Author Topic: Jay Lynch Artwork signed from 2007/only 20 made  (Read 2729 times)

Offline 70s_Kid

Jay Lynch Artwork signed from 2007/only 20 made
« on: January 09, 2020, 03:31:00 PM »
I am curious to know if anyone else on the forum has this piece?  It is a print of a collage that Jay Lynch did back in 2007 that he signed in Gold pen and drew a small sketch on it as well.  I have 19/20.  Does anyone else have one of these? Does anyone have the original artwork to this piece?  It is now one of my favorite pieces since Jay has passed on...  thanks.  Jeff Mac.

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
Re: Jay Lynch Artwork signed from 2007/only 20 made
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 05:37:58 PM »
I am curious to know if anyone else on the forum has this piece?  It is a print of a collage that Jay Lynch did back in 2007 that he signed in Gold pen and drew a small sketch on it as well.  I have 19/20.  Does anyone else have one of these? Does anyone have the original artwork to this piece?  It is now one of my favorite pieces since Jay has passed on...  thanks.  Jeff Mac.

I do not have it. Wish I did. Its a beautiful piece for sure.

Offline wormypackages

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 07:39:02 PM »

I gave one of these as well but not the original artwork. A very cool item. 

Offline Dracky

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 09:18:30 PM »
I actually worked up this concept and commissioned Jay to create it as a birthday present to my wife who likes Hello Kitty. My twin brother and I had him do two even more intricate Wacky collages... one with a Campy based spooky theme and the other with a Good ‘n Empty/ Metrikill theme...Jay signed limited edition prints with small border sketches were made and sold of those too. We have the original art to all 3 collages.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:20:16 PM by Dracky »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 01:57:04 AM »
I actually worked up this concept and commissioned Jay to create it as a birthday present to my wife who likes Hello Kitty. My twin brother and I had him do two even more intricate Wacky collages... one with a Campy based spooky theme and the other with a Good ‘n Empty/ Metrikill theme...Jay signed limited edition prints with small border sketches were made and sold of those too. We have the original art to all 3 collages.

Do you have good scans of the three originals you could post?

Offline Dracky

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 06:45:53 AM »
My brother has the Metrikill one so I’ll ask him if he can post. I’ll work on posting the other two.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 09:36:54 AM »
My brother has the Metrikill one so I’ll ask him if he can post. I’ll work on posting the other two.

Thanks!  Scans of the original artwork always look sharper.

Offline Croca-Cola

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 06:10:38 PM »
Jay did an amazing job with my Metrekill/Good and Empty collage concept. I will always treasure the original art! When I first received the piece, I thought the cute little creature in the foreground was a "seal". Here is Jay's response to me  :]

"David,  It's not a seal.  It's a Shmoo.  The Shmoo (1947) was the first
object of the post-war cartoon character licensing boom...for toy and
novelty products.   It made Al  Capp millions of dollars, which he promptly
re-invested in his second big marketing idea, togas for men to replace
business suits .   The toga  idea didn't work out...and Capp was back
where he started.
Jay

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 03:27:07 PM »
These pieces are awesome (like Jay).  I wonder if Wacky Packages really will die in 2108, though (as indicated on the tombstone)?  By then, of course, they'll all be presented directly onto our occipital nerve remotely by Facebook using a laser-burst sent from our Apple Augmented Reality googles, all controlled by Amazon and powered by Google... involuntarily... based on our user data algorithms.  Can't really PSA-grade THAT and trade it!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 07:24:36 PM »

I think I have two of the three, as I recall.  Never got the third, unfortunately.  Don't recall where I got them.

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2020, 06:12:05 AM »
That's great, I love collages!

anything