Author Topic: BOX BREAKDOWN  (Read 6975 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
BOX BREAKDOWN
« on: August 25, 2010, 04:13:55 PM »
I received my case of 8 boxes in the mail today. I have opened two boxes thus far. Here is the breakdown:
                          BOX 1       BOX 2
Wack-o-mercials       24            24
Pink Border:              6              6
Foil Cards:                6              6
Collector Kit ads:       8              8
Silver sparkle border:  2              2
sketch:                    0              0

After opening 2 boxes, have 1 full set of wack-o-mericals and 1 full set of Foil cards (plus extras of course).
The 12 pink border and 4 silver sparkle border cards are all different (no repeats).

I do have one complaint thus far... I am seeing about 20% of the Foil cards with dings especially at the top.
Anyone else experiencing this? Also, both Pupsi foil cards are badly miscut and one has the bottom cutout portion of the sticker from the sticker above it, missing the stcker portion. Nice bit of quality control, what.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline NEZHEAD42

Re: BOX BREAKDOWN
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 05:28:33 PM »
I too noticed a ding here and there at the top of the foils. One of them even had a slightly bent corner, also at the top.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 05:36:52 PM »
The foils in Box 1 - all fine

The foils in Box 2 -  half of them are dinged on one corner
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 06:09:41 PM »
I received my case of 8 boxes in the mail today. I have opened two boxes thus far. Here is the breakdown:
                          BOX 1       BOX 2

After opening 2 boxes, have 1 full set of wack-o-mericals and 1 full set of Foil cards (plus extras of course).
The 12 pink border and 4 silver sparkle border cards are all different (no repeats).

I have the same ratios after opening 3 boxes, except I only have 9 of the 10 foil cards.  I am missing F6.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 07:48:23 PM »
                          BOX 1       BOX 2

I do have one complaint thus far... I am seeing about 20% of the Foil cards with dings especially at the top.
Anyone else experiencing this? Also, both Pupsi foil cards are badly miscut and one has the bottom cutout portion of the sticker from the sticker above it, missing the stcker portion. Nice bit of quality control, what.

Out of 89 packs, I got 8 base sets and a ninth missing just 2 cards, 3 Wacko-mercial sets plus 29 extras, 22 red/pink borders (15 different), 8 (different) silvers and 1 gold.  Also 30 foils, including one complete set.  Seems like everything is as expected by the odds, except the gold, and the foils - looks like I got about 8 extras there.

I also got several foils with dings.  And, I got two Screamsicles with the diecut way off.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 08:07:35 PM »
UPDATE:
I received my case of 8 boxes in the mail today. After opening all 8 boxes. Here is the breakdown:
                          BOX 1       BOX 2    BOX 3     BOX 4     BOX 5     BOX 6     BOX 7     BOX 8
Wack-o-mercials       24            24        24          24         24           24         24          24
Pink Border:              6              6          6            6          6            6           6           6
Foil Cards:                6              6          6            6          6            5           6           6
Collector Kit ads:       8              8          8            8          8            8           8           8
Silver sparkle border:  2              2          2            2          2            2           2           2
sketch:                    0              0          0            0          0            0           0           0
autographs:              0              0          0            0          0            0           0           0

I ended up with :
    6 full sets of wack-o-mericals
    3 full sets of Foil cards
    1 full set of pink borders
    16 silver sparkle border cards (5 duplicates)
    ??  base sets (haven't collated these yet)

Very consistant and predicatable. If you open each pack going down through each of the 2 stacks in a box,
you basically find that every other pack has 7 stickers and 1 wack-o-mercial with occasional Collector Kit ads cards. In the other packs, you will basically get 6 stickers, 1 wack-o-mercial and either a sparkle border or a pink border. The most "loaded" pack I opened contained 7 stickers, 1 foil, 1 wack-o-mercial and 1 pink border card.

As I opened more boxes, the number of foils with dings, etc. did diminish. I would have had a 4th complete foil set but the 2 badly miscut Pupsi's I have can not really be used for the prime F3 card in a set.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 08:14:28 PM »
I would have had a 4th complete foil set but the 2 badly miscut Pupsi's I have can not really be used for the prime F3 card in a set.
one of the few foils I have so far is a Pupsi, and the image is very O/C to the left.
But it looks as if the F3 in the upper right was considered when centering, and not just the image. So the Pupsi is pushed far left, but the card in not actually miscut, because if you look at the back of the card, it is perfectly centered.
I have a feeling EVERY Pupsi is going to be O/C left.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 08:17:51 PM »
one of the few foils I have so far is a Pupsi, and the image is very O/C to the left.
But it looks as if the F3 in the upper right was considered when centering, and not just the image. So the Pupsi is pushed far left, but the card in not actually miscut, because if you look at the back of the card, it is perfectly centered.
That describes the centering of my Pupsi.  I thought perhaps Scoot was talking about the diecut being off on his Pupsi foils - that's what is wrong with 2 of my Screamsicles.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:26:03 PM by RawGoo »

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 08:27:48 PM »
That describes the centering of my Pupsi.  I thought perhaps Scoot was talking about the diecut being off on his Pupsi foils - that's what is wrong with 2 of my Screamsicles.
ooh. ugly. welcome to the 1970's...

