Author Topic: ANS7 Retail Tracker  (Read 101418 times)

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
Re: ANS7 Retail Tracker
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2010, 06:53:45 PM »
Blister packs were $4.99 also and the cereal boxes were $19.99 at the TRU here in Louisville, KY

Really, why so much for the cereal boxes?  I think Head n Boulders said he paid 14.99 at a Walmart in Ohio.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: September 02, 2010, 06:59:15 PM »
Blister packs were $4.99 also and the cereal boxes were $19.99 at the TRU here in Louisville, KY
certainly jacking up the prices, probably trying to help the bottom line and stay in business. my local store was very quiet, only a few shoppers. and no registers were open, with just the manager at the returns counter to ring up my sale.
the cereal boxes are $14.99 at walmart. I hope the blisters show up elsewhere for $3.99.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2010, 07:24:29 PM »
If you cut the top off that's not really a good wrapper!!  I try to get a small opening by pulling them apart (like a potato chip bag), and then I slide in an envelope opener and gradually pry the seams apart on both sides.  I would say around 1/3 come out nice.

Exactly what I do. The foil packs are much tougher than I originally thought. I can tug pretty hard to get that small opening started. With a little practice, I found I could usually get 7 out of 10. I also found if I did not get that opening easily  at the top within a few seconds, I would flip over and open from the bottom. I was not able to, however, figure out a way to open the cellophane wrappers in the cereal boxes without ruining them.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #178 on: September 03, 2010, 01:41:12 PM »
My package arrived from Topps today - got two different cereal trays and a bonus box.  Down side: the series 6 postcard set I ordered was not included in the box.  Luckily, a quick call to Topps Customer service rectified the situation - the postcards will be resent (the service rep was very apologetic about the packing error).  Very pleased.  I plan to do some pack and box opening tomorrow.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #179 on: September 03, 2010, 05:04:54 PM »
I stopped by our Toys-R-Us on the way home to see if they had anything. I was surprised to see they
had 4 of the cereal trays and a hanger with blister packs. I picked up the last 5 blister packs, mainly to get the wrapper variations for the collection and a few extra bonus cards. The collecting and RPG cards are in one long aisle at this particular store. The blister backs were almost all the way at one and the cereal boxes at the other. What are they thinking?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #180 on: September 03, 2010, 07:20:01 PM »
I just got back from 2 Walmarts and they both had the shorter feeds and cereal boxes. I bought both feeds and 4 cereal boxes. I didn't get anything except for 2 silver Wiiz that I need. The cereal boxes are fantastic except all you get for chase cards is one red per box. Anyone else get anything other than a red border chase from the cereal boxes?

Taz

« Reply #181 on: September 03, 2010, 08:41:07 PM »
I just got back from 2 Walmarts and they both had the shorter feeds and cereal boxes. I bought both feeds and 4 cereal boxes. I didn't get anything except for 2 silver Wiiz that I need. The cereal boxes are fantastic except all you get for chase cards is one red per box. Anyone else get anything other than a red border chase from the cereal boxes?

Nope, just the red border chase cards. I would rather have had the chance at a foil, sketch or such than the red chase.  Other than the boxes themselves I am not overly impressed with the contents inside.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #182 on: September 03, 2010, 09:36:12 PM »

Same here... I have opened 6 trays of the cereal boxes and only a red border card in each cereal box.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #183 on: September 03, 2010, 09:54:43 PM »
Same here... I have opened 6 trays of the cereal boxes and only a red border card in each cereal box.

I've left all of my cereal boxes unopened but they are calling me.... and I will probably answer them soon enough.

I was a little surprised that both sets use the very same SKU.  I figured they would have separate #s for inventory purposes.

They are pretty small.  Here's a photo to show scale.  Our cat is 4 feet tall   ;)  [expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/993690320_qcgTB-L.jpg[/expando]
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #184 on: September 03, 2010, 09:54:47 PM »
Found blister packs at my TRU today. I got one foil per blister pack.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2010, 05:37:36 AM »

I've left all of my cereal boxes unopened but they are calling me.... and I will probably answer them soon enough.

I was a little surprised that both sets use the very same SKU.  I figured they would have separate #s for inventory purposes.

