Author Topic: Tis' the Season...for Fruitcake! Happy Holidays from the Cameras  (Read 6997 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Tis' the Season...for Fruitcake! Happy Holidays from the Cameras
« on: December 22, 2019, 01:33:21 PM »
Hope your holidays are extra fruity!

Offline wormypackages

Re: Tis' the Season...for Fruitcake! Happy Holidays from the Cameras
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 01:44:58 PM »

Very cool!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 02:53:52 PM »

One of your best camera gags/paintings, and that's saying something! Happy Holidays!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 03:32:37 PM »

That's great Neil!  Thanks so much, and hope you and your family have an extra fruity holiday too!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 03:34:10 PM by RawGoo »

Offline paulygsparodies

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 04:09:45 PM »

Kudos, Mr. Camera, you've still got it.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 04:19:02 PM »
Thanks all! So, in the spirit of the holidays, I'd like to give "Frutifilm" a good home. Between now and January 1, I encourage everyone to give to their favorite charity. Just post here, and let me know that you donated to a cause (any cause, any amount). I don't need proof. This is a "scout's honor" thing. All I really need to know that you want to be included in the drawing.

I'll pick one name on Jan 2, 2020 and that person will receive the "Frutifilm" art. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

PS - For those who've already made a recent donation to a cause, you're eligible, too. Just post your name and you'll be included in the drawing, too.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 04:22:02 PM by koduck »

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 06:40:58 PM »
You should do a Wacky subset of all the holiday spoofs you've done! My son the photographer loves them.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 07:36:14 PM »
Neil, just superb!  It wouldn’t be the Holidays without a Camera, camera parody!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2019, 05:40:57 AM »
Thank you for always giving us a great "Wacky" holiday card, it is much appreciated,
and this one is another winner!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2019, 07:22:43 AM »

To quote Homer Simpson: "MMMMMMMMM...fruitcake camera!"

Offline mikecho

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2019, 08:56:29 AM »
Patrick, get ready for another addition!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2019, 02:31:56 PM »
Thanks all! So, in the spirit of the holidays, I'd like to give "Frutifilm" a good home. Between now and January 1, I encourage everyone to give to their favorite charity. Just post here, and let me know that you donated to a cause (any cause, any amount). I don't need proof. This is a "scout's honor" thing. All I really need to know that you want to be included in the drawing.

I'll pick one name on Jan 2, 2020 and that person will receive the "Frutifilm" art. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

PS - For those who've already made a recent donation to a cause, you're eligible, too. Just post your name and you'll be included in the drawing, too.

I will chime in.  When I shop on Amazon, I always login to smile.amazon.com which allows 1% of all your purchases to be donated to a charity of your choosing.  I chose the Red Cross as my charity so they get a small donation everytime I purchase something on Amazon.  If you never tried it, give smile.amazon.com a chance!!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2019, 02:46:46 PM »
I am in, We donated to the SPCA and St Jude's Children Hospital. Love the Fruitcake Neil !!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2019, 09:57:31 PM »
Year of the animal. Blue Chip Animal Refuge and the SPCA and I'm looking into other Cat Sanctuaries in the area. Please enter me Neil.  Thanks.

Jim

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2019, 10:33:00 PM »
Mr Neil
You always FOCUSED on the good.  ;)

Donations to Lakota Indian Tribe Orphans, World Wildlife Fund, American Cancer Society

Stay cool brother
Mike

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2019, 03:22:42 AM »
Thanks Neil. Your Holiday Cheer is appreciated as always. Donations to The Wounded Warrior Project and NutritionFacts.org. Please enter me.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2019, 04:21:23 AM »
I will chime in.  When I shop on Amazon, I always login to smile.amazon.com which allows 1% of all your purchases to be donated to a charity of your choosing.  I chose the Red Cross as my charity so they get a small donation everytime I purchase something on Amazon.  If you never tried it, give smile.amazon.com a chance!!

I use smile.amazon too - it's very easy.  Separately, this year I gave to Toys for Tots, and Meals on Wheels (I love when they have a 100% match!)

Offline drono

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2019, 08:20:22 AM »
Donations to Lakota Indian Tribe Orphans

Very cool!  We did three mission trips to the Sioux at the Standing Rock Reservation in North and South Dakota, and we're the "adopted" grandparents of one of the children born to a girl that we met while we were there.

