Author Topic: Spring 2019 Philly Show (May 4th/5th)  (Read 29804 times)

Offline BRUTE_88

Re: Spring 2019 Philly Show (May 4th/5th)
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2019, 07:53:17 PM »
What a wonderful Philly Show!  I just can't say enough about the wonderful trip that I made from Florida... Pinfest, Philly Show, and seeing several old and new Wacky Collectors from the surrounding areas. Flew into Philly and went right to to the Allentown Pinfest where I met Ernie, and we spent nearly 9 hours playing pinball with over 400+ machines to choose from...biggest show ever!

I was supposed to meet up with Kevin Flynn (Beanball), but he had some serious travel issues that he might post later when he gets settled back in Detroit.  I really enjoyed talking with the artists, especially Fred Wheaton and Neil Camera.  I was nicely surprised to see James Warhola, Tom Bunk, and John Deitrich there as well...all of whom I had collected their artwork, but never had met them in person before.  I was able to hang out with George Wright (my all-time favorite artist/collector) and was able to reminisce about Wacky Gatherings of the past.  In addition, I was able to meet several newer collectors like Mark (National Spittoon) and Brian (Ratchet007), who both were awesome collectors in their own right. 

The evening at the Ratz was awesome, and I would really like to commend the Roxanne on attending her 70th Philly Show!  If it was not for her and her supportive family, it is very possible that some of us would have never met.  Kind of like a Lost Wacky Family if you will....

Anyhow, I took several pictures, and here are just a few:

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2019, 07:30:21 AM »
What exactly is that Rodeo Flyer card pictured upthread?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2019, 12:45:17 PM »
That one stood out and caught my attention too. I'll re-post Rob's image...

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2019, 03:34:28 PM »
What a wonderful Philly Show!  I just can't say enough about the wonderful trip that I made from Florida... Pinfest, Philly Show, and seeing several old and new Wacky Collectors from the surrounding areas. Flew into Philly and went right to to the Allentown Pinfest where I met Ernie, and we spent nearly 9 hours playing pinball with over 400+ machines to choose from...biggest show ever!

I was supposed to meet up with Kevin Flynn (Beanball), but he had some serious travel issues that he might post later when he gets settled back in Detroit.  I really enjoyed talking with the artists, especially Fred Wheaton and Neil Camera.  I was nicely surprised to see James Warhola, Tom Bunk, and John Deitrich there as well...all of whom I had collected their artwork, but never had met them in person before.  I was able to hang out with George Wright (my all-time favorite artist/collector) and was able to reminisce about Wacky Gatherings of the past.  In addition, I was able to meet several newer collectors like Mark (National Spittoon) and Brian (Ratchet007), who both were awesome collectors in their own right. 

The evening at the Ratz was awesome, and I would really like to commend the Roxanne on attending her 70th Philly Show!  If it was not for her and her supportive family, it is very possible that some of us would have never met.  Kind of like a Lost Wacky Family if you will....

Anyhow, I took several pictures, and here are just a few:

Brian, thanks so much for sharing, these are wonderful pics!  Naturally, I especially like that last pic with the Alien Joy ParoTee!  Might have to send you something special for posting that!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2019, 05:17:15 PM »
What exactly is that Rodeo Flyer card pictured upthread?

It was a promo card (#2) given out at the show.  Here is the flip side:

Here is promo #1:

And promo #3:

All of the backs feature a similar design.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2019, 06:12:17 PM »
Just getting back from Allentown, but just wanted to say how nice it was to meet so many wonderful fans and fellow artists at the show. Wish I had got more pictures but my phone crapped out :( . Oh well, one more reason to go again!

A camera and a shoe:

A fred, a neil, and a george:

Stephen, neil and john:

future world-reknowned artist halsey and cat:

Tom and Neil:

So many great memories! The pics just don't do it justice. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to visit and say hi!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2019, 08:52:58 PM »
SOOOO GREAT!!!! To meet you!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2019, 08:58:28 PM »
Is there any more info on the Kooky Cards Set? Is this set being produced? Exclusive to WP Forum members? Kickstarter? Does anyone have the promo cards they’re willing to part with?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2019, 03:31:25 AM »
Is there any more info on the Kooky Cards Set? Is this set being produced? Exclusive to WP Forum members? Kickstarter? Does anyone have the promo cards they’re willing to part with?

I was not at the show. Anyone with a few Kooky Card promos they would be willing to sell ; please pm me.

