Author Topic: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1  (Read 251757 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1
« Reply #1015 on: December 05, 2020, 05:38:58 AM »
*I think the red-line/no red-line thing bothers me as much as anything in this set.  I'm way too OCD to want to have some of my stickers have a red line and some not.  Just bothers me.  I'm not trying for a full set (at least at this point), but I would like all my stickers to have a consistent look.
[/quote]

When you display the stickers in 20 pocket stamp collecting pages you do not see the Redline No Redline difference if you store them in chronological order.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1016 on: December 05, 2020, 06:34:49 AM »
*I think the red-line/no red-line thing bothers me as much as anything in this set.  I'm way too OCD to want to have some of my stickers have a red line and some not.  Just bothers me.  I'm not trying for a full set (at least at this point), but I would like all my stickers to have a consistent look.

When you display the stickers in 20 pocket stamp collecting pages you do not see the Redline No Redline difference if you store them in chronological order.

Andrew

Since there is no single definitive "Checklist" I'd be inclined to store them in alphabetical order, maybe separated by Old and New titles.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #1017 on: December 05, 2020, 09:18:57 AM »
Visual of what is out so far.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #1018 on: December 05, 2020, 09:42:36 AM »
I counter 63, we're still missing 3 others?  Yikes!

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #1019 on: December 05, 2020, 10:06:52 AM »
   Yep 63, so at least one more final wave.....or two........three.  Who knows at this point.  LOL.  It's getting dumb.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1020 on: December 05, 2020, 10:10:54 AM »
I counter 63, we're still missing 3 others?  Yikes!
and not even Super Impulse knows where the missing pieces are!!  j/k ;) 

they truly have been the worst with this Series 1 release, imo.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #1021 on: December 05, 2020, 11:21:00 AM »
and not even Super Impulse knows where the missing pieces are!!  j/k ;) 

they truly have been the worst with this Series 1 release, imo.

I have three guesses: 1) We won't see anymore series 1 released, and 2nd series will be released before X-mas. 2) SI releases another wave containing the remaining missing plus more different stickers. 3) 2nd series is released to public with no explanation as to the missing product from series 1 and possibly adds that product to their 2nd series and does what they did with 1st series checklist stickers and just toss them out there.  Basically at this point I believe anything is possible with SI... It is still 2020 you know?

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #1022 on: December 05, 2020, 05:18:07 PM »
Visual of what is out so far.

Very nice! Just 3 more to go.  :great: Maybe.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #1023 on: December 06, 2020, 07:14:56 AM »
Three targets in Virginia Beach - One Def a SUPER T! - Nothing Wacky - Still!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRR - Where is wave 3!!!???!!!??!?

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1024 on: December 06, 2020, 09:34:23 AM »
Three targets in Virginia Beach - One Def a SUPER T! - Nothing Wacky - Still!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRR - Where is wave 3!!!???!!!??!?

Richard
#StayWacky

Four Targets in Allentown PA area this morning. ZERO wacky's. Maybe alot more Targets will get them this coming week.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 01:39:20 PM by DrDeal »

Online crackedjerk

« Reply #1025 on: December 06, 2020, 06:41:41 PM »
Opened some of my Target tubs I bought yesterday and got a Jail-O in a tub with Dr Pooper on top.  Has anyone else gotten Jail-O from this wave and recall what tub it was in?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #1026 on: December 06, 2020, 06:54:37 PM »
Opened some of my Target tubs I bought yesterday and got a Jail-O in a tub with Dr Pooper on top.  Has anyone else gotten Jail-O from this wave and recall what tub it was in?

I did. Same topper as you.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1027 on: December 07, 2020, 02:54:58 AM »
Here is the email I just sent my Super Impulse Contact. No reply on the last two emails. Hopefully this one will spur some info:

Still looking for info on Wackys. Please take a minute and provide some info for your Wacky fans.   :)

Where will will be able to buy the last three Minis?

Will there be stickers for all the mini's? Two Mini titles have not surfaced as stickers as of yet.

When will WalMart and Target restock?  All stores are empty right now.

It seems like only 1 in 4 Targets got Mini's this last round. Is that correct? 

And about half the Walmarts got any Minis.  Is that correct?

How many stickers will there be in total? We have 122 released so far that have been found.  Wave 1 and 2 had Red Borders around
the sticker image, so we count those as unique and buy them again when they come out with no black background.

Will there be an Amazon exclusive release to finish off the set? Meaning will the last 3 Mini's will just show up in Amazon packs?  Or Hot Topic?

Please advise on the above. The Wacky Team is hoping for some info.  We want to finish our sets before the New Year. 

