Author Topic: ANS7 Retail Tracker  (Read 101386 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Wacky Packages All-New Series 7 Bonus Box and promo card pack
« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2010, 06:20:26 PM »
Won't that make it hard to find the threads that get absorbed? I've not seen how this works yet.
Not at all. The merged thread will be mixed in my dates to the actual thread. I have only done a couple to clean up a few ANS7 threads but the topics are pretty much the same.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2010, 06:52:26 PM »
Not at all. The merged thread will be mixed in my dates to the actual thread. I have only done a couple to clean up a few ANS7 threads but the topics are pretty much the same.

Is this why I find myself constantly rereading posts I'm sure I've read before?

DeadBull

Re: ANS7 Retail Tracker
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2010, 07:00:08 PM »
I've checked out 5 targets in the Twin Cities and NO gravity feeds yet. Got the one in Hudson though.
Found a ANS7 Excell sheet MINT still hanging in one Target today on my way home. Crazy.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2010, 07:02:13 PM »
You can still get this one...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-series-7-ANS7-ad-sell-sheet-RARE-Target-/370424756944?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563f093ad0

Tom thanks for the tip!!!!

I made a 2nd wacky run tonight hitting some of the not-so-close Walmarts and Targets.  Did not find a sell sheet, but I did find at a Raleigh Walmart  the short gravity feed and the cereal 3-packs!!  There were 36 packs in the gravity feed and I bought them all. 8)
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2010, 07:03:57 PM »
I've checked out 5 targets in the Twin Cities and NO gravity feeds yet. Got the one in Hudson though.
Found a ANS7 Excell sheet MINT still hanging in one Target today on my way home. Crazy.
Good find on the sell sheet.  A lot of the Targets in my area don't even use the sell sheets...did you find that in some of the ones you visited?
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2010, 07:08:45 PM »
I'm traveling so had a chance to hit a Target.  (So to speak.)  I picked up 11 packs from a gravity feed - no other wackys, ANS7 or otherwise in sight at the store. Pretty much the odds you'd expect when I opened the packs.  Three foils, three red borders, one silver....and one gold!  Choppertone.  Even though I don't plan to collect golds, I gotta say, it was a rush.  Given what these things are fetching on ebay at the moment, I don't think I'm going to be able to resist throwing it up to see what happens.  What do you guys think, BIN, or take my chances with an auction?

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2010, 07:33:25 PM »
I'm traveling so had a chance to hit a Target.  (So to speak.)  I picked up 11 packs from a gravity feed - no other wackys, ANS7 or otherwise in sight at the store. Pretty much the odds you'd expect when I opened the packs.  Three foils, three red borders, one silver....and one gold!  Choppertone.  Even though I don't plan to collect golds, I gotta say, it was a rush.  Given what these things are fetching on ebay at the moment, I don't think I'm going to be able to resist throwing it up to see what happens.  What do you guys think, BIN, or take my chances with an auction?

Auction it. Looks like there are at least 2 bidders fighting for each one, and I think this is the first of that title up, but I may be wrong. Good luck!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2010, 10:12:30 PM »
Is this why I find myself constantly rereading posts I'm sure I've read before?
You shouldn't be re-reading posts because I have only merged 2 topics. If you have read any of the posts already you won't have to read them again. I suppose it depends on the last time you read each post but just click on the 'new' button next to a thread and you will start reading where you left off. You may have missed some other stuff in another thread. You can also see what thread merged with the other because the subject line will be different.  It's really not that big of deal. I just want to keep everything clean compared to the other forum where people would start the same topic over and over again.
I don't plan on policing the forum that much. Sometimes topics can get out of hand and we need to merge them if they are dealing with the same subject. Hopefully it will help keep everything a bit cleaner than seeing 10 new ANS7 threads when clicking on 'show unread posts since last visit'. It's too hard to keep track.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2010, 10:17:03 PM »
My thought is if you want to have each card in the series with different borders you might want to keep it. Otherwise I would do an auction to see what happens. Look at the BIN gold on ebay now. No one has purchased it and it's been there for one day. I think the golds have an established value of around $400 but bidders might not want to jump at a $400 price right away. They love the chase to see if someone will back down. I would do an auction for 3 days. Any more days could kill the momentum at this point.
If you really want to sell it NOW is the time to do it to reap the rewards. Any waiting could cost you