Andrew

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2019, 04:48:55 AM »

The Kooky Cards are a set of 3 promo cards based on some concepts that Mike Depaz wrote and I painted. There may be more and might even include other writers. We'll just have to wait and see ;) . I have just a few left, as well as the Sunday only promo card ("Curst"), but I'm still catching up from the crazy week, so I'll post about how to get them later this weekend.

Offline drono

« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2019, 01:06:27 PM »
The Kooky Cards are a set of 3 promo cards based on some concepts that Mike Depaz wrote and I painted. There may be more and might even include other writers. We'll just have to wait and see ;) .

There are so many different hot wheels that you could do an entire set of Flat Wheels and include different cars.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2019, 03:28:47 PM »
The Kooky Cards are a set of 3 promo cards based on some concepts that Mike Depaz wrote and I painted. There may be more and might even include other writers. We'll just have to wait and see ;) . I have just a few left, as well as the Sunday only promo card ("Curst"), but I'm still catching up from the crazy week, so I'll post about how to get them later this weekend.

Thanks Neil!

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2019, 09:47:49 AM »
Hell, I was at the show and didn't get these! How did that happen???   :c002:

Offline quas

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2019, 02:25:46 PM »
Hell, I was at the show and didn't get these! How did that happen???   :c002:

Same here!  Double aarghh!
Marc

Offline dth1971

« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2019, 05:30:46 AM »

Nothing on how to acquire the Kooky Cards yet?

Also: Too bad the Spring Philly show didn't give a hint on the next Topps Wacky Packages series nor the next Wacky Packages Old School (#8) series.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2019, 03:15:47 PM »

Neil,

Any updates on how to acquire the Kooky Card promos? 

Thanks,  Andrew

Offline Swiski

« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2019, 09:00:46 PM »
I'm up for a set when they are available and if there are enough to cover us in the forum! Thanks!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2019, 02:40:12 PM »
Bueller?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2019, 05:55:05 PM »
Neil,

Any updates on how to acquire the Kooky Card promos? 

Thanks,  Andrew

Thanks for the message. Just wanted to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about you! It's just been a a crazy week! I'm making arrangements to get the Kooky card promos and will post again very soon.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2019, 08:11:17 PM »
Thanks Neil! Would love to get these from you! Looks like they would make a great set down the road ;) would it be possible to get a PM from you so I don’t miss out? Please and thank you!

Offline quas

« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2019, 08:38:39 PM »
Thanks Neil! Would love to get these from you! Looks like they would make a great set down the road ;) would it be possible to get a PM from you so I don’t miss out? Please and thank you!

Same here - if there's enough!  :)
Marc

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2019, 05:26:33 AM »

Hi everyone!

I've finally sorted some of my cards from the show and have some extra Kooky promo cards (3 different) and some of the "Kurst" show cards to share. If anyone wants them, I can send one of each. But please keep in mind, it's first come, first serve. I have a very limited supply. Send me a PM on the forum and I will check back with you this weekend to reserve your cards. Once you get a confirmation, please send me a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope and I'll send 'em your way. GOOD LUCK!

PS - If you were able to get some at the show, please be courteous to other collectors and give them first dibs - thanks!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2019, 01:03:29 PM »
Hi everyone!

I've finally sorted some of my cards from the show and have some extra Kooky promo cards (3 different) and some of the "Kurst" show cards to share. If anyone wants them, I can send one of each. But please keep in mind, it's first come, first serve. I have a very limited supply. Send me a PM on the forum and I will check back with you this weekend to reserve your cards. Once you get a confirmation, please send me a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope and I'll send 'em your way. GOOD LUCK!

PS - If you were able to get some at the show, please be courteous to other collectors and give them first dibs - thanks!

Neil,

Got my cards today. Thanks VERY much. They are sooo cool.

Andrew

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2019, 03:22:23 PM »
Got mine to  :]. Hope to see a set of these in the near future.

Thanks Neil!!

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2019, 10:27:45 PM »
Neil, I got my promo cards today as well.  As usual, GREAT JOB on these, and thanks for letting those of us who couldn't go get our hands on these.  And like the others, I also wouldn't mind seeing a set of these in the near future.   :D

Offline Swiski

« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2019, 05:56:57 AM »
Got mine too! Very nice quality. Thank you so much!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2019, 08:44:33 PM »
Just received them too from you, koduck! Thanks!

You recycled the Jerkens kid in Oxi Moron and the Gulp Oil monkey on Flat Wheels.

anything