Author Topic: Bot Themed Wackys  (Read 2819 times)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Bot Themed Wackys
« on: February 07, 2020, 12:38:24 PM »
Can anyone direct me to a list or images of "Bot" themed Wackys?  I am aware of the "Bots" title and the new "Playbot" title but would like to find others.  I think there were some other ones in some of the Postcard series or maybe ANS?

My work is starting to experiment with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and I want to gather a few "Bot" themed Wacky images to share with the developers.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Bot Themed Wackys
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 02:21:12 PM »
Can anyone direct me to a list or images of "Bot" themed Wackys?  I am aware of the "Bots" title and the new "Playbot" title but would like to find others.  I think there were some other ones in some of the Postcard series or maybe ANS?

My work is starting to experiment with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and I want to gather a few "Bot" themed Wacky images to share with the developers.

Do you want only issued card images, or sketches, too?  There were some great Halloween Bot sketches!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 01:35:22 AM »
Here's what I found on the Master Spreadsheet:

*Unpopular Mechanics (11th)
*Robot Burns Cigars (12th)
*Electric Slave (15th)
*GoBums (1985)
*Microbe Machines (1991)
*Nerd Football (ANS3)
*Robotussin (ANS4)
*Trashformers (ANS6)
*Metalmucil (ANS6)
*Borgresso (ANS8 (Pack to the Future))
*Transfarmers (ANS8 (Wacky Packages Go to the Movies))
*Robo (ANS10 (Bonus Sticker B4) & Wacky Packages Go to the Movies 2018 (Sci-Fi Film))
*Y.O.L.O.Cop (ANS11 (Coming Distractions))
*Dronestrike (2014 S1)
*Milk-Drone (2015 S1)
*Cy Borg-Ar-Dee (2015 S1)
*Transfoamers 5 (2015 S1 (Coming Soon))
*Exterminator 5 (2015 S1 (Coming Soon))
*Bladder Runner (Wacky Packages Go to the Movies 2018 (Sci-Fiilm))
*Exterminator Bug-ment Spray (Wacky Packages Go to the Movies 2018 (Sci-Fi Film))
*Powerblade (Wacky Packages Go to the Movies 2018 (Sci-Fi Film))
*Slim Rim (Wacky Packages Go to the Movies 2018 (Sci-Fi Film))
*Transfatties (Wacky Packages Go to the Movies 2018 (Sci-Fi Film))
*The Six Dollar Man (Wacky Packages Go to the Movies 2018 (Action) & OLDS 3)
*Bumblebee Oil and Honey (Wacky Packages Go to the Movies 2018 (Action))
*Transfoolers (OLDS 8}
*BOT WHEELS (Attacky Packages 2018)
*RUSTED BUSTED ROBOTS (Attacky Packages 2018)
*PLAYBOT MAGAZINE (Attacky Packages 2020)
*Girder Inorganic Gears and Cogs (All New Weekly Series (Guest Artist of the Week))
*Bots (Wacky Halloween Postcards 2009 & Wacky Packages Go to the Movies 2018 (Concession Stand))
*Android Bathroom Tissue (Irish Series)
*Powerless Glove (Wacky Packages New New New (bonus sticker))

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 01:09:09 PM by mikecho »

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 05:52:35 PM »
Excellent list.  Thank you!!

Looking for all the Bot related Wackys kind of reminds me of Topical stamp collecting. "Topical" meaning that you collect all the examples you can find on a related topic, like space, or birds, or flags, etc.

It would be interesting to come up with some "Topical" Wacky lists.  Topics like Bots, or Monsters, or Worms, or Morons.....
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 10:40:24 PM »
Excellent list.  Thank you!!

Looking for all the Bot related Wackys kind of reminds me of Topical stamp collecting. "Topical" meaning that you collect all the examples you can find on a related topic, like space, or birds, or flags, etc.

It would be interesting to come up with some "Topical" Wacky lists.  Topics like Bots, or Monsters, or Worms, or Morons.....

I have a separate collection of Cereal Wackys.  I think I stopped midway through the ANS.  I remember trying to decide if Quacker belonged, and deciding "yes," and I know it has at least one from the early Postcards because there's a TS2 Grave Nuts, and maybe a few sketches.  I was using one of those Ultra Pro bound books of 9 pocket pages, and it ran out of room (also couldn't fit postcards).  I should revisit that!  But, if there are any really tough ANS chase cards of cereals, that will probably be the end of it.

I've considered starting up a Fast Food collection; that might be small enough to go in the bound book.  A Candy collection would be pretty big, and would definitely include postcards.  Toys would be another good collection.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 07:49:58 AM »
I pulled out my Cereal collection to see where it started and ended.  No die-cuts or Ads, but 15 titles from Series 1-13.  For Postcards, the book includes TS2 Grave Nuts, and bio cards of Molten Crisp, Stench Berries and Alpha-Bytes, as well as a Smokin' Joe Stench Berries sketch.  For Old School, there's a Qreep, Kellab's Project 19 and a Frankenberry, as well as Jay Lynch Quacker, Cap'n Crud and Qreep sketches.  ANS Wackys stop at ANS 6, and include coupon backs of Cereal titles.  There are even titles from the Flashbacks.  Looks like I stopped around 2009-2010.  The last page has six "Lost" cereal titles from 2005, plus three that had been inserted in a magazine.

I think I'll be taking them out of the book and starting a binder where I can add pages.  Hopefully the task of searching out which later titles I need will keep me occupied for a while, without breaking the bank.  I'll probably do something else with the sketches, as there is no way I want to get sketches of every title.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 07:39:49 PM »
I pulled out my Cereal collection to see where it started and ended.  No die-cuts or Ads, but 15 titles from Series 1-13.  For Postcards, the book includes TS2 Grave Nuts, and bio cards of Molten Crisp, Stench Berries and Alpha-Bytes, as well as a Smokin' Joe Stench Berries sketch.  For Old School, there's a Qreep, Kellab's Project 19 and a Frankenberry, as well as Jay Lynch Quacker, Cap'n Crud and Qreep sketches.  ANS Wackys stop at ANS 6, and include coupon backs of Cereal titles.  There are even titles from the Flashbacks.  Looks like I stopped around 2009-2010.  The last page has six "Lost" cereal titles from 2005, plus three that had been inserted in a magazine.

I think I'll be taking them out of the book and starting a binder where I can add pages.  Hopefully the task of searching out which later titles I need will keep me occupied for a while, without breaking the bank.  I'll probably do something else with the sketches, as there is no way I want to get sketches of every title.

If I were to create a binder of any topical wacky, Pat, it would definitely be cereal.  Hard to know how many you missed, but it seems like Old School would have lots of titles that you haven't mentioned.  I always liked Wacky cereal titles in the original series (and beyond) as I have always been a big cereal fan.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 04:44:33 AM »
We have a new addition to Bot themed Wackys:  The July Week 3 Guest Artist card by Joe Grossberg is Girder (baby food) with the tag line 'For the Little Bot in your "Life"'

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 04:46:47 AM by RawGoo »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 07:09:14 AM »
We have a new addition to Bot themed Wackys:  The July Week 3 Guest Artist card by Joe Grossberg is Girder (baby food) with the tag line 'For the Little Bot in your "Life"'

It's in the list as of right now!