Author Topic: Some Forum Cosmetic Changes Coming.  (Read 9005 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Some Forum Cosmetic Changes Coming.
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:23:34 PM »
Thanks to my pal Wackman he is giving me some really strong advice on some cosmetic and security of our forum. You may notice the colors have changed a bit. This will probably change again because I think we have a surprise for the new banner logo on top. I just put that there for a placeholder for when the new one arrives. No, I am not designing the logo! :o
So far the color scheme is based on the 7th series colors. This may change a bit but will still reflect the original wacky colors.
There will be more surprises around the corner. We have only been up for 4 days and have almost 100 members. This is growing very strong. This goes a thanks to all of you here. You make this home!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:32:43 PM by BumChex »

Offline wil_king

Re: Some Forum Cosmetic Changes Coming.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:31:40 PM »
Also regarding security from the advice from Wackman (who still seems to remain anonymous but should come out from the dark shadows soon) I want to let you know what I have changed.
1. A guest cannot review any of the members account info!
2. No one can see a full member list and generate a email spam list.
3. If you want to keep your email private you can check the box in your profile to go hidden. I would recommend you all do this in case someone joins the forum to search out email addresses. You might consider a gmail account for this forum only if you want to give your email out to people. If you do change your email address you will be required to reactivate your account. Don't worry this is painless, you just have to click on a link in your email and you will not lose any of your data. This is done because if someone comes on the board with a real email address to get signed up and then decides to change it so the can remain anonymous they can't do it because it will have to be their actual email.

These are just a few security features. I want to make this a safe experience for everyone here and not expose you to people you don't want to expose yourself to  :'(
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:32:31 PM by BumChex »

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 08:33:31 PM »
Sounds awesome Brad, cannot wait to see it! :o
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 08:34:01 PM »
Sorry, Brewser is my alter ego and I use that account to make sure everything is working properly when you log in.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 08:35:38 PM »
You sly dog! LOL.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 11:52:26 PM »
Sorry, Brewser is my alter ego and I use that account to make sure everything is working properly when you log in.
I wonder where you got that idea from?
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline wackyman

• ^ GOD is spelled wrong, should say DEVIL ^
    • World Of Wackies
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 01:55:24 AM »
I'm almost positive you are talking about me... but you missed the Y in my nick  :o

and as for coming out of the shadows...  let's see how long it takes everyone to see this and put it all together.......... ready?

This is Jay aka Teronsuke AKA..... this guy....

I like this nick  better then "Teronsuke" so I think I'll just stick with it :)

-Jay-

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 02:00:28 AM »
I'm almost positive you are talking about me... but you missed the Y in my nick  :o

and as for coming out of the shadows...  let's see how long it takes everyone to see this and put it all together.......... ready?

This is Jay aka Teronsuke AKA..... this guy....

(Image removed from quote.)

I like this nick  better then "Teronsuke" so I think I'll just stick with it :)

-Jay-
Welcome aboard Jay! I mean "Wackyman" LOL! 8)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 02:02:13 AM »
BTW I love your "Avitar"  ;)

Offline wackyman

• World Of Wackies
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 02:04:10 AM »
BTW I love your "Avitar"  ;)

Thanks,  throw a .com on there ;)   But.... don't tell anyone,  it's a secret right n..... oh wait... too late lol

-Jay-

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 03:22:44 AM »
These are just a few security features. I want to make this a safe experience for everyone here and not expose you to people you don't want to expose yourself to 

Brad, I think that is an excellent idea.  That explains where the Members list went to and why, for now, seeing personal profiles isn't operating.  Good plan.

A suggestion: any chance we can add a field to the profiles for name (even if it is just first name works)?  I often forget who is who is I don't address them often.  That would help a bit.  Thanks.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 06:49:15 AM »

Is it possible for members to have a picture of themselves in their profile in addition to their avatar that will show up on their posts?  I think it makes the forum more personal when you can put a face to the name, if members wish to show it that is.   
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 06:54:33 AM »
Brad, I think that is an excellent idea.  That explains where the Members list went to and why, for now, seeing personal profiles isn't operating.  Good plan.

A suggestion: any chance we can add a field to the profiles for name (even if it is just first name works)?  I often forget who is who is I don't address them often.  That would help a bit.  Thanks.

I fixed the PM and profile feature. I was locking things down too much and got a little carried away. ;)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 06:58:28 AM »

Is it possible for members to have a picture of themselves in their profile in addition to their avatar that will show up on their posts?  I think it makes the forum more personal when you can put a face to the name, if members wish to show it that is.   

You can only have an avatar in your profile but you could link your picture from a website and add it to your signature. Sign up for flicker to have online picture storage. Then you can link any picture to the forum.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 10:04:06 AM »
flickr is REALLY cracking down on linked photos, they started by yanking them out of my ebay auctions, and are now yanking them from Chat boards too. I think photobucket is better if you are looking to host photos you can post here.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 10:05:03 AM »
Thats what I use!

Offline wackyman

• World Of Wackies
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 10:06:50 AM »
There is an enhanced profile mod floating around, It allows users to make like a mini myspace page type of thing,  I'll hunt it down and send you the link to the add-on.

-Jay-

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 02:42:08 PM »

I installed a new mod that will allow you to add a bunch of info to your profile. You can add up to 10 pictures of yourself or whatever you want in your profile. Check it out. It's called ultimate profile

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 02:44:16 PM »
Hey Brad,

For the calendar will there be a way to put in Wacky related release dates, pre-order days, etc for new series? Or stuff like the Philly show dates? Stuff like that?

Offline wackyman

• World Of Wackies
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 03:31:09 PM »
Hey Brad,

For the calendar will there be a way to put in Wacky related release dates, pre-order days, etc for new series? Or stuff like the Philly show dates? Stuff like that?

IF there is not a mod for that to happen,  I'll put one up on W.O.W and give Brad the code to have it post here in the forum.

-Jay-

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 03:49:28 PM »
Nice! I think that it would be a great feature here to have dates in advance that everyone can see for upcoming important Wacky info.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 05:44:56 PM »
Nice! I think that it would be a great feature here to have dates in advance that everyone can see for upcoming important Wacky info.

I really haven't played around with it. Can't you go in and add an event? I can but I have admin rights. I know you only have about 20 characters to describe what the event is. I think it will post in the forum when that even arrives. I may have to test it out some.

anything