Author Topic: ANS7 Retail Tracker  (Read 101482 times)

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: ANS7 Retail Tracker
« Reply #245 on: September 10, 2010, 08:13:40 PM »
For me, I am finding the following:

Target:      Gravity Feeds
TRU:         Blister Packs
Walmart:   Gravity Feeds, Cereal Boxes
Best Buy:   Gravity Feeds

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #246 on: September 10, 2010, 08:48:43 PM »

TRU : Blister Packs and Cereal Boxes
Target : Gravity Feeds
Wal-Mart: Nada
Meijer's: Cereal Boxes
Best Buy: Computers and TV's

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #247 on: September 10, 2010, 09:51:27 PM »

TRU : Blister Packs and Cereal Boxes
Target : Gravity Feeds
Wal-Mart: Nada
Meijer's: Cereal Boxes
Best Buy: Computers and TV's
LOL, computers and TVs....and appliances..
Blockbuster: Videos
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

• Administrator
« Reply #248 on: September 10, 2010, 11:39:40 PM »
LOL, computers and TVs....and appliances..
Blockbuster: Videos
Blockbuster:  BANKRUPT. and good riddance

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #249 on: September 10, 2010, 11:55:35 PM »
I still haven't found a blister pack or a bonus box in the wild. I was out today and nothing. If I didn't get the 2 bonus boxes from Topps and the blister stickers from ebay then I would have never had the bonus cards. There is one ToysRus but I haven't been to it to find blisters. Obviously, for me, the blister packs are a bitch!

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #250 on: September 11, 2010, 12:15:56 AM »
Blockbuster:  BANKRUPT. and good riddance

obscure reference - - -   Blockbuster, Bankrupt, Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica....
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #251 on: September 11, 2010, 05:37:53 AM »
I have found the following:

TRU : Blister Packs and Cereal Boxes ($4.99 and $19.99)
Target : Gravity Feed packs ($1.99)
Wal-Mart: Short gravity feed packs ($1.98)
Best Buy: hope to check today

The clerk at Walmart thought I was nuts when I bought the whole gravity feed the other day, but I wanted the box, and didn't feel right leaving all the packs laying loose.  No golds or sketches, but I did get one of my last missing silvers, my last missing red, a full set of foils, 5 full base sets, and 2 full Wacko-mercial sets, plus extras for sticking and trading.  And I wanted Walmart to know that Wackys will sell!  I am planning for any future retail purchases to be just bonus boxes or blisters, if those ever do show up at Walmart or Target around here.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #252 on: September 11, 2010, 05:41:54 AM »
obscure reference - - -  Blockbuster, Bankrupt, Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica....

Question. What kind of bear is best?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 05:54:19 AM by DrSushi »

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #253 on: September 11, 2010, 07:57:38 AM »
With all the extra ANS 7 cards I have, I'm going to make little bundles of 3 cards with a rubber band around them and a note "HAPPY HALLOWEEN-Get more Wacky Packages at Target and K-Mart and complete your set!" and drop them with candy into Kids bowls. Perhaps others on here could do the same and spark some new life into the hobby. Every kid I show the cards loves them

Choke_Wagon

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #254 on: September 11, 2010, 08:03:57 AM »
With all the extra ANS 7 cards I have, I'm going to make little bundles of 3 cards with a rubber band around them and a note "HAPPY HALLOWEEN-Get more Wacky Packages at Target and K-Mart and complete your set!" and drop them with candy into Kids bowls. Perhaps others on here could do the same and spark some new life into the hobby. Every kid I show the cards loves them

Choke_Wagon

That is a fantastic idea!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #255 on: September 11, 2010, 08:35:33 AM »

Choke_Wagon

I've been giving Wackys out with candy at Halloween since ANS1 - the kids seem to like them!  I've also gotten my hairdresser's son hooked, as well as a neighbor's granddaughter, and a co-worker's daughter.  Just recently gave a stack of ANS7 to the woman in my mom's hospital room for her granddaughter, who had been there to visit a few days before - she thought they were great, and was sure her granddaughter would love them.  I truly enjoy spreading the Wacky love!!

