Author Topic: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1  (Read 251655 times)

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: Mini 3d Wacky Packages - World's Smallest Series 1
« Reply #560 on: September 27, 2020, 12:55:10 PM »
I am completely confused here.

I have the original Target 30 and am hoping to acquire the remaining minis that weren't included in the original Target 30 so I can complete a full set.

Have the remaining minis even been released yet?  Are they part of these "waves."  Or are waves 2 and 3 just repeats of the original Target 30?

Or, putting it differently, when will the other half of the full mini set be released and where?

Thanks for any information that can be provided.

My understanding is that wave 3 has reached the American warehouse(s) but has not shipped to retailers yet. We don't have a list of where they will be available currently or in what format. Thanks to Dr. Deal for keeping us all informed on the latest news.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #561 on: September 27, 2020, 01:48:37 PM »
I am completely confused here.
Have the remaining minis even been released yet? 
I don't think even Super Impulse has any freaking clue what's going on or if all the titles will eventually get released.
At least that's my impression of this entire fiasco

Offline drono

« Reply #562 on: September 27, 2020, 02:48:25 PM »
I'm curious if they were intentionally released in waves or was it a manufacturing limitation. Either way I think it's caused waning interest in the product.

I was really excited before the release, and now I'm lukewarm at best. I'll probably just purchase on the secondary market now.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #563 on: September 27, 2020, 04:03:13 PM »
I don't think even Super Impulse has any freaking clue what's going on or if all the titles will eventually get released.
At least that's my impression of this entire fiasco

My opinion is that Super Impulse has a plan with this phased release of the mini's. Their plan is geared towards making ALL of their channel customers happy. They know that Target likes to be first with collectibles; but they also want to make WalMart and their On-Line Dealers happy.  So Wave One which was single packs went to Target and On-Line retailers with half of the mini's.  Next wave two was the Two packs which had about 12 more Mini's as well as what One had and that wave went to On-Line Dealers and some Targets.   Wave three which is about to ship out is Single packs (And possibly more Two Packs) and should have more new mini's and will go to On-Line Customers and I think Target for restocks.   Late Oct will see Wave 4 Singles which will mostly go to WalMart and will complete the sets of 66 mini's. WalMart does not mind waiting and knows people will be coming in the finish their sets. So the plan is to sell lots of mini's and keep all the different channel customers happy. 

The big problem we have as collectors is we are accustomed to being able to buy a full case and "Get all the Cards" . The display case  has "collect all 66 mini's"  ; yet there is no disclaimer stating that the product will be released in waves. That should have been called out. I will advise them that this needs to change for Release two.

Andrew

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #564 on: September 27, 2020, 04:47:56 PM »
The big problem we have as collectors is we are accustomed to being able to buy a full case and "Get all the Cards" . The display case  has "collect all 66 mini's"  ; yet there is no disclaimer stating that the product will be released in waves. That should have been called out. I will advise them that this needs to change for Release two.

Andrew
no, this isn't 'our problem', this is Super Impulse's problem, who have been flat out lying to customers in every single supposed 'wave', stating that they can collect them all, when they absolutely cannot. No casual buyer has the slightest clue that they'll have to go to different stores in different months to find the missing items.
The initial excitement for these was squandered months ago and it's turned into an ugly collecting experience, with customers having little desire at this point to buy anything further in retail stores.
Hopefully SI has been deluged with angry hate mail over this crap.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #565 on: September 27, 2020, 05:01:34 PM »
no, this isn't 'our problem', this is Super Impulse's problem, who have been flat out lying to customers in every single supposed 'wave', stating that they can collect them all, when they absolutely cannot. No casual buyer has the slightest clue that they'll have to go to different stores in different months to find the missing items.
The initial excitement for these was squandered months ago and it's turned into an ugly collecting experience, with customers having little desire at this point to buy anything further in retail stores.
Hopefully SI has been deluged with angry hate mail over this crap.

I agree 100%.  I will communicate the gist of your post to them.

Andrew

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #566 on: September 27, 2020, 05:15:24 PM »
I'm basically in the same boat as drono. I was fairly excited about these initially, and still was when they first hit the street in Targets a couple months ago, but at this point, I doubt I'll be buying any more directly via retail or on-line. Will prob just go secondary market to obtain what I need (including the rares, if at all possible without re-financing my house) and just move on to other things.

Like Patrick, I agree that we Wacky Pack fans/collectors have been lied to by SI. I think SI believes that we'll keep following them due to our allegiance to the brand (WPs). I also think that this was the worst marketing strategy they could have gone with; a very poor way to sell them. My gut is telling me that, unless there are some absolute guarantees that Series 2 will be done differently [basically that all minis can be obtained for a reasonable cost within a reasonable timeframe with a reasonable amount of effort], that as far as I'm concerned, they can place their minis where a full set can easily fit.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #567 on: September 27, 2020, 06:48:20 PM »
I agree with Fanatical, I am pretty disgusted with this and have lost interest.  Is Dr Deal an official spokesperson for them?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #568 on: September 27, 2020, 11:28:45 PM »
I also agree 100% with Fanatical and Bigtomi.  I've posted earlier all the problems I see with this release, and others have pretty much reiterated what I stated back then, and I still agree with them.

