Author Topic: Wacky t-shirt in a "package"?  (Read 2340 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Wacky t-shirt in a "package"?
« on: October 26, 2019, 07:50:30 AM »
I had some time to kill this morning and went down the rabbit hole of the Lost Wackys website.  I came across the pic below of Emily Osmet (whoever she is) holding the Wacky Packages t-shirt in a package that looks like a first series pack.  I recall really wanting to get one of these, but don't recall ever seeing one or, for that matter, hearing of one anywhere but this site.  Did anyone ever get or even see one of these?

http://www.wackypackages2007.com/wacky-packs/2009-merchandise/

Offline BRUTE_88

Re: Wacky t-shirt in a "package"?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 12:56:20 PM »
Yes, I ended up with one of them that Greg Grant had.  They were used as props for the advertisement, but the T-shirts were never packaged that way.  Greg had 2 of them (not sure where he got them), and sent me one as part of a design favor that I did for his kitchen in his Philly condo.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 01:42:34 PM »
Are those photos with the celebs real or faked somehow?

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 02:01:29 PM »
The photos are real.  I have one of those as well.  It turned out that the 10 Again offices were right near my house and I took the family over when he was going out of business.  Got the kids tons of Wacky tees and also some assorted items including one of those vintage packaged tees.  He also gave me a cool  prototype lenticular tag that he originally wanted for the tees but it was too expensive to produce.  A really good guy who came up with some great designs.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 02:06:50 PM »
That's cool that some of you guys got one (or more) of these!  Knowing they were never sold makes me feel less bad about not getting one.  I can see how that sort of packaging wouldn't be a great way to sell a shirt.  But it's definitely catnip to me as a collector.