They are pretty small.  Here's a photo to show scale.  Our cat is 4 feet tall   ;)  [expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/993690320_qcgTB-L.jpg[/expando]

I opened both of mine and only got a red border from each cereal box. Beautiful cat b.t.w. but she's huge!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2010, 07:45:47 AM »

Hmmm that kitty looks kinda familiar... :)

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2010, 07:55:06 AM »
I opened both of mine and only got a red border from each cereal box.
It was stated awhile back that the cereal boxes would *only* have the red parallel as the chase, but the topps online store just says "a" parallel, which could be confused to mean a flash or gold flash.
There are no odds on these trays or boxes, so the contents must be fixed. Almost surprising there is even a red parallel at all.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2010, 09:26:28 AM »
I have now found Blister packs at TRU also. The one in Camp Hill,PA. 10 hanging on the hook. I bought 3 and left 7. They also had the cereal box packs for $19.99. I left all of those.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 05:01:55 AM by ratchet007 »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2010, 06:57:41 PM »
I found bonus blisters and cereal boxes at TRU today, $4.99 and $19.99, respectively.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #190 on: September 04, 2010, 07:54:34 PM »
I found bonus blisters and cereal boxes at TRU today, $4.99 and $19.99, respectively.

Even though it's fun to find things in the wild and it's cool to see what other stores have, I don't think I'd even bother stopping at a TRU knowing they have nothing different than other stores and what they do have is more expensive than elsewhere.  Where are the TRU 2-packs when we need something to get excited about (as far as TRU is concerned)?

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2010, 08:23:20 PM »
Even though it's fun to find things in the wild and it's cool to see what other stores have, I don't think I'd even bother stopping at a TRU knowing they have nothing different than other stores and what they do have is more expensive than elsewhere.  Where are the TRU 2-packs when we need something to get excited about (as far as TRU is concerned)?

I must admit I am not familiar with the TRU 2-packs. The blister packs at TRU did contain two packs in them though. One pack would contain all base cards and perhaps a binder advert card. The other pack would contain one red border card.

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #192 on: September 04, 2010, 09:41:22 PM »
I got a bonus box at Kmart today along with one blister pack here in Miami. I did notice a slight difference in foil packaging used for the Kmart box. The packs had a silver inner lining, while all the target and Wal Mart ones have a white inner lineing

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2010, 06:25:20 AM »
I got a bonus box at Kmart today along with one blister pack here in Miami. I did notice a slight difference in foil packaging used for the Kmart box. The packs had a silver inner lining, while all the target and Wal Mart ones have a white inner lineing
nice.
please post a pack code if you could - as the bonus box wrappers have always been different than the other ones.
also, could you check on that wal*mart wrapper and post the #, as all others reported so far have been silver inner lining

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2010, 09:13:08 AM »

I found about 30 packs in a Walmart on LI last night, that same square style feeder.  I couldn't believe how well hidden the trading card section was here.  It was on the backside of an aisle facing a wall and had carriages full of items blocking them!  It literally looked like they didn't want anyone to find them.  If you're going to do something do it right.  This section is obviously an afterthought by Walmart.  I asked a couple employees where the trading card section, and one told me they were all gone and she didn't know if they would come out again, and the other just look puzzled like she didn't know what trading cards were.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2010, 10:59:40 AM »
I must admit I am not familiar with the TRU 2-packs.
I probably should have said "Blockbuster 2-packs".  Those packs came out for a few of the ANS series and FB1 (along with a combo of WP and GPK packs).  I don't recall ever finding them at Blockbuster, but I did always manage to pick them up at TRU.  Does that ring any bells?

« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2010, 12:22:43 PM »

I also found cereal boxes at TRU (in Danbury, Ct.) and blister packs. I bought some blister packs, but left the cereal boxes for others.  I had already had bought the cereal boxes from Wal-mart in Fishkill, NY and saw cereal boxes in Dixon City, PA, and Matamoras, PA. as well as the short gravity feeds in all 3 of these Walmarts.  Nothing in the Walmart or Target in Danbury/Bethel, Ct.

BTW, I only need one more wack-o-mercial silver flash card: #11 choppertone; I have a #15 silver flash card of Pounds available for trade. Send me a PM is you are interested.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 06:40:27 AM by De-Mented Tomatoes »

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2010, 12:34:33 PM »
I found about 30 packs in a Walmart on LI last night, that same square style feeder.  I couldn't believe how well hidden the trading card section was here.  It was on the backside of an aisle facing a wall and had carriages full of items blocking them!  It literally looked like they didn't want anyone to find them.  [...]
I was just in a Wal-Mart in the New Haven area where the card section was behind a check out register and literally blocked off with metal gates.  You aren't allowed to approach and have to tell the check out person what you want.  Then he/she has to try and hunt it down for you.  Bizarro!  Luckily the wackys were visible so I got one of the cereal box 3-packs.  There was one of the cool Wal-Mart gravity feeds, but no way was I going to be able to get away with taking that (and I wasn't up for simply buying all the packs in it.)  That's the strangest set up I've ever seen.  But it did ensure the cards and stickers were kept in neat array.      
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 01:00:33 PM by Monsterettes »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2010, 12:40:53 PM »
I was just in a Wal-Mart in the New Haven area where the card section was behind a check out register and literally blocked off with metal gates.  You aren't allowed to approach and have to tell the check out person what you want.  Then he/she has to try and hunt it down for you.  Bizarro!  Luckily the wackys were visible so I got of the cereal box 3-packs.  There was one of the cool Wal-Mart gravity feeds, but no way was I going to be able to get away with taking that (and I wasn't up for simply buying all the packs in it.)  That's the strangest set up I've ever seen.  But it did ensure the cards and stickers were kept in neat array.     