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #256 on: September 11, 2010, 11:44:09 AM »
The cereal boxes seemed to have a lot of pink WOM's in them. What base cards are you looking for, check out my trades in Needs/wants under the trade heading. I have mine listed there. Maybe I (or someone) could help you get a base set or two together.
Definitely appreciate it and am going to post my needs/wants for pinks/silvers/foils (I have lots of extras) as well. I'm still a bit stunned that after 32 foils I don't have a single set of 10! So will trade to get it.

I have lots of base sets from the half-case I bought from shoptopps -- what amazed me with the cereal boxes was that buying four of them (two of each type) wouldn't give me a single full base set out of 168 base set stickers (14 x 12). That seems ridiculous. To me buying one set of A and B should automatically give you a full base set plus some extra cards.

I'm glad to have the bonus stickers from the CB's (and HAD to get Cap'n Crud!), but since it appears you can only expect regular/pink WOM's and nothing else, I won't be buying any more of them. If they had better odds for the silvers/golds/etc, they'd probably sell like crazy.

Offline V6

• Coulda had a V8...
« Reply #257 on: September 11, 2010, 12:38:25 PM »

Choke_Wagon

Wacky forum post, year 2040 - "Boy, it sure seems like a lot of the old ANS Wackys that are for sale have rubber band marks on the sides. What's the deal with that?"  :P

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #258 on: September 11, 2010, 12:51:49 PM »
I have lots of base sets from the half-case I bought from shoptopps -- what amazed me with the cereal boxes was that buying four of them (two of each type) wouldn't give me a single full base set out of 168 base set stickers (14 x 12). That seems ridiculous. To me buying one set of A and B should automatically give you a full base set plus some extra cards.

I'm glad to have the bonus stickers from the CB's (and HAD to get Cap'n Crud!), but since it appears you can only expect regular/pink WOM's and nothing else, I won't be buying any more of them. If they had better odds for the silvers/golds/etc, they'd probably sell like crazy.

Out of three sets of cereal trays, I got three base sets and an almost complete 4th set, but I didn't sort the trays individually, so maybe just two cereal sets would have been similar to your results.

I agree, if the cereal boxes had the potential for other inserts, I'd buy more of them, but as it stands, I got my cereal stickers, and I'm done with those.  Can't bring myself to toss the cereal boxes, so it's probably just as well, or I'd be hip-deep in those as I love the special cereal stickers!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2010, 07:46:35 AM »
Although I'll get my ANS 7 in a few days (arriving in the snail mail, from Brad's vault), I noticed my Target got ANS 7 in last week, and I ‘ve been snagging a few packs here and there, rationalizing that I buy a lotto ticket every once in a while. (I wonder how the sketch odds compare to the lotto) Yesterday my wife went to Target and I gave her $5 (I'm cheap) and asked her if she could use her good mojo to carefully select me a few packs with one that had a nice color sketch card. I didn’t get a sketch card but I did notice some QC issues that some other’s have brought up. This is how this sticker looked coming out of the pack – sorry for the blurry shot.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #260 on: September 12, 2010, 01:03:36 PM »
I am concerned that the poor odds on getting a good chase card in this set will drastically reduce the amount of packs sold to the collector audience. I have purchased about 80 packs and am done. I purchased around 300 packs of FB1 and 2. If am in the majority and collectors make up for about half of typical wacky pack sales then this release will not do as well as the past few releases.
Just guessing on the percent of sales that go to collectors. Anyone have any good data on the mix between kids and collectors for WP sales?
DrDeal

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »
Wacky forum post, year 2040 - "Boy, it sure seems like a lot of the old ANS Wackys that are for sale have rubber band marks on the sides. What's the deal with that?"  :P
LOL, it must have been the old fashioned machines they used to cut these!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2010, 04:08:58 PM »
I have purchased about 80 packs and am done. I purchased around 300 packs of FB1 and 2.
I’ve been trying to figure out (in my head) how much money I’m comfortable spending (losing) cracking packs and not getting a sketch. Right now I’m at $100 but I could be convinced to spend $200, I just need a good excuse. The lower ANS7 odds are inhibiting my attempts to rationalize me spending more, and it doesn't even matter how much less lower is.  
If am in the majority and collectors make up for about half of typical wacky pack sales then this release will not do as well as the past few releases.
I don’t understand. When you say “do as well”, what do you mean? The amount of time it takes to sell out of ANS7 versus other series?

