Author Topic: Stash Of Wacky Packages Treausres Found  (Read 4885 times)

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
Stash Of Wacky Packages Treausres Found
« on: July 10, 2019, 07:29:19 PM »
I have located a stash of Wacky Packages items. I am in direct communication with the owner and for now he prefers that I be the contact point on the forum for anyone who might be interested in a purchase. For now I know that we have the 1979 1st Series Reissue sheets, a few 3rd Series Reissue Sheets and 4th Series Reissue Sheets. As I gain more information on any other items that may be there I will post that information, so for now, please only message me in regard to the Reissue sheets. This is an amazing find! (And not just because I am the biggest Reissue fanatic on the planet lol)

Offline NationalSpittoon

Re: Stash Of Wacky Packages Treausres Found
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 02:15:46 AM »
Well... how much are they? I may be interested.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 07:37:01 PM »
1st series sheets $20 each for 1-5 , $18 each for 6 or more. These are in nice condition, may have some corner wear.

3rd series sheets for now are on hold due to the uncertainty of how many are there and the condition. I will update as I learn more.

4th series sheets $75 each.

The price point compensates for some imperfections as while they are not mint, they are super examples of the sheets.

They will be shipped flat since rolling them causes stickers to come loose. Shipping should be about $10 no matter how many sheets you purchase.

Offline landoquakes

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 08:14:20 PM »
Are the sheets full sheets (2 sets of stickers) or have they been cut in half? I have to say I don't recall seeing too many 3rds series sheets.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 03:29:50 AM »
Hi Pete,

They are full sheets. Yes you are correct, the 3rd series sheets are not as common. The order goes 1st, 4th, 3rd and 2nd. From most common to least common.

I was informed last night that at least for now, the sheets are off the market. I do however believe there is another very cool wacky item in the warehouse. If and when we find it I will post it here.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 01:35:58 PM »
Do any 2nd series reissue sheets exist?

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 06:26:35 PM »
Yes. They are extremely rare. (Although I hate to use the word "rare" for anything being that there are so many sellers that over use that word)
I Have only found two for sale in the last 18 years and I realize that does not mean there were not more, just that in my never ending quest to root out any and all reissues, that is all that I have found. I purchased one of them and should have purchased the second one as well but it got away from me.

The second series has proven to be the least available in all areas. Stickers, packs, boxes and sheets.

As an example see the pic below. I found a guy who had a stash of super clean reissues and purchased maybe 1,000 - 1,200 stickers from him recently. Maybe the nicest stickers I have seen. You can see in the pic that as usual, the second series supply he had was much less than the other series. I guess I have given you way more information then you wanted. I appologize. Im too passionate about this I suppose.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 02:37:08 AM »
Looks like good material. I still haven’t finished my reissue sets..  :]

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 09:35:49 AM »
This may have been discussed before, but aren't most (if not all) of the 1st series reissue sheets found that you see on eBay the "Bond Bread" sheets that were supposedly printed up for distribution in loaves of bread?  Are there any legitimate 1st series reissue sheets that were used for the actual reissue packs?  And if so, can you tell the difference?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2019, 06:50:54 PM »
That is something I do not know much about but would love to hear what others know. I guess I was not aware of the fact that there were separate sheets made for the Bond Bread deal. Ive only got a dozen or so sheets but they are all the same Im sure. I will have to dig into this and see what I can find out.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 09:11:01 AM »
Based on the info on Greg's site:

http://www.wackypackages.org/sheets/1st_rerun.html

The Bond sheets were created around 1985 and per Jay Lynch they exhibited some differences in diecut technology that was not available in 1979.  And if the info is to be believed, there were 100,000 of these sheets created.

So I would think if you could proved that you have a genuine "1979" sheet, it would be worth a lot more!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2019, 04:15:41 PM »
I found that today too. Thanks for posting that. Im going to take some time to dig into this. I need to spend some time pondering and comparing die cuts. From the information I have there were no wear near 100,000 sheets but still, it will be fun to continue to add to the story.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2019, 04:22:13 PM »
Bustedfinger,

After looking closely at all of the series one sheets I have, I really do not see anything notable or different. Some sheets have Side A on the edge and some have Side B but other than that, I am not sure. I have been trying to dig up more information or paperwork on that warehouse find back in 2000 but its slow going.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2019, 07:17:23 PM »
I found that today too. Thanks for posting that. Im going to take some time to dig into this. I need to spend some time pondering and comparing die cuts. From the information I have there were no wear near 100,000 sheets but still, it will be fun to continue to add to the story.
I would tend to agree it was probably nowhere near 100,000 sheets - that’s a tremendous quantity and a disproportionate oversupply for the existing market of Wacky enthusiasts.  I also believe that a good number of individuals who got their hands on the sheets were not knowledgeable hobbyists savvy enough to leave the full sheets intact.  Figuring out that the 132-card sheet held two full sets, one on each half of the sheet, many of the sheets put up for sale on eBay are only half-sheets.  And I would venture to guess that many Reissue I sets offered for sale were scissor-cut from these sheets as well.

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2019, 10:14:25 PM »
Bustedfinger,

After looking closely at all of the series one sheets I have, I really do not see anything notable or different. Some sheets have Side A on the edge and some have Side B but other than that, I am not sure. I have been trying to dig up more information or paperwork on that warehouse find back in 2000 but its slow going.

I don't have any reprint sheets to do the comparison, but I would compare one of the die cut sheets you have with a number of KNOWN original reprint stickers (vintage so they cannot be recently cut down sheets), If I recall, the Bond Breads were found in the late 90's (98-99?), so anything in your possession longer than that would do.  Start with Lavirus, Mrs. Klean, Gadzooka, Fright Guard and if you find differences, that could be a way to differentiate Bond Bread from original sheets. 

Good luck!!  Keep us posted!!

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2019, 10:18:41 PM »
Based on the info on Greg's site:

http://www.wackypackages.org/sheets/1st_rerun.html

The Bond sheets were created around 1985 and per Jay Lynch they exhibited some differences in diecut technology that was not available in 1979.  And if the info is to be believed, there were 100,000 of these sheets created.

So I would think if you could proved that you have a genuine "1979" sheet, it would be worth a lot more!

If I recall correctly, Jay thought they were laser die cut.  A sheet with kiss cut impressions showing on the back would be a tell tale sign of originality.  Do any of the 2nd, 3rd or 4th series sheets show impressions on back (because of the thicker stock, it would be harder to tell.  Has anybody peeled back one of the common Bond Bread sheets to see what the upper side of the backing looks like?

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 04:10:00 AM »
I moved this discussion to the All Things 79-80 Reissue thread.

anything