Author Topic: ANS7 Retail Tracker  (Read 101051 times)

Offline DrDeal

ANS7 Retail Tracker
« on: August 20, 2010, 12:47:19 AM »
Given the imminent release of Series 7; I thought it would make sense to post:
1: What store locations you saw product in?
2: What was there?
3: What you purchased?
4: What you left behind so others can drop by that store and hopefully pick up some cards?

I will provide some good intell on where one could find some cards once these hit. Together we can help each other locate these cards.

Regards,  DrDeal

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
Re: ANS7 Retail Tracker
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 06:28:41 AM »
1: What store locations you saw product in?
2: What was there?
3: What you purchased?
4: What you left behind so others can drop by that store and hopefully pick up some cards?

I will provide some good intell on where one could find some cards once these hit. Together we can help each other locate these cards.

Regards,  DrDeal

Great idea...any sighting so far...none for me..I am one the lookout  :o

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 07:03:18 AM »
Great idea...any sighting so far...none for me..I am one the lookout  :o

When does Target fill their card section? I can't remember if it's on Friday's or Monday's. I have a feeling we might see these this weekend. I can't believe D&A haven't sent me notice. That means they don't have them yet or know when there shipment will arrive.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 07:48:08 AM »
When does Target fill their card section? I can't remember if it's on Friday's or Monday's. I have a feeling we might see these this weekend. I can't believe D&A haven't sent me notice. That means they don't have them yet or know when there shipment will arrive.

I have heard nothing yet from them as well.  Hopefully we will soon.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 08:50:37 AM »
I am going to run out at noon today and hit 2 Targets and 2 Walmarts. I actually have 3 of each store within about a 10 mile radius.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 08:52:41 AM »
I recall the Target card being stocked on Thursdays.
my bet is comic shops on Wednesday 8/25 and Target/Wal*Mart on Thursday 8/26
it seems there are always a card shop that gets it early than that though. So probably a rare sighting here and there on Monday or Tuesday, with mass sightings late in the week.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 08:56:39 AM »
I recall the Target card being stocked on Thursdays.
my bet is comic shops on Wednesday 8/25 and Target/Wal*Mart on Thursday 8/26
it seems there are always a card shop that gets it early than that though. So probably a rare sighting here and there on Monday or Tuesday, with mass sightings late in the week.

Sometimes Targets will have all their unopened boxes piled up next to the cards waiting for a guy to stock the shelves. I have had an employee search those boxes a few times. My point is if they are not on the shelves, look for unopened boxes close by.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 11:39:14 AM »
I think they said that shipping begins on the 25th so wouldn't that mean that no product would be on shelves until the following week?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 12:53:16 PM »
I think they said that shipping begins on the 25th so wouldn't that mean that no product would be on shelves until the following week?

D&A just emailed me on how I wanted to pay the balance. I just spoke with Kelly there and she said they are shipping today. I ordered my orders one overnight and the other 2nd day air so she said that one order will go out Monday (2nd day air) and the other on Tuesday (next day air) because they can't arrive before the 25th. So it looks like I will have 3 cases waiting for me on Wed but I can't open them until Friday when I return from a biz trip! Damn! I spent the extra money for overnight shipping and such when I could have had free shipping and had them at my door next Friday when I got back. :'(

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 12:56:55 PM »
D&A just emailed me on how I wanted to pay the balance. I just spoke with Kelly there and she said they are shipping today. I ordered my orders one overnight and the other 2nd day air so she said that one order will go out Monday (2nd day air) and the other on Tuesday (next day air) because they can't arrive before the 25th. So it looks like I will have 3 cases waiting for me on Wed but I can't open them until Friday when I return from a biz trip! Damn! I spent the extra money for overnight shipping and such when I could have had free shipping and had them at my door next Friday when I got back. :'(

Tell them to send it to my house. I'll open them for you.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 01:23:13 PM »
Tell them to send it to my house. I'll open them for you.
Who is going to sell me a base set or two or three?
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 01:26:58 PM »

I don't mind giving you as many of Brad's Wackys as you need.

Speaking of selling...I still owe you some money...will send some tonight through Paypal.

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 02:19:47 PM »
I don't mind giving you as many of Brad's Wackys as you need.

Speaking of selling...I still owe you some money...will send some tonight through Paypal.
HEY KEWL.......this should have been Friday the 13TH
LMK if you need any info...............LKM
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 02:41:29 PM »

I have a feeling getting free base sets of ANS7 won't be a problem!! 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 02:50:40 PM »

I am sure I will have a truck load of base cards. I just have a hunch........ :D

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 04:17:38 PM »
Nothing in the two stores as of friday evening in the Miami area.

Choke-Wagon

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 04:25:12 PM »
Well anyway somebody turn Doomstone into a postcard and do not forget to charge me the maximum!!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 08:31:08 AM »
1: What store locations you saw product in?  Target, Phillipsburg, NJ
2: What was there?  1 Full 48 Pack Gravity Feed Box.
3: What you purchased?  Full Gravity Feed.
4: What you left behind so others can drop by that store and hopefully pick up some cards?  0.

