Author Topic: Spring 2019 Philly Show (May 4th/5th)  (Read 29806 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Spring 2019 Philly Show (May 4th/5th)
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2019, 12:11:15 PM »
Saturday should be great! Hope a few of you can make it on Sunday. Got a surprise or two in store!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2019, 01:57:40 PM »
I don't get out to PA very often, but plans worked out and I'll be making it to both days for this one.
Should be great!

Online Zenergizer

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2019, 04:56:43 PM »
For those attending the show, make sure to say hi to our own Mr. Neil Camera!  Super classy gentleman!

Chenduz will be there as well, another great guy!  pssst, he likes coffee!

And George, too!  George, get to the Post Office, I know there are plenty down the Cape!

And make sure to pick up a card set there!  Robert Jimenez has a super promo of one
of his upcoming Fearsome Weirdos cards, it looks like it's going to be a great set!

I hear that there also may be a Wacky surprise or two?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2019, 07:21:43 AM »
I'm not able to attend, as I used up many vacation days at the Star Wars celebration. Any chance people will be selling extra Wacky promo cards here? If so, please add me to the list! Thx!

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2019, 08:36:10 AM »
Neil's Sunday Wacky Packages promo card has been posted on the PNS facebook page - for those that don't mind seeing spoilers.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2019, 02:36:13 PM »
Unfortunately, I cannot attend Sunday. It is the day of two birthdays in my family.

I will be there Saturday, though. I'll just miss out on the Sunday cards.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2019, 03:18:52 PM »
I don't get out to PA very often, but plans worked out and I'll be making it to both days for this one.
Should be great!
Wow, Patrick, that's far out! (getting into the '70s slang) Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2019, 02:06:14 PM »
Saturday should be great! Hope a few of you can make it on Sunday. Got a surprise or two in store!

Wish I lived back east!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2019, 03:49:56 PM »
Unfortunately, I cannot attend Sunday. It is the day of two birthdays in my family.

I will be there Saturday, though. I'll just miss out on the Sunday cards.

I hate missing special Wackys  :sad:

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2019, 05:35:11 PM »
I hate missing special Wackys  :sad:
The ReSee’s Peepers postcard is the one that still haunts me.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2019, 05:53:10 PM »

That's a great Wacky!  I liked it so much that I bought Neil's painting - my first Wacky painting.  I think that was the last show I was able to attend.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2019, 10:50:50 AM »
That one, I think, had such an overall tone of...creepiness to it that I think that it should've been a Wacky Halloween Postcard, not a Wacky Packages Postcard. It would've fit right in with them, believe me.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 01:57:33 PM by mikecho »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2019, 06:30:43 AM »
I figure the line is growing, wish I was on it. 

In the spirit of the day, although my Off The Market package arrived Thursday, I waited until today to open it (I made it to 9 am before giving in).  I'll write more in the other thread, but they're great!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2019, 12:17:16 PM »
It was nice to see everyone I normally do - as well as a few new people. (Brute 88, and I believe Bandaches)

Not much to boast, but I got a 16th Series Fling Ems, Spic n Span variation, last three normal die cuts (of course without Ratz and Cracked), and some upgrades. That's about it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 03:11:30 AM by NationalSpittoon »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2019, 07:55:56 AM »
Nicest Allentown pickup....

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2019, 08:40:14 AM »
Nicest Allentown pickup....

That's really nice!

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2019, 10:56:37 AM »
Here's what I was able to pick up at the Philly Show...................

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2019, 11:26:14 AM »
I was able to finish my 1 - 16 run this weekend! I picked up the final two 16ths that I needed, Yichs Sign-X and Seven Spies  :great:
Brian Mc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2019, 11:37:20 AM »
I was able to finish my 1 - 16 run this weekend! I picked up the final two 16ths that I needed, Yichs Sign-X and Seven Spies  :great:

Congrats!!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2019, 12:57:14 PM »

Awesome! Hoping to get there too, myself. I’m just over half way on my 16th.
Do you have the puzzles as well?

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2019, 01:07:55 PM »
Awesome! Hoping to get there too, myself. I’m just over half way on my 16th.
Do you have the puzzles as well?

Yes, all of them.

And, I did upgrade two 16th puzzle pieces this weekend as well. I had the puzzle completed, but these two pieces were garbage (pun intended)  :P
Brian Mc

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2019, 01:57:01 PM »
Yes, all of them.

