Author Topic: Uses for ANS7 blank card inserts  (Read 12948 times)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
Re: Uses for ANS7 blank card inserts
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2010, 10:03:38 PM »
They do bring back memories of the Snatch-a-Pak boxes!  I remember how cool it was to open the boxes on the sides and use the box as a bowl.  Of course those variety packs always had some cereals in them that kids would never eat.  Who wants plain ol' Corn Flakes when there are Sugar Smacks to be had!

I'd forgotten about using the box as a bowl! That came in handy while camping.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 11:11:36 PM »
I'd forgotten about using the box as a bowl! That came in handy while camping.

That's right, they were even perforated so you could turn them into a bowl.  I don't think they are still like that.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:20:54 PM by Sue Mee »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 12:07:38 AM »
They do bring back memories of the Snatch-a-Pak boxes!  I remember how cool it was to open the boxes on the sides and use the box as a bowl.  Of course those variety packs always had some cereals in them that kids would never eat.  Who wants plain ol' Corn Flakes when there are Sugar Smacks to be had!
Remember all those cereals with titles that started with the word "sugar"? Hard to imagine now. Though I'm noticing that more and more products are bragging that they now use sugar instead of fructose corn syrup and throw "naturally sweetened" on the packaging. Log Cabin and Heinz Ketchup just joined the ranks.

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 03:41:35 AM »
Remember all those cereals with titles that started with the word "sugar"? Hard to imagine now. Though I'm noticing that more and more products are bragging that they now use sugar instead of fructose corn syrup and throw "naturally sweetened" on the packaging. Log Cabin and Heinz Ketchup just joined the ranks.

Just goes to show if you are lucky enough to trod around on this ol' planet  long enough that the pendulum always swings back. Eggs are bad for you, eggs are good for you. etc, etc.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 12:17:52 PM »
Always loved the snatch-a-pak's as a kid -- my grandmother had those for when we slept over at her house. I seem to remember there were ones that always went first and one that always ended up being last (probably All Bran). Never did use them as a bowl but thought that was neat.

I ended up buying two of each of the Cereal Boxes so I could open one set and keep the other sealed (like I need to have more saved stuff! DOH!). Really wish they had done new art all the way around the boxes though -- THAT would have been cool.

Mine didn't ship until yesterday though, so I probably won't get 'em until next week. Dang. I ordered them as soon as they were on the Topps site too. Sigh.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2010, 12:22:23 PM »
These things look so much like a Kellog's "Snack-Pack" (6 of the small boxes of cereal) the checkout woman at Wal*mart literally did a double take when she scanned it and it rang up $14.98. She checked the readout then looked at the item carefully  and laughed and said, "I thought it was cereal".

I got my batch of cereal boxes in today and they are certainly smaller than I expected, and I can see the "snatch-a-pack" comparison.  They are kind of cool.  I haven't opened them up yet though. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2010, 12:45:12 PM »
I got my batch of cereal boxes in today and they are certainly smaller than I expected, and I can see the "snatch-a-pack" comparison.  They are kind of cool.  I haven't opened them up yet though. 

How big are they Rob.  Mine were supposed to show up today but now it says Friday.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2010, 12:58:57 PM »
How big are they Rob.  Mine were supposed to show up today but now it says Friday.

They are roughly the same size as the "Snatch-A-Pak"s and are packaged in the same fashion except there are 3 in one row rather than two rows of three each. I don't know, when I saw them in person they are exactly as a had imagined since I thought they were supposed to be like the "Snatch-a-Pak".
On an aside, here is Sue Bee asking about "size" again.

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 01:09:30 PM »

They are roughly the same size as the "Snatch-A-Pak"s and are packaged in the same fashion except there are 3 in one row rather than two rows of three each. I don't know, when I saw them in person they are exactly as a had imagined since I thought they were supposed to be like the "Snatch-a-Pak".
On an aside, here is Sue Bee asking about "size" again.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 01:10:32 PM »

They are roughly 2.75" (w) x 4" (h) x 1.75" (d)
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2010, 01:44:39 PM »
They are roughly 2.75" (w) x 4" (h) x 1.75" (d)

Thanks!
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

anything