Author Topic: FANNY PACKAGES --- Fan-Made Wretch Cards  (Read 3780 times)

Offline ToadallyDude

FANNY PACKAGES --- Fan-Made Wretch Cards
« on: January 24, 2020, 11:52:06 AM »
Well, since I've come out of hibernation for a while, and was no stranger to shaking things up on the forum years ago, I've got a new challenge for you...  The other day I decided to finally take a stab at an idea I'd had since first seeing the 'Sketch Cards' in packs.  I wondered what kind of stuff the COLLECTORS would come up with if given the opportunity to do some Wacky sketches & mash-ups.  Many of the Wacky veterans on here have known each other since the mid to late 90's, and have only traded the stickers themselves.  But why not get creative!  We can't let the artists have all the fun, right?... 

I sent fellow Mag-7 buddy, "Sco(o)t", a few scans of my first wave of goofy mash-ups I did w/ pen & colored pencil, just for fun... along with a page of 8 BLANKS for you guys to print out and give it a shot.  He was kind enough to offer to post them for me as I seem to have no luck getting images up on the forum. 

It all started, really, when my kid asked me to draw my favorite Wacky Pack with crayons ("Hostile Thinkies" from memory isn't too easy with crayons, I discovered... but it was enough inspiration to spark this challenge).  So have at it, collectors!...

[stay tuned - images to be posted soon]

Offline Joe G.

Re: FANNY PACKAGES --- Fan-Made Wretch Cards
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 06:01:58 PM »
I think this is a great idea.  Maybe some aspiring individual could even design a Wacky Forum sketch card blank that we could print up and distribute.  Then we could have Wacky Forum sketch card trading between members!  I would certainly love to have a complete set of sketches with one from each forum member!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 08:38:16 AM »
Well, since I've come out of hibernation for a while, and was no stranger to shaking things up on the forum years ago, I've got a new challenge for you...  The other day I decided to finally take a stab at an idea I'd had since first seeing the 'Sketch Cards' in packs.  I wondered what kind of stuff the COLLECTORS would come up with if given the opportunity to do some Wacky sketches & mash-ups.  Many of the Wacky veterans on here have known each other since the mid to late 90's, and have only traded the stickers themselves.  But why not get creative!  We can't let the artists have all the fun, right?... 

I sent fellow Mag-7 buddy, "Sco(o)t", a few scans of my first wave of goofy mash-ups I did w/ pen & colored pencil, just for fun... along with a page of 8 BLANKS for you guys to print out and give it a shot.  He was kind enough to offer to post them for me as I seem to have no luck getting images up on the forum. 

It all started, really, when my kid asked me to draw my favorite Wacky Pack with crayons ("Hostile Thinkies" from memory isn't too easy with crayons, I discovered... but it was enough inspiration to spark this challenge).  So have at it, collectors!...

[stay tuned - images to be posted soon]

Here are the Fanny Packages ToadallyDude created and the blanks template he used:

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 09:51:39 AM »
Ha! These are super fun!

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 01:28:34 PM »
Those are very, ToadallyDude.  I like the Thinkies one the best

I'll print out the blanks and see if I can come up with anything when I have a moment of inspiration.

Offline drono

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 07:29:07 PM »
They took away my crayons in the 1st grade because my drawing skills were so bad.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 12:37:15 PM »
No drawing skills required for this challenge.  Think of it as "Visual Karaoke" with all your Wacky Pack buddies (Buggies).  C'mon, SOMEone's going to have to post some originals or I'm going to look a little silly standing here alone with these.  heh.  I was thinking of digging out the huge stack of 'roughs' I sent to Dave G. years ago with the hopes of getting something immortalized in ANS-land, and doing something more detailed.  I'm sure tons of you guys have come up with new Wacky ideas or weird mash-ups or improvements to existing titles before. 

(and thanks, Neil, for the thumbs up... means a lot coming from one of the new Saunders' of Wacky Packs)

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 10:01:23 PM »
Give 'em a chance to draw...not all of us are professional Wacky artists who come up with works of art in one afternoon...ha!

Offline Rictor

• Card For Sale
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 05:19:41 PM »
This name would not work very well in Australia, where "fanny" has a very different meaning...or would it?

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 05:53:44 PM »
Yah, not in England either.  I thought about that since they do tend to laugh at us for calling them fanny-packs.  But then again, when they ask for an eraser in class over here... it's even funnier.  If these ever catch on (which I'm sure they won't), then we can just rename them 'Murse Packs' instead, mix up all the series that the titles come from, and slap the 11th series puzzle-back on the 2nd series checklists!

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 04:34:41 PM »
Man... no new collector-generated art yet (or employment offers from Topps).  Hmph.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2020, 07:34:38 PM »
Man... no new collector-generated art yet (or employment offers from Topps).  Hmph.

I'm not even remotely comfortable or confident in my drawing skills to try this, Scott, but I appreciate yours and the effort to keep things fun.  I thought of you when I drove through southern WI recently and know that you're always good about keeping the fun in the hobby.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2020, 09:58:06 AM »
But then again, when they ask for an eraser in class over here... it's even funnier.
I guess that is because they call erasers "rubbers"?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 10:24:01 AM »
I guess that is because they call erasers "rubbers"?

What do rain boots have to do with it?   :]

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2020, 07:09:18 PM »
Oh man... I was hoping to see some fan-made masterpieces here after not logging in since the start of this F'ed up pandemic.  But no one drew anything.  I guess you can close this thread if it's taking up space.  Maybe someone got to all of you & talked you out of it, knowing that it might decrease sales if you can draw your own.  heh.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2020, 02:24:15 AM »
Here's one I completed in likely an hour or so... first one I've done in a while

Only used colored pencils as it was on printer paper. Wanted to blend the colors a bit better, eh

I wanna see some more sketches on here!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 11:50:24 AM by NationalSpittoon »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2020, 05:40:06 AM »
I would love it if this was a thread to post fan-made product parodies, as well as sketches.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2020, 01:17:40 AM »
Here's one I completed in likely an hour or so... first one I've done in a while

Only used colored pencils as it was on printer paper. Wanted to blend the colors a bit better, eh

I wanna see some more sketches on here!

YES!!!  Awesome!  Thanks for contributing.  The crickets have finally stopped chirping... cool idea, too.  It's like you want to see the next frame of the cartoon so bad.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2020, 01:19:39 AM »
I would love it if this was a thread to post fan-made product parodies, as well as sketches.

Why not?  I just thought it would be fun to see some art from all the collectors who DIDN'T get hired by Topps.