Author Topic: New Idea for Wacky Packages Posters  (Read 2480 times)

Offline drono

New Idea for Wacky Packages Posters
« on: September 23, 2020, 02:11:45 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/i/352818771249

Neat concept of a poster showing 50 different versions of Cap'n Crunch cereal boxes from 1961-2019.  For Wacky Packages, it could show every version of a product that was parodied.  I'd buy a set of 24 of these.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: New Idea for Wacky Packages Posters
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 02:21:05 PM »
Yeah, that's a pretty cool idea! Maybe do it with the wacky packages titles? I'll pass it along to some people I know...

Offline Swiski

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 11:40:14 AM »
I always wanted someone to write a book on packaging design evolution of well known consumer grocery products, similar to that poster.

Although, I think it would be a monumental effort, trying to locate images of every packaging design change over the years.

Cereal boxes are easier since there are a lot of collectors who saved them over the years.

Offline drono

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 02:15:52 PM »
What I meant was a poster in the 9 x 18 size showing the various parodies of a product in Wacky Packages.  Looking at the other forum topic on "What is the most parodied product among all Wackys"  http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=5413.0

Have a poster in  showing six or more various parodies of Kit Kat
Kick Kat (Irish Series (1985)
Kid Kud (1985 Series)
Zit Kat (ANS1 (2004))
Kiss Kat (ANS7 (2010))
Hit Kat (2015 S1)
It Kat (Halloween Postcards 2013)
Krypt Kat (2016 Halloween Pack 'O Fun)

Or various parodies of Dunkin' Donuts:
Shrunken Donuts (13th Series (1975)/Jay Lynch Tribute (2017))
Drunken Donuts (1991 Series)
Dukin' Donuts (ANS6 (2007)/50th Anniversary Series (2017)) (Best of the '00s)
Bumpkin Dimwits Coffee (ANS7 (2010))
Punkin' Donuts (ANS8 (2011)/Posters Series 1 (2012))
Dumpin' Donuts Coffee (ANS8 (2011))
Dungeon Donuts (ANS10 (2013)
Dugout Donuts (2015 S1 (Wacky Billboard))
Dorkin' Donuts (2015 giveaway)
Shrieking Donuts (Attacky Packages Series 4 (2020))

Or some of the others with six or more (Cap'n Crunch, Pepsi Cola, Kool-Aid, Froot Loops, etc.)

Offline Swiski

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 03:38:10 PM »
I know what you meant...I was just chiming in that a real packaging timeline book would be awesome.
I own a book about logo design evolution titled Logo Life. It's one of my favorite books! Packaging evolution books would be sweet!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 07:43:23 PM »
I've already submitted a set concept for this concerning doing a WPs through the ages features a specific product and parodies of them from let's say their 1920s packaging, 1940s, 1960s, etc. A sort of Older School set type of thing. I think we may see it this coming year.

Offline drono

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 05:42:30 AM »
I like that!  This is different.  It doesn't require any new parodies; it uses the ones already done.  It's just putting them together in a poster size presentation.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2020, 12:25:05 AM »
I always wanted someone to write a book on packaging design evolution of well known consumer grocery products, similar to that poster.

Although, I think it would be a monumental effort, trying to locate images of every packaging design change over the years.

Cereal boxes are easier since there are a lot of collectors who saved them over the years.

I can say with some authority that a book like that would indeed be a monumental, and in far too many cases, simply impossible task.  Much of the packaging in question just doesn't exist for most products. There's a reason why my 1980's Eggo box was the master copy used to create the props for Stranger Things... it was the only known example of one.  And that's the 1980's.  Yikes!

As for that Cap'n Crunch poster.. yeah, that's a neat idea.  It'd be cooler if the creator had not pulled images and scans from other people (myself included) to help craft it, but that does make his effort far easier.  Oh well...  :-\
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 10:34:56 AM »
I can say with some authority that a book like that would indeed be a monumental, and in far too many cases, simply impossible task.  Much of the packaging in question just doesn't exist for most products. There's a reason why my 1980's Eggo box was the master copy used to create the props for Stranger Things... it was the only known example of one.  And that's the 1980's.  Yikes!

As for that Cap'n Crunch poster.. yeah, that's a neat idea.  It'd be cooler if the creator had not pulled images and scans from other people (myself included) to help craft it, but that does make his effort far easier.  Oh well...  :-\

Shades of World of Wackys! 🤔

anything