Author Topic: ANS 7 Review  (Read 106784 times)

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
RE: ANS 7 Review
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2010, 05:15:21 PM »
Here are some roughs next to the finished pieces. I love what the artists have done! I'm also not sure which artists painted which.

Very cool!
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2010, 05:32:18 PM »
Here are some roughs next to the finished pieces. I love what the artists have done! I'm also not sure which artists painted which.

Thanks for sharing those Mark!  I wonder why they changed Hunks?  "Dashing" seems to go better with the preening tomatoes than the weight lifters.  Maybe they didn't want the "au naturale" line.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2010, 05:40:37 PM »
I LOVE the line, "The doll with a heart (sold separately)"!

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2010, 05:51:13 PM »
Thanks for sharing those Mark!  I wonder why they changed Hunks?  "Dashing" seems to go better with the preening tomatoes than the weight lifters.  Maybe they didn't want the "au naturale" line.

I like the final, but the sketch makes more sense to me too.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2010, 06:05:27 PM »

I would have saved this comment for the reviews thread but I can't wait until we get to this title (which is another reason why I don't have patience for the review threads).

I think the finished painting for Grape Newts is fantastic!  The witch and the little purple newt coming out of the top of the box are incredible!!  Kudos to whoever painted this one!  Somebody please fill us in on who it was!!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2010, 06:12:50 PM »
Congrats to Jerry for a nice score on his sketch card! It actually went higher than I thought it would. I stand by my $1000 price range for the sketches. It just depends on the sketch. Jerry got $700 and it wasn't an iconic wacky. I hope to see more show up and hope there are other cool ones.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2010, 06:18:57 PM »
There has been more activity than previously, but still not a lot. I don't recall any great finds or pulls posted only there. Maybe we need a beat reporter on that forum for the shut-outs here   ;) .
Yeah, all I care about is if cool find images are posted or posted for sale and trade offerings.  Like I said, when I log in there, I rarely see more than one or two people online at peak times like now so I figured it can't amount to much. Beat reporter idea is a good one.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2010, 06:26:32 PM »
Yeah, all I care about is if cool find images are posted or posted for sale and trade offerings.  Like I said, when I log in there, I rarely see more than one or two people online at peak times like now so I figured it can't amount to much. Beat reporter idea is a good one.

At this very moment we have 28 people on the forum.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2010, 06:31:29 PM »
At this very moment we have 28 people on the forum.
I show 2 being logged on at greg's place:

- you are logged in -

It is now Monday 9:26 pm, August 30, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Active Users:   Wrestle_Crush   Fanatical_and_Sickly   
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2010, 06:47:08 PM »

thanks for posting these! always great to see how the idea moves from sketch to final painting

at the top of my list would be Raven Bran. Man, there is *so* much more going on in the painting than the sketch, the artist really took it up a notch. A more realistic look to the raven, great color, very well rendered and good jokes.

at the other end would be Smuggler's. There's no detailing on the glass like the real jar has. And the change from 'concealing grape jelly' to 'stowaway jam' is a total fail, as jelly is clear and jam is not, while stowaway specifically refers to a person hiding away on a craft, and has nothing to do with stealing jewelry.

in between is Grape Newts - absolutely fantastic rendering of the witch and newts. Good play on the cereal title. But lizards aren't newts, so that knocks it down a big notch.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:17:57 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2010, 06:47:37 PM »
Congrats to Jerry for a nice score on his sketch card! It actually went higher than I thought it would. I stand by my $1000 price range for the sketches. It just depends on the sketch. Jerry got $700 and it wasn't an iconic wacky. I hope to see more show up and hope there are other cool ones.

Thank you. Thank you. (I bow as roses are thrown at my feet). It went higher than I initially thought. I am pleased.

I see that a Play-Dumb by Jay Lynch setch just went up. It is a beautiful sketch. Looking forward to seeing how it does.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-ANS-7-Wacky-Packages-ANS7-Sketch-Jay-Lynch-1-1-/320583735057?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa4479711

I guess I'll swing by Target again tomorrow and see if they have restocked. if so I'll buy some more packs and see if I can't pull another sketch...yeah right!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2010, 06:49:02 PM »
I show 2 being logged on at greg's place:

- you are logged in -

It is now Monday 9:26 pm, August 30, 2010

Active Users:   Wrestle_Crush   Fanatical_and_Sickly   
LOL! and that's only because I forgot to log out.
I check it once in awhile, but it's mostly just Ron talking to himself, in (Rons') "style"

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2010, 08:00:55 PM »
Patrick, sometimes I wish you didn't know so much.