I bought one complete box from Target--didn't even get a rare one in the box.  I got enough to see what they're like, but I'm not wasting any more money on these.   Especially since better things are coming from Topps, like the Attacky Packages, the upcoming Old School, and probably some Halloween cards, not forgetting the weekly series.  While Topps' collation isn't the best either, at least they're consistent, and ALL the cards are obtainable with minimal effort. 

Of course, one could argue that the weekly series is one really big series release in waves, but at least the cards from each weekly "wave" are available during that advertised release.  Topps doesn't say "collect all 100" or whatever and then say, "Now guess when and where we're going to release them."

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #569 on: September 28, 2020, 02:42:50 AM »
I agree with Fanatical, I am pretty disgusted with this and have lost interest.  Is Dr Deal an official spokesperson for them?

No official role here. Just a fan of wackys who reached out early on to Super Impulse since I already had a contact there from talking to them about World's Smallest Hot Wheels which is another area I avidly collect.

Andrew

Offline drono

« Reply #570 on: September 28, 2020, 03:05:11 AM »
I already had a contact there from talking to them about World's Smallest Hot Wheels which is another area I avidly collect.

Andrew

Is the release the same for the hot wheels?  I've never collected those, but I used to work in the toy department of a large department store, and it seemed that they came out in series of 24 at a time, so that would be commonplace for those collectors.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #571 on: September 28, 2020, 03:12:15 AM »
Is the release the same for the hot wheels?  I've never collected those, but I used to work in the toy department of a large department store, and it seemed that they came out in series of 24 at a time, so that would be commonplace for those collectors.
World's Smallest Hot Wheels are released in sets of three cars sold separately. But they combined all the released cars into a blind box set two years ago that also had special 50th anniversary chase cars. Those chase cars came one per 24 box case.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #572 on: September 28, 2020, 03:14:26 AM »
No official role here. Just a fan of wackys who reached out early on to Super Impulse since I already had a contact there from talking to them about World's Smallest Hot Wheels which is another area I avidly collect.  I just sent an email to SI with a bunch of these comments. I asked for some feedback to the group regarding how Series Two will be Marketing and sold. Hopefully our feedback will be considered. Time will tell. I told them we love the product and hate how it was marketed and sold.

Andrew

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #573 on: September 28, 2020, 01:34:49 PM »
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 02:42:28 PM by rdsjnk »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #574 on: September 28, 2020, 02:02:07 PM »

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #575 on: September 28, 2020, 06:21:46 PM »
Love the mini's, absolutely, and I can understand Super Impulse's decision to spread out
the release of it, but I think they've gone a bit haywire. 

First wave was fine, second was okay, but I think they should have just released the
rest of them with this third and final release.

Too many questions and delays start to wear on the consumer, i.e. us.

Offline KarlHungus

« Reply #576 on: September 29, 2020, 08:37:00 AM »
Thanks for the addition to the forum - I'm loving this line, but similarly frustrated about its slow roll out and vague details as to when we can expect to complete the line.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #577 on: September 29, 2020, 08:38:38 AM »
Thanks for the addition to the forum - I'm loving this line, but similarly frustrated about its slow roll out and vague details as to when we can expect to complete the line.

Welcome to our Wacky World!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #578 on: September 29, 2020, 01:43:46 PM »

Here is the response I received today from Super Impulse. I passed along 8 of the comments, many of which are pretty animated. I told her please do not be offended, but there are very strong feelings around this product and how it has been marketed. Here is the reply:

Hi Andrew,

We really appreciate the communication and product/marketing feedback.

We absolutely take all of the customer feedback seriously and I am not at all offended by the commentary as you are the people who allow us to continue to create fun and exciting products every day.  I will be taking this all back to the senior executive team for evaluation as we are always striving to be our best

All I can say about series two at the moment, is that we are listening to our customers. If rollouts need to happen in stages, we will be sure to let our customers know.

Thanks!

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #579 on: September 30, 2020, 01:40:27 PM »
Love the mini's, absolutely, and I can understand Super Impulse's decision to spread out
the release of it, but I think they've gone a bit haywire. 

First wave was fine, second was okay, but I think they should have just released the
rest of them with this third and final release.

Too many questions and delays start to wear on the consumer, i.e. us.

So the next wave isa not completing the set? This seriously is too costly.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #580 on: September 30, 2020, 01:51:30 PM »

You can probably skip wave three and wave 4 will have everything in terms of mins. The stickers are another matter.

Andrew

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #581 on: October 01, 2020, 06:12:22 AM »
Here is today's reply from SI on where we can find Wave 3 singles.

