Author Topic: ANS7 Retail Tracker  (Read 101311 times)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
Re: ANS7 Retail Tracker
« Reply #385 on: October 15, 2010, 07:16:20 PM »
The ones I found at K-Mart were the regular ones with bonus cards.  I didn't pick any of them up because they were pretty beat up.

I also went by the first Dollar Tree where the checkout girl gave me the Gravity Feed and they actually had another one out!  I thought about trying to snag it but it looked like it was almost full and I didn't want to buy all those packs.  I may go back in a week or so and see if the packs are getting sold down.

Seems like they sent the whole supply to that Dollar Tree.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #386 on: October 20, 2010, 04:59:23 PM »
I found bonus boxes and bonus blisters at Sports Authority today  - $10 and $4, respectively.  So cool to find them in the wild I bought some - I've found cool Wackys there before, so I figure let's encourage them to carry Wackys.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #387 on: October 20, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »
I found bonus boxes and bonus blisters at Sports Authority today  - $10 and $4, respectively.  So cool to find them in the wild I bought some - I've found cool Wackys there before, so I figure let's encourage them to carry Wackys.
thanks for that info! that's the first I've heard of them in the wild.
I've been meaning to stop by the local Authority, as they've carried sports cards and GPK in the past. I've never seen wacky's though, so I hope this time is different. I still need a bonus box, so if not the Authority, then I'm off to CardGary's

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #388 on: October 21, 2010, 05:02:02 AM »
thanks for that info! that's the first I've heard of them in the wild.
I've been meaning to stop by the local Authority, as they've carried sports cards and GPK in the past. I've never seen wacky's though, so I hope this time is different. I still need a bonus box, so if not the Authority, then I'm off to CardGary's

Much more satisfying to find them on a store shelf!  I left a lot behind, will check back in a couple of days to see if they're gone.

One thing I like about these packaging formats is that they shouldn't be searchable.  After seeing all the 'hot pack' auctions lately, I no longer want to buy gravity feed packs.

• Administrator
« Reply #389 on: October 21, 2010, 04:27:50 PM »
Much more satisfying to find them on a store shelf!  I left a lot behind, will check back in a couple of days to see if they're gone.

One thing I like about these packaging formats is that they shouldn't be searchable.  After seeing all the 'hot pack' auctions lately, I no longer want to buy gravity feed packs.
no luck for me at sports authority. they had actually dismantled the trading card display just a couple of days ago, so they wheeled out the remnants in a shopping cart! some baseball and a non-sport thing, but no wackys. They've had little or no card sales for a long, long time so they are giving up at this store.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #390 on: October 21, 2010, 04:45:18 PM »

Wow ! At Sports Authority? That's incredible and cool.

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #391 on: October 23, 2010, 12:20:55 PM »

Yeah, I too am leery about the gravity feeds now. Seems like the look extra "picked over" whenever I see them. I bought some bonus boxes from CardGary's and liked the fact that the packs were untouched. Blister packs are kind of pissing me off though because the bonus stickers are almost ALWAYS BENT on the corners, because they aren't in cellophane so they bang around. Annoying.

Last of the ANS7 I bought from a Wal-Mart here and they had 6 packs. One was taped to the front of the gravity feed (which I carefully peeled off). It was at this point I could see that the gravity feed box wasn't even a Wacky one anymore. It was some other fantasy/penguin/glittery-unicorn-whatever box. Seems like Wackys were really abused this time 'round. The last of 'em at the other Wal-Mart were rubber-banded (aiieee!) and laying unceremoniously on the back of the shelf on their sides.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #392 on: October 24, 2010, 11:14:44 AM »
Yeah, I too am leery about the gravity feeds now. Seems like the look extra "picked over" whenever I see them. I bought some bonus boxes from CardGary's and liked the fact that the packs were untouched. Blister packs are kind of pissing me off though because the bonus stickers are almost ALWAYS BENT on the corners, because they aren't in cellophane so they bang around. Annoying.

Last of the ANS7 I bought from a Wal-Mart here and they had 6 packs. One was taped to the front of the gravity feed (which I carefully peeled off). It was at this point I could see that the gravity feed box wasn't even a Wacky one anymore. It was some other fantasy/penguin/glittery-unicorn-whatever box. Seems like Wackys were really abused this time 'round. The last of 'em at the other Wal-Mart were rubber-banded (aiieee!) and laying unceremoniously on the back of the shelf on their sides.

When you say the feeds have been "picked over", are you referring to people searching for the "hot packs" like the one seller on eBay has been listing?  I still don't get how that guy is doing that.  I was at a Target yesterday and I tried to see if I could "see" the chase card through the back of the pack and I just couldn't do it.  I guess if you had a lot of practice you could do it but I can't imagine standing there in the store and searching through 48 packs.  It seems like that would take forever.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #393 on: October 24, 2010, 02:33:40 PM »
When you say the feeds have been "picked over", are you referring to people searching for the "hot packs" like the one seller on eBay has been listing?  I still don't get how that guy is doing that.  I was at a Target yesterday and I tried to see if I could "see" the chase card through the back of the pack and I just couldn't do it.  I guess if you had a lot of practice you could do it but I can't imagine standing there in the store and searching through 48 packs.  It seems like that would take forever.

It seems more than likely that he/she figured out the pattern, colliation, knights move kinda mathmatical equation where as they have somehow concluded for example, that there would be a special insert card in pack say #23 to 26 of the pile into the gravity feed. But wouldn't the packs get mixed up during transportation and handling of that gravity feed. I suppose you could tell once the box is opened if the packs have been disrupted.

Also, someone else here has stated if the person figured out this, then why dozn't he/she just open up the pack and sell the special card themselves?
Also, they would of have spent quite a few ducketts to find out this pattern within the boxes.

Taz

« Reply #394 on: November 01, 2010, 04:35:14 PM »
11/01/2010 Topps store offering bonus boxes, gravity feeds and blister packs!!

• Administrator
« Reply #395 on: November 01, 2010, 04:46:14 PM »
11/01/2010 Topps store offering bonus boxes, gravity feeds and blister packs!!
wow! and the cereal boxes too.
a great way to get everything - although postage is a killer

Offline chickenfat2010

ANS7 BLISTER PACKS, BONUS BOXES, WAL-MART AND TARGET GRAVITY FEED BOXES.........
« Reply #396 on: November 01, 2010, 06:17:41 PM »
.........are now available on http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-Wacky-Packages/Categories

Regards, Chickenfat2010

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
I noticed that yesterday as well.  It says the gravity feeds have 96 packs per.  I thought it was 48.  Topps should correct that or may be getting some angry customers.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #398 on: December 05, 2010, 10:24:33 AM »
Cereal Boxes and  Gravity feeds are all gone now from the Topps site. Does anyone have an extra empty Target Gravity Feed Box they want to trade with me for the other type. I piced up an extra one from the dollar store that has the graphics going all around the box - it looks way cooler than the Target one, but I need the Target one with the maroon sides for my collection.

I have an extra one: Gravity Feed Type I (Tall) Code:  2-763-03-03-0 to trade - the one with the graphics around the whole box.

PM me and LMK, thanks Jeff
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 10:27:37 AM by Playbug »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #399 on: December 05, 2010, 07:19:02 PM »
Thanks for the replies to my trade request in the last post - Billf, Rawgoo & Fanatical. Looks good for a trade with Rawgoo on this Gravity Feed Box. Thanks for checking on that for me anyway Fanatical  :great:  Looking forward to the Olds 2!