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2010, 08:06:40 PM »
LOL! and that's only because I forgot to log out.
I check it once in awhile, but it's mostly just Ron talking to himself, in (Rons') "style"

Now that is funny.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline PureElf

« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2010, 08:24:21 PM »
This is my first post on the forums!! I just recently got the new series base set, so i have a quick review on all 55 cards.  ;D

The Package; Finally..purple! I love the new purple and silky smooth, white borderd layout...really improved the package. A+

1. Ghoul Scouts; Great spoof, been waiting for this one for awhile...love the thin mint cookies in real life..good spoof. A
2. Play Doze; Sweet. Simple. Too the point. But..not that much of a spoof; but it's cute. A-
3. Just For Wolfmen; I don't really get it..or understand it..I just didn't really enjoy at as much. C+
4. Dorkitos; Okay...I love it..not much writing, but I love the dorky chips! A+
5. Chickless; Clever..I like it..not my favourite..but I like it. B+
6. Hugry-Mantis; Since, I'm not a big TV Dinner fan...i don't like it that much, but it's really funny. C
7. Bumpkin Dimwits; I'm a BIG Dunkin' Donuts fan..so to see a spoof I went balistic! A
8. V6; Sweet and to the point. I like it. B
9. Burnt Bees I use their chapstick..it actually does burn! A-
10. Seagerms; Ginger Algae! I thought it was ginger ale..i guess i wont be drinking much of that soon... B-
11. Cutz; Emo much? lol..the chips do look tasty :P  B+
12. Bruise's; The good ol' Reese's spoof of ANS7! Like it a lot..but I loved ANS2's better... B
13. Twitley; Wow..I like how they made a point! A
14. Boredom; Poor cows..lol..I drank and read it..it made me sleepy! C+
15. Death Savers; OMGoodness! no wonder why my family got rid of them...I thought they helped life. A
16. Stupid Pretzel; I'm not twisted..but that pretzel look uhmm uhmm good :) .. A-
17. Kreepy Kreme; The chocolate sprinkled one did look good... B-
18. Mtn Dude; I loved ANS4's a bit better..but this is my second one! Like the old hillbilly! B
19. Ditz; Just like my teachers..should give em to them! A
20. Flabreze; yay fat jokes! lol..i guess. I liked it a lot..funny. B+
21. Smuggler's; Very short..but I love the stereotypical angry woman in the back! B-
22. Air Sick; Lol...great environmental joke. A
23. Pinkies; Yay finally a twinkie spoof! A+
24. Honey Tomb; Just a simple LOL. B+
25. Bite A Man Water; Love it! Vitamin Water..i drink it! lol. A+
26. Bunyuns; I love Funyuns..finally a spoof. I love this series. A
27. 'Fraid; Eww.. a cockroach lmfao. C+
28. Grape-Newts; Aww! Newts lol their cute. B-
29. Molten Salt; Firey salt..Lol really cool. B+
30. Iris Stings; Lol..it does.. C+
31. County Time; Lol...haha..I love how the fat cop is drinking while the jail person is working! A-
32. Mrs. Blabber-Mouth's; Syrup! Lol Me likey. B
33. Raven Bran; Raisin Bran..Yummy..but with Raven's :-P B+
34. Simian Toes Crunch;  Lol I love it..a monkey with glasses. A+
35. Hunks; Hunky tomatoes..ughh. C-
36. Ruffled; Chips..that are pissed.. B-
37. Tiny Cats; OMG! that's so mean..  :o  C-
38. Baby Battle Pops; aww..babies..lol they're having a war..funny. A-
39. Head & Smolders; That person's on fiyahh! B+
40. Vampire; I'd be scared sh**less if I find a bat in my marshmallows. A
41. Stuffer's; The best Stouffer's spoof ever. I love the cracked teeth. A+
42. Armor Maul; Not my favorite. Said and done. C+
43. Log Coffin; Lol the coffin is made of tree wood :-P B-
44. Old Slice; I use Old Spice..I love this spoof..it is great. A+
45. Jowl-O; Lol..the fat guy eating jello..so stereotypical-ish.. B
46. Clunky; Campbells soup..i guess. lol..i forgot about this one. C+
47. Toupe Ramen; A noodle toupe..classic. B-
48. Crutch; Lol at the crutch in the soda! B+
49. Snoresages; Lol snoresages...also Lol at the puppy eating them..or sleeping on them.. B-
50. Sushi-Q's; I <3 Suzzie Q's! Lol at the dead fish X_X.. A-
51. Raglue; Yay macaroni! C-
52. Rat Guard; I like that it's cheese scented.. C+
53. Sno Saps; Yay a sno cap spoof! Drunken snowman :-P B+
54. Beyond Pollution; FINALLY A NEW CREDIT CARD SPOOF..! A+
55. Kiss Kat; I like how they incoperated Kiss and Kit Kat..I also like Kiss's music. A