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2010, 02:14:17 AM »
You shouldn't be re-reading posts because I have only merged 2 topics. If you have read any of the posts already you won't have to read them again. I suppose it depends on the last time you read each post but just click on the 'new' button next to a thread and you will start reading where you left off. You may have missed some other stuff in another thread. You can also see what thread merged with the other because the subject line will be different.  It's really not that big of deal. I just want to keep everything clean compared to the other forum where people would start the same topic over and over again.
I don't plan on policing the forum that much. Sometimes topics can get out of hand and we need to merge them if they are dealing with the same subject. Hopefully it will help keep everything a bit cleaner than seeing 10 new ANS7 threads when clicking on 'show unread posts since last visit'. It's too hard to keep track.
I always use the 'new' button when reading posts, but I have been finding myself being brought to a point higher up in the thread than where I left off.  Guess if it's not from merging it's from something else.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2010, 09:28:43 AM »

Thanks for the advice Brad!  (And thanks to you too Liptorn!)  I did put my Choppertone up for auction, we'll see what happens.  I'd love to have an example of a gold flash foil for my collection, but I just can't justify it with ebay bidding going as high as it is on these at the moment. Honestly, I'd even be happy with the $175 that I opened the auction at.  Anything above that will be icing on the cake.  Clearly the gotta have it now mentality is causing some people to make crazy bids -- that and the lingering thought that you'll get stuck without the one last sticker you need if you're trying to collect a set.  I guess making sure you avoid that situation is worth a lot of green to some collectors.   

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2010, 09:44:02 AM »
I am going to go through a pack opening session this weekend - got my hobby box from the comic shop yesterday and my Topps order (two cereal trays and one booster) arriving tomorrow.  If I hit a gold, I too might consider putting it up on the auction block.  I'd be thrilled to get back my small investment in this series if possible.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2010, 10:52:43 AM »
Just to update that I found the double-deep (not double-wide) gravity feed at a Wal-Mart and the Cereal Box trays as well.  I bought five packs from the Gravity Feed that all had security cards in them and found a red-border Wack-O-Mercial in each pack.

I also found the same type gravity feeder and cereal box trays today at the Wilkinson Blvd Super Wal Mart in W. Charlotte.  Got the last two cereal boxes (each type), but not sure if those were the only ones they put out given the limited space on the shelf for those larger type items.  I also pulled red/pink border cards from a few packs with security cards.  No great pulls, just some silver flash cards  :^)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2010, 12:11:42 PM »
I always use the 'new' button when reading posts, but I have been finding myself being brought to a point higher up in the thread than where I left off.  Guess if it's not from merging it's from something else.

It may have been from the merge but I only merged 2 topics so you should be caught up now.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2010, 12:12:50 PM »
Thanks for the advice Brad!  (And thanks to you too Liptorn!)  I did put my Choppertone up for auction, we'll see what happens.  I'd love to have an example of a gold flash foil for my collection, but I just can't justify it with ebay bidding going as high as it is on these at the moment. Honestly, I'd even be happy with the $175 that I opened the auction at.  Anything above that will be icing on the cake.  Clearly the gotta have it now mentality is causing some people to make crazy bids -- that and the lingering thought that you'll get stuck without the one last sticker you need if you're trying to collect a set.  I guess making sure you avoid that situation is worth a lot of green to some collectors.   

I think this is a good strategy. Wait until the prices come down (and they will) and then buy a couple for your collection. That is what I plan on doing.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2010, 01:36:56 PM »
I also found the same type gravity feeder and cereal box trays today at the Wilkinson Blvd Super Wal Mart in W. Charlotte.  Got the last two cereal boxes (each type), but not sure if those were the only ones they put out given the limited space on the shelf for those larger type items.  I also pulled red/pink border cards from a few packs with security cards.  No great pulls, just some silver flash cards  :^)

So did every security pack you open have a red/pink border card in it?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2010, 01:55:11 PM »
Nothing at the target in Metairie, LA yet.  :(
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2010, 02:01:14 PM »
So did every security pack you open have a red/pink border card in it?

No, not every one. More than half, however.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2010, 03:45:07 PM »
Pardon me if this has been answered, but are there 3 different gravity feeds this time around: A "regular" one at Target and either a double-wide or double-deep one at Walmart?

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2010, 04:01:58 PM »
Pardon me if this has been answered, but are there 3 different gravity feeds this time around: A "regular" one at Target and either a double-wide or double-deep one at Walmart?

I don't think there is a double-wide.  Only the double-deep.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2010, 04:56:55 PM »
I don't think there is a double-wide.  Only the double-deep.
right. There's two.
For all previous series only Target has had gravity feeds so there's only been 1 box per series (except ANS1 {0} and ANS3 {2}).

