Author Topic: Greetings from Mars!  (Read 29580 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Greetings from Mars!
« on: September 19, 2019, 05:32:55 AM »
Keep your eyes peeled to the stars

Offline Dr.M

Re: Greetings from Mars!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 07:27:12 AM »
😳😳😳

Offline mikecho

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 10:47:05 AM »
It's got to be either a new set of Attacky Packages or Mars Attacks: Uprising (the sequel to Mars Attacks: Invasion and Mars Attacks: Occupation).

Please let it be either one or the other.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 05:59:13 PM by mikecho »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 02:32:40 PM »
Celestially intriguing  8)

Offline drono

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 03:10:44 PM »
That would be nice!

Maybe...

Mars was a regular neighbor in the night sky until July, when it drifted further into the sun’s glare and “disappeared” from our sky. In September, Mars is behind the sun and this bizarre event is known as solar conjunction.

If I were a Martian, I would think that's the perfect time to attack.  If Jack Horkheimer were still alive, I'm sure he could tell us.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 03:14:45 PM by drono »

Offline 6_Fooey_Ounces

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 05:07:37 PM »
If Jack Horkheimer were still alive, I'm sure he could tell us.

"Keep looking up!"

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 02:15:22 PM »
now available online for 1 week!!

wooot!!!

https://www.topps.com/2019-topps-on-demand-set-15-wacky-packages-attacky-packages.html

lots not explained on there.
15 cards, but sold 5 to a 'pack'
does buying 3 packs guarantee a set?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 02:27:06 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 04:05:45 PM »
I’m going to order several packs. Anyone on here that wants to set up trades or extra parallel backs for sale/trade let me know! 

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 04:13:31 PM »
Hey Neil! Can’t wait to get this set. Could you answer a few questions?
1. Is there a checklist in every pack?, is it ramdom?, does it take the place of one of the cards?
2. If you order 3 packs do you get a full set?
3. Are the parallel cards just the MA version of the WP Red Ludlow back (ps very cool touch!)
4. Is there a wrapper for these cards? Or are they just packed in a clear cello pack?

Thank you for making this set happen!

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2019, 04:25:13 PM »

1. Is there a checklist in every pack?, is it ramdom?, does it take the place of one of the cards?
my guess is the checklist is on the back of the Gadzooka Attacky Packages title card (and possibly one per pack)
but as neither of those items are listed, just pictured, Topps still has some serious explaining to do

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2019, 04:53:56 PM »
Yeah I think you’re right about the checklist. Surprised/not surprised there’s not really much info about the set. Hopefully Neil can answer some questions.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2019, 04:56:26 PM »
I hope 3 packs gets us a complete set! I ordered only 3. I have a $5 rewards that I can't use on it, so I'm a little bummed out! Does the rewards only work on their old crap?! I tried it on a Star Wars set not too long ago and the rewards code didn't work either! It says "$5 off your next order"

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2019, 05:24:14 PM »
Sorry folks! I don't know much about the sales arrangement, but as some of you mentioned, it would seem that it takes 3 sets to get all 15 cards. It would also make sense that a checklist appears in each set, but I'd need to touch base with Topps to confirm that.  There is no wrapper for the set.

By the way, there's a few items that I don't see shown in the promotion, so maybe they're saving these as a surprise? Don't know yet, but I'll try to find out soon...

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2019, 06:37:16 PM »
Thanks Neil. Hope there’s more info soon. Either way...this is an exciting set!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2019, 08:52:00 PM »
Yes...thank you Neil for putting this all together! The preview artwork for these shown on Topps' site is perfection!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2019, 02:24:54 AM »
I ordered 3 packs. Looks great!  So cool to see a Wacky related item sold through Topps at a fair price!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2019, 02:40:23 AM »
Sorry folks! I don't know much about the sales arrangement, but as some of you mentioned, it would seem that it takes 3 sets to get all 15 cards. It would also make sense that a checklist appears in each set, but I'd need to touch base with Topps to confirm that.  There is no wrapper for the set.

