Author Topic: Animated Avatars  (Read 13071 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Animated Avatars
« on: August 27, 2010, 10:29:47 AM »
Wasn't exactly sure as to the correct Discussion to put this in but here goes... for those of you with
the animated avatars (GIF files), has anyone made their's themselves? I would be interested in learning what
applications/tools/utilities you have used. I'd kinda like to take a stab at animating the old SCOOT picture
to add a little more drama.  This may just be another case of getting myself into something over my head   ???
but my gut tells me probably not with the correct software. Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
Re: Animated Avatars
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 10:35:36 AM »
Wasn't exactly sure as to the correct Discussion to put this in but here goes... for those of you with
the animated avatars (GIF files), has anyone made their's themselves? I would be interested in learning what
applications/tools/utilities you have used. I'd kinda like to take a stab at animating the old SCOOT picture
to add a little more drama.  This may just be another case of getting myself into something over my head   ???
but my gut tells me probably not with the correct software. Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers.
I made the eyes blink on my View Monster.  ;)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 10:37:21 AM »

You need to get a hold of rebell jet.  He did a bunch for many forum members at Greg's old site and he did a fantastic job (he did mine as well).  I think he popped in here a couple months ago.  Most of us gave him something in return as a thanks because it is time consuming to create them. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 10:57:24 AM »
Sorry, I can't help much.  Mine was made by someone on Greg's forum almost a decade ago (it wasn't rebeljet - this was long before his time).
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 11:12:15 AM »
John (Duzn't) made mine.  He was insistent to not send him anything in return.  However, I sent him a Reese's Peepers postcard from the spring Philly show anyway since he did such an awesome job with it!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 12:32:04 PM »

There are many ways to make your own. Easiest is a program called Gif Animator, do a search to download the free program. For the more complex ones, ImageReady (part of Photoshop) is what I use. I think Rebell Jet used Flash Animations converted to GIF. There are a bunch of programs out there that will make animations. Just takes time and patience... :)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 12:59:32 PM »
Sorry, I can't help much.  Mine was made by someone on Greg's forum almost a decade ago (it wasn't rebeljet - this was long before his time).

I'm pretty sure that Slayskool (Paul A.) created yours Martin.  He was obsessed with fire!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 01:59:03 PM »
Loren, I think you are right.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 05:09:08 PM »
John, "Duzn't" made my avatar too.  Really, really sweet work.  I do think it's time consuming, but a thing of beauty is a joy for ever!  Thanks again John, I appreciate my ravenous Monsterettes every day!!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 08:13:04 PM »
John, "Duzn't" made my avatar too.  Really, really sweet work.  I do think it's time consuming, but a thing of beauty is a joy for ever!  Thanks again John, I appreciate my ravenous Monsterettes every day!!
Same here...John does FANTASTIC work! Thank you!!!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline MountainGoo

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 01:36:56 PM »
Rebeljet did mine.  Anyone remember his real name?
Run To The Hills...Run For Your Life

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 01:52:20 PM »
Rebeljet did mine.  Anyone remember his real name?

Robert (Rebell-Jet) made great avatars, including mine.  He registered as a user here, don't know how long it's been since he's logged in though.