Author Topic: A Holiday Announcement  (Read 19151 times)

Online Joe G.

A Holiday Announcement
« on: November 21, 2019, 07:26:50 AM »
So Paul Harris and I got to talking about the return of the Holiday Treat this year, which we last did in 2016, and it went something like this.  “I don’t know Paul it’s lotta work and a lotta time not sure I can spearhead it.”  To which Paul replied “Tell ya what I’ll do it and make it twice as big as last time.” To which I replied “You sure? it’s a bit to take on.”  But he insisted and here we are. 

I’m proud to announce the Holiday Parody Treat 2019. With not 3, not 4, no not even 5 or 6 but 8 artists joining in on the fun.  Paul not only doubled our last set but did two better and I’m blown away by what he’s accomplished!  Who’s part of the festivities you may ask, well I’ll tell ya. We have the Wacky Santa himself Neil Camera, ‘Off The Mark’s’ Mark Parisi, that Wacky Monster Chad Scheres, the Netherlands funniest parody artist Vincenzo ‘Chenduz’ D'Ippolito, the finest draftsman ever to hold a mechanical pencil Jon Gregory, Mr. ‘Fearsome Weirdo’ himself Robert Jimenez, the great gag meister Paul Harris and even yours truly contributed art and gags (and we may still get a last minute guest artist and an extra surprise?)  So I know the next burning question, “How can I acquire this rare Holiday delight for myself?” Well that’s easy!  If anyone who’s been a forum member since the beginning of this year wants a set, just pm me by ‪Nov 30‬ with 'Holiday Treat 2019' in the subject line, send me your mailing address and that’s it, a Holiday Treat postcard set will be yours in time for the Holidays.

In the spirit of the holidays, this is all "gratis" to the Forum and its great members and fans, no need to do or send anything, but simply sit back and enjoy!

Paul and I are thrilled to be able to do this once again and can’t thank the artists enough for all their wonderful contributions.  All mailings will (hopefully) go out by the second week of December so everyone should get them in time for the Holidays.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 07:32:56 AM by Joe G. »

Online Joe G.

Re: A Holiday Announcement
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 08:00:54 AM »
Also as requests are already coming in, I’ll be collating all names after Thanksgiving and sending out confirmations then.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 11:17:19 AM »
Joe! Thank you and the other artists involved with this. Such an amazing thing you guys are doing here for everyone.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 12:58:36 PM »
Looking forward to seeing all of them! Thanks for letting me contribute!!

Online Joe G.

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 01:20:13 PM »
Looking forward to seeing all of them! Thanks for letting me contribute!!

Chad, we wouldn’t do a set without you! 

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 01:53:17 PM »
This is fantastic news!  Thank you very much, gentlemen, for making this holiday season extra special!

Offline paulygsparodies

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 02:10:56 PM »
 ;) This is awesome news, I can't wait!

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 02:57:42 PM »
This is great and very generous! Thanks to all!

Online Joe G.

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 03:50:44 PM »
This is fantastic news!  Thank you very much, gentlemen, for making this holiday season extra special!

Robert, our pleasure!  We’ll have to get you involved next year with one of your ideas!

Online Joe G.

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 03:58:07 PM »
;) This is awesome news, I can't wait!

Pauly, me too!  As Paul is shipping these this year I won’t be getting a set until everyone does!

Online Joe G.

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 04:00:05 PM »
This is great and very generous! Thanks to all!

Daryl, you’re welcome!  The artists really brought the goods this year and it will fill the Wacky Holiday needs of every fan!

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2019, 04:58:03 PM »
Yay for this Holiday treat!
Brian Mc

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2019, 05:09:01 PM »
This is really fan-tastic :)
A huge thank you to you and Mr. Harris :)))

Jeff

Offline quas

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2019, 06:22:55 PM »
PM merrily sent!  Thank you to all who are making this possible!
Marc

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2019, 07:23:25 PM »
the collection is incredible, you will all be very pleased! 

Joe and I couldn't do this without help from a lot of generous, wonderful artists, and I wish we could
have made this an even bigger set, maybe next year?

Let's get by this holiday first, though, no?   8)

Online mikecho

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2019, 07:39:03 PM »
PM sent; thanks a lot!

Offline mlmtf6

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2019, 09:54:54 PM »
Amazing...  Happy holidays and thanks so much!

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2019, 10:30:40 PM »
PM sent from me.  You guys are the forum's Wacky Santa!  Now we'll all have something to look forward to after we all peruse our Old School 8 series.

Online Joe G.

