Author Topic: ANS7 Retail Tracker  (Read 101043 times)

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
Re: ANS7 Retail Tracker
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2010, 07:03:14 PM »
Saw a Gravity feed at my local Target (Vista, CA)  Wasn't even put out.  It was in a box by one of the cash registers with some other gravity feed.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Dead

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2010, 07:57:37 PM »
On Wednesday, I got to the local Target just as the guy was setting out the gravity feed on display.  I asked the guy if there were any more Wacky items, since he still had a number of cases he was unpacking.  He said no, but that they got new stuff in every day (!?) and that I should check back.  I bought 15 packs and left.

Today (Friday) I went back on the slim chance that they'd gotten in any bonus packs or anything, and found nothing.  That's NOTHING nothing, as in not even the gravity feeder made it 48 hours.  There was just a blank bit of wall where a gravity feeder had once hung...

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2010, 10:51:50 PM »
I asked a Target employee to open 5 Excell cases, hoping for some bonus boxes or blister packs. Nothing. She told me they put out their Excell stock Mon, Wed & Fri.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2010, 11:52:55 AM »
NJ Targets in Watchung, Union, Bridgewater and Menlo park  are all Zeros today. Purchased the three Blister Bonus stickers off the bay just now.

DrDeal

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2010, 12:59:58 PM »
NJ Targets in Watchung, Union, Bridgewater and Menlo park  are all Zeros today. Purchased the three Blister Bonus stickers off the bay just now.

DrDeal

so to confirm, ebay's the only place to get blister packs?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2010, 01:08:04 PM »
I am really hoping that the blisters and bonus boxes (and cereal boxes) show up at Target next week or shortly after.  Didn't this happen with FB, just gravity feeds at first?  I'd buy from Topps directly if they had a free shipping promo, but without that, I'm going to wait.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2010, 01:23:11 PM »
at this exact moment, sure.
but just wait a week and they'll be out in wide distribution in retail and easy to find at local stores.

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2010, 01:27:08 PM »
I am really hoping that the blisters and bonus boxes (and cereal boxes) show up at Target next week or shortly after.  Didn't this happen with FB, just gravity feeds at first?  I'd buy from Topps directly if they had a free shipping promo, but without that, I'm going to wait.
exactly. it just takes a week or two to get 700,000 packs distributed. Heck, even Topps doesn't have the cereal boxes or bonus boxes at the moment.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2010, 03:38:21 PM »
I have finally found ANS7 at the Target in Mechanicsburg,PA. Only a gravity feed. Had 2 packs missing when I got there. I bought 10 and left 36. I ended up with 43 out of 55 base cards(multiple doubles), 7 out of 20 Wack-O-Mercials(again, multiple doubles), 2 foils, 3 silver borders, 2 pink borders, and 2 foils. No golds, auotgraphs, or sketches.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2010, 04:49:20 PM »
I think the blisters will surface at WalMart. I just felt like getting the 3 bonus stickers from the bay for $9 as I would like to finish up the bonus stickers in the coming week. My Topps order will have the others (Binder/ Bonus box/ Cereal).  Now I just need to score a Gold Sparkle and this set will be done for me. No more sketch hunting for me. I will wait for the next postcard release to score some sketches  :)

Offline Mashbox

• Drive Yourself Buggy
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2010, 07:24:07 PM »
Trying to avoid the spoiler threads until my box arrives tomorrow, so let me sum up...

Nothing at Wal-Mart near me... along with the box I ordered through DaCard, I ordered the two cereal box packs from the Topps website as well as that collector's album. Will probably check the Target in my parents' hometown when I head up for Labor Day weekend for blister packs and bonus boxes.

Looking forward to my box arriving tomorrow and the stuff I ordered from Topps should arrive Thursday. It's gonna be a Wacky week!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2010, 07:46:35 PM »
Finally got some packs. Hope to get some stuff from Topps soon as well.

1: What store locations you saw product in?  Target, South Brunswick, NJ
2: What was there?  1 Gravity Feed Box with 22 packs.
3: What you purchased?  22 packs.
4: What you left behind so others can drop by that store and hopefully pick up some cards?  Nothing but the Gravity box.

