Author Topic: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1  (Read 251747 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1
« Reply #1050 on: December 09, 2020, 08:18:14 PM »
from the SI ad that plays on the FB Wacky Packages page.

"Need it" is right. So where is it, SI? Huh?

Online DrDeal

« Reply #1051 on: December 10, 2020, 03:23:11 AM »
from the SI ad that plays on the FB Wacky Packages page.

"Need it" is right. So where is it, SI? Huh?

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice video. Looks like Wave 5 is coming to WalMart. Keep your eyes open.

Andrew

Offline Tie Boot Tea

« Reply #1052 on: December 10, 2020, 07:53:47 AM »
Does anyone have any of the Wave 4 stickers for trade or sale?  I need almost all of them.

• Administrator
« Reply #1053 on: December 10, 2020, 08:54:22 AM »
Nice video. Looks like Wave 5 is coming to WalMart. Keep your eyes open.

Andrew
I think this is an old ad
I wouldn’t take that to mean another wave at Walmart
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 08:55:57 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Online DrDeal

« Reply #1054 on: December 10, 2020, 09:26:26 AM »
Does anyone have any of the Wave 4 stickers for trade or sale?  I need almost all of them.

I have Boredom's Ghoul Scouts and Crypts Ahoy if you need those.

Andrew

Online DrDeal

« Reply #1055 on: December 10, 2020, 09:27:50 AM »
I think this is an old ad
I wouldn’t take that to mean another wave at Walmart

Why do think its an old ad?  It would make sense for WalMarts to get a restock with more titles. I have it a number this week and nothing new there.

Andrew

« Reply #1056 on: December 10, 2020, 10:21:57 AM »
Info was on the site and is now gone. Here is the screen shot I took in Nov.  No replies from SI. Maybe they had a End Of Year Reorg like so many companies. My son works for Exxon and they just laid off 2000 people last week. He made the cut, but lost some Co-Workers. Hopefully SI replies shortly.

If you go to the SI website and click on the minis then click on “learn more”. You will see every mini in series 1 then a preview of series 2. I did it on my iPhone.

Online DrDeal

« Reply #1057 on: December 10, 2020, 11:35:29 AM »
Interesting. Buy now on Amazon is next to the Series 2 images.

Online DrDeal

« Reply #1058 on: December 11, 2020, 03:43:09 AM »
I am concentrating on WalMart now and will report back if I find new assortments.

Andrew

• Administrator
« Reply #1059 on: December 11, 2020, 07:10:36 AM »
Why do think its an old ad?  It would make sense for WalMarts to get a restock with more titles. I have it a number this week and nothing new there.

Andrew
Pretty sure I saw this posted a month or more ago. Back during the wave 3 rollout

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #1060 on: December 11, 2020, 10:32:35 AM »
Just to add my two cents to this: I decided to go out and check my local Five Below and Hot Topic stores to see what I could find, as SI's site indicates they're part of the retail chains. Five Below had nothing (and probably never did) and Hot Topic had 4 cups which all appeared to me to be wave 1. There was no display at all, just the 4 cups scattered about on a shelf. Oh, and they were marked $7.90 each!

Online DrDeal

« Reply #1061 on: December 11, 2020, 06:04:32 PM »
Checked a few Walmarts today that had stocked the minis. One had 5 cups left  and the other had 35. No restocks yet......  And radio silnce from SI.

I think we know how this will go....   Collect all 66!  .........  (63)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #1062 on: December 11, 2020, 07:42:11 PM »
Checked a few Walmarts today that had stocked the minis. One had 5 cups left  and the other had 35. No restocks yet......  And radio silnce from SI.

I think we know how this will go....   Collect all 66!  .........  (63)

I checked one of our two Walmart’s today. Doesn’t appear they have restocked but they had all lanes but three opened  :o. So that’s all I could check.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Online DrDeal

« Reply #1063 on: December 12, 2020, 03:11:41 AM »
I checked one of our two Walmart’s today. Doesn’t appear they have restocked but they had all lanes but three opened  :o. So that’s all I could check.

The busy check lanes have been challenging concerning these mini's. Grabbing the 6 packs from busy lanes is not easy. People will allow you to squeeze in to grab an item ; but corona makes that a dicey proposition. 

