Author Topic: Chrome Altered Art/ Mix-Up Cards  (Read 3778 times)

Offline DrDeal

Chrome Altered Art/ Mix-Up Cards
« on: January 15, 2020, 03:36:52 AM »
Chrome came out six years ago. Time flies. This nine card set is still one of my favorites. Chasing these cards was quite the endeavor. My favorite title is Gadzooka with Minute Lice Lady replacing the Gadzooka Lady. I traded the only Sailem Superfractor from this set for the Gadzooka card, then pulled a Gadzooka out of a pack a week later. Completing this set was a major hobby milestone for me. Too bad there is no Chrome Two set planned.  ;)

Offline Lavirus

Re: Chrome Altered Art/ Mix-Up Cards
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 08:28:52 AM »
These are wicked cool, it's a shame they're impossible to find. 

Offline mikecho

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 12:47:40 PM »
Didn't I see something on here somewhere about there possibly being a 10th one based on Coronation Evaporating Milk?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 02:03:38 PM »
Didn't I see something on here somewhere about there possibly being a 10th one based on Coronation Evaporating Milk?

I am fairly certain there are 9 only. Any info on a tenth one would be appreciated.

Andrew

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 09:15:00 AM »
I like those too and wish they'd do more.

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 09:46:20 AM »
I've been stuck on 7/9 for quite a while now.  If anyone has leads so I can pick up Ajerx and/or Gadzooka, please let me know...

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 08:33:58 AM »
It would be great of someone took a GREAT picture or even better and AWESOME SCAN!!! of the complete 9/9 SET!

Richard
#StayWacky

Online Joe G.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 10:44:54 AM »
Chrome came out six years ago. Time flies. This nine card set is still one of my favorites. Chasing these cards was quite the endeavor. My favorite title is Gadzooka with Minute Lice Lady replacing the Gadzooka Lady. I traded the only Sailem Superfractor from this set for the Gadzooka card, then pulled a Gadzooka out of a pack a week later. Completing this set was a major hobby milestone for me. Too bad there is no Chrome Two set planned.  ;)

Andrew what a classic story!  How many times have collectors pulled the trigger and paid top dollar on a card to complete a set only to have one magically show up in a pack a few days later!  It’s such a cool set.  I remember when the chrome packs went on remainder and you could pick them up for pennies on the dollar.  I bought a few hundred packs at that point that my son and I opened during the holidays that year.  I was a little concerned that he might miss an altered art card as some can be hard to spot.  Well I shouldn’t have been because he had the best pull of the hundreds of cards we went through when he pulled the altered Ajerx!  We went on to get a near complete set (no SuperFractor) of all the Ajerx variations which was very cool.  So you traded the Sailem huh, did you end up with a SuperFractor?

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 05:32:22 PM »
If anyone has one of the cap’n crud ones for sale, please PM me. Thank you!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 04:07:07 AM »
So you traded the Sailem huh, did you end up with a SuperFractor?

I did purchase the Beanball Superfractor from a collector who had about 20 of them and was willing to sell. I feel fortunate that I was able to pick one from his list. I chose Beanball after careful consideration. I think the contrast of the colors and the prismatic effects on that one is stellar.

Andrew

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 10:33:08 AM »
If anyone has one of the cap’n crud ones for sale, please PM me. Thank you!

If anyone has ANY of them for sale, PM me!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 03:57:47 PM »
NOT FOR SALE but sharing:

and......

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 04:31:00 PM »
NOT FOR SALE but sharing:

thanks for the sharp scans! much appreciated

Online Joe G.

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 04:53:40 PM »
I did purchase the Beanball Superfractor from a collector who had about 20 of them and was willing to sell. I feel fortunate that I was able to pick one from his list. I chose Beanball after careful consideration. I think the contrast of the colors and the prismatic effects on that one is stellar.

Andrew

Andrew, agreed the BeanBall looks superb!  I can’t believe someone was able to collect 20 of them!  Even with unlimited resources it would be hard to find that many for sale!  I think most collectors held onto the ones they pulled.

anything