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2010, 05:00:56 PM »
I found blister packs in the wild today! Super easy to see which bonus card is in the blister, as the cards are face up underneath the packs. Lots of free space so it's easy to see the B1, B2 or B3. And before anyone asks, yes, these packs have the chase cards.

and you'll never guess where I found them....

Toys R Us

oh yeah.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2010, 05:04:11 PM »
I found blister packs in the wild today! Super easy to see which bonus card is in the blister, as the cards are face up underneath the packs. Lots of free space so it's easy to see the B1, B2 or B3. And before anyone asks, yes, these packs have the chase cards.

Toys R Us

oh yeah.
Toys R Us has a trading card section?
In what area of the store did you find them?

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2010, 05:04:50 PM »

Toys R Us

oh yeah.

Thanks for the heads up! Interesting that TRU is back in the game.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2010, 05:08:21 PM »

Toys R Us

oh yeah.

Cool!  Have you documented the wrapper codes yet Patrick?  I only have 2 so far.  The 2 bonus boxes I opened today had the same wrappers as the hobby boxes (0-777-89-01-0).
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2010, 05:12:01 PM »
Toys R Us has a trading card section?
In what area of the store did you find them?
seems like every time I go in one of the stores the cards are in a different area. This time they were all on two standalone 4-sided displays in the walkway near where cards have almost always been carried. (one was sports, the other yu-gi-oh, wackys, etc.) It may depend on the store layout that you go to - as this store has always had the cards near the front right of the store. I'll be heading to another Toys R Us this weekend, one where the cards have always been near the back of the store on the right and see what they've got. I'd really like to find the blister tray!

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: September 02, 2010, 05:20:21 PM »
Cool!  Have you documented the wrapper codes yet Patrick?  I only have 2 so far.  The 2 bonus boxes I opened today had the same wrappers as the hobby boxes (0-777-89-01-0).
working on it.

I've seen 5 unique wrapper codes so far:

(0-721-89-01-0) 3 cards+gum pack (foil)
(0-763-54-01-0) target/best buy gravity (white)
(0-763-89-01-0) walmart gravity (foil)
(0-777-89-01-0) hobby/bonus box (foil)
(0-791-54-01-0) blister pack (white)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:17:31 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #167 on: September 02, 2010, 05:25:11 PM »

Toys R Us

oh yeah.

Ah, I know where I'm going tomorrow.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2010, 05:25:40 PM »
working on it.

I've see 5 unique wrapper codes so far:

(0-721-89-01-0) 3 cards+gum pack
(0-763-54-01-0) target gravity (white)
(0-763-89-01-0) walmart gravity (foil)
(0-777-89-01-0) hobby/bonus box (foil)
(0-791-54-01-0) blister pack (white)

Thanks!

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: September 02, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »
Thanks!
now updated to include the foilness of the 3-pack.
looks like the 89 stands for foil and 54 for white plastic.

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: September 02, 2010, 05:32:09 PM »
Ah, I know where I'm going tomorrow.
I don't know if it's just my local TRU or if this will be nationwide, but they charged $4.99 for the blister. Seems like it should be $3.99 for 2 packs.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #171 on: September 02, 2010, 05:52:32 PM »
Cool!  Have you documented the wrapper codes yet Patrick?  I only have 2 so far.  The 2 bonus boxes I opened today had the same wrappers as the hobby boxes (0-777-89-01-0).
How the heck do you guys open these packs without destroying them? I had to cut the tops off a few just to get a good wrapper. They basically shred when opening them by hand.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2010, 05:56:11 PM »
How the heck do you guys open these packs without destroying them? I had to cut the tops off a few just to get a good wrapper. They basically shred when opening them by hand.

If you cut the top off that's not really a good wrapper!!  I try to get a small opening by pulling them apart (like a potato chip bag), and then I slide in an envelope opener and gradually pry the seams apart on both sides.  I would say around 1/3 come out nice.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2010, 06:42:57 PM »

Toys R Us

oh yeah.

Today I checked 2 Targets and 3 Wal-Marts for ANS7 bonus boxes, blister packs or cereal boxes and came up empty handed. My neighbor found a whole stack of cereal boxes and a peg full of blister packs.....at TOYS"Я"US.....

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2010, 06:45:42 PM »
I don't know if it's just my local TRU or if this will be nationwide, but they charged $4.99 for the blister. Seems like it should be $3.99 for 2 packs.

Blister packs were $4.99 also and the cereal boxes were $19.99 at the TRU here in Louisville, KY