Author Topic: Now at Target - ANS.....2 ???????  (Read 6695 times)

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
Now at Target - ANS.....2 ???????
« on: August 24, 2010, 08:33:03 PM »
I've been scanning my local Target stores for the first batch of ANS7.  They have not yet arrived, but my local stores are suddenly restocking with ANS2 cling packs!  A couple of months ago I saw ANS3 at the Lawrence Target.  Maybe they'll put out ANS1 next?

Offline Smokin Joe

• "Get some for your honey"
    • Smokin' Joe's Art and Illustration
Re: Now at Target - ANS.....2 ???????
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 08:38:58 PM »
...maybe some original series boxes will show up next.... they probably have pallets of 16th Series that have been burried for decades ready to hit the shelves. (I'm going to sit at my local Target and wait... I'll let you know how it goes.)
Smokin' Joe

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 06:29:09 AM »
...maybe some original series boxes will show up next.... they probably have pallets of 16th Series that have been burried for decades ready to hit the shelves. (I'm going to sit at my local Target and wait... I'll let you know how it goes.)
IF they have pallets of series 16,we'll be lucky if they offer some online,nice work with your postcards BTW.
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline kidwacky

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »
The local target / Walmart stores here restock on Thursday. So i will not start looking until tomorrow.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 09:36:10 AM »
I know the Target and Super Target I have recently been to doesn't sell any old ANS1-6 Wacky Packages items, but the recent encounter of recent year Wackies I have seen was some ANS6 packs at a local game store in a shopping mall back in May or June.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 09:42:53 AM »
I know the Target and Super Target I have recently been to doesn't sell any old ANS1-6 Wacky Packages items, but the recent encounter of recent year Wackies I have seen was some ANS6 packs at a local game store in a shopping mall back in May or June.
I found ANS2 cling packs at two Targets this week, and an empty ANS3 box at a third Target.  ANS6 I've been finding in the supermarket vending machine, and at the comic shop.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 12:58:04 PM »
I found ANS2 cling packs at two Targets this week, and an empty ANS3 box at a third Target.  ANS6 I've been finding in the supermarket vending machine, and at the comic shop.

My wife told me that there was a box of ANS2 packs at the Target where she got my ANS7 Gravity Feed today.  Don't know if they were clings or magnets.  If they are magnet packs, I will be a-raidin'
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 01:59:34 PM »
The Target near me had ANS2 and ANS5 packs.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 05:10:05 PM »
I've never seen a WP item in "my" Target, ever, but I still keep watching for them. Today, as I looked through the trading card shelves, I saw none, but happened to glance upwards during my search of the shelves and saw a Excel banner, with one ad sheet announced, "Wacky Packages ANS7 Coming Soon". Since I've never seen a WP product at "my" Target, I'll believe it when I see it.

The other day at Target a kid saw me intensely scanning the cards boxes and he asked me what I was looking for. I was a bit annoyed I couldn't hand him a pack and say, "These!"

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »
The Target near me had ANS2 and ANS5 packs.

That's the first I've heard of ANS5 being out there again. Usually it's ANS2 & 3.

Oh and for those that can't find any ANS7 in their Targets, I've seen some tucked in ANS2 and/or ANS3 boxes. So be sure to check those. I think they didn't have room to add the ANS7 gravity feed, so they just added the packs to those older boxes.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 06:14:47 AM »
That's the first I've heard of ANS5 being out there again. Usually it's ANS2 & 3.

Oh and for those that can't find any ANS7 in their Targets, I've seen some tucked in ANS2 and/or ANS3 boxes. So be sure to check those. I think they didn't have room to add the ANS7 gravity feed, so they just added the packs to those older boxes.

Now you tell us, LOL! I've been to Target 6 times looking for those gravity feeds!

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 03:22:40 PM »
I finally found ANS7 at the Target in Mechanicsburg,PA today. They also had an almost full box of ANS2 on the shelf. Next time I stop in I'm taking a magnet along.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 03:30:39 PM »
I finally found ANS7 at the Target in Mechanicsburg,PA today. They also had an almost full box of ANS2 on the shelf. Next time I stop in I'm taking a magnet along.

You don't need a magnet to find ANS2 magnet packs.  ANS2 magnet packs have the magnet packed as the last card next to the back of the pack.  Just rub your fingers over the back of the pack and you will be able to feel the ridge of the magnet die cut through the wrapper.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 03:39:42 PM »
Thanks for the info. I did not know that as I have never opened any before.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 08:37:33 PM »
Now you tell us, LOL! I've been to Target 6 times looking for those gravity feeds!

But you live in Kansas now. They are the last to get Wacky's ;D

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 09:17:02 PM »
I think most (maybe all?) of the boxes of ANS 2 that people have been spotting at Target have been the Cling packs. No magnets. But maybe you'll get lucky and get some mags.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 12:51:58 AM »
I think most (maybe all?) of the boxes of ANS 2 that people have been spotting at Target have been the Cling packs. No magnets. But maybe you'll get lucky and get some mags.
NEWS aleart! people are still buying and collecting ANS2 magnets and clings. They have not moved on since 2005. It might be contagious. Us any power you have to resist the Mo Fo's on all levels. These people can be armed and dangerous. I repeat, stay in your homes, do not go to Target as this may lead to counter attacks!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 02:50:52 AM »
These people can be armed and dangerous. I repeat, stay in your homes, do not go to Target as this may lead to counter attacks!
Since it's still a WP wasteland at my Target, I'm shooting a few rounds while I wait.
                      [expando]http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4105/myg2001.171/0_34fdb_f681e60a_XL.jpg[/expando]

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 04:42:21 AM »
But you live in Kansas now. They are the last to get Wacky's ;D

I need to speak to someone at Topps Distribution. Maybe they can divert their Colorado shipments to Kansas City :)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 07:06:07 PM »
I've been scanning my local Target stores for the first batch of ANS7.  They have not yet arrived, but my local stores are suddenly restocking with ANS2 cling packs!  A couple of months ago I saw ANS3 at the Lawrence Target.  Maybe they'll put out ANS1 next?
I stopped off at Party City hoping to find the ANS7 3+gum packs, but no luck.
But guess what they did have - - - 3 full boxes of ANS2.
One 24 count Cling Pack box and two 36 count Magnet Pack boxes.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 08:59:43 PM »
I need to speak to someone at Topps Distribution. Maybe they can divert their Colorado shipments to Kansas City :)

I heard Topps sent the 3 card, no inserts, with gum packs to Kansas because those kids wouldn't know any different  ;D
I bet you miss those mountains!

anything