Author Topic: How do you organize your Wackys  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Lavirus

How do you organize your Wackys
« on: August 12, 2019, 07:56:47 AM »
Ok, this is a seriously OCD question, but... how do you organize your promos, non-Topps and other Wacky items that aren't a regular series?

I add series-related promos and bonus cards to the end of the series binder. All postcards, given their size, are stored together with the official postcards.

For larger non-Topps things like the Lost series, Mark's recent series, etc, I keep those together along with anything related to them.

I'm unclear what to do with Philly promos, non-Topps Halloween releases, etc. I could organize them in two ways:
1) Chronologically by their release year.
2) Group items logically - all Philly promos, all Halloween-related releases, but then I've still got a bunch of items like the Poster bonus cards, the book bonus cards, etc.

Thoughts?

Offline Baked Bears

Re: How do you organize your Wackys
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 02:31:50 PM »
I ran into the same problem.  My solution was to simply house the odds and ends in a separate miscellaneous binder with divider tabs.  Not the perfect solution, however I always know where these particular titles are at any given time.

Offline mikecho

Re: How do you organize your Wackys
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 03:50:42 PM »
Ok, this is a seriously OCD question, but... how do you organize your promos, non-Topps and other Wacky items that aren't a regular series?

I add series-related promos and bonus cards to the end of the series binder. All postcards, given their size, are stored together with the official postcards.

For larger non-Topps things like the Lost series, Mark's recent series, etc, I keep those together along with anything related to them.

I'm unclear what to do with Philly promos, non-Topps Halloween releases, etc. I could organize them in two ways:
1) Chronologically by their release year.
2) Group items logically - all Philly promos, all Halloween-related releases, but then I've still got a bunch of items like the Poster bonus cards, the book bonus cards, etc.

Thoughts?
When I was doing my 3-ring binder and now that I've finished it, this is how I did my sets of Wacky Packages ANS1 to ANS11, Wacky Pack Flashback, Wacky Pack Flashback 2 and Wacky Packages Chrome:

*promo cards and a promo sheet (only for ANS1),
*base cards,
*bonus cards,
*foil cards (only going from ANS3 to ANS7),
*subsets (only going from from ANS6 to ANS11).

There were also three extras from the same time period:

*a special Osaka Popstar Wacky bonus sticker (included with the bonus stickers in ANS3),
*the two sets of four bonus stickers from the first two of five printings of the book Wacky Packages (both of them between Wacky Pack Flashback and Wacky Pack Flashback 2, with the first printing's set first and the second printing's set second)
*the one set of bonus stickers from the first, last and only printing of the book Wacky Packages New New New (between Wacky Pack Flashback 2 and ANS7.

Everything in the sets was in numerical order and the sets were in chronological order.

For my sets of Wacky Halloween Postcards, I did this:

*2009 (both editions ("Tricky Treat!" (Philly Non-Sports Card Show) and "Tricked Out!" (regular)),
*promo postcard NS1,
*2010 limited edition,
*promo postcard NS2,
*The Wrapper exclusive postcard,
*2011 limited edition (a Certificate of Authenticity, base postcards and Wacky Packages Comics no. 1),
*2012 limited edition (same as 2011, only without the comic book at the end),
*2012 regular edition,
*Wacky Packages Comics no. 2 (this one was so big that it had to be put in a plastic page that was one big pocket),
*promo postcard NS4,
*2013 limited edition (same as 2012, only this time there was no comic book included with it),
*2013 regular edition,
*Wicked Halloween Ghostcards postcard,
*2020 (base postcards and Glow in the Dark postcards)
*2009's bonus cards (H1, H2 and H3),
*2010's bonus card (TS10),
*2011's bonus card (TS13) and mini-postcard (PCM4),
*2012's bonus cards (TS16 and TS17),
*2013's bonus cards (TS20 and TS21),
*2010's Wacky Halloween Artists cards (when I get them, or rather I should say, if I ever get them),
*2011's Wacky Halloween Artists cards,
*2012's Wacky Halloween Artists cards,
*2013's Wacky Halloween Artists cards,
*2020's Wacky Halloween Artists cards,
*2023's postcard stickers,
*2023's coffin stickers,
*2010's limited edition envelope,
*2011's limted edition envelope,
*2012's limited edition and regular edition envelopes,
*2013's limited edition and regular edition envelopes.

Since the Wacky Halloween Postcards Official Collector Binder - Limited Edition was made without plastic pages with pockets, I finally found something to put the postcards in after much searching. It's a package of Staples 3 pocket sheet protectors with 10 sheets (item number 952556). Each sheet has two 4 3/4'' x 7 3/4'' pockets on the front of the sheet and one 8.5'' x 11'' pocket on the back. The smaller cards are just basic 9-pocket plastic pages. Recently, however, when I went to my local Stapes to get two more packages of pages, an employee told me after I couldn't find them that they'd been discontinued. As a result, I had to buy online two packages of Ultra PRO postcard pages with 5" x 7" pockets (I don't know how many pockets are in them, though - yet), exactly what I need to pick up where I left off.

UPDATE: I got the Ultra PRO products, but they were plastic sleeves, not plastic pages. I'm going to send them back to Ultra PRO and get my money refunded.

I've also got 2023's box, but it won't fit in the binder, so I'll have to figure out somehow just what it is I'm going to do with it.

For my sets of Mark Parisi's Off the Mark-et Series One to Series Four (with more to come), I did this (in a plain ordinary light blue 3-ring binder):

*9-piece puzzles,
*4-piece puzzles,
*title cards,
*base cards,
*bonus cards.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 10:32:57 AM by mikecho »

anything