Offline Mr._Stubble

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2019, 08:32:06 AM »

Wounded Warriors for me Neil, but that was in the first week of December.  If that doesn't count because it wasn't in the specified time frame, don't worry about it.

Frutifilm kicks booty btw!

Melski

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2019, 10:58:19 AM »
Great work, Neil!  This is a wonderful companion piece to the gingerbread camera!

Multiple donations to Angel Farm Animal Rescue, this season and throughout the year.  Please enter my name in the drawing if you would be so kind.  Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Rob

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2019, 11:28:08 AM »
Wacky Furitcakes Camera Man!

I donated to the Fraternal Order of Police and the SPCA!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2019, 03:28:11 PM »
Wounded Warriors for me Neil, but that was in the first week of December.  If that doesn't count because it wasn't in the specified time frame, don't worry about it.

Frutifilm kicks booty btw!

Melski

Of course that counts! There's no wrong way to donate to a worthy cause!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2019, 05:16:59 PM »
Plenty fruity xmas at my house, lol!
Donated recently to the SF Marin food bank and the MS Society - and several others earlier in the year...

Alex

Offline drono

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2019, 05:06:49 AM »
We're having to sell my mother's house to pay for her care in an assisted living facility, so this month we donated all of her furniture and most of her clothes to a thrift store ministry that employs and helps wounded veterans and recovering drug addicts.

Offline wormypackages

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2019, 07:44:10 AM »
I donated to the American Cancer Society, No More Kids with Cancer, and the local Veterans group. 

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2019, 09:01:01 AM »
I donated to St. Jude's Cancer Center and to Wikipedia, to help keep the site alive, just to name a couple.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2019, 11:59:03 AM »
I donated to the American Cancer Society, No More Kids with Cancer, and the local Veterans group.

I too as well donate to a Veterans Association.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2019, 03:30:40 PM »
Neil,  Love the 'Camera' gag!  We donate every year to Children's National Hospital in Washnigton, DC.  They are really good with kids.  My son had heart surgery there a while back.  It is nice to know there are places out there there are great with kids when they really need it.  Definitely a worthy donation! - Bill
Still looking for Series 17

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2019, 05:32:33 PM »
We donate to our local fire department.  It is an all-volunteer department, as I believe all in Nassau & Suffolk counties are, and they rely on donations from their constituents.  Not a charity per se, but it slipped my mind until Veterans’ organizations were mentioned.  I figured this was somewhat similar.

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2019, 06:33:47 PM »
Neil,
  It's so nice to see how everyone donates and has kind hearts. People tend to donate towards what has effected them or their lives. For us its the Alzheimer's Association. My father was affected at age 55.
  Thank you for the wonderful thread!

Offline Rictor

• Card For Sale
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2019, 10:21:17 PM »
I donated to the local Children's Museum, zoo, and Connor Prairie, so low-income families can go for free.

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2019, 06:00:05 AM »
I donated to the local Children's Museum, zoo, and Connor Prairie, so low-income families can go for free.

Shout-out to what appears to be a fellow Hoosier!
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2019, 06:25:10 AM »
Great job Neil!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2019, 08:32:35 AM »
Great job, Neil, on both the Wacky and your generosity in encouraging generosity!  I gave recently to the Dane County Humane Society and the Deerfield Historical Society (and the amazon.smile for the local public schools.  Super easy way to donate if anyone hasn't tried that route yet).

Happy Holidays to you, Neil, and all the Wacky folks out there!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2020, 08:45:50 AM »
Happy New Years Everyone! I hope your 2020 is off to a great start! Personally, I'm happy to leave 2019 behind, but 'm thrilled to see it was a year full of giving to worthy causes. I decided to focus on local food banks and animal shelters last year, but it's nice to see so many different ways everyone chose to give, from veteran's associations to food banks to cancer research!

So, in the spirit of giving, I put the names of forum member's who posted here or in a private message in a hat and randomly picked one to recieve my Camera holiday 2019 artwork "Frutifilm". Congratulations to DR ONO! Please send me your address in a private message and I will mail your artwork! And once again, kudos to the Wacky forum. You're some of the most generous people I know!

anything