes later with 8 cases which is 16 6 cup boxes. All the boxes had a 11/4/2020 date on them; so they have been sitting in the back for 6 weeks. No new stock yet. But still a victory to get it scanned and then to get product pulled out of the back.  I PM'ed SI through Facebook Messenger today as they have communicated with me through that modality. I let them know zero WalMarts have Wave 5 product and asked if the last wave will have the two missing stickers (Blood Sic and Hissey's) that have not surfaced thus far. I also asked them to detail how many new stickers will be in the last wave and how many will there be in total as we are up to 122 at present. I will share any reply I receive.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1112 on: December 22, 2020, 07:25:14 AM »
Hit a Walmart this morning that had received Mini's when they first hit WalMart. They had about 25 cups in some of the check lanes. I found the Lead Front End person and had her scan a cup. It said 127 on hand. I asked here to check in back for new cases. She came out 15 minutes later with 8 cases which is 16 6 cup boxes. All the boxes had a 11/4/2020 date on them; so they have been sitting in the back for 6 weeks. No new stock yet. But still a victory to get it scanned and then to get product pulled out of the back.  I PM'ed SI through Facebook Messenger today as they have communicated with me through that modality. I let them know zero WalMarts have Wave 5 product and asked if the last wave will have the two missing stickers (Blood Sic and Hissey's) that have not surfaced thus far. I also asked them to detail how many new stickers will be in the last wave and how many will there be in total as we are up to 122 at present. I will share any reply I receive.

So, just to be clear, are the 11/4/20 dated cases wave 4 or 5?  If wave 5, did you buy any?  I'm guessing they were wave 4 and you didn't, but just want to clarify.  Thanks!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1113 on: December 22, 2020, 08:03:46 AM »
So, just to be clear, are the 11/4/20 dated cases wave 4 or 5?  If wave 5, did you buy any?  I'm guessing they were wave 4 and you didn't, but just want to clarify.  Thanks!

Wave 4.  I purchased zero.  I heard back from SI. They reiterated that ALL of the Series is now out at WalMart and if my store does not have it; try another one. No info about stickers was provided.  No surprise here ; but hope springs eternal.....

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #1114 on: December 22, 2020, 08:58:21 AM »
Wave 4.  I purchased zero.  I heard back from SI. They reiterated that ALL of the Series is now out at WalMart and if my store does not have it; try another one. No info about stickers was provided.  No surprise here ; but hope springs eternal.....
  Maybe I lose hope to easy, but this does more than sour things, I was really getting to love these and now this news. I keep seeing the same restock at the Walmart's here too all wave 4 even the Targets are restocked. I can't see how with all these leftovers that we should expect to see another series;  I feel ripped off.   Matt.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1115 on: December 22, 2020, 10:01:40 AM »
  Maybe I lose hope to easy, but this does more than sour things, I was really getting to love these and now this news. I keep seeing the same restock at the Walmart's here too all wave 4 even the Targets are restocked. I can't see how with all these leftovers that we should expect to see another series;  I feel ripped off.   Matt.

WalMart has the wave 5 product. It could ship out sooner than later. Many stores have sold through their product. No way to know when they will push it out; but retailers tend not to sit on inventory; especially at year end. Don't lose hope.   I guess we have something to look for in the new year.......

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #1116 on: December 22, 2020, 10:47:41 AM »

So only the case box that stored the cups have dates on them? I haven't hit a Walmart yet, but did go to a large Target and there was no cups available. The card section in general is half the size it used to be -
A

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1117 on: December 22, 2020, 11:01:41 AM »
So only the case box that stored the cups have dates on them? I haven't hit a Walmart yet, but did go to a large Target and there was no cups available. The card section in general is half the size it used to be -
A

When the stores receives the cases with two 6 cup boxes in them; there is a shipping sticker put on the box that gives the date the product was shipped to the store.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1118 on: December 22, 2020, 04:09:50 PM »
I also asked them to detail how many new stickers will be in the last wave and how many will there be in total as we are up to 122 at present. I will share any reply I receive.
stopped by a Walmart and it was almost completely gutted of minis, just empty trays in most aisles, with a few cups in just one of them.
Actually, I hope they don't restock until after the holidays, as it'll cut down on the crowds when looking for these.

With the stickers, outside of the missing two, I'm not expecting any more new ones. I think they've always said a sticker for every mini, plus 10 others, and that's what we've seen so far. Maybe one of the few things that they've said that's actually held true. Unless they go changing border colors or something again.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1119 on: December 22, 2020, 05:53:51 PM »
I went to a large Walmart near me today and asked the woman at the customer service desk if they had any cups.  I gave her an empty cup to scan the barcode.  She said she had never seen them (not too surprising in such a large store), but said they didn't carry them.  Strange as others in the area have had them, but so it goes.