Author Topic: My latest ParoTee is now available as a Tee  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Joe G.

My latest ParoTee is now available as a Tee
« on: June 01, 2019, 06:18:11 PM »
Although it's been available in card form since March I've finally uploaded my latest ParoTee to my Threadless store.  To celebrate, all regular Tee's (that's all 7 ParoTee designs!) will be on sale with a 10% discount!  Additionally Threadless is running a special until June 14 that shipping is free on all orders $45 or more (that's 2 Tees) using code:  FREESHIP6191db926

But wait there's more!  As always I'll send the matching ParoTee card for each Tee purchased.  Note:  This is sent separately from the Tee as Threadless ships the Tees and I ship the cards.

So what are you waiting for!  Grab a few Tee and get ready to show off your ParoTee spirit this summer!
Here's the link:

https://joegparotee.threadless.com/

« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 06:21:02 PM by Joe G. »

Offline mikecho

Re: My latest ParoTee is now available as a Tee
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 01:35:33 PM »
I just noticed, Joe, that your Wacky card is based on an actual planned-but-never-made Wacky from the 1970s (you can see the rough art in the Lost Wackys section of lostwackys.com).

Patrick, can this card be put into the Master Spreadsheet? After all, someone working at Topps did conceive it back in the day.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 02:05:14 PM »
I just noticed, Joe, that your Wacky card is based on an actual planned-but-never-made Wacky from the 1970s (you can see the rough art in the Lost Wackys section of lostwackys.com).

Patrick, can this card be put into the Master Spreadsheet? After all, someone working at Topps did conceive it back in the day.

Mike, you have quite the eye for these things.  Yes, the art was done as a tribute to Jay Lynch who submitted this gag to Topps in the 70's and the card was released on the second anniversary of his passing.  What happened is that I was looking in my gag book (all Wacky artists keep one) of my many unpublished Wacky submissions and couldn't find a piece that fit what I wanted to do for my next ParoTee.  So I then started looking through my Wacky binders for inspiration and came across Jay's original art for Potion Slay which I had purchased years ago.  The timing just seemed right so I painted up the gag.  Jay is, of course, credited on the back on the card and I also made up a ParoTee numbered Bonus card which had Jay's rough on the front and an image Jay had done for me when I first starting working on Wacky's on the back.  FYI, the ParoTee card is numbered JG6.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 04:09:51 PM »
Thanks, Joe, for the compliment. I like it when my contributions here are noticed.

Patrick, I just thought of something. Note 1690 in the Spreadsheet that mentions this Wacky could be removed if the card is put into it.

Just remember that its real name is Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice Cocktail.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 06:13:40 PM by mikecho »

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 04:10:46 PM »
Joe, looks great!  Love the artwork on the Tan, Hairy Moose, a great tribute piece, but you also made it your own, too!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 05:57:54 PM »
Thank you Paul!  I did try and up date the gag a little but stay true to the master!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 12:57:15 PM »
I swear, I thought I ordered 2 shirts, but now I can't find any record of it.....

Meanwhile, my Alien Joy shirt scared the clerk at the grocery store this morning  >(  - he actually said "witchery!"  I countered with "parody" and he said he'd have to give me that one, and conceded that he was still half asleep.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 03:01:20 PM »
Will there be more parotees soon?

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 01:25:08 PM »
I swear, I thought I ordered 2 shirts, but now I can't find any record of it.....

Meanwhile, my Alien Joy shirt scared the clerk at the grocery store this morning  >(  - he actually said "witchery!"  I countered with "parody" and he said he'd have to give me that one, and conceded that he was still half asleep.

Pat, I just checked and don’t see an order from you for Potion Slay.  Not sure what went wrong but will send you two cards while we figure it out.

Ha, thanks for sharing that story, your retort was perfect!  I always try and make ParoTees family friendly but I guess everyone’s an art critic. I wonder what he would have said to Potion Slay which has a Witch on it?

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 01:33:59 PM »
Will there be more parotees soon?

Darryl, hopefully, but It’s tricky trying to design gags that fit into the ParoTee theme.  I’m really trying to stick to the fun horror, sci-fi, fantasy vibe and also parody well known, classic brands.  I’m been dying to do a 2001: A Space Odyssey gag but again it’s tough to get the right balance of humor and design without getting too esoteric. 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 03:18:23 PM »
Pat, I just checked and don’t see an order from you for Potion Slay.  Not sure what went wrong but will send you two cards while we figure it out.

Ha, thanks for sharing that story, your retort was perfect!  I always try and make ParoTees family friendly but I guess everyone’s an art critic. I wonder what he would have said to Potion Slay which has a Witch on it?

Good point - I must be sure to not wear a Potion Slay shirt to Shop Rite.......