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 08:30:59 PM »
ooh. ugly. welcome to the 1970's...
Yep!  Had to start up the other pc to add that scan, hence the delay, but it a picture is worth a thoudand words!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 08:32:26 PM »

It is kinda cool how they line up with the other card. I wonder if a whole sheet was like this?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 08:36:41 PM »
It is kinda cool how they line up with the other card. I wonder if a whole sheet was like this?
That's what I figured - the diecut was off on the whole sheet when it went through.  I'd love to see an uncut sheet - seeing as how the miscut diecuts line up on these, it looks like the Screamsicles are in the same row.

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 08:54:32 PM »
That's what I figured - the diecut was off on the whole sheet when it went through.  I'd love to see an uncut sheet - seeing as how the miscut diecuts line up on these, it looks like the Screamsicles are in the same row.
it probably looks about the same as this one from ANS3
[expando]http://www.wackypackages.org/auctionsarchive/topps_allwackys/6265702160_6265702160/wackysheet3a.jpg[/expando]

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 09:04:57 PM »
it probably looks about the same as this one from ANS3
[expando]http://www.wackypackages.org/auctionsarchive/topps_allwackys/6265702160_6265702160/wackysheet3a.jpg[/expando]

Thats what I was thinking... there is probably of run of most foils having some miscuts. Here are some pics of the Pupsi's I was talking about earlier.. almost exactly like the Screamsicle pics earliers. You can see where one card is one top of the other how perfectly the miscuts line up.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 09:11:15 PM »
Thats what I was thinking... there is probably of run of most foils having some miscuts. Here are some pics of the Pupsi's I was talking about earlier.. almost exactly like the Screamsicle pics earliers. You can see where one card is one top of the other how perfectly the miscuts line up.

Is your one Pupsi missing the small curve of foil on the front, like it peeled off?  Or, maybe it's just the picture.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 09:17:40 PM »
Is your one Pupsi missing the small curve of foil on the front, like it peeled off?  Or, maybe it's just the picture.

You are correct sir (in best Ed McMahon voice). That piece of the sticker was completely missing.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 09:30:14 AM »

Sounds like collecting these Foils will be a bit like the collecting vintage cards since they may require upgrading. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »
Sounds like collecting these Foils will be a bit like the collecting vintage cards since they may require upgrading. 

While opening boxes, I was rather discouraged concerning the foils at first. After the first 2 boxes nearly 1/4 of the foils had either dings/dents in the card along the top edge or a small portion where a piece of the foil surface was  torn away. I have not seen the printing and cutting machines for these cards but it looks to me like some
type of roller that moves the sheets or cards along hits this top edge and causes damage to the more fragile foil surface.

As I opened subsequent boxes, the number of such cards became less however. I still feel like I was a bit cheated in regards to foils... as I mentioned earlier, I would have had at least one additional complete foil subset from the case if it weren't for the damaged and miscut cards.

In regards to the sparkle border cards, I opened the first 5 boxes and had 10 different titles. I was beginning to think they arranges cases so you would end up with all different titles. My hopes for a near complete subset were dashed as all 6 sparkle border cards were repeats in the last 3 boxes.

So does anyone know the story on the Bonus cards? Thus far, I have seen that there are 4 titles from the store gravity feed boxes. My regular boxes contained nada. Are these only available in the store boxes?

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 10:47:03 AM »
So does anyone know the story on the Bonus cards? Thus far, I have seen that there are 4 titles from the store gravity feed boxes. My regular boxes contained nada. Are these only available in the store boxes?
there are no bonus cards in the gravity feed.

Duzn't posted this nice summary in the ANS7 Spoiler thread, which I've tweaked a little bit
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=392.msg12693#msg12693

From 4 to 14 bonus stickers, depending on how you want to count them

Cereal box stickers - (6)*
Cereal box Bonus web stickers - (3)
Blisters Pack bonus stickers - (3)
Target/Walmart Bonus box sticker - (1)
ANS7 Binder promo sticker  (1)**

* the cereal box stickers (C1 - C6) are probably just a subset and not bonus stickers?
** the binder sticker is called a "promo" sticker, so not sure that counts as a bonus?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:04:35 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

wackyone

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 06:38:01 AM »
Has anyone pulled any decent cards outa the bonus box?....i would imagine if they used it for the B4 card they wouldn't put any type of chase cards in them :^)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 07:00:35 AM »
Has anyone pulled any decent cards outa the bonus box?....i would imagine if they used it for the B4 card they wouldn't put any type of chase cards in them :^)

There should be the same collation for the chasers for the bonus box, but we'll see what others report.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)