My Top 5 Favourites:
1. Dorkitos
2. Stuffer's
3. Old Slice
4. Bite A Man Water
5. Play Doze (person sleeping is funny, lol)

only..24 cards until i have all ANS7! Can\'t wait!
Just got all 55 series base cards for ANS7...opened them with pure excitment. :)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2010, 08:37:40 PM »
Grape Newts - absolutely fantastic rendering of the witch and newts. Good play on the cereal title. But lizards aren't newts, so that knocks it down a big notch.
Has someone compiled a list of titles with biological errors? Maybe Topps needs a zoologist on their review board. I assume many biological errors are not mistakes but simply decisions that a similar creature just looks and visually works better in a particular circumstance. A honey bee at the bottom of the Sue Mee jar would never look as cool as that wasp does.

They could have used "Salamanders" instead of "Lizards". (It’s sooo easy to be an armchair critic!) The painting is incredible. How long until some of these titles become LTL prints?!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2010, 09:13:41 PM »
This is my first post on the forums!! I just recently got the new series base set, so i have a quick review on all 55 cards.  ;D

The Package; Finally..purple! I love the new purple and silky smooth, white borderd layout...really improved the package. A+

1. Ghoul Scouts; Great spoof, been waiting for this one for awhile...love the thin mint cookies in real life..good spoof. A
2. Play Doze; Sweet. Simple. Too the point. But..not that much of a spoof; but it's cute. A-
3. Just For Wolfmen; I don't really get it..or understand it..I just didn't really enjoy at as much. C+
4. Dorkitos; Okay...I love it..not much writing, but I love the dorky chips! A+
5. Chickless; Clever..I like it..not my favourite..but I like it. B+
6. Hugry-Mantis; Since, I'm not a big TV Dinner fan...i don't like it that much, but it's really funny. C
7. Bumpkin Dimwits; I'm a BIG Dunkin' Donuts fan..so to see a spoof I went balistic! A
8. V6; Sweet and to the point. I like it. B
9. Burnt Bees I use their chapstick..it actually does burn! A-
10. Seagerms; Ginger Algae! I thought it was ginger ale..i guess i wont be drinking much of that soon... B-
11. Cutz; Emo much? lol..the chips do look tasty :P  B+
12. Bruise's; The good ol' Reese's spoof of ANS7! Like it a lot..but I loved ANS2's better... B
13. Twitley; Wow..I like how they made a point! A
14. Boredom; Poor cows..lol..I drank and read it..it made me sleepy! C+
15. Death Savers; OMGoodness! no wonder why my family got rid of them...I thought they helped life. A
16. Stupid Pretzel; I'm not twisted..but that pretzel look uhmm uhmm good :) .. A-
17. Kreepy Kreme; The chocolate sprinkled one did look good... B-
18. Mtn Dude; I loved ANS4's a bit better..but this is my second one! Like the old hillbilly! B
19. Ditz; Just like my teachers..should give em to them! A
20. Flabreze; yay fat jokes! lol..i guess. I liked it a lot..funny. B+
21. Smuggler's; Very short..but I love the stereotypical angry woman in the back! B-
22. Air Sick; Lol...great environmental joke. A
23. Pinkies; Yay finally a twinkie spoof! A+
24. Honey Tomb; Just a simple LOL. B+
25. Bite A Man Water; Love it! Vitamin Water..i drink it! lol. A+
26. Bunyuns; I love Funyuns..finally a spoof. I love this series. A
27. 'Fraid; Eww.. a cockroach lmfao. C+
28. Grape-Newts; Aww! Newts lol their cute. B-
29. Molten Salt; Firey salt..Lol really cool. B+
30. Iris Stings; Lol..it does.. C+
31. County Time; Lol...haha..I love how the fat cop is drinking while the jail person is working! A-
32. Mrs. Blabber-Mouth's; Syrup! Lol Me likey. B
33. Raven Bran; Raisin Bran..Yummy..but with Raven's :-P B+
34. Simian Toes Crunch;  Lol I love it..a monkey with glasses. A+
35. Hunks; Hunky tomatoes..ughh. C-
36. Ruffled; Chips..that are pissed.. B-
37. Tiny Cats; OMG! that's so mean..  :o  C-
38. Baby Battle Pops; aww..babies..lol they're having a war..funny. A-
39. Head & Smolders; That person's on fiyahh! B+
40. Vampire; I'd be scared sh**less if I find a bat in my marshmallows. A
41. Stuffer's; The best Stouffer's spoof ever. I love the cracked teeth. A+
42. Armor Maul; Not my favorite. Said and done. C+
43. Log Coffin; Lol the coffin is made of tree wood :-P B-
44. Old Slice; I use Old Spice..I love this spoof..it is great. A+
45. Jowl-O; Lol..the fat guy eating jello..so stereotypical-ish.. B
46. Clunky; Campbells soup..i guess. lol..i forgot about this one. C+
47. Toupe Ramen; A noodle toupe..classic. B-
48. Crutch; Lol at the crutch in the soda! B+
49. Snoresages; Lol snoresages...also Lol at the puppy eating them..or sleeping on them.. B-
50. Sushi-Q's; I <3 Suzzie Q's! Lol at the dead fish X_X.. A-
51. Raglue; Yay macaroni! C-
52. Rat Guard; I like that it's cheese scented.. C+
53. Sno Saps; Yay a sno cap spoof! Drunken snowman :-P B+
54. Beyond Pollution; FINALLY A NEW CREDIT CARD SPOOF..! A+
55. Kiss Kat; I like how they incoperated Kiss and Kit Kat..I also like Kiss's music. A