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1064 on: December 12, 2020, 10:50:02 AM »
I'm not sure if everyone will be able to read this (unless they have a Facebook account), but here's an exchange from SI about the Minis:
https://www.facebook.com/115445391978822/videos/3577345042319770

SI seems convinced all 66 are available at Walmart now.  Not sure I agree with them.

Online DrDeal

« Reply #1065 on: December 12, 2020, 12:08:59 PM »
I'm not sure if everyone will be able to read this (unless they have a Facebook account), but here's an exchange from SI about the Minis:
https://www.facebook.com/115445391978822/videos/3577345042319770

SI seems convinced all 66 are available at Walmart now.  Not sure I agree with them.

They replied to my question and told me to DM them. I DM'ed them and told them I have dropped $$$ on these and why don't they just mail me the last three minis.  ;)

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #1066 on: December 12, 2020, 12:12:12 PM »
They replied to my question and told me to DM them. I DM'ed them and told them I have dropped $$$ on these and why don't they just mail me the last three minis.  ;)
  I am completely 100% sure that they loved that idea. Winky wink.

Offline toddbarrett

« Reply #1067 on: December 12, 2020, 01:29:00 PM »
I know some have soured on how this product was rolled out (I also am frustrated and dismayed at times) but this series reminds me VERY much of the original sticker series when I was a kid. I remember a kid coming to school with new wackies that I haven't seen before. All my friends wanted to know where he got them, would he trade for the ones he had. I remember offering many of my, I think Kong Fu, for one of the ones he had that I didn't have. He said, "I also have 5 Kong Fus, why would I want more!"

This series mini reminds me of that time. Know one really knows what is happening, or when news one will come out and where. We all have several of the 1st wave, and can't find any way to sell or trade them.

I have been stuffing the first wave pieces into my family members Christmas gift boxes like stocking stuffers just to get rid of them!

Todd B.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #1068 on: December 12, 2020, 01:40:43 PM »
...this series reminds me VERY much of the original sticker series when I was a kid.
I would have to respectfully disagree. At least with the OS stickers, you could go to the five-and-dime store or ice cream guy or somewhere that you knew had them and find/buy some...and have a reasonable chance of getting the whole set. With this horror show, that has (purposely) never been the case.

Offline toddbarrett

« Reply #1069 on: December 12, 2020, 02:18:47 PM »
I would have to respectfully disagree. At least with the OS stickers, you could go to the five-and-dime store or ice cream guy or somewhere that you knew had them and find/buy some...and have a reasonable chance of getting the whole set. With this horror show, that has (purposely) never been the case.
I was referring a bit more to the mystery and unknown back then (and what we are seeing now). When this kid had new wackies (I'm pretty sure it was from a new series), for me it was a rush to find them. My dad wouldn't drive me to the store he got them at. So I would go back to my corner pharmacy that I got my wackies from and they would still have the same old ones. It is still a little fuzzy trying to remember, but I think I would buy what was on their display hoping new ones would be in there, but still getting the series that I already had.

It reminds me of logging onto this forum, seeing that others had found new mini's (say at Target) and wanting to rush over to get the new ones for myself. Thankfully, I have a drivers license and a car and don't have to rely on my dad! :-)

Offline Tie Boot Tea

« Reply #1070 on: December 12, 2020, 05:02:54 PM »
I was referring a bit more to the mystery and unknown back then (and what we are seeing now). When this kid had new wackies (I'm pretty sure it was from a new series), for me it was a rush to find them. My dad wouldn't drive me to the store he got them at. So I would go back to my corner pharmacy that I got my wackies from and they would still have the same old ones. It is still a little fuzzy trying to remember, but I think I would buy what was on their display hoping new ones would be in there, but still getting the series that I already had.

It reminds me of logging onto this forum, seeing that others had found new mini's (say at Target) and wanting to rush over to get the new ones for myself. Thankfully, I have a drivers license and a car and don't have to rely on my dad! :-)

Yeah, I get that.  I remember being a kid and the confusion at the end of a series run.  Sometimes Topps would start selling the same series in a different color wrapper and a box that would only say "Brand New Series" - so I would spend my allowance thinking it was a brand new series, but it was the same damn one that I already had all of the stickers.  Arggh!  I felt ripped off - like when you ordered those Roman Army soldiers from a comic book and they were the size of a fingernail.

