Author Topic: ATTACKY PACKAGES SERIES 2 HAVE LANDED!  (Read 18783 times)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Re: ATTACKY PACKAGES SERIES 2 HAVE LANDED!
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2020, 09:35:25 AM »
I saw Styx in concert last fall.  Only original members still touring with them are Tommy Shaw, JY, and Chuck Panozzo.  They did really sound awesome.

I also saw Foreigner last fall and there were NO original members in the band!  Mick Jones was supposed to be with them but he could not perform due to health reasons.  At some point, you got to stop touring under the original band name if there are no original members left!  Or call it what it is, a cover band.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2020, 10:56:55 AM »
Hey Neil! How long until you find out how many sold?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2020, 01:39:41 PM »
Hey Neil! How long until you find out how many sold?

I hope it was a LOT!

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2020, 01:45:06 PM »
Agreed! Maybe we can get that binder with the 4th series!  8)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2020, 02:02:23 PM »
Only original members still touring with them are Tommy Shaw, JY, and Chuck Panozzo.
That's most of them, only leaving DeYoung out since John Panozzo died in the mid-90s.   :'(
[Technically, Shaw isn't original, but pretty close...]   ;)

K, no more Styx talk now....

Offline mikecho

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2020, 03:26:11 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks.  40 years of mystery solved.  I never bothered searching it online for some reason.  So, what about that weird echoed voice at the beginning of "Fooling Yourself"?  Sounds like a rocket countdown, but is totally intelligible.  I miss Styx.  Well, 'pre-Mr.Roboto' Styx, I mean.  Cool Styx.

Sorry... no more non-Wacky talk.  Got distracted by the lyrics.  No need to migrate this one to another thread.  Wackys Wackys Wackys... Hopeless Snowballs, Scary Lee, etc...
I know what you mean about Styx. My brother was a fan of them almost from the beginning.

In fact, my high school class graduation song was "The Best of Times" from Paradise Theater. I still have that album on CD.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2020, 03:36:26 PM »
You know, Neil, if you look at page 3 of ALL NEW TOPPS "ATTACKY PACKAGES" SET NOW AVAILABLE!!!, you'll see how many are left to go.

I've been keeping track of them and there's a lot of them that haven't been published yet. There's also a few Dinosaurs Attack! ones and a few Mars Attacks/Judge Dredd ones that haven't been published yet, either.

Just thought you'd like to know.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 03:38:10 PM by mikecho »

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2020, 03:53:40 PM »
I saw Styx in concert last fall.  Only original members still touring with them are Tommy Shaw, JY, and Chuck Panozzo.  They did really sound awesome.

I also saw Foreigner last fall and there were NO original members in the band!  Mick Jones was supposed to be with them but he could not perform due to health reasons.  At some point, you got to stop touring under the original band name if there are no original members left!  Or call it what it is, a cover band.

This past Spring I saw Dennis DeYoung perform the Grand Illusion for the 40th anniversary. Besides the grey hair you'd never know it was 2019. Styx is coming in March but I was outvoted 3-1 for some b.s. murder mystery crapfest on the same day as Styx.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2020, 08:03:37 AM »
Got my shipping notice From fedex this morning. We’ll see when they arrive!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2020, 03:21:48 PM »
Fedex updated my shipping status today, and one package should be here Saturday!  It will give me some time to sort, and probably even mail out sets the same day if anyone still wants one.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2020, 03:39:27 PM »
Unfortunately I haven't been excited for WP's in a while but I hope these bring me out of my funk. Arriving Saturday from Florida. Florida?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2020, 07:39:20 PM »
Florida?
That’s where they’re printed.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2020, 01:45:19 PM »
My first wave came today. The rest to follow on Saturday.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2020, 03:09:56 PM »
The Wacky Gods have smiled upon me!    :0012398:

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2020, 03:11:42 PM »

This is how I pulled them out of the black boxes.

Offline drono

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2020, 07:43:50 PM »
Mine were shipped on Wednesday and aren't scheduled to arrive 'til Tuesday.  Hush hush, keep it down now, voices carry.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2020, 02:38:41 PM »
Feb-7th, So Cal... mine haven't arrived yet.  (in case anyone's keeping track)  Can't wait to see them, though.

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2020, 04:38:11 PM »
I just received mine this afternoon and on first perusal, the collation of these was MUCH better than for the previous set.

That must be the case, because I'm usually never this lucky  :P

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2020, 07:06:08 AM »

Nice!

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2020, 07:07:29 AM »
Mine were shipped on Wednesday and aren't scheduled to arrive 'til Tuesday.  Hush hush, keep it down now, voices carry.

Good song!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2020, 08:11:21 AM »
I just received mine this afternoon and on first perusal, the collation of these was MUCH better than for the previous set.

That must be the case, because I'm usually never this lucky  :P

I'm not doing so well - 10 packs so far and not a single base set, plus four doubles on the Crudlows.

Update - 30 packs in and still short one title for a Crudlow set.......  1 sketch, will post a scan later.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 08:59:50 AM by RawGoo »

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2020, 01:44:34 PM »
LOL! Actually, I didn't know this myself, but a little Googling solved it. They say "Hey, hey, hey, hey, eight, skate, seven on the rotate".