My Top 5 Favourites:
1. Dorkitos
2. Stuffer's
3. Old Slice
4. Bite A Man Water
5. Play Doze (person sleeping is funny, lol)

Don't forget the subsets. They count, don't they?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2010, 09:29:40 PM »
Monsterettes asked if I could post a larger image of 'Maggoty Ann'... color and details sometimes don't quite reproduce to the printed sticker... heres a big scan.

Thanks Smokin Joe, this title is one of my favorites from ANS7. I am also fond of Ghoul Scouts, Head and Smolders, Snow Saps and Pinkies.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2010, 10:06:19 PM »
Additional post by Jeff Z I missed in the email he sent me:

Also, I don't think you'll be seeing  those types of gags in the future. I think it was more of an experiment rather than a new direction. The only reason I posted those comments was to let those  who know me on this board ( and see me at conventions) that it was not my personal decision to include sensitive political gags in the series. I'm not knocking us (Topps) or the gag, I'm just letting you guys know that's not me and not my bag.

Offline Beanball

« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2010, 03:29:05 AM »
Just opened my first packs tonight, and one thing I noticed that seem to stand out is the art seems cleaner and less cluttered than pasy ANS series.  It's significant enough where I'm wondering if the artists made a concerted effort to do them this way.  I need to digest them as little longer but overall I think this series may be my favorite ANS series so far!
The art is quite a bit cleaner. I noticed that right away. Wow.
Like Raven Bran, Mt Dude, Head and Smolders and Crispux. The foils are very nice also. Only bought ten packs to start out with. Need some more!

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2010, 04:25:52 AM »

Mark, thanks for sharing your original sketches for these four.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Swiski

« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2010, 05:47:12 AM »
The art is quite a bit cleaner. I noticed that right away. Wow.
Like Raven Bran, Mt Dude, Head and Smolders and Crispux. The foils are very nice also. Only bought ten packs to start out with. Need some more!

I actually like when the art is cluttered with a lot of stuff to look at, as long as it doesn't take away from the title of the product. But if you guys meant "clean" in regards to the rendering quality of illustration, lettering and perspective, then I am in 100% agreement.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2010, 07:08:06 AM »
I actually like when the art is cluttered with a lot of stuff to look at, as long as it doesn't take away from the title of the product. But if you guys meant "clean" in regards to the rendering quality of illustration, lettering and perspective, then I am in 100% agreement.

