Author Topic: Any Wacky Release Updates?  (Read 10033 times)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Any Wacky Release Updates?
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2019, 09:47:39 AM »
Thanks for the update!  Sounds promising.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2019, 10:04:25 AM »
Thank you very much for the update. Hope we can see a sneak-peek as to what things are going to be looking like. Last years old school set was Fantastik. You did an amazing job with it! Looking forward to whatever you come up with. 2 releases a year would be great!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2019, 07:13:55 PM »
Hey all, the new Old School set is in November. The other set is delayed until after that due to too many other things going on but it's still on. You'll be very happy with these sets I think. I'm doing something a little different with this Old School and hoping that they will do two Old School sets a year, every 6 months using this set up I've planned.

There is definitely a goal to get WP rolling again. GPK is getting a lot of licensing right now so that has been the focus. They have the advantage because of the characters being such a focus. It's easier to tie a specific character to a licensed thing than a product parody.

Thanks for the update, Dave!  I'm always happy to hear that there will be new Wackys, especially if you're involved.  I'd love to see some licensed stuff as well, but perhaps that's getting greedy.  At any rate, it's nice to have something to look forward to and I'll enjoy hearing some specifics when the time is right.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2019, 02:07:08 PM »
Dave,

Thanks for the update - I have put this out there before and want to make sure you get it to the WP Gods (even though they are cruel and punish us sometimes....hahahahahahahahahahahahaha).

Release the original 16 again, except with the Mars Attacky Packages themes to each one! The art that has been done for many of them is AWESOME(GOOO NEIL!!!!!)

Do the complete set with a Binder - Kick starter if needed to prove it can and will work!

1 Official Wrapper per series
1 Official Binder to hold all 16 of 4 to hold 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 and 13-16 (Tosser Version!!!)
Complete Mars Attacks Themes for all 16 series re-releases
Complete Puzzle for each of the series (should be consistent with the Original release)
1 Special Colored Sketch Card per series
Official COA for those that commit to a "complete" Kit

Kickstarter and GOOOOOOOO to the Moon (Mars) and Back....

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2019, 05:28:55 PM »
Amazing idea Richard! Count me in. I agree a kickstarter project would be perfect for this project

Offline bwing

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2019, 07:35:57 AM »
Although I am very pleased with Old School Series 8, I was wondering if there is any additional information/rumors about future products/series/etc.?

No 2019 General release - hoping for a 2020 Series

Offline dth1971

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2019, 07:58:41 AM »
For 2020 there might be Wacky Packages Old School 9 - 20 1970's entries plus a bonus subset of 10 1990's entries is my guess.