Thanks,  Andrew

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #1028 on: December 07, 2020, 04:49:23 AM »
Here is the email I just sent my Super Impulse Contact. No reply on the last two emails. Hopefully this one will spur some info:

Still looking for info on Wackys. Please take a minute and provide some info for your Wacky fans.   :)

Where will will be able to buy the last three Minis?

Will there be stickers for all the mini's? Two Mini titles have not surfaced as stickers as of yet.

When will WalMart and Target restock?  All stores are empty right now.

It seems like only 1 in 4 Targets got Mini's this last round. Is that correct? 

And about half the Walmarts got any Minis.  Is that correct?

How many stickers will there be in total? We have 122 released so far that have been found.  Wave 1 and 2 had Red Borders around
the sticker image, so we count those as unique and buy them again when they come out with no black background.

Will there be an Amazon exclusive release to finish off the set? Meaning will the last 3 Mini's will just show up in Amazon packs?  Or Hot Topic?

Please advise on the above. The Wacky Team is hoping for some info.  We want to finish our sets before the New Year. 

Thanks,  Andrew
   Very nice Andrew, Let's hope you don't get ignored a 3rd time we kind of need to know :) Matt.

« Reply #1029 on: December 07, 2020, 01:34:40 PM »
Anyone still seeing these show up at Targets? I have not looked in a few days. Hit four stores on Tues and found them in 1. Almost nothing from Target popping up for resale on ebay. Wondering if we will need to wait awhile to see more hit Target.

Andrew
The Targets stores by me have nothing and Only 1 Walmart had the wave 3 items.
Dr. Deal did you get any response from SI on whether the missing stickers and minis can be found? I wrote them too to no avail.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 01:57:38 PM by De-Mented Tomatoes »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1030 on: December 07, 2020, 01:56:11 PM »
Got lucky today. Last Tues I had hit a Target in PA with a full case. I purchased 8 out of 24 cups mainly to get new mini's. I went back today and all 16 cups I left behind last Tuesday were STILL there., I purchased them and got 16 out of the 20 stickers I needed. I am now 4 short of the 122 out. WOW.  PS: Pulled a Burden Milk too!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 02:33:26 PM by DrDeal »

Online crackedjerk

« Reply #1031 on: December 07, 2020, 03:14:59 PM »
Got lucky today. Last Tues I had hit a Target in PA with a full case. I purchased 8 out of 24 cups mainly to get new mini's. I went back today and all 16 cups I left behind last Tuesday were STILL there., I purchased them and got 16 out of the 20 stickers I needed. I am now 4 short of the 122 out. WOW.  PS: Pulled a Burden Milk too!

Glad the cups were all still there (though I hope that doesn't bode ill for the series).  I will be curious to see how they are selling around here.

Do you recall which mini was showing in the cup in which you got the Burden?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1032 on: December 07, 2020, 03:47:53 PM »
Glad the cups were all still there (though I hope that doesn't bode ill for the series).  I will be curious to see how they are selling around here.

Do you recall which mini was showing in the cup in which you got the Burden?

No because I figured its all random so no tracking needed. Sorry.

Andrew

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1033 on: December 07, 2020, 03:52:41 PM »
Does anyone know at WalMart Which Mini is on Top if it has the Big Loogie Sticker in the cup? 

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #1034 on: December 07, 2020, 04:15:24 PM »
Does anyone know at WalMart Which Mini is on Top if it has the Big Loogie Sticker in the cup?

Cop Tarts

Online crackedjerk

« Reply #1035 on: December 07, 2020, 04:51:00 PM »
Cop Tarts

Interesting.  I was thinking it was Putrid.  But I am quite confused by this whole series.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1036 on: December 07, 2020, 06:11:02 PM »
Cop Tarts

Thanks. I picked one up today at WalMart.  It did have the Big Loogie Sticker.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 01:47:06 PM by DrDeal »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1037 on: December 08, 2020, 01:45:39 PM »
Heres a Mini I wish Super Impulse made.   ;)

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #1038 on: December 08, 2020, 02:49:40 PM »
Interesting.  I was thinking it was Putrid.  But I am quite confused by this whole series.

You ain't the only one!   Confused.   I would add Frustrated!

They were referencing the sticker--not the mini.   Every Putrid floater I was able to find (3) had a Big Loogie mini in it; moreover, the same exact titles were in each tub.   

Andrew, I'm curious as to why you lean toward a random distribution based on the floater?   That's not what I've seen.

Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1039 on: December 08, 2020, 04:33:10 PM »

Andrew, I'm curious as to why you lean toward a random distribution based on the floater?   That's not what I've seen.
[/quote]

Random minis in each pack at Target from what has been posted. Not random at WalMart.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #1040 on: December 08, 2020, 04:46:28 PM »

Random minis in each pack at Target from what has been posted. Not random at WalMart.