Online DrDeal

« Reply #1071 on: December 12, 2020, 05:06:27 PM »
I know some have soured on how this product was rolled out (I also am frustrated and dismayed at times) but this series reminds me VERY much of the original sticker series when I was a kid. I remember a kid coming to school with new wackies that I haven't seen before. All my friends wanted to know where he got them, would he trade for the ones he had. I remember offering many of my, I think Kong Fu, for one of the ones he had that I didn't have. He said, "I also have 5 Kong Fus, why would I want more!"

This series mini reminds me of that time. Know one really knows what is happening, or when news one will come out and where. We all have several of the 1st wave, and can't find any way to sell or trade them.

I have been stuffing the first wave pieces into my family members Christmas gift boxes like stocking stuffers just to get rid of them!

I just sold 179 mostly 1st wave mini's for $25 on the bay. The box weighed two pounds. Someone is happy.

Todd B.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1072 on: December 12, 2020, 08:53:46 PM »
So I had an interesting visit to Target today regarding the minis.  I went to a Target I had been to earlier this week looking for minis and, on that earlier visit, they had none (at least in the trading card section; I didn't look elsewhere).  Because tonight I had to go to the back of the store, I first checked the trading card section (they had none, but wasn't expecting to find any).  I then stopped in the toy section out of curiosity.  Sure enough, there they were.  Has anyone else found them in the toy aisle?  A couple interesting things, though.

1.  They had both the two display boxes, Rotz and Ratz.  Despite buying many cups, I didn't have a 24 cup box.  I loaded all the ones from the Ratz box into the nearly empty Rotz box and was able to get the box when I bought a handful of cups.

2.  They had four of the two-packs at Target.  At all the Targets I've been to, I had not seen them before.  I bought one (with Crypts Ahoy,  a mini I still had yet to get).  Has anyone else seen the two-packs at Target?  Is it possible these are new?  I have not yet opened any of the cups I bought.

I suppose this isn't really interesting, but has anyone tried to change out the 6 minis on display in the 24 count box?  I'd like to put all Old School titles in it, but don't want to ruin the box.

• Administrator
« Reply #1073 on: December 12, 2020, 10:04:22 PM »
Has anyone else found them in the toy aisle?

2.  Has anyone else seen the two-packs at Target?  Is it possible these are new?  I have not yet opened any of the cups I bought.

I suppose this isn't really interesting, but has anyone tried to change out the 6 minis on display in the 24 count box?  I'd like to put all Old School titles in it, but don't want to ruin the box.
I have been checking out the Target toy section fairly often, as they do carry other SI items back there, but I haven’t seen Wackys there before. Hot wheels and other stuff though.

When I was out looking for the wave 4 cups a few weeks back, I did spot the 2-cup packs at one of the Targets I checked. They appeared to just be Wave 2 packs by looking at the titles on top. I recall others spotting them during the summer.

I haven’t seriously tried to open the display panel. My initial exam looked like it would be destructive to attempt. Let us know how it goes!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1074 on: December 13, 2020, 12:54:27 AM »

I haven’t seriously tried to open the display panel. My initial exam looked like it would be destructive to attempt. Let us know how it goes!

I have a box that was crushed during shipping which is perfect for this experiment.  I'll give it a try later and report back.

Online DrDeal

« Reply #1075 on: December 13, 2020, 03:48:13 AM »
Quote:
"2.  They had four of the two-packs at Target.  At all the Targets I've been to, I had not seen them before.  I bought one (with Crypts Ahoy,  a mini I still had yet to get).  Has anyone else seen the two-packs at Target?  Is it possible these are new?  I have not yet opened any of the cups I bought."

I saw the two packs at one target and they looked to be old titles from Wave 2. That is a good angle though. I would not be surprised to learn the only way to finish the run is to have to buy a bunch of two packs.

