Author Topic: ANS7 Retail Tracker  (Read 101317 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: ANS7 Retail Tracker
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2010, 12:46:50 PM »
Target in My Holly NJ on Rt 514 had an untouched Gravity Feed today. I took all the packs out , counted them, selected 6 packs and left 42 there. I got two foils, 2 red borders and no harder cards.  2 foils and two reds out of six packs is pretty good I guess.  Still no conf email from topps about my order shipping.

DrDeal

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2010, 12:50:15 PM »
I just opened the two ceral box sets. I got:
1 complete base set
29 duplicate base stickers
1 complete black border Wackomercial set
6 red border Wackomercial stickers
Cereal cards C1-C6
2 sets 1-3 Web Cards

I gotta admit that I think the web cards are kinda lame.

Almost exactly the same here except I was one title short of a complete base set. So are there no
silver flash cards in the cereal boxes? As for the web cards, why not at least 6 so there is one unique in each box? Things that make you go, "Hmmmmmm?"
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2010, 01:35:08 PM »
Did they use the OS version of Cap'n Crud or the horrible Flashback version without the shading on the right side?
Any changes in the other 5 cereal stickers, or are they pretty much faithful reproductions? I can't wait to get Awful Bits!

They used the OS version. It looks like all the cards are faithful reproductions. I would have to go look and compare them to be certain.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2010, 02:19:31 PM »

Almost exactly the same here except I was one title short of a complete base set. So are there no
silver flash cards in the cereal boxes? As for the web cards, why not at least 6 so there is one unique in each box? Things that make you go, "Hmmmmmm?"

So I take it there is no verbage on the Cereal Tray stating "look for sketches, flash foils etc"?

DrDeal

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2010, 02:25:45 PM »
Any one know how much they are charging for the cereal box trays at retail stores?  Is it the same as what Topps is charging?  I would rather buy them in the wild and not pay for shipping if the cost is the same.
the price came up as $14.98 for each cereal tray at my Wal*Mart. Basically the same. Actually it's surprising it's not less than topps by a penny. Probably less than what Target will have them for - which I bet would be $14.99. Wal*Mart always has to claim lowest retail price...

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2010, 02:27:12 PM »
So I take it there is no verbage on the Cereal Tray stating "look for sketches, flash foils etc"?

DrDeal
nope. just says "54 parody stickers plus 6 exclusive stickers!"

stickers are separated into two cellophane wrappers (regular and bonus) along with a chunk of foam to keep the box square.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:36:38 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2010, 02:28:47 PM »
Wow!  That's good to hear.  Now maybe others will check Walmarts knowing that at least one other store had them.  Were the cereal boxes with all of the other trading cards?
both the squat box gravity feed and 5 cereal trays at my local Wal*Mart. And the cereal boxes were right next to the grav feed

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2010, 02:54:37 PM »
They used the OS version. It looks like all the cards are faithful reproductions. I would have to go look and compare them to be certain.
WooHoo!!!!!  Original Cap'n Crud!!  I have been dreading finding out that they used the FB version again.......

Oh, my local Walmart had diddly squat once again.  So did Target, despite my asking them to open two sealed delivery boxes that were behind the counter - those turned out to be full of baseball, pokemon and Toy Story stuff.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:56:45 PM by RawGoo »

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2010, 02:54:49 PM »
Did anyone order items from the Toppsonlinestore for series 7 and get a confirmation email that their order was on the way(shipped)?  I only got an email the day I ordered confirming that I made the order, nothing about it being shipped as of yet.  Yet the website said, "shipping out on August 30" for the cereal boxes and bonus boxes .  BTW, the bonus boxes are out of stock at the online store when I last looked.
someone on the other board called topps about their order and were told that they were waiting on the bonus boxes still. So orders with bonus boxes weren't being shipped yet. Topps expected the boxes tomorrow.

