Author Topic: HALLOWEEN 2019  (Read 44487 times)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
Re: HALLOWEEN 2019
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2019, 05:56:52 PM »
On a related note, I thought I'd toss an idea out for next year's release: Would any of you want to see a full-fledged set with more titles and maybe even a box? I'd still like to keep it a forum-only release (ie, I have no interest in crowd funding), but if enough members are interested, I'd certainly give it some serious consideration. Thoughts/suggestions welcome...

I would definitely like to see more next year, and a box would be awesome!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2019, 05:46:04 AM »
My 2019 cards arrived yesterday, and I'm torturing myself by waiting until Halloween to open them  >:D

Offline quas

« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2019, 05:48:06 AM »
Neil, I am def East of the Mississippi (Maryland) and I got mine today.  Thanks so much.  They are very cool as usual.  I know people don't want spoilers here.  Any chance you can start a spoilers thread and list everything that you made for this series so we can see what we got compared to all that's out there?  Plus we can post pics there so people that don't want to look can avoid it.  I have one dupe so i am guessing there are 7 original cards plus the sketch and one duplicate in the 3 sets of three.  Also, by far my favorite is the Bonus card.  I won't say what it is here.  The only thing that could have made this set better was to have that as my sketch card!!!  Thanks again for making Halloween even better than it already is.

What's the "Bonus card"?  I haven't heard anyone else mention it.  :-X
Marc

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2019, 03:27:42 PM »
What's the "Bonus card"?  I haven't heard anyone else mention it.  :-X
the bonus card is the one that has BONUS CARD in big black letters on the back.  8)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2019, 04:24:16 PM »
I'm accidentally waiting for Halloween to open mine (just too busy and want to savor it a bit), so I can't comment on this year's set yet, other than to say I look forward to opening mine.  As for next year, I'm a proponent of "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" and I've really enjoyed the past few years worth of these.  If, however, you can ensure keeping up the fun, quality, and authentic Wackyness of these, then, sure, go for a bigger set.  I have no idea how big that would be, Neil, but you do.  Make it as big as you can while keeping up what you've done so far.

Offline quas

« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2019, 05:41:02 PM »
the bonus card is the one that has BONUS CARD in big black letters on the back.  8)

Maybe I'm the only person who is ignorant on this, but would it be possible to post a pic of front and back?
Marc

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2019, 06:41:13 PM »
I'm accidentally waiting for Halloween to open mine (just too busy and want to savor it a bit), so I can't comment on this year's set yet, other than to say I look forward to opening mine.  As for next year, I'm a proponent of "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" and I've really enjoyed the past few years worth of these.  If, however, you can ensure keeping up the fun, quality, and authentic Wackyness of these, then, sure, go for a bigger set.  I have no idea how big that would be, Neil, but you do.  Make it as big as you can while keeping up what you've done so far.
Well said! It seems to me that it's tough enough to come up with a full set of high quality Wackys without adding in the limitation of making it Halloween based (but if anyone can do it, it's Neil).

Offline mikecho

« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2019, 07:12:04 PM »
Neil, I'm up to getting a big set...as long as it's affordable (which I know it always is). Postcards would be great...in fact, I just got some new postcard pages from Staples! I'd love to put something in some of them!

By the way, when can someone put a checklist of this set out...on or after Halloween?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 04:30:49 PM by mikecho »

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2019, 08:49:05 PM »
Would any of you want to see a full-fledged set with more titles and maybe even a box?

Dear Neil,

YES x infinity.

Love always,

Brian Mc
Brian Mc

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2019, 08:53:36 PM »
My 2019 cards arrived yesterday, and I'm torturing myself by waiting until Halloween to open them  >:D

You have way more self-discipline than I do. Respect.
Brian Mc

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2019, 04:17:58 AM »
  Make it as big as you can while keeping up what you've done so far.

OK! Well, let's see what next year brings!

