Author Topic: Series 14 Tri-Fold Set and Super nice 12th series set  (Read 11281 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Series 14 Tri-Fold Set and Super nice 12th series set
« on: August 20, 2010, 02:59:54 PM »
I just posted 2 auctions that you may want to be aware of if there are holes in your collection.

Series 14 Tri-Fold Set with Puzzle set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230514089133

Super Sharp series 12 set with puzzle. I posted some higher res shots for you to see.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230514091224

Offline Campy

• work in progress
Re: Series 14 Tri-Fold Set and Super nice 12th series set
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 03:41:13 PM »
What are te tri fold??

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 03:58:50 PM »
What are te tri fold??
I have never taken the backs off one but they are tan backs with a double folded back. That's a horrible way to describe it  ???
Anyway here is a closer picture of the back. Very unique and were only done with series 14's kinda like Ludlows but not as rare.

http://www.wackypackages.org/stickers/14th_series/14th_tan_trifold-back_smaller_images.jpg

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 11:10:59 PM »
I have, actually, had 2 of these sets fall into my lap (series 12) and have made the almost perfect set for myself. Just take a look at the puzzle, it's almost a perfect match. Like I said in the auction, you would have thought another person printed these. That is how perfect this set is. There are 2 cards that do have a little bit of glue through them on their back, (full disclosure) but I highly doubt another collector has this nice of a series 12 in their collection. I was totally blown away that a set that is almost 40 years old would be kept so pristine.

I do have a high level for the cards I have in my keeper sets. Many know me as the guy that wants the best. I think my keeper collection is one of the best and when I ever decide to sell it you would be crazy not to bid on it because you shouldn't expect any less. Not saying I am perfect but since I have been trying to build my collection since 2004 I have been striving to have the best collection in the biz.
This is but an example of what you should expect from my keeper collection.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 07:41:37 AM »
I have never taken the backs off one but they are tan backs with a double folded back. That's a horrible way to describe it  ???
Anyway here is a closer picture of the back. Very unique and were only done with series 14's kinda like Ludlows but not as rare.

http://www.wackypackages.org/stickers/14th_series/14th_tan_trifold-back_smaller_images.jpg

I finished my tri-fold set last year and it took me several years.  If anyone wanted a full set and could get it at your starting price that would be a bargain as far as I'm concerned.  Do you have one in your keeper collection or is this it?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 09:16:39 AM »
I finished my tri-fold set last year and it took me several years.  If anyone wanted a full set and could get it at your starting price that would be a bargain as far as I'm concerned.  Do you have one in your keeper collection or is this it?

That is the only Tri-Fold that I have. I have a lot of inventory that I have acquired over the last couple years. I plan to thin some of it out over the next few weeks. I have mostly series 1,2,11-15 in full sets. I have a bunch of singles from series 1-8. If anyone is looking for something just let me know.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 09:52:18 AM »
That is the only Tri-Fold that I have. I have a lot of inventory that I have acquired over the last couple years. I plan to thin some of it out over the next few weeks. I have mostly series 1,2,11-15 in full sets. I have a bunch of singles from series 1-8. If anyone is looking for something just let me know.

I'll send you my need list for the heck of it.  Maybe you can help with some of the upgrades from your extra singles. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline waxo

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 01:32:26 PM »
Do you have any of these puzzle cards:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:33:13 PM by waxo »

Offline waxo

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 07:35:19 AM »
Thank you, Brad

I'll get the payment out at the end of the week for the (8) Wacky Puzzle Cards.

Mike

Offline waxo

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 09:43:22 AM »
Payment sent, Brad

Thanks again!

anything