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2010, 05:32:18 PM »

You mean beer?  :^)  How bout bear naked?  :]

ANYONE FIND BONUS BOXES IN THE WILD YET ?

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THIS ?
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #264 on: September 12, 2010, 05:37:41 PM »
Although I'll get my ANS 7 in a few days (arriving in the snail mail, from Brad's vault), I noticed my Target got ANS 7 in last week, and I ‘ve been snagging a few packs here and there, rationalizing that I buy a lotto ticket every once in a while. (I wonder how the sketch odds compare to the lotto) Yesterday my wife went to Target and I gave her $5 (I'm cheap) and asked her if she could use her good mojo to carefully select me a few packs with one that had a nice color sketch card. I didn’t get a sketch card but I did notice some QC issues that some other’s have brought up. This is how this sticker looked coming out of the pack – sorry for the blurry shot.

Whoa, that's messed up ! Espcially that boot and foot that came out of that pack -  :o

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #265 on: September 12, 2010, 06:05:09 PM »

I think you got some sweat on it from your work out. You keep your wacky's in the gym  :P :] :P

Also I made fun of the people who wait in line at 7-11 to buy lottery scratch off cards at a $1 a pop. Yet look at all of us spend $5 bucks here and $100 there, hoping for that elusive Golden ticket- A SKETCH CARD. The odds are equally stacked against us like the lottery.

Plus I found all Bonus Boxes (10) this weekend ONLY at K-mart of all places. Not Target, Wal-Mart or Toys-R-Us

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 06:07:09 PM by Choke_Wagon »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #266 on: September 12, 2010, 06:22:23 PM »
I think you got some sweat on it from your work out. You keep your wacky's in the gym  :P :] :P

Also I made fun of the people who wait in line at 7-11 to buy lottery scratch off cards at a $1 a pop. Yet look at all of us spend $5 bucks here and $100 there, hoping for that elusive Golden ticket- A SKETCH CARD. The odds are equally stacked against us like the lottery.

Plus I found all Bonus Boxes (10) this weekend ONLY at K-mart of all places. Not Target, Wal-Mart or Toys-R-Us

Thanks for the info, K-mart is right around my corner unlike Target, Wal-Mart or Toys-R-Us.  ;D

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #267 on: September 12, 2010, 07:59:08 PM »

Did Kmart have any blister packs?  Has anyone found blister packs in the wild?  I seem to recall only TRU had them, but they were $5 instead of $4.

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #268 on: September 12, 2010, 08:19:42 PM »
OH, on the Blister front- Only K-mart again and Toys R Us. They seem to be the only ones I've seen for the past two weeks and have a good bunch on hand.

I've seen them in 3 K-marts and 5 Toys R Us, I'm in sales so I can pop in and out of stores on a recon as cards are usually up front near registers :]

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2010, 11:37:12 AM »
although I haven't checked Wal*Mart yet, I did find cereal boxes and blister packs in the TRU here!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2010, 12:55:06 PM »
I’ve been trying to figure out (in my head) how much money I’m comfortable spending (losing) cracking packs and not getting a sketch. Right now I’m at $100 but I could be convinced to spend $200, I just need a good excuse. The lower ANS7 odds are inhibiting my attempts to rationalize me spending more, and it doesn't even matter how much less lower is.  I don’t understand. When you say “do as well”, what do you mean? The amount of time it takes to sell out of ANS7 versus other series?

