Author Topic: Wrappers and Boxes  (Read 6972 times)

Offline Campy

• work in progress
Wrappers and Boxes
« on: March 03, 2019, 05:30:27 PM »

Hi All,

I am in the process of scaling down my collections and have decided not to collect the wrappers and boxes so if anyone has any interest please PM me. I am also selling off some of my extra full boxes.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline Campy

• work in progress
Re: Wrappers and Boxes
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 07:37:11 PM »

Wow, lots of questions. So let me answer some here and then I will post some pics. I am just starting to clear out some of the two rooms full of stuff that are extras. for this tread it will be the new series 1-11 with OS1- 5 I have empty and full boxes and wrappers for most all of the new stuff that has come out since 2004 I believe. I do have some original series stuff that I will be listing once I get through the new stuff( I am too old to climb over this stuff so I have to list it as I dig through it) >(

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 12:22:25 AM »
I know what you mean about climbing over stuff!  I've been working my way through boxes and bags of toys   and listing them on ebay just to get them out of here.  In my digging, I too have found a lot of ANS boxes and wrappers.  I got really excited when I found an old fun pack bag in a box this past weekend, but it was open, and it just had basketball cards and football stickers left in it.  Oh, and one rock hard piece of Bazooka gum.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 11:45:05 AM »
....  Oh, and one rock hard piece of Bazooka gum.

Isn't that redundant?  ;)
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 05:14:32 PM »
I know what you mean about climbing over stuff!  I've been working my way through boxes and bags of toys   and listing them on ebay just to get them out of here.  In my digging, I too have found a lot of ANS boxes and wrappers.  I got really excited when I found an old fun pack bag in a box this past weekend, but it was open, and it just had basketball cards and football stickers left in it.  Oh, and one rock hard piece of Bazooka gum.

Could this be a new show in the works?  Wacky Pack Hoarders!  Buried alive on TLC....  :)

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 09:08:38 PM »
what year were they from?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 01:24:49 AM »

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 01:55:59 PM »
Darrell, loves those unopened packs.  maybe you can upgrade some more of your wacky's

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 06:03:59 PM »

I believe this is a sealed series 17 promo box, I am taking offers on all items.

SOLD
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 07:42:09 AM by Campy »

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 07:28:57 PM »

I am also selling sealed bonus boxes from series 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9 and Flashback 1 &2 series I have variations from Target, walmart, and some from the out of business Toy's R Us if anyone is interested. Sealed bonus pks ( two pks and bonus cards)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 08:07:01 PM by Campy »

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 08:11:00 PM »

Unfolded posters

« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 08:12:40 PM by Campy »

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2019, 08:14:01 PM »

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 07:03:43 PM »
What the heck is a series 17 promo box? 

I believe this is a sealed series 17 promo box, I am taking offers on all items.

SOLD
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 02:16:57 AM »
What the heck is a series 17 promo box?
Just one of many bootleg “fantasy” items making the rounds in the Wacky-collecting universe. 

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 05:37:42 AM »
Just one of many bootleg “fantasy” items making the rounds in the Wacky-collecting universe.

Ah... pretty neat!  In my opinion, it succeeds in being close enough to the real yet weirdly "more" enough to feel like an alternate universe item.  :-)
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 06:04:12 PM »
Ah... pretty neat!  In my opinion, it succeeds in being close enough to the real yet weirdly "more" enough to feel like an alternate universe item.  :-)
At least in this case it’s innocuous enough in that we all know a 17th vintage box can’t be real, but given the production and color printing quality of this box, it looms ominous when one considers the possibilities of determined counterfeiters with Wacky ambitions....

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 09:25:32 PM »
At least in this case it’s innocuous enough in that we all know a 17th vintage box can’t be real, but given the production and color printing quality of this box, it looms ominous when one considers the possibilities of determined counterfeiters with Wacky ambitions....

I would imagine it does. 

Offline drono

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 03:06:29 AM »
I would imagine it does.

It makes you really wonder about any boxes in pristine condition that aren't filled with packs.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 06:36:44 PM »
It makes you really wonder about any boxes in pristine condition that aren't filled with packs.
I think you have to apply a lot of intuition and common sense.  To your point, yes, anything that’s at the upper end of the value spectrum, like a diecut box, pink Cloth stickers or the rare Wacky Ads box, as well as Ratz/Cracked Animals and so forth, I would be very careful with anything that looks too minty mint, at least from unknown individuals.  That’s why money counterfeiters zero in on $100 bills; toiling over $1 or $5 bills doesn’t justify the time, expense, and risk.

Of course dealing with anyone known and reputable in the Wacky community such as Forum members here should steer buyers to legit vintage stuff.  And to be completely fair, I do believe reproductions of rare boxes have been produced for interested collectors in the past, but they were very openly and honestly identified as such.  Hopefully they were at least designed with some notation that identifies them as replicas, in the event items change hands without the knowledge being passed along.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2019, 09:16:28 PM »
I have never seen a box reproduction that looks real in hand. Not saying it couldn’t be done, but I’ve seen no evidence that it has been. I think it would be difficult to make fakes that could fool knowledgeable, experienced collectors.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019, 05:50:03 PM »
Agreed, and that’s what I meant by intuition - an experienced collector knows that an authentic vintage box should have a certain aged, lived-in quality to it, even a high-grade one.  Just like a vintage comic book has that telltale smell to the paper.  I didn’t mean to suggest the market is flooded with bogus fakes being purported as real, but with all the knockoff stuff being made today, and not necessarily being represented clearly as the homemades that they are (i.e., described as “lost” or “variation set”), there would seem to be potential for more of this in the future.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2019, 07:17:55 PM »
I have never seen a box reproduction that looks real in hand. Not saying it couldn’t be done, but I’ve seen no evidence that it has been. I think it would be difficult to make fakes that could fool knowledgeable, experienced collectors.
You are over-estimating the number of people that can identify fakes.  I remember a pile of Duane fake boxes at a show years ago and watching collectors marvel at them having no idea they were fake.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

anything