Andrew
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 04:25:24 AM by DrDeal »

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #1076 on: December 13, 2020, 04:15:12 AM »
So I had an interesting visit to Target today regarding the minis.  I went to a Target I had been to earlier this week looking for minis and, on that earlier visit, they had none (at least in the trading card section; I didn't look elsewhere).  Because tonight I had to go to the back of the store, I first checked the trading card section (they had none, but wasn't expecting to find any).  I then stopped in the toy section out of curiosity.  Sure enough, there they were.  Has anyone else found them in the toy aisle?  A couple interesting things, though.

1.  They had both the two display boxes, Rotz and Ratz.  Despite buying many cups, I didn't have a 24 cup box.  I loaded all the ones from the Ratz box into the nearly empty Rotz box and was able to get the box when I bought a handful of cups.

2.  They had four of the two-packs at Target.  At all the Targets I've been to, I had not seen them before.  I bought one (with Crypts Ahoy,  a mini I still had yet to get).  Has anyone else seen the two-packs at Target?  Is it possible these are new?  I have not yet opened any of the cups I bought.

Thats an interesting idea. I think a display box with all old school titles would be awesome. I may have to try this as well.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1077 on: December 13, 2020, 06:43:08 AM »
I have a box that was crushed during shipping which is perfect for this experiment.  I'll give it a try later and report back.

Thanks!  I was reluctant to try given that it's the only box I have and likely the only one I'll get.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1078 on: December 13, 2020, 06:47:22 AM »
Quote:

I saw the two packs at one target and they looked to be old titles from Wave 2. That is a good angle though. I would not be surprised to learn the only way to finish the run is to have to buy a bunch of two packs.

Andrew

I still don't have Gadzooka, a great title that was only in wave two.  I don't think I'll buy any more of these two-packs, but hoping to get a Gadzooka in one of the cups.  I have to say I'm surprised that Target got any of these two-packs but I'm glad they did.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #1079 on: December 13, 2020, 05:45:08 PM »

My local Target finally had the display boxes and so I grabbed these three mainly because I hadn't seen Wolfman in my target before and my girls would like putrid and dr. Pepper and their barbie collection.  Should I expect anything good in these.  They're each going to get one in their stocking.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #1080 on: December 13, 2020, 05:55:06 PM »

My local Target finally had the display boxes and so I grabbed these three mainly because I hadn't seen Wolfman in my target before and my girls would like putrid and dr. Pepper and their barbie collection.  Should I expect anything good in these.  They're each going to get one in their stocking.

I got a Jail-O in my Dr Pooper one from Target.  Maybe you can give one of your girls a Barbie outfit or something and keep that one for yourself ;)  Let us know if you get one.  I think Sco(o)t found one in the DP cup as well.

Online DrDeal

« Reply #1081 on: December 14, 2020, 03:10:12 AM »
I am down to just needing Demented and Mrs Kleen from Target with no Black Border to be up to date on released stickers (122). I had asked the Ebay seller who keeps selling large lots of stickers to keep me in mind if he found those. He PM's me yesterday to advise me that he found those two titles and then refuses to sell me them at $15 each and then at $20 each. He then lists them in a lot of 17 stickers and I quickly get outbid. Anyone who wants to sell me those for $20 each please advise........

« Reply #1082 on: December 14, 2020, 10:22:17 AM »
I wrote to SI and got a response. They told me Minute Mud and eBayer are Walmart exclusives along with the much rarer Jerksons. If they are currently out of stock they should be in soon.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #1083 on: December 14, 2020, 01:58:31 PM »
I got a Jail-O in my Dr Pooper one from Target.  Maybe you can give one of your girls a Barbie outfit or something and keep that one for yourself ;)  Let us know if you get one.  I think Sco(o)t found one in the DP cup as well.
so maybe I grabbed some good cups, it had about 6 cups left. I won't know what I got until girls open at xmas.  I guess I can kill the Wolfman pack as that was for me.  Why are wolfmen selling for over $10 on ebay?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Online DrDeal

« Reply #1084 on: December 14, 2020, 02:07:43 PM »
I wrote to SI and got a response. They told me Minute Mud and eBayer are Walmart exclusives along with the much rarer Jerksons. If they are currently out of stock they should be in soon.
Great intel. They told me WalMart should have them, but did not say they were exclusive to Wally.   Time will tell.

anything