If you are thinking about a sketch you would have to be incredibly lucky to get one spending only a few hundred dollars, so you most likely would be setting yourself up for dissapointment.  I pulled a sketch with my 3-case batch ($970.00) and even that was very lucky.  That bought me 576 packs and the odds for a sketch are 1:2,340 packs!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #271 on: September 13, 2010, 12:55:52 PM »

I like Budweiser
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #272 on: September 13, 2010, 01:01:41 PM »

The only thing that I have noticed is that some of the stickers are die cut so deep that they are almost cut through the back of the card.

• Administrator
« Reply #273 on: September 13, 2010, 03:08:55 PM »
Quote from: Dr Sushi
Quote from: Dr Popper
I like Budweiser
False. Black Bear.

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #274 on: September 13, 2010, 03:33:59 PM »
Quote from: Dr Sushi
Quote from: Dr Popper
I like Budweiser
False. Black Bear.

Obviously, the Kodiak is the superior format of bear and.... oh, wait. This discussion belongs in another topic.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #275 on: September 13, 2010, 06:18:58 PM »
Did Kmart have any blister packs?  Has anyone found blister packs in the wild?  I seem to recall only TRU had them, but they were $5 instead of $4.

They are 5 dollars (4.99) + tax. Seems a little steep compared to the price of previous blister packs, but you get 2 of the 1.99 packs (8 cards each) along with the Bonus card so it's a fair price.

Unlike some of the other forum members, I have only seen Blisters at TRU and Cereal Boxes at the same TRU. Our Walmart and Target only has the gravity feed packs - no bisters or bonus boxes. I checked our K-mart today 9-13-10 for Bonus boxes and there was nothing.

;D I did buy up an extra batch of 3 blister packs for anyone on the forum that wants to buy them. I'll only charge you what I paid plus the actual shipping to your location. Just shoot me a PM if you want them.  I have one set, 3 blister packs each contains 2 packs and one bonus card B1, B2 and B3. They are 5 dollars each (what I paid 4.99 + tax).

WHERE ARE THE BONUS BOXES ???

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #276 on: September 13, 2010, 06:47:17 PM »
They are 5 dollars (4.99) + tax. Seems a little steep compared to the price of previous blister packs, but you get 2 of the 1.99 packs (8 cards each) along with the Bonus card so it's a fair price.

Unlike some of the other forum members, I have only seen Blisters at TRU and Cereal Boxes at the same TRU. Our Walmart and Target only has the gravity feed packs - no bisters or bonus boxes. I checked our K-mart today 9-13-10 for Bonus boxes and there was nothing.

;D I did buy up an extra batch of 3 blister packs for anyone on the forum that wants to buy them. I'll only charge you what I paid plus the actual shipping to your location. Just shoot me a PM if you want them.  I have one set, 3 blister packs each contains 2 packs and one bonus card B1, B2 and B3. They are 5 dollars each (what I paid 4.99 + tax).

WHERE ARE THE BONUS BOXES ???

Thanks for the offer and information.  I'm going to keep looking in the wild.  It is a bit annoying this many weeks after the release to not be able to find them, but I have to believe they are going to turn up.

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: September 13, 2010, 07:35:05 PM »
no, not a fair price, those things are really only $3.99. TRU is overcharging to try and save their sinking ship.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: September 14, 2010, 05:25:44 AM »
no, not a fair price, those things are really only $3.99. TRU is overcharging to try and save their sinking ship.

Have they been jacking up other prices lately?  I've really cooled it with action figures and similar items, so I haven't been checking them out.  I was very disappointed with what they were charging for ANS7 Wackys.

Offline Dead

« Reply #279 on: September 14, 2010, 11:55:13 AM »

I bought a stack of blister packs from K-Mart yesterday.  I was hoping to complete the most basic of the chase card sets, but no such luck...

Um, blister packs of GPK Flashbacks, that is.  Yeah, the ones that got released back in January.  That's how up-to-date Kmart is these days.  I bet if I looked hard enough there, I could find a loaf of Wonder Bread with the Wackies in the package...
 :^) :]