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
I have finally found ANS7 at  4 Targets in Miami, Fl ONLY, no Wal Mart or K-Mart. Only a gravity feed. Seems like I was the first buyer as the checkout girl said she had not seen them. Lucky for the Gravity Box- It next to the CRAZY Band section- so kids will see them. I bought 8 packs each from 4 stores, I felt lucky. I ended up with all 55 base cards(multiple doubles), 6 out of 20 Wack-O-Mercials(multiple doubles), 5 foils, 5 pink borders, and 1 sparkly foil. No golds, auotgraphs, or sketches.

Anybody with spare Wacko-commericals for trade or Foils, let me know

Choke_Wagon
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 09:06:49 PM by Choke_Wagon »

Offline mallomartian

« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2010, 07:01:58 AM »

DrDeal

Im checking NJ too. Menlo Park and Milltown Targets, Woodbridge and North Bruns Walmarts. Nothing as of Friday 8/27.
It was such a letdown. I love finding them in the stores and I dont want to pay any more shipping charges.
Amy

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2010, 08:23:07 AM »
I have finally found ANS7 at  4 Targets in Miami, Fl ONLY, no Wal Mart or K-Mart. Only a gravity feed. Seems like I was the first buyer as the checkout girl said she had not seen them. Lucky for the Gravity Box- It next to the CRAZY Band section- so kids will see them. I bought 8 packs each from 4 stores, I felt lucky. I ended up with all 55 base cards(multiple doubles), 6 out of 20 Wack-O-Mercials(multiple doubles), 5 foils, 5 pink borders, and 1 sparkly foil. No golds, auotgraphs, or sketches.

Anybody with spare Wacko-commericals for trade or Foils, let me know

Choke_Wagon

It will be interesting to see if ANYONE finds any in a Walmart.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2010, 08:36:55 AM »
It will be interesting to see if ANYONE finds any in a Walmart.

I won't even bother checking Wal-Mart this time around, for me there is no reason to. I ordered the bonus box from topps online and I will keep checking Target for the blister packs anyway. I have never had much luck with finding Wacky Packages at Wal-Mart.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2010, 08:40:20 AM »
I won't even bother checking Wal-Mart this time around, for me there is no reason to. I ordered the bonus box from topps online and I will keep checking Target for the blister packs anyway. I have never had much luck with finding Wacky Packages at Wal-Mart.

Saw a total of 1 box of ANS 5 at Wal-Mart, nothing there since.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2010, 10:49:20 AM »
Im checking NJ too. Menlo Park and Milltown Targets, Woodbridge and North Bruns Walmarts. Nothing as of Friday 8/27.
It was such a letdown. I love finding them in the stores and I dont want to pay any more shipping charges.
Amy
All these towns you're mentioning are making me homesick.

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2010, 11:49:45 AM »
ANS7 Wackys have shown up on this week's distribution list from Diamond, so look for them at your local comic shop on Wednesday.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2010, 12:37:26 PM »
ANS7 Wackys have shown up on this week's distribution list from Diamond, so look for them at your local comic shop on Wednesday.

I hope most shops are not like the one I go to.  The only Wackys that will be there at the shop I go to is the sole box I pre-ordered.  If it isn't a collectible-card-game (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic the Gathering, etc.) they will not order any beyond specific requests.  What a shame.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2010, 06:27:04 PM »
Anyone get an email confirmation from Topps that their order shipped today? Most of the ANS7 items had 8/30 listed as a ship date. No email for me today. Was hoping to receivethe binder/ bonus box/ Cereal Sets on Wed.  Not likely at this point.

DrDeal

Taz

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »
Anyone get an email confirmation from Topps that their order shipped today? Most of the ANS7 items had 8/30 listed as a ship date. No email for me today. Was hoping to receivethe binder/ bonus box/ Cereal Sets on Wed.  Not likely at this point.

DrDeal

I just checked, same results.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2010, 06:40:34 PM »
I just checked the spam filter on my email and found that Topps sent an "Items shipped" email on Saturday 8/28. I checked the tracking and it will be here tomorrow. Woo Hoo!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2010, 07:06:09 PM »

DrDeal

I got a notice that my Cereal Boxes have shipped.  The UPS tracking number indicates they will be here on 9-2-2010.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2010, 09:14:48 PM »

Here in backwater Terre Haute Indiana, we have 2 Walmarts and no Targets. After work, I stopped at one of the Walmarts for non-Wacky reasons. As I walked past the cash registers, I spied the trading card section so stopped to take a look. Much to my surprise, they had a gravity feed box. Since I purchased a case and have already opened those 8 boxes, I only grabbed 5 packs mainly for the wrapper variations. I was very surprised they also had 4 of the cereal box sets (2 of each tray type). Since I have some of these on order from Topps, I left them for some other surprised shopper. Just amazed to see these here.