By the way, if anyone is wanting to post spoilers from this year's set, I think tomorrow (Thursday) would be appropriate, in my humblest opinion...

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2019, 05:05:32 AM »

By the way, if anyone is wanting to post spoilers from this year's set, I think tomorrow (Thursday) would be appropriate, in my humblest opinion...

Agreed - Halloween it is!!  I'll open my envelope before I check the forum - it is much more fun for me to see the titles as they come out of the pack!!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2019, 05:58:13 PM »
Wow, I almost forgot to update my avatar for Halloween!!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2019, 04:26:45 AM »
Wow, I almost forgot to update my avatar for Halloween!!!

Nice avatar! 

Happy Halloween everyone!  It's a dreary and rainy day here, and I think I'm going to end up with a LOT of extra candy.  But, later I'll be opening my Halloween cards, which will certainly brighten up the day (for me, anyway!)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2019, 08:07:37 AM »
Nice avatar! 

Happy Halloween everyone!  It's a dreary and rainy day here, and I think I'm going to end up with a LOT of extra candy.  But, later I'll be opening my Halloween cards, which will certainly brighten up the day (for me, anyway!)

That sounds like perfect Halloween weather! We just got snow and it feels like December around here. brrrr!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2019, 09:26:16 AM »
Here's the checklist for the Halloween 2019 series and their real names:

*Bat-O-Honey (Bit-O-Honey)
*Frying Pan Demonhead (Ferrara Pan Lemonhead)
*High Seas Kraken (Hershey's Krackel)
*Skorch (Skor)
*Snake Charmers (Assorted Charms Hard Candy)
*Tut Size Mummy Way (Fun Size Milky Way)

Bonus Card
*Lost Cabin Eeringinal Syrup (Log Cabin Original Syrup)

By the way, I've got an extra Bat-O-Honey and a Frying Pan Demonhead sketch card (the latter autographed by Neil) if anyone needs them. PM me and we'll talk.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 04:05:08 PM by mikecho »

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2019, 12:43:29 PM »
Happy Halloween everyone!  Nothing goes better with Halloween than Neil’s amazing Halloween Wackys!  Congrats on another amazing year and keep ‘em up, please!

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2019, 01:11:36 PM »
Cool set Neil.  3 packs yielded me all 7 stickers, plus an extra KRACKEN (in case anyone needs that one).  My sketch card was also "Kracken" (in case anyone's keeping track or running a count).

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2019, 05:02:00 PM »
Cool set Neil.  3 packs yielded me all 7 stickers, plus an extra KRACKEN (in case anyone needs that one).  My sketch card was also "Kracken" (in case anyone's keeping track or running a count).

Glad you like the sketch! It's Halloween, so you better get "Kracken" and get that candy!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2019, 07:52:39 PM »
and when you're finished, don't forget to brush your teeth...

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2019, 09:04:29 AM »
I hope everyone had a very pleasant Halloween and got some great treats! I'd like to wrap up this year's set with a big THANK YOU to all of the great writers involved in the set: Paul Harris, Mike DePaz, Robert Hall, and Mark and Dave Stepper. Many, many thanks for your amazing talent!

You each deserve a super size candy bar for the great concepts! Happy Halloween all!

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2019, 09:18:56 AM »
I hope everyone had a very pleasant Halloween and got some great treats! I'd like to wrap up this year's set with a big THANK YOU to all of the great writers involved in the set: Paul Harris, Mike DePaz, Robert Hall, and Mark and Dave Stepper. Many, many thanks for your amazing talent!

You each deserve a super size candy bar for the great concepts! Happy Halloween all!