I have checked the Walmart right by my house no less than 10 times, and nothing.  That 'card section' is a half an aisle long, by an active check out register - it's not blocked off as you described, but to look at what they have, you have to squeeze between the display and the carts and customers.  Guess I need to try a different store. 

Offline Swiski

« Reply #199 on: September 05, 2010, 12:52:26 PM »
I give up looking for these cereal boxes at Walmart!!! I hit about a dozen or more stores over the last few days and only found the gravity feeds. I saw them at Toys R Us but refuse to pay $20. Looks like Target will be my destination where I will hopefully pick up the cereal boxes, bonus box and blister packs in one sweep.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #200 on: September 05, 2010, 12:59:14 PM »
I give up looking for these cereal boxes at Walmart!!! I hit about a dozen or more stores over the last few days and only found the gravity feeds. I saw them at Toys R Us but refuse to pay $20. Looks like Target will be my destination where I will hopefully pick up the cereal boxes, bonus box and blister packs in one sweep.

Has anybody found cereal boxes at Target yet?  I have only been able to find them at one Wal-Mart so far.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #201 on: September 05, 2010, 02:49:02 PM »
Cool!  Have you documented the wrapper codes yet Patrick?  I only have 2 so far.  The 2 bonus boxes I opened today had the same wrappers as the hobby boxes (0-777-89-01-0).

Where did you find your bonus boxes? No bonus boxes or blisters have been found here at the Jersey shore yet.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #202 on: September 05, 2010, 02:53:48 PM »
Has anybody found cereal boxes at Target yet?  I have only been able to find them at one Wal-Mart so far.
I found cereal boxes for $19.99 at a ToysRus and I left them all behind, looks like none had sold yet.

I found blister packs in Toys R Us and grabbed three of them, one for each bonus sticker as you can clearly see the bonus sticker number.  There were B1's and B3's that I left behind.  $4.99 per blister.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #203 on: September 05, 2010, 02:55:06 PM »
I probably should have said "Blockbuster 2-packs".  Those packs came out for a few of the ANS series and FB1 (along with a combo of WP and GPK packs).  I don't recall ever finding them at Blockbuster, but I did always manage to pick them up at TRU.  Does that ring any bells?

Yes, I have the 2 pack blister packs from some of the ANS series in my collection. I found most of them at TRU and some of them at Kay-Bee Toy Store in my area. I may have some extra to trade possibly....
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #204 on: September 05, 2010, 03:09:21 PM »

Here's what they look like:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320585550909
Not all of them had 2 packs, which is why I refer to them as "square packs".
What a well timed shameless plug for my auction don't you think?  ;D

Offline V6

• Coulda had a V8...
« Reply #205 on: September 05, 2010, 03:23:12 PM »
Has anyone noticed an increase in the number of sequentially numbered base cards in the packs? Many of the packs seem to have at least three in a row.vOne of the most striking examples is a Walmart gravity feed pack that I opened today: 31, 32, 33 & 52, 53, 54, 55.

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: September 05, 2010, 03:42:18 PM »
Has anyone noticed an increase in the number of sequentially numbered base cards in the packs? Many of the packs seem to have at least three in a row.vOne of the most striking examples is a Walmart gravity feed pack that I opened today: 31, 32, 33 & 52, 53, 54, 55.
it's because the numbers are in sequential order with the 9 piece puzzles.
the packs have always had strings of cards in a row, but it wasn't obvious unless you looked at the back of the cards.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #207 on: September 05, 2010, 04:39:31 PM »
The Walmart near me doesn't have any Wackys. Their trading card area is a joke.  >:D Doesn't look like I'll be able to get a double deep gravity feed. If anyone picked up an extra one, I'd like to buy it along with a couple of the packs. Thanks!

Offline V6

• Coulda had a V8...
« Reply #208 on: September 05, 2010, 04:50:59 PM »
it's because the numbers are in sequential order with the 9 piece puzzles.
the packs have always had strings of cards in a row, but it wasn't obvious unless you looked at the back of the cards.

Hmmm. I don't recall seeing that many together in past ANS packs. You're right about the puzzle pieces but still, you'd think they shuffle the deck a little better.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #209 on: September 05, 2010, 06:17:49 PM »

yeah, I've noticed that. Both of those seem to be popular sequences. I opened 30 packs on friday and had both of those sequences at least 4 times each.....plus a bunch of other consecutive sequences.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who