Very cool to score some cards prior to the release date.

Regards,  DrDeal

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 03:53:02 AM »

nice score!! VERY JEALOUS!!!

scored an ad sheet or whatever...no gravit feed last night at target SUX!! went all the way down there...does Walmart have anything early? or was it just target...

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 08:12:40 AM »

nice score!! VERY JEALOUS!!!

scored an ad sheet or whatever...no gravit feed last night at target SUX!! went all the way down there...does Walmart have anything early? or was it just target...

I'm not sure anyone is checking Walmart because of the past disappointments locating them there.  Some of them barely have a trading card section.  The one closest to me has them behind a counter so you literally have to ask the clerk to grab them for you!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 08:16:42 AM »
ANS7 are in Louisville, KY. My wife just picked up 6 packs for me while she was at lunch. She opened one pack and got a silver wack-o-mercial....so she says. I thought they were red parallels. ??

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 08:17:17 AM »
I'm not sure anyone is checking Walmart because of the past disappointments locating them there.  Some of them barely have a trading card section.  The one closest to me has them behind a counter so you literally have to ask the clerk to grab them for you!
I've been checking the wal*marts near me. guess I'm lucky - as there are 3 within 5 miles of my house and all 3 have decent card sections and have consistently carried wackys. Nothing Wacky as of yesterday though.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 11:22:53 AM »
They are live in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:42:17 AM by FourRoses »

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 11:45:51 AM »
I'm not sure anyone is checking Walmart because of the past disappointments locating them there.  Some of them barely have a trading card section.  The one closest to me has them behind a counter so you literally have to ask the clerk to grab them for you!

The Walmart by where I work has nothing. Target had only the feeder packs for sale.  Got my order from dacards today and bought another box from my local baseball card/comic store.  Need the blister packs, cereal boxes, and bonus box.  The cereal bpxes are not at my Walmart or Target or A& P or Super Stop & Shop.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 12:47:16 PM »
Gravity feeds have turned up in Las Vegas!
The chasers are so confusing I don't even know what to look for yet. But I got a card with a glittery border. It's like a bike reflector. Looks kinda bad. Also the pink borders look bad. But the base set looks really good. There are some in this series that absolutely blow me away in terms of rendering. Some of them are the best since Norm Saunders.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 01:04:56 PM »
Hit three Targets in NJ today and Nada. East Hanover, Union, Watchung. Watchung had a spot where a Gravity Feed had been. Union had six Excell boxes I had a kid cut open but no luck.
My buddy checked Bridgewater this am and saw nothing.

DrDeal

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 01:48:23 PM »
 Got my order from dacards today and bought another box from my local baseball card/comic store.

I believe this is the first notice that the cards are showing up at a card/comic store.  In fact, the first notice they've shown up anywhere other than Target.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 01:53:14 PM »
All the cards look good except the ones with the sparkle borders are very tough to see especially in bright light. Topps is now placing an advertisement card randomly in the packs?

I managed at least one set of the base 55 cards, one set of the 20 commercial cards, a complete set of 10 foil card, a few pink parallels as well as a handful of the silver flash foils.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 02:01:37 PM »
No gravity feeds or any other boxes of ANS7 in Hickory NC. :(
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Swiski

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 02:03:12 PM »
All the cards look good except the ones with the sparkle borders are very tough to see especially in bright light. Topps is now placing an advertisement card randomly in the packs?

I managed at least one set of the base 55 cards, one set of the 20 commercial cards, a complete set of 10 foil card, a few pink parallels as well as a handful of the silver flash foils.

Sounds like the same contents of the top loader I plowed through last night, except I got about 5 base sets! No gold, no auto, no sketch. Oh well. Nice to have all of the chase cards out of the way in one sweep. I'm happy to get a double on the Icicle Playing Cards classic foil. Always loved that card! I'm not going for a complete set of the pink or silver bordered Wacko cards. Now to get the binder, cereal box sets, bonus box, and blister packs. Then I can put a fork in it until ANS8...or OS2!

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2010, 02:15:42 PM »
I live in Mass. and haven't even bothered to look yet this week. The Targets around me always seem to get them late.

Offline grabowski67

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2010, 02:31:27 PM »
I hit 3 targets between yesterday and today and nothing. Clark, Linden and North Bergen NJ. ANS2 and ANS3 on the shelves in North Bergen. Why? Get the ANS7 stuff out!!!!

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2010, 02:45:38 PM »
Nothing at my local Target, but I grabbed a couple of boxes from a card shop.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 03:57:40 PM »
Sounds like the same contents of the top loader I plowed through last night, except I got about 5 base sets! N

Pretty much.

Offline 2begijoe

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 04:08:51 PM »
My local Targets had the gravity feeds, no bonus boxes though. They also had boxes of ANS2 and ANS3.

anything