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2019, 11:42:18 PM »
Brian, Jeff, Marc, Mike, Debra and Paul, it’s a pleasure and is really a testament to Paul Harris’s boundless energy and enthusiasm for Wackys!  The artwork is wonderful but Paul is really the catalyst that made it all happen!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2019, 03:00:16 AM »
Thanks to all the artists involved in this altruistic endeavor. You guys honor our hobby by spreading good cheer at this time of the year.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Andrew

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2019, 07:04:08 AM »
Looking forward to it, hoping that Satan brings me what I want.  >:D

Offline zerostreet

• The Art of Robert Jimenez
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2019, 07:12:19 AM »
Glad to be able to contribute a piece to this project!
The Art of Robert Jimenez
www.zerostreet.com

Online Joe G.

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2019, 06:54:26 PM »
Andrew and Mitchell, it’s our pleasure and Robert your piece is wonderful and very festive!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2019, 06:57:56 PM »
Did you get my PM, Joe G.?

Offline cardnut

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2019, 07:11:03 PM »
Thanks to all the artists involved with this awesome Holiday Treat!! PM Sent.  :great: :great: :great: :great:

Online Joe G.

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2019, 10:58:51 PM »
I did Darryl so you are all set and David you’re welcome!

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2019, 04:41:31 AM »
So Paul Harris and I got to talking about the return of the Holiday Treat this year, which we last did in 2016, and it went something like this.  “I don’t know Paul it’s lotta work and a lotta time not sure I can spearhead it.”  To which Paul replied “Tell ya what I’ll do it and make it twice as big as last time.” To which I replied “You sure? it’s a bit to take on.”  But he insisted and here we are. 

I’m proud to announce the Holiday Parody Treat 2019. With not 3, not 4, no not even 5 or 6 but 8 artists joining in on the fun.  Paul not only doubled our last set but did two better and I’m blown away by what he’s accomplished!  Who’s part of the festivities you may ask, well I’ll tell ya. We have the Wacky Santa himself Neil Camera, ‘Off The Mark’s’ Mark Parisi, that Wacky Monster Chad Scheres, the Netherlands funniest parody artist Vincenzo ‘Chenduz’ D'Ippolito, the finest draftsman ever to hold a mechanical pencil Jon Gregory, Mr. ‘Fearsome Weirdo’ himself Robert Jimenez, the great gag meister Paul Harris and even yours truly contributed art and gags (and we may still get a last minute guest artist and an extra surprise?)  So I know the next burning question, “How can I acquire this rare Holiday delight for myself?” Well that’s easy!  If anyone who’s been a forum member since the beginning of this year wants a set, just pm me by ‪Nov 30‬ with 'Holiday Treat 2019' in the subject line, send me your mailing address and that’s it, a Holiday Treat postcard set will be yours in time for the Holidays.

In the spirit of the holidays, this is all "gratis" to the Forum and its great members and fans, no need to do or send anything, but simply sit back and enjoy!

Paul and I are thrilled to be able to do this once again and can’t thank the artists enough for all their wonderful contributions.  All mailings will (hopefully) go out by the second week of December so everyone should get them in time for the Holidays.
Sent pm. Thank you for showing real holiday spirit.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2019, 06:49:47 AM »
THX JOE - THIS IS GREAT - ONCE AGAIN YOU'VE OUTDONE YOURSELF - PM SENT!! JUST CONFIRM RECEIPT THX

HAPPY THANKSGIVING - YOU MIGHT SEE ME ON THE PARADE ROUTE - WITH A WACKY SIGN**** NEAR THE END OF THE PARADE!!!

Online Joe G.

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2019, 08:59:43 AM »
Frank, you’re welcome and Joe all confirmations will go out after Thanksgiving but don’t worry, you’re good!  Also Thanksgiving’s parade which Thanksgiving parade?  The only one I know is the Macy’s one!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2019, 11:22:45 AM »
Robert, our pleasure!  We’ll have to get you involved next year with one of your ideas!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Joe.  It would be both an honor and a real pleasure!

Online Joe G.

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2019, 08:47:49 AM »
Quick Note:  i’ve gotten a few requests directly to my email address.  Please PM through the forum as that’s how I keep track.  I can’t promise you’ll get one unless you PM.  Right after Thanksgiving I’ll go through, collate all names and PM confirmations back to everyone.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2019, 05:09:23 PM »
Thank you sooooo very much my Wacky Friend!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2019, 05:41:14 PM »
Frank, you’re welcome and Joe all confirmations will go out after Thanksgiving but don’t worry, you’re good!  Also Thanksgiving’s parade which Thanksgiving parade?  The only one I know is the Macy’s one!

yes that on of course...its going to be windy right now the balloons are on hold -----we will see....WE NEED A WACKY BALLOON !!! I WILL MENTION IT TO THEM!!! :] :] :] :]

Online Joe G.

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2019, 07:29:54 PM »
Richard, you know it and Joe a Wacky Packs balloon in the Macy’s parade would be so killer!

Online Joe G.

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2019, 10:11:51 AM »
All Holiday Treat confirmations have been sent out.  Please check your inbox and if you haven't been confirmed please PM me.