I don't care for the cluttered look.  I guess it's because the 1970's originals were very simple and clean, so that's what I gravitate to.  When they are simple and clean it highlights the art and gag better.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2010, 07:54:02 AM »
With all of these ANS7 threads it's getting tough to keep up :D
I'm not even sure how to manage these better.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2010, 07:55:50 AM »
With all of these ANS7 threads it's getting tough to keep up :D
I'm not even sure how to manage these better.
You need a co-administrator!!!   HMMM
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline PureElf

« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »
Don't forget the subsets. They count, don't they?

yes! I didn't get them yet..when I do i'll do my review on them! : P
only..24 cards until i have all ANS7! Can\'t wait!
Just got all 55 series base cards for ANS7...opened them with pure excitment. :)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2010, 05:15:03 PM »
I may be a little early, but I thought I’d start a thread for ANS7 reviews.  A system that’s been used before and seems to work well is going through the set in numerical order and reviewing more than one sticker at a time.  So without further ado, my thoughts on the first three wackys.  I’d love to hear everyone else’s thoughts on these!

1.  Ghoul Scouts
One of my favorites in the new series.  I love the look on that little scout’s face – so cutely demonic!  The twist to her lips is so subtle, but makes her expression chilling, and that weirdly bristling hair and the arch in her eyebrows round out the kid’s inner ghoul.  Nice detail on her merit badges and the logo.  The overall gag really works for me and the puns on the names of the different Girl Scout cookies are hilarious.  Plus the Buy ‘Em or Else! tag line captures the sense of pressure I know I’ve felt when it comes to little troopers selling their wares, taken to an appropriately over-the-top extreme (see lifeless hand on the cookie boxes.)  Fantastic wacky in terms of both art and humor.

In order, This is how I like these 3- JFW, GS, and PD.

2.  Play-Doze
I appreciate the simplicity of this wacky -- harkens back to the aesthetic of the original series -- and the sleeping face on the lid is nicely done.  But all in all, this one doesn’t work for me.  Maybe the character isn’t goofy or moronic enough, even with the drool.  I guess in the end, it isn’t quite wacky enough.

3.  Just for Wolfmen
Another one of my very favorites.  The rendering of the wolfman’s hairy face is superb!  Even the little wolfman in the inset is finely detailed and check out what’s on the back of the mirror he is holding.  Great gag and lots of clever lines:  “Shampoo-in Scare Color For the Killer Look!  I love monster wackys and this is one of the best.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2010, 05:37:59 PM »
Any more Ghoul themes planned for ANS 8?  :^)

Choke_Wagon

Probably not, but here's my old Ghoul Scout submission for ANS6!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2010, 01:11:01 AM »

The early MAD comics and magazine accepted no advertising and conveyed the message that you're a jerk if you unquestiongly fall for media hype.  The current MAD with it's advertising pages and  collectable cover variations conveys the message that you're a jerk if you DON'T consume the mass media line.

Jay,
What do you think about the fact that Topps is now placing advertisement cards in their packs in place of real cards? Did you notice they are doing this? Seems to fit your Mad Magazine profile.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2010, 12:17:47 PM »
Jay,
What do you think about the fact that Topps is now placing advertisement cards in their packs in place of real cards? Did you notice they are doing this? Seems to fit your Mad Magazine profile.

My take is they are advertising themselves so it's not at all analogous with MAD advertising other products.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »
I merged the ANS 7 thread with this one since it is basically the same topic about reviewing the series

Offline Smokin Joe

• "Get some for your honey"
    • Smokin' Joe's Art and Illustration
Re: RE: ANS 7 Review
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2010, 05:35:08 PM »
Probably not, but here's my old Ghoul Scout submission for ANS6!

Since we are sharing... here is my Ghoul Scout submission for ANS6 too... seems warped minds stink alike?
Smokin' Joe

Offline Mashbox

• Drive Yourself Buggy
Re: ANS 7 Review
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2010, 05:46:08 PM »
OK, trying to keep the thread somewhat on track, I'll start with the first three Wackys that were named in the thread.

1. Ghoul Scouts: I love the gag and the characters... I do agree with Loren, though, that there's too much green. I understand the box itself is green and that the Girl Scouts uniforms have green on them, but maybe making the ghoul's face another color would have helped.

2. Play-Doze: I like the artwork on the lid and the gag is pretty good. I like the simplicity of it.

3. Just For Wolfmen: Loved this one... terrific art and gag. The smaller picture of the "gray wolfman" adds a nice touch.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2010, 05:48:40 PM »
3. Just For Wolfmen: Loved this one... terrific art and gag. The smaller picture of the "gray wolfman" adds a nice touch.

That's actually a deadly shade of silver!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »

Definitely one of my faves from this series.  Just an awesome sticker.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all