Interesting:   Target is random, Walmart is not.   Just more confusion on the part of the manufacturer.   Maybe we'll get each remaining mini in 3 new waves in 2021.    :-\
Send me your borderless wackys!

Online crackedjerk

« Reply #1041 on: December 08, 2020, 06:25:02 PM »
Does anyone recall where the info about series 2 was listed?  I don't mean to get ahead of ourselves, but I did check the SI website the other day and was surprised I saw no word of it.  I hope they'll complete series 1 before series 2 launches.  But I guess we had overlapping OS by Topps back in the day, so it would only be in keeping with the sets we love the most  ;)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1042 on: December 09, 2020, 03:03:53 AM »
Does anyone recall where the info about series 2 was listed?  I don't mean to get ahead of ourselves, but I did check the SI website the other day and was surprised I saw no word of it.  I hope they'll complete series 1 before series 2 launches.  But I guess we had overlapping OS by Topps back in the day, so it would only be in keeping with the sets we love the most  ;)

Info was on the site and is now gone. Here is the screen shot I took in Nov.  No replies from SI. Maybe they had a End Of Year Reorg like so many companies. My son works for Exxon and they just laid off 2000 people last week. He made the cut, but lost some Co-Workers. Hopefully SI replies shortly.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 03:06:52 AM by DrDeal »

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #1043 on: December 09, 2020, 04:07:25 AM »
Info was on the site and is now gone. Here is the screen shot I took in Nov.  No replies from SI. Maybe they had a End Of Year Reorg like so many companies. My son works for Exxon and they just laid off 2000 people last week. He made the cut, but lost some Co-Workers. Hopefully SI replies shortly.

I know that I seem to go back and forth a bit on these Wacky SI products, but I have fallen in love with collecting the set. I hope they can work out the problems relayed to them by the true fans such as yourself and we can all look back and say Wow remember the first series?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 05:51:02 AM by faustxxx »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1044 on: December 09, 2020, 07:16:48 AM »
Can anyone who has found a Demented and or Mrs Klean sticker in a Target Wave 4 cup; please provide the names of the Minis that were on top if you have that info? I am down to just the two sticker titles and want to try to be expedient. I realize Target is Random for Mini's in the cup based on the Mini showing, but maybe the stickers are less random.

Andrew

Offline drono

« Reply #1045 on: December 09, 2020, 07:35:42 AM »
I am down to just the two sticker titles and want to try to be expedient. I realize Target is Random for Mini's in the cup based on the Mini showing, but maybe the stickers are less random.

Andrew and others,

I'm curious how much money you've dumped into the minis compared to my $1,500 estimate for a full set - you can generalize it with a more, less, much less, much more, etc. if you don't want to publish the actual amount.

Looking back at page 3, reply #112 of this topic, my estimate was based on random collation.  I have no idea how to write a query based on Super Impulse's actual collation, which was a far stretch from random.  I think I would need a PHD in phuckedupcollation to even understand it all.

If the collation was random, the average number needed to buy to get a complete set was consistently between 297 and 309 with an average of 303.7.  So even if you could get it down to about $5 a box, the entire set would cost around $1,500 to assemble.  At 24 boxes in a case, it would require 12.5 cases to get a complete set.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 07:51:26 AM by drono »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1046 on: December 09, 2020, 08:01:49 AM »
I realize Target is Random for Mini's in the cup based on the Mini showing, but maybe the stickers are less random.
Andrew
My experience has been that the topper/sticker combo is random.
Same toppers w/different stickers
Different toppers w/same stickers

Online crackedjerk

« Reply #1047 on: December 09, 2020, 03:58:47 PM »

Thanks for that info!  Seems strange to me that they would take it down as it seems like there's only an upside to advertising a second series is coming.   I do like the titles they've chosen and, as others have pointed out, let's hope they correct the series collation for the second series (if they even think they screwed it up in the first place).

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1048 on: December 09, 2020, 05:04:20 PM »
Thanks for that info!  Seems strange to me that they would take it down as it seems like there's only an upside to advertising a second series is coming.   I do like the titles they've chosen and, as others have pointed out, let's hope they correct the series collation for the second series (if they even think they screwed it up in the first place).

Maybe they could not come to terms with Topps?  Time will tell.  Maybe Neil can comment? I think he is running point with SI on this project.

Andrew

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #1049 on: December 09, 2020, 05:07:41 PM »
My experience has been that the topper/sticker combo is random.
Same toppers w/different stickers
Different toppers w/same stickers

Let me try a different angle on this.  If you pulled a Demented or Mrs Kleen Sticker from a new Target Case: Where was the cup located in the case that had the sticker in question. My experience has been that the stickers usually go in the same spot in every case. I realize most won't be able to answer that question; but it does not hurt to ask.

Andrew