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2010, 03:01:14 PM »
WooHoo!!!!!  Original Cap'n Crud!!  I have been dreading finding out that they used the FB version again.......
wellllll......
it's kind of a combo of the two. It's the cleaned up bright red version that was in flashback, but they darkened the side panel. It doesn't have the gradation of shading like the original. It's fully darkened.

I also noticed that the box version of Crud is changed. the starburst says LIVE PIRATE, instead of REAL PIRATE. The sticker is fine though.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 03:04:51 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2010, 03:12:47 PM »
someone on the other board called topps about their order and were told that they were waiting on the bonus boxes still. So orders with bonus boxes weren't being shipped yet. Topps expected the boxes tomorrow.

That certainly explains why I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet (I ordered a bonus box, one of each cereal tray and the regular series 6 postcard set).
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2010, 03:24:08 PM »
I also noticed that the box version of Crud is changed. the starburst says LIVE PIRATE, instead of REAL PIRATE. The sticker is fine though.
looking at the cereal boxes closer, most have been tweaked a little bit. Mostly because the box is wider than the original art. Mostly it's subtle, like completing the Triks rabbits ear and foot, or extending the bowl of brains on All-Brain.
But there is one other wording change - Awful Bits does not say Brittanica.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2010, 03:35:37 PM »
That certainly explains why I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet (I ordered a bonus box, one of each cereal tray and the regular series 6 postcard set).

I'm in the same boat as you Martin.  I ordered a bonus box, one of each cereal tray, and a binder.  Haven't gotten a shipping notice yet.

eman

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2010, 04:21:33 PM »
I'm in the same boat as you Martin.  I ordered a bonus box, one of each cereal tray, and a binder.  Haven't gotten a shipping notice yet.

eman
Same here.Not happy the the cereal sets do not offer a shot at the harder cards. Would have gotten them either way but would add excitement if
they could yield a sketch card. 

DrDeal

Offline ducboy

« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2010, 04:23:54 PM »
Target in Wilmington, NC had a gravity feed.  Bought 12 packs which I have not opened.  They also had
a misc box of ANS3 and ANS2.

I will have something to do while waiting for Earl!

OT The checkout lady told me that the other day some guy came in and bought 60 packs
of Topp football cards, opened em all which contained 100 percent baseball cards.

He took them back for replacement.

Ed
Ed
One of the DS's

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2010, 04:40:08 PM »
OT The checkout lady told me that the other day some guy came in and bought 60 packs of Topp football cards, opened em all which contained 100 percent baseball cards.
He took them back for replacement.
Ed
Target accepted them for replacement?
Or he sent them to Topps?

Offline ducboy

« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2010, 04:43:42 PM »
Target accepted them for replacement?
Or he sent them to Topps?

Apparently they (Target) took em back and replaced them so she said.
Who knows she might have been making small talk.   ;D
Ed
One of the DS's

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2010, 05:09:26 PM »
My wife just came back from Wal-Mart and presented me with 5 ANS7 packs. So it appears that the Wally World in Carrollton, Georgia has them. She said it was one of the cool gravity feed boxes that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
Wacky Packages All-New Series 7 Bonus Box and promo card pack
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »
Has anyone seen these in target or wal-mart? Are they just on line? I have not seen these anywhere except ebay?

• Administrator
Re: Wacky Packages All-New Series 7 Bonus Box and promo card pack
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2010, 09:00:28 PM »
Has anyone seen these in target or wal-mart? Are they just on line? I have not seen these anywhere except ebay?
all the finds are being discussed in the ANS7 Retail Tracker thread - you should keep checking there.
but to answer your question, no, not yet. Topps expects them tomorrow, and target and/or walmart will get them this week.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2010, 06:07:56 AM »
I got my shipping notice from Topps this morning.  8)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2010, 06:14:50 AM »

I did as well.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2010, 07:39:39 AM »
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2010, 07:43:20 AM »

I did as well.  Hopefully it arrives on Saturday, otherwise it'll be Tuesday (given the holiday weekend and all).
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Glocky Packages

« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2010, 08:43:17 AM »

Wacky Packages All-New Series 7 Bonus Box @ the Topps Online Store is listed as OUT OF STOCK!