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2010, 07:12:50 AM »
Here in backwater Terre Haute Indiana, we have 2 Walmarts and no Targets. After work, I stopped at one of the Walmarts for non-Wacky reasons. As I walked past the cash registers, I spied the trading card section so stopped to take a look. Much to my surprise, they had a gravity feed box. Since I purchased a case and have already opened those 8 boxes, I only grabbed 5 packs mainly for the wrapper variations. I was very surprised they also had 4 of the cereal box sets (2 of each tray type). Since I have some of these on order from Topps, I left them for some other surprised shopper. Just amazed to see these here.

Wow!  That's good to hear.  Now maybe others will check Walmarts knowing that at least one other store had them.  Were the cereal boxes with all of the other trading cards?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2010, 07:56:19 AM »

I may have to venture off to Walmart now. I checked a couple over the weekend and nothing so maybe they stocked the shelves yesterday?

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2010, 09:15:11 AM »
Any one know how much they are charging for the cereal box trays at retail stores?  Is it the same as what Topps is charging?  I would rather buy them in the wild and not pay for shipping if the cost is the same.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2010, 09:29:23 AM »
Wow!  That's good to hear.  Now maybe others will check Walmarts knowing that at least one other store had them.  Were the cereal boxes with all of the other trading cards?

Yep, the cereal boxes were with the other card boxes although they were not prominently displayed in any fashion. They were placed on the shelf with the edge end forward and pushed back in the shadowy depths. If I hadn't already seen the pictures of this item on the Topps website, I don't know if it would
have drawn my attention. Since I have 2 of each tray on order from Topps, I fought the urge to purchase, although that old Wacky collectors' adage kept running through my head... "One in the hand at Walmart is worth two via USPS from Topps"... or something like that.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2010, 11:24:01 AM »
Did anyone order items from the Toppsonlinestore for series 7 and get a confirmation email that their order was on the way(shipped)?  I only got an email the day I ordered confirming that I made the order, nothing about it being shipped as of yet.  Yet the website said, "shipping out on August 30" for the cereal boxes and bonus boxes .  BTW, the bonus boxes are out of stock at the online store when I last looked.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2010, 11:30:12 AM »
Did anyone order items from the Toppsonlinestore for series 7 and get a confirmation email that their order was on the way(shipped)?  I only got an email the day I ordered confirming that I made the order, nothing about it being shipped as of yet.  Yet the website said, "shipping out on August 30" for the cereal boxes and bonus boxes .  BTW, the bonus boxes are out of stock at the online store when I last looked.

I placed my order on Friday afternoon but have yet to receive my shipping number.  I checked my account for status and it shows as order placed but not yet shipped.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2010, 11:37:36 AM »
I just got home and there was a box from Topps on the front porch. I got the cereal boxes and the binder. The binder looks sharp! It is like the other other binders....puffy. The cereal boxes are super cool!!! I can't wait to open them!

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2010, 12:03:20 PM »
I just opened the two ceral box sets. I got:
1 complete base set
29 duplicate base stickers
1 complete black border Wackomercial set
6 red border Wackomercial stickers
Cereal cards C1-C6
2 sets 1-3 Web Cards

I gotta admit that I think the web cards are kinda lame.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2010, 12:05:17 PM »
I placed my order on Friday afternoon but have yet to receive my shipping number.  I checked my account for status and it shows as order placed but not yet shipped.
Ditto.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »
I just opened the two ceral box sets. I got:
1 complete base set
29 duplicate base stickers
1 complete black border Wackomercial set
6 red border Wackomercial stickers
Cereal cards C1-C6
2 sets 1-3 Web Cards

I gotta admit that I think the web cards are kinda lame.

Did they use the OS version of Cap'n Crud or the horrible Flashback version without the shading on the right side?
Any changes in the other 5 cereal stickers, or are they pretty much faithful reproductions? I can't wait to get Awful Bits!