And, I did upgrade two 16th puzzle pieces this weekend as well. I had the puzzle completed, but these two pieces were garbage (pun intended)  :P

1st of all, Hope I don't miss anybody here (I'll do my best). Great to see Kook, Ratchet 007, Brute 88, Brian M (Not sure of your FN), Paul Maul, Band -Aches, Vah Surfer, Bigtomi, Quas, Matt S, JL 1967, Soremel, Duck/Hide, Jason B, ETC. 2nd of all, I picked up 4 of The ANS Boxes I needed, A Grime Heavy for a contact in TX. and a Jerkitol from series 15 for a contact in NC. 3rd Last but not least, The highlight of my weekend was seeing the debonair Neil Camera and his delightful daughter Halsey. I certainly wish they had the opportunity to make each and every show, But I know that isn't possible. Do look forward to seeing them again in the near future. A wonderful meal was enjoyed last night for those able to attend and many shouts and thank you's went out to Marlin/Roxanne Toser for all their yrs. involved with the PNSS, All the artists present there were involved in the card talk panel this morning and with that, donuts and coffee were provided along with prizes handed out last night and this morning. For those interested (And I'm sure you will be) The dates for the fall show are the 19th/20th of Oct. again held at the MSM.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2019, 02:11:57 PM »
Just back from Philly and was sooo great to see everyone, Especially meeting Neil and his up and coming-artist daughter, Halsey; Neil is going to have some family competition!

Great to also see Fred Wheaton again as well as Jeff Zapata and meet Chenduz, who traveled all the way from The Netherlands! Ka-Boo!

- Chenduz
- Fred Wheaton
- Jeff Zapata
- Neil Camera

The dinner was great and was nice to catch up with everyone and share!  Sorry we missed the ice-cream session, VERY patient girlfriend was wackied out and wanted to go to Karaoke at Sliders, so..... Happy Wife (gfriend) Wacky Life!

I hope everyone will enjoy Mark Parisi's set - I got to open it just now!!! Looks great and a few surprises too!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2019, 03:41:53 PM »
Was glad to make the show after a many year break.  I am going to try to make them more often and may drag one or both of my daughters as they are getting into collecting pokemon.  Was nice to see the wacky gang was back to the way it was long ago, stress free good conversations about wackys!  I enjoyed seeing George's massive UK collection and discussing the art of spotting those titles.  Neil was the true gentleman as he portrays on the forum, was really glad to finally meet him in person!

Not much in the way of underpriced "finds" at the show but definitely some quantity available for people to fill holes in their collections. I snagged a pile of puzzle pieces at $1 each to finish many extra puzzles.  also grabbed some series 15's at $3 each which completed another series 15 set for me.  My biggest find was the gloss back bandache which was NOT at the show but in one of the mall stores!  It was $45, has a crease in the upper right but still a good find.  I left it there as I have several already so perhaps fun for the next show to see who can find it.

Was disappointed that no dealers carried pokemon common singles that I could load up and bring to my kids to trade, again found those in a mall store but since I bought a couple of pokemon treasure chest tins at the show, I left the pokemon singles at the store for next time so I will know my girls will have something to dig thru.

Of course special thanks to Brian L for hanging all day Friday into Saturday as we did the pinball show, split hotel costs and both made a connection with a new dealer who seems to be expecting to get loads of wackys in the near future.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2019, 05:12:04 PM »
Glad to have met so many both new and familiar faces this past weekend.  From what I understand, Saturday had a surprisingly large and unexpected turnout.  The artists in attendance were also a really great group with some good stories to tell.  (Speaking of which, if anybody has ever wondered where such a strange moniker as "Chenduz" comes from, it is a play on Vincenzo D'Ippolito's first name given to him by his childhood friends.)  Already looking forward to the fall show!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2019, 05:49:21 PM »
Here are a few cards, magnets, postcards, etc. given out or sold at the show.  (Sorry about the quality!)

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2019, 06:08:16 AM »
Anyone selling Old Petal, Del Monkey, Rodeo Flyer and Prepsi? PM me.