By the way, there's a few items that I don't see shown in the promotion, so maybe they're saving these as a surprise? Don't know yet, but I'll try to find out soon...

Looks great!  But, I do wish they had provided more information.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2019, 06:32:39 AM »
Ordered three "packs".   Always love these releases, Neil. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2019, 11:12:32 AM »
Looks great!  But, I do wish they had provided more information.

Thanks Pat, Yeah, it would be nice if all the details were posted, but ultimately, I think collectors will be really happy with the set. At least, if you enjoy wacky martian madness ;)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2019, 02:37:19 PM »
Thanks Pat, Yeah, it would be nice if all the details were posted, but ultimately, I think collectors will be really happy with the set. At least, if you enjoy wacky martian madness ;)

I definitely enjoy Martian madness!  Sometimes I even watch My Favorite Martian at 4am  :]

The thing with these limited sales is that if you really like what they send you and want extras, or if you don't end up with one of everything, you can't order any more.  That's why I keep saying they should give lots of details.  Needless to say, I'm ordering and looking forward to the cards!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 05:07:00 AM by RawGoo »

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2019, 02:53:01 PM »
Good point Pat. More info would be much appreciated. I'm ordering 3 and hoping for a complete set. If not, maybe we can work some trades here.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2019, 03:20:44 PM »
Good point Pat. More info would be much appreciated. I'm ordering 3 and hoping for a complete set. If not, maybe we can work some trades here.

Trading here is a wonderful thing, and saves us all a lot of money!!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2019, 03:41:02 PM »
I'm in for trading if it comes to that.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2019, 03:49:34 PM »
Count me in for trades. I’ve ordered 10 sets with the hopes of getting as many different variant backs as I can and trade for the rest. If the packs are divided well, I should get 3 full sets of the regular set. More than happy to use those to trade or help others complete their sets.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2019, 04:48:49 PM »

Thanks for what info you have shared with us, Neil, and for anything else you can find out.  I'm debating between three and four "packs" as I want to get the whole set (and hoping three packs will do it, but buying an extra one to help out if three isn't enough).  I do wish there was a wrapper as I'd be happy to have an unopened pack for my pack collection, but I guess it's a moot point on that count.

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2019, 12:44:07 PM »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2019, 01:28:38 PM »

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2019, 10:29:20 PM »
Helping the cause- got three packs and if they the have the same I can trade with some awesome folks here
Hopefully, enough sets bought that will get Neil another gig like this  :] :great:

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2019, 04:58:41 PM »
Great to see the spirit of 'trading' back in Wackys.  I hope there aren't too many alt-backs or weird borders, etc.  I'm in for trading, too, though.  Not sure when they'll arrive with free shipping, though.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2019, 05:28:40 PM »
Just bought my three sets and looking forward to these.  While trading via mail is not nearly as much fun as trading in person, I hope I'll get a full set but perhaps do some trading of the chase cards.

I paid tax on my order.  I don't recall doing that with Topps before.  Does anyone know why/when that started?

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2019, 09:23:52 AM »
Last day to buy online from Topps.
Get’em while you can

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2019, 09:41:15 AM »
Fingers crossed they don’t take too long to arrive. Then let the trading begin!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2019, 01:31:24 PM »

I paid tax on my order.  I don't recall doing that with Topps before.  Does anyone know why/when that started?

I believe this happened in the past few months.  Certain states are demanding to get their fair share of sales tax revenue from online sales.  In addition to Topps, I've had to pay sales tax on all of my recent Amazon orders.  Seems they'll get you any which way they can.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 01:33:41 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2019, 02:59:04 PM »
In addition to Topps, I've had to pay sales tax on all of my recent Amazon orders.
eBay, as well.   :sad:

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2019, 04:10:34 PM »
I BELIEVE...do not quote me - As in the case of Amazon, IF it ships from YOUR STATE, and they are greedy whores who spend like drunken sailors, they will charge you sales tax.

Richard
#StayWacky

anything