Author Topic: Wacky Packages Boxes Stickers Series 1 - 16  (Read 3179 times)

Offline DrDeal

Wacky Packages Boxes Stickers Series 1 - 16
« on: June 17, 2019, 03:35:32 AM »
I recently purchased a binder to house the WP Boxes Stickers. These sets are one of my favorite non - Topps produced Wacky items. I have always loved the WP Wrappers and box art. Just as the different WP Wrappers were celebrated in Old School 4 ; these sets take you on a trip down memory lane with pics of all of the
boxes that have come out over the years. The bonus cards examine some of the more obscure wacky releases which are very interesting to see. The Wrappers' art is actually a sticker which gives us another item to collect which looks pretty sweet in a binder page. These sets have been pricey in the past but seem to have come down a bit as of late to a level where I am comfortable buying the sets a little while after they come out. Starting with set # 6 ; the puzzle has been the box that corresponds to the release number. So when they are done; sets 6 - 16 will have the correct boxes as the puzzles. I would prefer that sets 1 - 5 have that too, but I like the choice made for those puzzles such as Chrome and Tatoos. I know we are in this hobby for the art and the gags; which are not evident here ; but the iconic WP Logo art is a strong part of the hobby for me so this release is a great compliment to my overall WP collection. I like these enough that the binder sits adjacent to my 1 - 17 binders.

Offline crackedjerk

Re: Wacky Packages Boxes Stickers Series 1 - 16
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 11:00:04 AM »
I've seen these on ebay but never picked any of them up.  One main reason why is that it seemed all helter-skelter to me in terms of what was covered in what series.  Not to mention the price being pretty high.  If there was a set of "stickers" that showed all the various boxes, cases, and variations thereof available for a reasonable price, I would pick it up.  But the price seems high and I don't think I'd ever get a complete set.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 11:26:15 AM »
I agree.... although I don't care for the cut-and-paste part of these, I am curious
and would be interesting in getting a set, but when I see them listed on eBay,
it is very helter-skelter and hard to follow.l

If they just had them available on a site somewhere, I'd take 'em up on a purchase!

Those, and the ones with the vintage pin-up girls.  They seemed a bit clunky at first,
but now they're more classic and well done, and a lot of them are very clever!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 01:06:38 PM »
I agree.... although I don't care for the cut-and-paste part of these, I am curious
and would be interesting in getting a set, but when I see them listed on eBay,
it is very helter-skelter and hard to follow.l

If they just had them available on a site somewhere, I'd take 'em up on a purchase!

Those, and the ones with the vintage pin-up girls.  They seemed a bit clunky at first,
but now they're more classic and well done, and a lot of them are very clever!
Paul, the eBay site tedjeffrey's Wacky Packages Plus has the first six series and Greg Grant's Wacky Packages Web Pages and Wacky Packages Web Site both have the first four series.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 07:20:16 AM by mikecho »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 06:50:26 AM »
I love all of mine as well, unofficially, of course!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline View-Monster

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 12:35:45 PM »

Is one of the series just wrapper art? Or is this from the referenced Old School set?

--
vM

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 02:27:36 PM »
Is one of the series just wrapper art? Or is this from the referenced Old School set?

--
vM

Each release has a sticker made that is the wrapper front. I was able to acquire the Unstuck Wrapper Stickers by themselves. They make a cool set IMO.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2019, 07:54:36 AM »
Very nice Andrew!

Richard
#StayWacky