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2019, 07:44:51 AM »
Great show over both days, plus the Sat. dinner and Red Robin meet up, and the Sun. card talk event. Saturday was the highlight and very well attended, and Sunday was a nice wind-down.
Spent tons of time talking with all the artists and met a few of the wacky gang (Brian Mc, Tom, Brian L, Mark S.) and somehow missing out on meeting everyone else! Next time!

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2019, 07:46:57 AM »
Anyone selling Old Petal, Del Monkey, Rodeo Flyer and Prepsi? PM me.
for the Prepsi magnet, Fred has a dozen or so, and he mentioned he'll soon be posting on the forum the info for those interested in picking one up.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2019, 12:51:51 PM »
This show was so much fun! I'm surprised that I actually had a voice by the time it all ended at 3:00 pm on Sunday! It was great to see the "Wacky Faithful" that showed up over the span of the show. Also, to get to hang with Brian L., and Ernie D. again, gave the show a classic "Hanging at Jeff Weiss' House in '99" kind of vibe! I could have talked about, and traded, vintage OPC Wackys with both of them all day! The artist lineup for this particular show was one of the best! (In my opinion!) Definitely a group of some of the kindest & funniest people on the planet! Finally getting to meet Neil, and his daughter, was so much fun! And, I could have talked to James Warhola 'til the cows came home! Brian Lambert, and I, tried numerous times to do some trading on Saturday & Sunday, but my table was so busy that we didn't get to sit & do Wacky business almost until the closing of the show! Unfortunately, I only had one title that he needed (and I think it was an upgrade!) but he gave me a great deal on some OPC 1st Series stickers that helped reduce the length of my needs list. The top row, in the photo, are white-backed, and the bottom row are tans. The puzzle piece is a light-backed upgrade. The Toser family deserves a LOT of credit for all of the effort that they put into these shows. I'm looking forward to, and hope to see many of the Forum members at the Fall show!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2019, 02:03:15 PM »
Not much in the way of underpriced "finds" at the show but definitely some quantity available for people to fill holes in their collections. I snagged a pile of puzzle pieces at $1 each to finish many extra puzzles.  also grabbed some series 15's at $3 each which completed another series 15 set for me.  My biggest find was the gloss back bandache which was NOT at the show but in one of the mall stores!  It was $45, has a crease in the upper right but still a good find.  I left it there as I have several already so perhaps fun for the next show to see who can find it.

I also noticed the 15ths for $3. I bought a couple singles from there, not any of the 15ths though. And, of course the only time I didn't go into the mall stores, there's a glossy Bandache. That's a cool find. Wouldn't be able to afford it anyway, but I'm fine with my Bandache too.

Fanatical: I didn't meet you at the show. I'm the kid with the long hair. And, my dad who also has long hair was with me. Hopefully we can meet up next time you come. It's fun getting to meet all of the members on here and talk about Wackys.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2019, 03:42:25 PM »
It's fun getting to meet all of the members on here and talk about Wackys.

Mark, it was great to see you & your dad again! Congratulations on your finds at the show & kudos on the drum set! Hope to see you guys at the Fall show!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2019, 06:51:37 PM »
I also noticed the 15ths for $3. I bought a couple singles from there, not any of the 15ths though. And, of course the only time I didn't go into the mall stores, there's a glossy Bandache. That's a cool find. Wouldn't be able to afford it anyway, but I'm fine with my Bandache too.

Fanatical: I didn't meet you at the show. I'm the kid with the long hair. And, my dad who also has long hair was with me. Hopefully we can meet up next time you come. It's fun getting to meet all of the members on here and talk about Wackys.
Glad to have met you!  Next time, let's go find that glossy bandache and talk the seller down to $30!  Did anyone grab the 40-50 series 4 wrappers for $1 each?  I was thinking of grabbing them just to fill a box with wrappers.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2019, 06:53:22 PM »
Great show over both days, plus the Sat. dinner and Red Robin meet up, and the Sun. card talk event. Saturday was the highlight and very well attended, and Sunday was a nice wind-down.
Spent tons of time talking with all the artists and met a few of the wacky gang (Brian Mc, Tom, Brian L, Mark S.) and somehow missing out on meeting everyone else! Next time!
Bummer we didn't meet.  I mentioned to Brian at dinner Friday night that I recalled you were coming, glad you made the trip and got a lot out of it!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2019, 07:18:38 PM »
Here's what I was able to pick up at the Philly Show...................

Nice you are on your way.

anything