Author Topic: How do you organize your Wackys  (Read 319 times)

Offline Lavirus

How do you organize your Wackys
« on: August 12, 2019, 07:56:47 AM »
Ok, this is a seriously OCD question, but... how do you organize your promos, non-Topps and other Wacky items that aren't a regular series?

I add series-related promos and bonus cards to the end of the series binder. All postcards, given their size, are stored together with the official postcards.

For larger non-Topps things like the Lost series, Mark's recent series, etc, I keep those together along with anything related to them.

I'm unclear what to do with Philly promos, non-Topps Halloween releases, etc. I could organize them in two ways:
1) Chronologically by their release year.
2) Group items logically - all Philly promos, all Halloween-related releases, but then I've still got a bunch of items like the Poster bonus cards, the book bonus cards, etc.

Thoughts?

Offline Baked Bears

Re: How do you organize your Wackys
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 02:31:50 PM »
I ran into the same problem.  My solution was to simply house the odds and ends in a separate miscellaneous binder with divider tabs.  Not the perfect solution, however I always know where these particular titles are at any given time.

Online mikecho

Re: How do you organize your Wackys
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 03:50:42 PM »
Ok, this is a seriously OCD question, but... how do you organize your promos, non-Topps and other Wacky items that aren't a regular series?

I add series-related promos and bonus cards to the end of the series binder. All postcards, given their size, are stored together with the official postcards.

For larger non-Topps things like the Lost series, Mark's recent series, etc, I keep those together along with anything related to them.

I'm unclear what to do with Philly promos, non-Topps Halloween releases, etc. I could organize them in two ways:
1) Chronologically by their release year.
2) Group items logically - all Philly promos, all Halloween-related releases, but then I've still got a bunch of items like the Poster bonus cards, the book bonus cards, etc.

Thoughts?
When I was doing my 3-ring binder and before I finished it, this is how I did my sets of Wacky Packages ANS1-ANS8, Wacky Pack Flashback, Wacky Pack Flashback 2 and Wacky Packages Chrome:

*promo cards (only for ANS1),
*base cards,
*subsets (if any),
*bonus cards,
*foil cards.

Everything was in numerical order, regardless of what it was. This was also done, whenever possible, for all of the other Topps card series (such as my several Mars Attacks sets, my Dinosaurs Attack! set and my Hollywood Zombies set) and all of the non-Topps card series (such as Hockey Freaks and Batman: Saga of the Dark Knight).

For my sets of Wacky Halloween Postcards, I did this:

*2009 (both editions ("Tricky Treat!" (Philly Non-Sports Card Show) and "Tricked Out!" (regular)),
*promo postcard NS1 (when I get it),
*2010 limited edition,
*promo postcard NS2,
*The Wrapper exclusive postcard (again, when I get it)
*2011 limited edition (a Certificate of Authenticity, base postcards and Wacky Packages Comics no. 1),
*2012 limited edition (same as 2011, only without the comic book at the end),
*2012 regular edition,
*Wacky Packages Comics no. 2 (this one was so big that it had to be put in a plastic page that was one big pocket),
*promo postcard NS4 (again, when I get it),
*2013 limited edition (same as 2012),
*2013 regular edition,
*Wicked Halloween Ghostcards postcard,
*2010 limited edition envelope,
*2011 limited edition envelope,
*2012 limited and regular edition envelopes,
*2013 limited and regular edition envelopes.

After the postcards comes:

*2009's bonus cards (H1, H2 and H3),
*2010's bonus card (TS10),
*2011's bonus card (TS13) and mini-postcard (PCM4),
*2012's bonus cards (TS16 and TS17),
*2013's bonus cards (TS20 and TS21),
*2015 Halloween Pack O' Fun series (three base cards, one bonus card, one promo card and a Certificate of Authenticity),
*2016 Halloween Pack O' Fun series (seven base cards (three are still missing; again, when I get them), one promo card (again, when I get it) and a Certificate of Authenticity).

Since the Wacky Halloween Postcards Official Collector Binder - Limited Edition was made without plastic pages with pockets, I finally found something to put the postcards in after much searching. It's a package of Staples 3 pocket sheet protectors with 10 sheets (item number 952556). Each sheet has two 4 3/4'' x 7 3/4'' pockets on the front of the sheet and one 8.5'' x 11'' pocket on the back. The smaller cards are just basic 9-pocket plastic pages.

For my set of Mark Parisi's Off the Mark-et Series One, I did this (in a plain old blue 3-ring binder):

*9-piece Tic Attac puzzle,
*4-piece Bumble Beep puzzle,
*one title card,
*33 base cards (with the last one a checklist),
*three bonus cards.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 08:56:19 PM by mikecho »