MJ Beanz in NY

FYE will ship this week

Novelty Poster in NY

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 06:41:57 AM by DrDeal »

Online quas

« Reply #582 on: October 01, 2020, 07:09:43 AM »

Sounds like some of us can "wave" goodbye to completing the set.  I sure feel like one of them, but once they're on ebay they should be more affordable.
Marc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #583 on: October 01, 2020, 07:14:40 AM »
Sounds like some of us can "wave" goodbye to completing the set.  I sure feel like one of them, but once they're on ebay they should be more affordable.

I am more concerned with the stickers. So far Wave one and two each had 24 different stickers. Will Wave 3 have 24 new stickers. The total is supposed to be
75 so how will that work? No info from SI on this topic. I am looking into buying a case of wave 3. If I am able to do that i will report what it contains. (Sticker and Mini's.)

Andrew

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #584 on: October 01, 2020, 09:40:30 AM »
I would think (i.e. expect, and strongly) that there are more outlet available for
this next wave than those three?  If not, how would anyone in the world be able
to complete a set?

Yikes!   :-\

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #585 on: October 01, 2020, 10:05:18 AM »
I would think (i.e. expect, and strongly) that there are more outlet available for
this next wave than those three?  If not, how would anyone in the world be able
to complete a set?

Yikes!   :-\

These are the first outlets to get Wave 3. I will get more info in the coming days.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #586 on: October 01, 2020, 11:31:29 AM »
I was able to order a case from MJ Beanz in NY. 516-827-7700.  It was $5.99 per pack plus $8.00 shipping. I will report the contents when it arrives.

Andrew

Offline Kook

« Reply #587 on: October 02, 2020, 07:37:34 AM »
I was able to order a case from MJ Beanz in NY. 516-827-7700.  It was $5.99 per pack plus $8.00 shipping. I will report the contents when it arrives.

Andrew

I just tried to call MJ Beanz and order a case. The "wacky" woman on the phone just said people are buying cases. You will be the last case otherwise I won't have any for my customers.

Ok, fine...

I'll connect you to someone who will take your information...

Name?... Where are we shipping this to ? NJ. Oh, I didn't know you were from NJ. I sent a case to someone else in NJ yesterday. I can't ship another to NJ.

Why?

I just can't do it now. Sorry.

Can you do it later? Tomorrow? Should I call back? Is this your corporate policy? Is there a reason?

Sorry, I just can't do it. There is a line here. I have to go.

WTF???

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #588 on: October 02, 2020, 07:52:28 AM »
Strange, but this whole product release has been strange.  These are very cool items, but they are managing to turn off so many customers!

Offline drono

« Reply #589 on: October 02, 2020, 08:14:21 AM »
I looked up MJ Beanz yesterday, and I seem to remember that all they had was a FaceBook page and no actual web site.  They look like a small specialty shop with just one or two stores, so it's not surprising that they're limited in what they can or will do.

I agree Pat, this entire release seems to have been a disaster for the forum members.  I wonder how the outside world is seeing it.  There are plenty of minis listed on eBay, and many labeled wave 1 and wave 2, so the information seems to be reaching out beyond us.  I can understand Super Impulse not wanting to upset their distribution channels, but if you upset your consumers and they don't buy your product, your distribution won't matter.  On a positive note, it could mean we'll be seeing these in the dollar stores soon.

« Reply #590 on: October 02, 2020, 10:10:31 AM »
Strange, but this whole product release has been strange.  These are very cool items, but they are managing to turn off so many customers!

They are so cool but the release in waves from SI has been so absolutely confusing and irritating that many will give up.

« Reply #591 on: October 02, 2020, 10:12:45 AM »
I just tried to call MJ Beanz and order a case. The "wacky" woman on the phone just said people are buying cases. You will be the last case otherwise I won't have any for my customers.

Ok, fine...

Name?... Where are we shipping this to ? NJ. Oh, I didn't know you were from NJ. I sent a case to someone else in NJ yesterday. I can't ship another to NJ.

I guess we will have to wait until later in the month when they FINALLY come to Walmart.

Offline bp1958

« Reply #592 on: October 02, 2020, 10:51:47 AM »
Is a case a 24 unit box?  or something different.  thx bill

Offline Kook

« Reply #593 on: October 02, 2020, 11:04:59 AM »
Is a case a 24 unit box?  or something different.  thx bill

They confirmed on the phone that a case is 24 "cups" at $5.99ea. before they said "No minis for you..."  ;)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #594 on: October 02, 2020, 12:00:55 PM »

Ok, fine...

Why?

I just can't do it now. Sorry.

Can you do it later? Tomorrow? Should I call back? Is this your corporate policy? Is there a reason?

Sorry, I just can't do it. There is a line here. I have to go.

WTF???

That makes no sense. They sold to me and shipped to NJ yesterday. 

Andrew