So....WTF does that mean? It's a term in the game of craps. I wasn't able to find out any more detail than that, except JY suggested it be included because the guys used to play craps a lot (while recording this album, I imagine). And, the verbal rhythm fits well into the intro, eh?
Just one of many vinyl LPs we had back in the day where the record sleeve had no printed lyrics, so we were left to guess...

There’s a pretty good music lyrics website azlyrics.com, where you can find the words to just about anything from well-established bands and solo artists.  It’s unauthorized though, posted by fans I guess, so you can’t necessarily trust everything you see 100%.  I’m sure when an artist provides lyrics with their recordings, those accurate lyrics find their way onto the site, but otherwise there may be the occasional mistake.  I’ve found one or two myself.

There are what look like accurate lyrics to R.E.M., which is baffling because I had most of their records and they never included lyrics, plus Stipe was always a bit mumby, so they were always a challenge for me.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2020, 03:45:15 PM »
10 packs purchased.

Yays: Good mix of cards, 3 complete base sets, 5 leftover base cards (no doubles), 10 Crudlows with no doubles(wow!).

Boos: NO sketch  :sad:

Despite no sketch, this set of Attackys had WAY better collation than the previous set (at least in my case).
Brian Mc

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2020, 04:35:46 PM »
Good mix of cards,
Similar - a very good mix of base cards, consistently had three different sets of five in the packs, making a base set every three packs.
also a great distribution of Crudlows, and made a full set with some extras.
and a sketch card, woo hoo!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2020, 04:25:45 AM »
Despite the poor collation at the beginning (37 packs for a Crudlow set), after all the opening of 100 packs (no small task!!) I ended up with 5 Crudlow sets and a sixth missing just 1 sticker.  Up until pack 81, I only had 2 sketches, but I pulled 2 in the last 19 packs.  Still, just 4 out of 100, which is disappointing.

I love the titles!  And, the images are larger than the Old School 8 images, which is nice.  Maybe Topps was listening to our requests, I hope? 

Here's another suggestion for Topps: next time, please stop the crazy waste of packaging materials!  I have an entire trash bag filled with plastic wrapped cardboard boxes and hard foam inserts.  The jewel cases with the soft foam protect the 6 cards quite well.  Maybe the problem is that the sketch packs would show?  How about a thin, sealed black wrapper/baggie over each pack instead of all the rest?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 04:35:40 AM by RawGoo »

Offline quas

« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2020, 05:45:41 AM »
Despite the poor collation at the beginning (37 packs for a Crudlow set), after all the opening of 100 packs (no small task!!) I ended up with 5 Crudlow sets and a sixth missing just 1 sticker.  Up until pack 81, I only had 2 sketches, but I pulled 2 in the last 19 packs.  Still, just 4 out of 100, which is disappointing.

I love the titles!  And, the images are larger than the Old School 8 images, which is nice.  Maybe Topps was listening to our requests, I hope? 

Here's another suggestion for Topps: next time, please stop the crazy waste of packaging materials!  I have an entire trash bag filled with plastic wrapped cardboard boxes and hard foam inserts.  The jewel cases with the soft foam protect the 6 cards quite well.  Maybe the problem is that the sketch packs would show?  How about a thin, sealed black wrapper/baggie over each pack instead of all the rest?

Agree.  Especially since these come straight to the customer instead of going to some retail store first.
Marc

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2020, 11:19:36 AM »
All in all, it looks like the collation was great.

Did anyone get a color sketch card?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2020, 11:55:41 AM »
All in all, it looks like the collation was great.

Did anyone get a color sketch card?

After I got through the first 40 or so packs, my collation evened out, but many of the three stickers (3, 5, and 9) I was short of were in the last packs. 

Here are the two I pulled this morning in my final 19 packs - one color!  The other two (both black and white) I believe I left at my mother's house last night.  Anyway, these two look much better in person, think I changed the settings on the scanner again for something for work.......

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 11:58:49 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2020, 07:07:43 PM »
Pat, so cool!  Those are the best two sketches I’ve seen so far!

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2020, 02:59:06 PM »
Feb 10th... still don't have mine in So. Cal.  Anyone else get theirs in this area?

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2020, 03:09:52 PM »
Dude, I am also in So Cal and mine isn’t scheduled to arrive until Friday!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2020, 06:29:53 PM »
How cool would these be if they came in a wax wrapper????  Plastic wrap, a cardboard box, foam insert, plastic case and another foam insert. OR  1 wax wrapper?    am I nuts?

JIMMIJ

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2020, 08:26:51 PM »
Feb 10th... still don't have mine in So. Cal.  Anyone else get theirs in this area?
Still waiting in the SF Bay Area!
A

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2020, 12:12:44 AM »
Dude, I am also in So Cal and mine isn’t scheduled to arrive until Friday!

That's awful. 

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2020, 03:09:01 AM »
Here in Indiana, I am showing delivery by end of Wednesday 2/12.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

anything