You too!  I love the set!!  It will go in the same binder as my Halloween Postcard sets!!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2019, 10:45:12 AM »

I'm late to the party and a bit puzzled I've not been able to find many spoilers. Life got in the way of getting in on the Halloween set this year, and I'd like to thank Swiski and mlmtf6 for helping me out with a couple of titles. Charmers is great Neil! This set looks fantastic. This is a classic Wacky style little character. I like all of the details - the folded foiled ends of the package and the shading and highlights really makes the image pop and appear 3D. I mean, the candy is jumping off the card! The spider web background adds a nice touch without being obstructive. I like how the green snake is emerging from the orange and the orange snake is coming out of the lime. Great work to you and the team.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2019, 03:32:01 PM »
You too!  I love the set!!  It will go in the same binder as my Halloween Postcard sets!!
I've already put with my Halloween Postcards sets and my Halloween Pack 'O Fun sets, which are all in my Wacky Halloween Postcards Limited Edition Official Collector Binder!

If this keeps up, I won't have any room left in it! Oh, why couldn't Topps have made the binder larger in this case?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 03:35:11 PM by mikecho »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #164 on: November 05, 2019, 03:42:28 PM »
Finally got around to opening and enjoying my packs the other day.  Thanks, Neil, as always for keeping the fun alive!  Great set and most appropriate for the season.

At the risk of looking a gift horse in the mouth, I'll make one request, Neil, if you do this next year.  Could you do an 8 card/sticker set (along with a sketch)?  Fits perfectly in a 9-card page.  Forgive my OCD-ness; it may also play a part in why I like collecting so much  :-[

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2019, 04:09:03 PM »
Picked up my set today! Thanks Neil. This set did not disappoint. Such a great Halloween tradition! Thanks for keeping Wacky Packages alive.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2019, 03:30:37 AM »
Finally got around to opening and enjoying my packs the other day.  Thanks, Neil, as always for keeping the fun alive!  Great set and most appropriate for the season.

At the risk of looking a gift horse in the mouth, I'll make one request, Neil, if you do this next year.  Could you do an 8 card/sticker set (along with a sketch)?  Fits perfectly in a 9-card page.  Forgive my OCD-ness; it may also play a part in why I like collecting so much  :-[

When you put the 6 card set ,  + Bonus card, + sketch and Empty pack cut down to fit in the 9 pocket sleeve you are at 9 cards. Does that work for you?

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2019, 09:48:08 AM »
                                                                                       PAUL LYNDE IN THE CENTER SQUARE FOR THE WIN
                                                                   PAUL <> TRUE OR FALSE CAN A 13 INCH BEAGLE IMPREGNANT A 15 INCH BEAGLE ?
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2019, 10:01:22 AM »
Let me add my gratitude to the chorus for this lovely set.  Anytime I get to experience well-done parodies of candy packaging, well you're getting to the heart of me. 

Thank you for the work, artistry and commitment to the community.  Love these. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2019, 05:13:42 PM »
When you put the 6 card set ,  + Bonus card, + sketch and Empty pack cut down to fit in the 9 pocket sleeve you are at 9 cards. Does that work for you?

I hadn't thought of cutting down the package, but that's a good idea.  Thanks!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2019, 07:02:16 PM »
A belated thanks to everyone for taking part in the latest installment of the Halloween release! I hope it added a little fun to your holiday! Now it's time to start work on my annual holiday camera card!

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2019, 07:06:02 PM »
Everyone was so vigilant about avoiding spoiler posts that images of Neil’s Halloween set from this past October never got posted (with the exception of the Snake Charmers teaser), even after Halloween came and went!  Could someone post images of the basic set?  Thanks.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2019, 06:58:45 AM »
Wacky Trick or Treat! Here ya go!

Ricjhard
#StayWacky

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2019, 08:51:57 AM »
Thanks for posting.  Some great stuff as usual.  Lost Cabin is especially clever, and quite apropos as an effective horror movie premise!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2019, 03:14:03 PM »
Thanks for posting.  Some great stuff as usual.  Lost Cabin is especially clever, and quite apropos as an effective horror movie premise!

Agreed! And the SYR.I.P is ingenious.

anything