I'm glad I got my 8 boxes ordered and on the way! I also got 6 blister packs from a friend who got a bunch on eBay.

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-Wacky-Packages-7/Categories

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2010, 08:46:31 AM »
all the finds are being discussed in the ANS7 Retail Tracker thread - you should keep checking there.
but to answer your question, no, not yet. Topps expects them tomorrow, and target and/or walmart will get them this week.

We have too many ANS7 threads at this point and it's getting confusing to keep track of!  I would think 3 threads should be fine.  One for spoilers, pictures, etc, one for retail tracking, and one for general comments about the series. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Glocky Packages

« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2010, 09:17:11 AM »

I got my shipping notice 08/31/2010, but when I run my UPS tracking # through the UPS site I get ">>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later". So my order is not even in transit yet. Check yours and see if UPS has your stuff yet.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2010, 09:29:28 AM »
Just to update that I found the double-deep (not double-wide) gravity feed at a Wal-Mart and the Cereal Box trays as well.  I bought five packs from the Gravity Feed that all had security cards in them and found a red-border Wack-O-Mercial in each pack.

I also bought each variety of the cereal box trays.  I think these may be the coolest Wacky item that Topps has ever produced!  They had three of the Weakies variety and two of the Cap'n Crud.

I also went to a Target just a block away (the same Target that my wife bought me a gravity feed from) and all they had was some ANS2 Cling packs.  I guess they only got the one gravity feed and my wife snapped it up.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »
We have too many ANS7 threads at this point and it's getting confusing to keep track of!  I would think 3 threads should be fine.  One for spoilers, pictures, etc, one for retail tracking, and one for general comments about the series. 
Merged! You will see a few others get merged soon.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2010, 01:14:30 PM »
I got six packs at Wal-Mart today...all with the security strip. Each one had a red border Wack-o-mercial in it. Are we seeing a trend?  My Target still hasn't restocked since I wiped out the gavity feed box last week. That sucks, because I would much rather go to Target than Wal-Mart!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2010, 01:18:16 PM »
I got six packs at Wal-Mart today...all with the security strip. Each one had a red border Wack-o-mercial in it. Are we seeing a trend?  My Target still hasn't restocked since I wiped out the gavity feed box last week. That sucks, because I would much rather go to Target than Wal-Mart!

Since I don't care for the Wack-O-Mercials, I may buy all the non-security packs to better my odds of getting classic foils!!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2010, 03:06:02 PM »
Just got back from a wacky run.

The Targay closest to me does not have the display for the excel sell sheets, but it did have a gravity box which I scooped up along with the 45 packs inside.  No other wacky merchandise.
Next to WalMart which has not had anything in years and years....no change...still nothing.
Then on to the 2nd-closest Targay that does have the excel sell sheet display.....no Wacky pack excel sheet!  Waaaah....I have gotten every Wacky Pack sell sheet (that I know of) from that store!   This store also had a gravity box with no other wacky merchandise.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2010, 04:46:11 PM »
Merged! You will see a few others get merged soon.
Won't that make it hard to find the threads that get absorbed? I've not seen how this works yet.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2010, 06:05:57 PM »
I found the gravity feed boxes at 2 Walmarts in my area....but NO cereal boxes!!!! I wonder if some idiot who delivers the cards to both stores thought it was actual cereal and moved them somewhere else. I even checked the other checkout lanes to see if cards were in 2 spots, but still nothing!! Argh! Oh well, I'd rather buy them from Target, along with the bonus boxes and blister packs. Walmart has always been inconsistent with their trading cards.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2010, 06:19:19 PM »
Then on to the 2nd-closest Targay that does have the excel sell sheet display.....no Wacky pack excel sheet!  Waaaah....I have gotten every Wacky Pack sell sheet (that I know of) from that store!   

You can still get this one...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-series-7-ANS7-ad-sell-sheet-RARE-Target-/370424756944?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563f093ad0