Wacky Packages Discussion > General Wacky Packages Discussion

Credit Breach

(1/4) > >>

crackedjerk:
Anyone else get the letter from Topps today saying there was a (potential) credit breach?  I'll be honest, I haven't even read it as it's a bit lengthy and I just walked in the door.  But I'm curious if those who understand such things can put it in plain English.

g.u.e.s.t.:
I received a letter from Topps today too. They are basically telling you if you made an online purchase at Topps.com between Nov 19, 2018 and Jan 9, 2019 your personal information including your debit or credit card info may have been compromised due to a hack of their website. You should follow the instructions in the letter and check your accounts for any unauthorized charges and consider contacting all three credit reporting agencies.

Unfortunately,  this sort of thing is becoming all too common and frequent.

crackedjerk:

--- Quote from: g.u.e.s.t. on March 05, 2019, 12:07:10 PM ---I received a letter from Topps today too. They are basically telling you if you made an online purchase at Topps.com between Nov 19, 2018 and Jan 9, 2019 your personal information including your debit or credit card info may have been compromised due to a hack of their website. You should follow the instructions in the letter and check your accounts for any unauthorized charges and consider contacting all three credit reporting agencies.

Unfortunately,  this sort of thing is becoming all too common and frequent.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!  I don't recall if I made a purchase from Topps during that time, though I do check my credit card statements carefully and haven't found a charge.

RawGoo:
I always checkout with Paypal, so I guess that's why I didn't get a notification.

DrDeal:

--- Quote from: RawGoo on March 06, 2019, 02:46:55 AM ---I always checkout with Paypal, so I guess that's why I didn't get a notification.

--- End quote ---

Same here. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version