Author Topic: WEIRD WHEELS RETURNING!!!  (Read 20708 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: WEIRD WHEELS RETURNING!!!
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2022, 12:55:41 PM »
Neil seems to have dipped a little toe into the project. Maybe he can tell us, Neil...?

Jim

I don't have any current updates, aside from the fact, that Greg is busy with other projects. But hopefully, Weird Wheels will get back on track one day soon!

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2022, 03:21:59 PM »
I don't have any current updates, aside from the fact, that Greg is busy with other projects. But hopefully, Weird Wheels will get back on track one day soon!

Hey Neil! Thanks for choking in on this. Hope we hear from Greg soon. This could be a really fun set.

Mike

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2022, 05:36:38 AM »
That last response had me really choked up! :]

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2022, 11:19:59 AM »
That last response had me really choked up! :]

Haha. Stupid autocorrect

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2022, 04:44:01 PM »
Talked to Greg. He says he'll come and post an update!

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2022, 08:27:39 PM »

Great news! Thanks for contacting him!

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2023, 08:08:40 AM »
Is Greg gonna post anytime soon?  :o

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2023, 08:34:35 PM »

Can you reach out to him again? I’ve tried to DM him with no response.

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2023, 05:58:58 AM »
Well, the wheels are finally turning (pun intended) and we have actually lined up several artists to participate! Many roughs have been drawn, and a couple of paintings have been done. There is still much work to be done, but we are actually in motion finally!

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2023, 08:17:06 AM »
Well, the wheels are finally turning (pun intended) and we have actually lined up several artists to participate! Many roughs have been drawn, and a couple of paintings have been done. There is still much work to be done, but we are actually in motion finally!

That’s great news. Is the plan for this project to still be released as a Kickstarter? Is there any timeline on release? Thanks for the update!

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2023, 08:25:26 AM »
Greg is doing most of the planning himself, but he has said end of this year is likely. He is considering a small test set to gage interest, and then a full one if the first does well. Nothing is set in stone yet, but there's definitely been movement lately!

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2023, 09:34:25 AM »
Greg is doing most of the planning himself, but he has said end of this year is likely. He is considering a small test set to gage interest, and then a full one if the first does well. Nothing is set in stone yet, but there's definitely been movement lately!

Great news. Appreciate the update! Keep the updates coming!

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2023, 08:25:39 AM »
Out of curiosity, would collectors prefer to see a small set that came out quicker, or a larger set that took longer?

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2023, 10:46:51 AM »
What about the idea of doing a smaller test set like maybe 9 cards initially to gauge interest and then a larger release based on the response?

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2023, 06:42:39 PM »
Out of curiosity, would collectors prefer to see a small set that came out quicker, or a larger set that took longer?

One thing I would ask Greg is what kind of response he had to the promo card and sticker he produced years ago. He was thinking at one point of having it be a Kickstarter project. I guess knowing what kind of set he wants to produce is the most important. Is it just going to be a base set. Will it have sketches. Will there be inserts? Take a look at the Funny Fiends set produced by Sidekick Labs a few years back. That seemed to have gone well and was fun for collectors at all levels.

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2023, 09:19:45 AM »
What about the idea of doing a smaller test set like maybe 9 cards initially to gauge interest and then a larger release based on the response?

This idea is also under consideration!

anything