Author Topic: Idea for a (fictitious) Wacky cartoon TV show  (Read 204 times)

Offline mikecho

Idea for a (fictitious) Wacky cartoon TV show
« on: January 15, 2020, 10:45:06 AM »
"And h-e-e-e-ere they are!

The world's most daring display of pun-fulled parodies ever to peel and stick in the Wacky Packages...competing for the title of the World's Wackiest Package.

The stickers are approaching the starting line..."

I'll let you guys and gals make up the rest. The only thing here is all the opening lines from the Wacky Races opening part dealing with the drivers and their cars have to be used, beginning with "Leading the pack is...", "Next it's...", Maneuvering for position is..., "Right behind them is..., etc., and going on from there. Remember, anything's possible.

"A-n-n-nd they're off...to a standing start.

And why not? They've been stuck to a post by shifty (blank)...who sticks onto the wrong surface.

And awa-a-a-ay they go They're the way-out Wacky Packages!"

No reason for this one except good, clean fun and a few laughs (by the way, I made this up entirely).

Just thought of something. Could someone please put on this subforum the Wacky Races opening sequence from YouTube or wherever it can be found, so that everyone that doesn't remember the show has a general idea of what to do here? Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 04:07:08 PM by mikecho »

Offline ToadallyDude

Re: Idea for a (fictitious) Wacky cartoon TV show
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 01:09:34 PM »
Who could forget that awesome show.  It was probably my favorite cartoon as a kid, at least for a while.  That and Scooby of course.  But would it have hurt them to have Dick Dastardly finally win a race once in a while?  My biggest beef with the show, though (and this is how it relates to Wacky Packages), is those early days of Ebay when every search for "Wacky" would come up with 50% Wacky Races animation cells, 40% Wacky Wobblers, and 10% or less Wacky Packages, so you had to weed through everything to find the good stuff! 

Offline mikecho

Re: Idea for a (fictitious) Wacky cartoon TV show
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 08:23:01 PM »
Who could forget that awesome show.  It was probably my favorite cartoon as a kid, at least for a while.  That and Scooby of course.  But would it have hurt them to have Dick Dastardly finally win a race once in a while?  My biggest beef with the show, though (and this is how it relates to Wacky Packages), is those early days of Ebay when every search for "Wacky" would come up with 50% Wacky Races animation cells, 40% Wacky Wobblers, and 10% or less Wacky Packages, so you had to weed through everything to find the good stuff!
Yes, Wacky Races is one of my favorite Hanna-Barbera series, too, as well as its two spin-offs, Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines and The Perils of Penelope Pitstop.

The only thing I didn't like about the DVD releases of two of these series is that the Wacky Races: The Complete Series DVD set stupidly omitted all of the Announcer's dialogue in every one of the closing credits (except for two episodes (I don't remember which ones they were, though)) and The Perils of Penelope Pitstop: The Complete Series DVD set equally stupidly omitted all of the openings to the following week's episodes at the end of every episode (e.g, "Game of Peril", the next-to-last episode, whose opening segment contained an important part of the entire plot). The Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines DVD set, however, was unedited (as far as I know, that is).

This isn't the first time that whoever owns Hanna-Barbera by now has done this, though. The Space Ghost and Dino Boy: The Complete Series DVD set's order of the Space Ghost segments was completely different from the original broadcast order (I don't know about the order of the Dino Boy in the Lost Valley segments, though; see the Wikipedia article Space Ghost (TV series) for the segment release orders of both versions) and The Herculoids: The Complete Series DVD-R set again stupidly omitted the prologues to the first of the two stories in every episode which came before the opening theme sequence (the one in the second story, however, was left in every time). A prime example of this is the story "The Time Creatures" which opens on Amzot, thousands of years in the future. An alien being named Oton says to a group of others like him "To truly rule the future, we must enter into the past and conquer all those who would stand in our way!" (or worlds to that effect in the second half of the sentence; I only remember the line up to "into the past".) He and his his men then use a time machine to go back in time to Amzot, thousands of years in the past. This is followed by the title card, which is, in turn, followed by the rest of the story. The omission of this important part of the plot (it establishes Oton's motive for what he does later on in the story) is terrible!

And these four series are just the ones that I know about and have actually watched! I mean, people, if you're going to release complete-series-DVD sets, please, at least get them right the first time! Don't give us Saturday morning cartoon fans sub-par products! Who does the final product checks on these things anyway, monkeys?

It's a good thing that this didn't happen (again, as far as I know, that is) to the DVD-R sets of two more of my favorite Hanna-Barbera series, The Atom Ant Show and The Secret Squirrel Show!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 05:45:25 PM by mikecho »

anything