Author Topic: ANS 7 Review  (Read 106117 times)

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
Re: ANS 7 Review
« Reply #385 on: November 08, 2010, 07:55:13 PM »
Yeah, I'm curious too. I want one!  ;D

I'll have to ask her what she bought because the forum is demanding it! I'll let you know when I find out myself, but, of course, it could just be random. Maybe you have to just keeping buying things until you get one.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #386 on: November 08, 2010, 08:05:38 PM »
It could be a regional thing also.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #387 on: November 08, 2010, 08:07:07 PM »
I'll have to ask her what she bought because the forum is demanding it! I'll let you know when I find out myself, but, of course, it could just be random. Maybe you have to just keeping buying things until you get one.
OK, so who is going to be the first member to purchase a full gravity feed and ask for each pack to be rung up separately?

Hey, that neat coupon pays for about the half the tax on a set of 3 cereal boxes! My 2 Targets have run out of Series 7 and so far have not restocked, so it might be a challenge for me to use a Wacky coupon before December 27. I wonder if Target offers a rain check on their receipt coupons. It might be fun to ask one of their less intelligent staff, just to watch the fear in their eyes.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #388 on: November 09, 2010, 03:16:02 AM »
ArmorMaul final. A bit of a bad scan. His nose is actually magenta not that dull pink. The car is my Mini Cooper.

And the rough. I did the rough for one of the earlier ANS and I think it was never actually seen by them. The picture has the old version of the product. I had to update at the last minute when I saw they completely redesigned it.
So now that ANS7 has had it's run does Topps declare it a success? Possibly enough to warrant another series?

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #389 on: November 09, 2010, 09:30:22 AM »
OK, I found out what my wife bought to trigger a Wacky Packages coupon from the register. A scarf. Everyone knows Wacky collectors have cold necks.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #390 on: November 09, 2010, 12:45:07 PM »
OK, I found out what my wife bought to trigger a Wacky Packages coupon from the register. A scarf. Everyone knows Wacky collectors have cold necks.

I think it could be just a random thing. The scarf confused the fuzzy logic and it spit out a WP coupon.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #391 on: November 14, 2010, 10:06:29 AM »
My wife got this with her receipt when she shopped at Target today. I don't know if I should use it or keep it.

I just got one of these coupons today - although I was actually buying a few packs to go with the gravity feed I was taking that looked like it needed a new home....

I'm wondering if these coupons are being generated for credit cards that were previously used to buy ANS7 wackys from Target? Was that scarf bought with the same CC as wackys in the past?

I'm not sure what to do with the coupon. Use it, keep it, put it on ebay?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #392 on: November 14, 2010, 10:20:31 AM »
I just got one of these coupons today - although I was actually buying a few packs to go with the gravity feed I was taking that looked like it needed a new home....

I'm wondering if these coupons are being generated for credit cards that were previously used to buy ANS7 wackys from Target? Was that scarf bought with the same CC as wackys in the past?

I'm not sure what to do with the coupon. Use it, keep it, put it on ebay?

I shopped at Target last Sunday and used a credit card that I had used to buy a full ANS7 gravity feed when they first came out, so while that might be a factor, it's not a guarantee.

I'm going to go back this week and see if I get one - I think getting a Wacky coupon would be cool!  For the 50¢, I'll hold onto it.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #393 on: November 14, 2010, 11:54:14 AM »

That would make sense. The same credit card was used.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #394 on: January 07, 2011, 12:32:30 PM »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #395 on: January 07, 2011, 12:36:04 PM »
I wonder why this sketch went so high? $825
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-ANS-7-Sketch-Card-KENTUCKY-FRIED-FINGERS-/110630269819

It's definitely a nice one but the ANS7 sketch prices have dropped considerably so it is surprising.  I wonder if that guy ever sold that Slaytex/Zapata sketch?  I think he had it as low as $250.00 last time I saw it!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #396 on: January 08, 2011, 06:22:08 AM »
While doing my voting last week I was looking at Seagerms, and am wondering why it says "chloroplat" instead of "chloroplast".  Am I missing a gag?  Sure wouldn't be the first time!   :-\

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #397 on: April 20, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »
I'm selling some Wacky roughs from ANS7:

http://offthemark.com/WPANS7Roughs.htm

Contact me if you're interested in any.

(Vampire 2 is sold)
(Mrs. Blabbermouth is sold)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:33:22 PM by Gurgle »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #398 on: May 19, 2011, 10:07:40 AM »

I just noticed in the new Non-Sport Update price-guide that they list the sketch cards as follows...........

Brent Engstrom = $310.00
Others = $100.00

I wonder who they talked to get that information.  None of the sketch cards could be bought for $100.00 and all of the 4 artists were fairly close in value, with Jeff Zapata's selling a little lower than the others.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #399 on: May 19, 2011, 10:20:26 AM »
I just noticed in the new Non-Sport Update price-guide that they list the sketch cards as follows...........

Brent Engstrom = $310.00
Others = $100.00

I wonder who they talked to get that information.  None of the sketch cards could be bought for $100.00 and all of the 4 artists were fairly close in value, with Jeff Zapata's selling a little lower than the others.

That is very odd. I would think they would get their info from completed auctions. You also can't value a sketch by the artist only. It depends on the sketch.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #400 on: July 16, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »
I think you can safely say that Mouse Mix, Spread Bull, Yubang, Crispux and Iris Stings are John Zeleznik so those can be added to the list.

That leaves only Mrs. Blabbermouth's as the only title with a mystery painter.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #401 on: July 17, 2011, 10:32:19 AM »
That leaves only Mrs. Blabbermouth's as the only title with a mystery painter.

Isn't that one by Jason Edmiston?

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #402 on: July 20, 2011, 08:35:48 AM »
Isn't that one by Jason Edmiston?
Yes, Mark A. confirmed it is Jason.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #403 on: July 24, 2011, 10:02:14 PM »
Yes, Mark A. confirmed it is Jason.

Good Card! Nice combo of art and parody.  :great:
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #404 on: July 25, 2011, 09:56:37 AM »
Good Card! Nice combo of art and parody.  :great:

That one is probably my overall favorite of the series. Love the facial expression and holding up five fingers, which is subtle and easy to miss. Also great artwork on the glass.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #405 on: July 25, 2011, 04:07:15 PM »
That one is probably my overall favorite of the series. Love the facial expression and holding up five fingers, which is subtle and easy to miss. Also great artwork on the glass.

I agree. Great painting. It's not glass, it's plastic, and I think he captured the more subdued reflection.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #406 on: July 25, 2011, 09:38:55 PM »

I agree. Great painting. It's not glass, it's plastic, and I think he captured the more subdued reflection.

Ah yes -- I am remembering back to the last time I actually had the real product, and it was glass. Seriously. That long ago...

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2011, 09:41:41 PM »
Ah yes -- I am remembering back to the last time I actually had the real product, and it was glass. Seriously. That long ago...

And it was made with real butter too.  I think it started out saying "made with 2% butter" and then it changed to 1% and then any reference to butter disappeared.
We have a bottle of it in our cupboard.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:43:37 PM by Sue Mee »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys